View Full Version : Heisman?

Nadroj 20
12-05-2009, 10:35 PM
So who wins it this year?

I think my top 3 would have to be...

Toby Gerhart
Mark Ingram
Colt McCoy

I like gerhart but he probably wont win and Ingram rushing for 113 yards and 3 TD with 2 rec for 76 yards against Florida might have helped him alot. McCoy isnt playing that great so far in the Big 12 Championship so who knows?

Thoughts

SteelCityMan786
12-05-2009, 10:36 PM
I say Ingram, but wouldn't be surprised if McCoy or Gerhart won.

Nadroj 20
12-05-2009, 10:38 PM
I say Ingram, but wouldn't be surprised if McCoy or Gerhart won.

Yea I would love to see Gerhart

NEPAsteeler
12-05-2009, 10:43 PM
I'll say Gerhart. I watched him play for the first time last week and the boy is a Beast.

Steelboy84
12-05-2009, 11:31 PM
Mark Ingram

SteelersinCA
12-06-2009, 02:17 AM
Gerhart.

Aussie_steeler
12-06-2009, 04:35 AM
Ingram put the icing on the cake today against Gators. McCoy wasnt as flashy. Ballots are cast this weekend so I am guessing the momentum is with Ingram.

revefsreleets
12-06-2009, 10:57 AM
Probably Ingram...although McElroy played huge in a huge game.

I had McCoy going in, but he looked average against the Huskers and that was the game that EVERY voter watched.

43Hitman
12-06-2009, 11:10 AM
How many juniors have won the Heisman? I think because Ingram is still a junior the voters will look at it like he'll get his next year. Therefore, I predict Gerhart by default because McCoy looked very average last night against the Huskers. I hope Ingram gets it though.

Godfather
12-06-2009, 12:50 PM
They shouldn't award it this year. Nobody really distinguished himself.

Nadroj 20
12-07-2009, 07:30 PM
Finalist

Toby Gerhart
Mark Ingram
Colt McCoy
Ndamukong Suh
Tim Tebow

supa_fly_steeler
12-07-2009, 09:29 PM
probably tebow, because there homos

SteelMember
12-08-2009, 08:08 AM
Mark Ingram. :thmbup:

revefsreleets
12-08-2009, 01:29 PM
If Tebow wins it, there will have to have been some kind of SEC conspiracy behind it...

Nadroj 20
12-08-2009, 01:42 PM
If Tebow wins it, there will have to have been some kind of SEC conspiracy behind it...

He is a good football player and i dont have a problem with Tebow, but he didnt have a heisman year and if he wins i'll have a tough time not beleiving this as well.

Indo
12-08-2009, 03:02 PM
He is a good football player and i dont have a problem with Tebow, but he didnt have a heisman year and if he wins i'll have a tough time not beleiving this as well.

I have HUGE problems with Timmy winning which I have expressed in many places on the board. Putting ALL of that aside, he simply did not have a Heisman year, IMO

I agree with Revs that McElroy had an absolutely outstanding game against the Gators. I find it interesting that he has never lost a game that he started as QB since 8th grade...
In my opinion he is a much more complete QB than Tebow (who is good, but overrated)

As for Ingram...correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't he a sophomore? I don't know how many juniors have won the Heisman, but I don't think it should be a consideration at all. If a player is performing up to the standards of the award (Most Outstanding Football Player), he should get it.

Here are some more facts about the Heisman
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heisman_Trophy

My vote goes to Ingram
(he's gonna be a beast when he gets to the big leagues if he stays healthy and if he doesn't pull a Ricky Williams)

43Hitman
12-08-2009, 03:24 PM
Yes Indo, Ingram is a sophomore, that's why I think he doesn't win it, even though I am pulling for him. Mark Ingram reminds me a lot of Emmit Smith, I love the way he runs.

Indo
12-08-2009, 03:39 PM
Yes Indo, Ingram is a sophomore, that's why I think he doesn't win it, even though I am pulling for him. Mark Ingram reminds me a lot of Emmit Smith, I love the way he runs.

Me, too. Watching him pound the Gators was a thing of Beauty....
3rd and 2---he got it
3rd and 4---he got it
whatever the situation---he got it
Just pounding the rock the whole game.

Football, Baby!

I think he's the most deserving of the Heisman. Age isn't supposed to matter in the choosing of the winner, but you are probably right. It probably does matter....

kmsteelerwr15
12-08-2009, 06:08 PM
All I can say is; where in the world is C.J. Spiller on this list?

Nadroj 20
12-08-2009, 06:13 PM
All I can say is; where in the world is C.J. Spiller on this list?

True, but who would you take off? I think all 5 are deserving of invites even Suh.

But I agree Spiller is good i do like him :thumbsup:

kmsteelerwr15
12-09-2009, 10:18 AM
True, but who would you take off? I think all 5 are deserving of invites even Suh.

But I agree Spiller is good i do like him :thumbsup:

They don't have to take anyone off. It's just like last year when they left off Graham Harrell. They need to acknowledge someone like Spiller; he was the only player to score a TD in every game played and they were from rush, pass, and returns. Spiller is a player who is a true threat no matter where he plays on the field.

I remember watching something on ESPN and they said that Spiller wouldn't be invited because he is not a "winner". Well if they want the best players from the best teams as opposed to the best players in the nation; then just like the BCS the Heisman will become a joke. Now i know that they invited Suh and Gerhart but seriously we all know they won't be in the top 3 in voting and I honestly believe it's because the teams they are on.

Nadroj 20
12-09-2009, 11:19 AM
They don't have to take anyone off. It's just like last year when they left off Graham Harrell. They need to acknowledge someone like Spiller; he was the only player to score a TD in every game played and they were from rush, pass, and returns. Spiller is a player who is a true threat no matter where he plays on the field.

I remember watching something on ESPN and they said that Spiller wouldn't be invited because he is not a "winner". Well if they want the best players from the best teams as opposed to the best players in the nation; then just like the BCS the Heisman will become a joke. Now i know that they invited Suh and Gerhart but seriously we all know they won't be in the top 3 in voting and I honestly believe it's because the teams they are on.

Idk about that, alot of voters on espn who have decided to let us know who they voted for or who they would vote for and alot say Gerhart.

I also thought there was a limit to who could be invited to the Ceremony too, thats why i said who do you take off that list

I do like Spiller and i agree he probably deserved an invite, imo Gerhart wins.

kmsteelerwr15
12-09-2009, 02:58 PM
Idk about that, alot of voters on espn who have decided to let us know who they voted for or who they would vote for and alot say Gerhart.

I also thought there was a limit to who could be invited to the Ceremony too, thats why i said who do you take off that list

I do like Spiller and i agree he probably deserved an invite, imo Gerhart wins.

I'm not really sure if they have a limit either, but I would not be opposed to expnding it if they do. I would love to see Gerhart win. He leads the nation in rushing TDs played great in all of their big games

revefsreleets
12-09-2009, 04:20 PM
Just as an exercise in curiosity, would you guys say these are Heisman worthy college #'s?

11-2
Conference Championship
3043 yards passing
71.1 completion percentage
27 Td's
6 INT's
154.05 QBR
174 rushes for 701 yards (4.0 average)
14 Rushing TD's

Nadroj 20
12-09-2009, 06:09 PM
Just as an exercise in curiosity, would you guys say these are Heisman worthy college #'s?

11-2
Conference Championship
3043 yards passing
71.1 completion percentage
27 Td's
6 INT's
154.05 QBR
14 Rushing TD's

Dan LeFevour is awesome he does have good numbers and ive watch him play many times.

When you look at his numbers vs. Tim Tebow and Colt McCoy the only two QB finalist you see:

McCoy

Passing
3,512 yards
27 TD's
12 INT's
147.5 rating

Rushing
348 yards (YPC 2.7)
3 TD's

Tebow

Passing
2413 yards
19 TD's
5 INT's
155.6 Rating

Rushing
859 yards (YPC 4.2)
13 TD's

So comparing LeFevour to those 2 you can argue hes better then them, but unfortenatly because his conference championship is the MAC, he wont get looked at, but he could be better then the other two on sundays.

Your right rev some voters who just got the numbers and there were no names on the ballot would vote for LeFevour.

revefsreleets
12-10-2009, 12:50 PM
THIS is what really floored me:

14 Rushing TD's

And he's a big boy....6'3" 240lbs...to move around that well.

Nadroj 20
12-10-2009, 12:52 PM
THIS is what really floored me:

14 Rushing TD's

And he's a big boy....6'3" 240lbs...to move around that well.

Which is compared to Tebow who is probably known for running more then passing and on top of LeFevours running he can actually PASS! :chuckle:

CrimsonTideSteelersFan
12-11-2009, 10:56 AM
As of the last update, the experts at stiffarmtrophy.com still have Ingram projected as the winner. These folks at stiffarmtrophy have never missed a projection in the eight years they've been doing Heisman projections.

http://stiffarmtrophy.com

revefsreleets
12-12-2009, 07:30 AM
As of the last update, the experts at stiffarmtrophy.com still have Ingram projected as the winner. These folks at stiffarmtrophy have never missed a projection in the eight years they've been doing Heisman projections.

http://stiffarmtrophy.com

I don't have a problem with that. If they win a national championship, he'll come out and be selected #2 or #3 overall by the Browns.

revefsreleets
12-12-2009, 03:50 PM
Changing my vote....I'm pulling for Suh. A Defensive Tackle should win the Heisman this year!

Go Ndamukong Suh!

He won't win, but the more I check out his stats, and the more clips I watch, the more convinced I am that HE is the best college football player in 2009.

Check this out...
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/ncaa/12/09/heisman/index.html

Nadroj 20
12-12-2009, 11:04 PM
Well congrats to Mark Ingram, im definitley ok with him getting the Heisman even though i would have loved to see Gerhart win it.

43Hitman
12-13-2009, 09:45 AM
I don't have a problem with that. If they win a national championship, he'll come out and be selected #2 or #3 overall by the Browns.

Isn't he only a sophomore? I don't think he has been there 3 years yet.

Nadroj 20
12-13-2009, 11:19 AM
Isn't he only a sophomore? I don't think he has been there 3 years yet.

Your correct Ingram must remain in school at least 1 more year.

revefsreleets
12-14-2009, 01:51 PM
Lucky for him! Yeah, mah bad...not sure why i thought he was a Jr.

kittenfantastico76
12-16-2009, 09:50 AM
I'm so disappointed it's taken me until NOW to find the NCAA section on this forum. (I've always been too into reading Steelers stuff). I'm over the moon that Ingram won!!! Moving to Alabama 5 years ago I had to choose a side... Alabama or Auburn... I chose Alabama and it's been a great ride these past two years!!!

xfl2001fan
12-16-2009, 10:16 AM
Was hoping for Suh to win it...I believe he was the best this season...but as TMQ so eloquently put it, the award should be called the Most Popular QB, WR or HB in college football.