PDA

View Full Version : Do Not Tread Lightly Into That Water Fellaz.......

wootawnee
12-04-2009, 05:19 PM
The Raiders have some great players on that team that can make some great plays........The mechanics of the team is is disaray though, this is why they have been struggling since Gruden was fired in 02.......I live in the Raiders market and let me tell you how bad it is for the fans here........Imagine if this happened in Pittsburgh(let's hope not)...........
The Raiders were one of the best franchises in the NFL........They almost never lost a monday night game in the hayday.........They would have Won 3 or more,more titles if the Steelers did not knock them out of the playoffs, cause they were that great.......From there great teams, they have the same number of hall of famers as the Steelers have.....Somewhere around Nine........Raider pride runs deep and their faithfull has been at every game in this horrible strech the last few years.........
But the fans that cannot make the trip to the stadium every sunday suffer greatly........Face it we all cannot afford to go to games.........I live in the raider-land out here and I got DTV Sunday Ticket and I cannot even watch the home games.......Now imagine that in the burgh(so far fetched but try to)............It kills ya when your hommies are not watching and giving you support in your community..........And very sad cause , some of the best football ever played was played for this franchise.......Like it or not..........You had Great backs recievers,O-lineman,tightends,qb's,kickers,punters,dlineman,li nebackers,andsomeof the best dbacks ever to walk the gridiron....all in The Hall..............
It really makes me puke that they are not a force at the moment because they were truly a uniquie team in the sense of every aspect........The Tuck rulled makes me puke......They stipped them of the 01 title..........

I am just saying a prayer for all of those in Raider Nation for the healing of the franchise and the entertainment you truly deserve back in your lives and neighborhoods.......

But just don't heal until the following weekend ....Um kay........

The Steelers have to play the Raiders hard cause they got great talent on that team...........Great corner, Great pass rusher, great backs..........

All or nothing at the confluence.........This game reminds me of the Bears game in 05.........You better bring it or you'll be on the couch come january....

Peace out........

http://www.steelergridiron.com/history/images/joe_greene9_jpg.jpg
http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2008/01/26/1201375930_7790.jpg

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/81802328.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1934B869679A269F9CCCCDB97FE2C4649F5 26FD13ED7B73D4BC

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/81802822.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1934B869679A269F9CC76B16FE29457EE51 26FD13ED7B73D4BC

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/81345603.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1934B869679A269F9CCA5C49EF899F794EE 26FD13ED7B73D4BC

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/81801676.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1934B869679A269F9CC753638A8632FA7EC 26FD13ED7B73D4BC

silver & black
12-04-2009, 07:29 PM
All I can say is, thank you for acknowlegeing the Raider Nation with respect... and understanding how miserable us fans are right now.

Merchant
12-04-2009, 08:48 PM
I can only imagine how good the Raiders would be if Al Davis retired...

fansince'76
12-04-2009, 08:57 PM
http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/81802328.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1934B869679A269F9CCCCDB97FE2C4649F5 26FD13ED7B73D4BC

When football was still football. Sigh....

LVSteelersfan
12-04-2009, 09:23 PM
Who cares if the Raiders suck? As long as Al Davis is there, they can rot. Finally got rid of that doddering old fool Madden from broadcasting. The old Raiders are long ago memories. I can't stand them and never will. Which is as it should be.

wootawnee
12-05-2009, 12:45 AM
All I can say is, thank you for acknowlegeing the Raider Nation with respect... and understanding how miserable us fans are right now.

I get so upset when I cannot watch a Raider game cause it's blacked out........They even black it out on dtv......Tell me that don't suck.........

sharkweek
12-05-2009, 02:08 AM
The last time they played the Steelers out-gained the Raiders 390 yards to 132 and still lost. Any given Sunday.

BigBen'sSwagger
12-05-2009, 05:47 AM
Ah the good ole days when black and blue football was always in order when the Steelers played the raiders.

The raiders are the reason I became a Steeler fan with the immaculate reception because I hated their dirty play.

The raiders were robbed on the tuck rule and the team that robbed them ironically became the dirtiest and most hated team in football.

I remember the last time we lost after we dominated the game so I hope the Steelers have their eyes wide open and start making some plays.

raider fans like browns fans are at least loyal I will give them that much

steel striker
12-05-2009, 05:58 AM
No doubt that is does suck when you can't watch your team because, of the blackout. That tuck rule should have been thrown out years ago and, it makes me sick everytime I think about that game. In those games back in the 70's now that was football. Talk about ttwo teams who did not like each other. Like many others have already posted it is time to get Al Davis out of there.

Galax Steeler
12-05-2009, 05:59 AM

When football was still football. Sigh....

Agreed that was the good old days when you could hit someone.:applaudit:

redst3
12-05-2009, 06:00 AM
It just goes to show how badly this season has gone down. We are sitting here actually considering this tattered team has a chance of beating the world champs.

BigBen'sSwagger
12-05-2009, 06:03 AM
Agreed that was the good old days when you could hit someone.:applaudit:

Wow and Lambert must be rolling his eyes at what the game has become if he thought the QB's needed dresses back then what would he say now???

BigBen'sSwagger
12-05-2009, 06:06 AM
It just goes to show how badly this season has gone down. We are sitting here actually considering this tattered team has a chance of beating the world champs.

We have been scorned not only by this Steeler team but also teams of the past. Remember the Texans 1st season, the Raiders, and this year's Chiefs all very bitter pills to swallow when you lose even though you dominated. It really is sad.

GoSlash27
12-05-2009, 06:56 AM
It takes a true die-hard football fan to stick with the Raiders through all this. Raider Nation: I salute you! :tt02::drink:

pghfrank1948
12-05-2009, 07:15 AM
Thle Raiders of old were the fool of cheap shot artist and thugs, just like the current Baltimore Ratbirds. Jack head hunter Tatum was the worst of them and John Madden never got over the beat downs the 70 Steelers put on his group of gangsters. I agree about Al Davis may he die soon so the Silver and Black can at least be less of a joke.

HometownGal
12-05-2009, 08:21 AM
I don't take any opponent lightly and I'm not going to start doing so tomorrow afternoon. I hope the players have the same mindset. :hope:

What I wouldn't give for the return of the Steelers/Raiders rivalry of the 70's! That was some damned good football! :applaudit: :tt02:

silver & black
12-05-2009, 11:15 AM
Who cares if the Raiders suck? As long as Al Davis is there, they can rot. Finally got rid of that doddering old fool Madden from broadcasting. The old Raiders are long ago memories. I can't stand them and never will. Which is as it should be.

Agreed! :drink:

silver & black
12-05-2009, 11:21 AM
Thle Raiders of old were the fool of cheap shot artist and thugs, just like the current Baltimore Ratbirds. Jack head hunter Tatum was the worst of them and John Madden never got over the beat downs the 70 Steelers put on his group of gangsters. I agree about Al Davis may he die soon so the Silver and Black can at least be less of a joke.

If you're going to use his name, use it correctly... Jack The Assassin Tatum. :wink02:

Tatum was one of baddest M F'ers to ever take the field... and my all time favorite Raider.:thumbsup:

I understand your hate of the Raiders... and I love it! I feel the same way about the Steelers when we play.

wootawnee
12-05-2009, 06:39 PM
If you're going to use his name, use it correctly... Jack The Assassin Tatum. :wink02:

Tatum was one of baddest M F'ers to ever take the field... and my all time favorite Raider.:thumbsup:

I understand your hate of the Raiders... and I love it! I feel the same way about the Steelers when we play.

My favorite is Ben Davidson..........That dude was narly.......He was in alot of movies and tv shows........He used to ride his motorcycle in the off season all the way down to Columbia.........If you want to see him in action watch the original mash movie......He was awesome.......

wootawnee
12-05-2009, 06:47 PM

The whole league was cheap shottin dudes......That's the way they used to do it.......Now its wah wah cry baby coorprate goodell wanting to be micky mouse disney league........

The Raiders of the 60's 70's were the most diverse team in the league.......They were all brothers.......They were the first true team that did not have any racism in the locker room.......Racism was a huge problem back in those days.......We can thank Mr. Davis for snuffing all that crap out.......He was a pioneer in bringing people of all ethnicities together..........He don't get any credit for that........It's a shame........And Mr. Madden did more for this game than you know.......Who wouldn't have a bad taste in their mouths after losing championship games like he did..........It's the same way you feel about New England.........They make ya sick huh........Thats the way it is.......
But ya got to give them respect even though...........

supa_fly_steeler
12-05-2009, 06:53 PM

can't be that much longer until he dies lol.

he's ruined that franchise, thank god he didnt continue to be commisioner or the AFL would of been ****ed lol

Texasteel
12-05-2009, 06:58 PM
can't be that much longer until he dies lol.

he's ruined that franchise, thank god he didnt continue to be commisioner or the AFL would of been ****ed lol

Have you seen him lately. I think he died 3 years ago.

silver & black
12-05-2009, 09:48 PM
The whole league was cheap shottin dudes......That's the way they used to do it.......Now its wah wah cry baby coorprate goodell wanting to be micky mouse disney league........

The Raiders of the 60's 70's were the most diverse team in the league.......They were all brothers.......They were the first true team that did not have any racism in the locker room.......Racism was a huge problem back in those days.......We can thank Mr. Davis for snuffing all that crap out.......He was a pioneer in bringing people of all ethnicities together..........He don't get any credit for that........It's a shame........And Mr. Madden did more for this game than you know.......Who wouldn't have a bad taste in their mouths after losing championship games like he did..........It's the same way you feel about New England.........They make ya sick huh........Thats the way it is.......
But ya got to give them respect even though...........

First black QB... first hispanic QB... first hispanic head coach... first black head coach... first woman in a position of power in the NFL. Al Davis is a man of many "firsts" in the NFL. Al Davis is not what he used to be, obviously, but he does deserve a modicum of respect for his accomplishments and devotion to this sport and this league. The NFL would not be what it is without Al Davis, weather you believe that or not.

Most of you know that I want Al to step aside and let a younger mind run the day to day football operations. I, and 99% of all Raiders fans know that things will never get better untill he does... but that doesn't diminish what the man has accomplished in his life and in this league. Al Davis was an integral part of forming the NFL as we know it...... no matter what you may think of him now.

solardave
12-06-2009, 06:47 AM

Just in. Madden retired last year! Davis is the problem with the Raiders. I agree there.

He's not good for the league either.

Jaquila
12-06-2009, 08:24 AM
I got a lot of respect for the Raiders, both team now and they had then,
here in Denmark your an idiot if you're rooting for bad teams like Raider, Lions, 49'ers etc.
its only cool if you root for the Colts, Pats, saints Giants and Cowboys, makes me sick to my stomach, because my best friend is a Dolphins fan and i also know a guy who is a Raiders fan and those people know more about football than many of those idiot bandwagoners ( thats NFL for you in Denmark =/ ).
I truly hope that teams like the Dolphins,49'ers and Raiders will be great again because those franchises belongs in the top of NFL and not where they are now

SteelerEmpire
12-06-2009, 08:36 AM
Now the only thing that the Raiders has had going for them for years now is the above average sales of their ball caps and shirts to "gang-bangers"... You ask one what do they think of the Raiders chances in any given year, and they can't even tell you who the coach or starting QB is....