PDA

View Full Version : Petition the NFL.....

CASTEEL
01-26-2006, 04:32 PM
Please forgive if this is already posted.... I searched and found nothing, but I may not have searched with the correct criteria....

Anyways,

There are many people on the official BB who brought up how much they would love to watch the Super Bowl at Heinz. After finding out that there were no plans to show the game at Heiz, several of us contacted a list of people we thought might be able to make that happen. The response recieved was that it is against NFL policy to show the SB in the stadium....

This being very lame, a list of contacts to the NFL was posted along with a letter for copying and pasting.....

Join us in petitioning the NFL to allow the Steelers Nation to gather together in our home for the Super Bowl!!!

Here's the list of contacts, copy and paste in in the Bcc area of your email client...

Brownej@nfl.com, aiellog@nfl.com, abitantep@nfl.com, colletonb@nfl.com, hammondl@nfl.com, McCarthyb@nfl.com, CaseyV@nfl.com, AlicS@nf.com, EllisA@nfl.com, KrichavskyD@nfl.com, MasonsonD@nfl.com, PlanskyS@nfl.com (Brownej@nfl.com,%20aiellog@nfl.com,%20abitantep@n fl.com,%20colletonb@nfl.com,%20hammondl@nfl.com,%2 0McCarthyb@nfl.com,%20CaseyV@nfl.com,%20AlicS@nf.c om,%20EllisA@nfl.com,%20KrichavskyD@nfl.com,%20Mas onsonD@nfl.com,%20PlanskyS@nfl.com)

And here is a letter if anyone wants to use it!

Greetings,

I was just informed by representatives of the Pittsburgh Steelers that it is against NFL policy to allow them to open up Heinz Field in order to allow a large number of fans to watch the Super Bowl together. I understand this policy and feel that, while it is perfectly reasonable during the regular season or even the playoffs, it is not a fair rule to impose where the Super Bowl is concerned. First of all, Tickets to the Super Bowl are nearly impossible to get. Because of the allotment that the NFL provides to the whole league, only a small portion of season ticket holders are even given the potential to purchase tickets at face value. Secondly, many tickets are scalped, either legally by brokers, or illegally by others. The price of these tickets is prohibitive to the average fan. The Super Bowl itself becomes a game that is only accessible in person by the rich. The average fan just wants to sit in the stands, buy a hot dog and a beverage and cheer for his team. The average fan follows his team through a whole season. Yet, the average fan cannot afford, or cannot obtain a ticket to the championship game that he has watched his team work hard to reach. It would seem only logical that for the Super Bowl, the teams would be permitted to open their stadiums, sell tickets and provide a game atmosphere for the faithful fans.

I hope that the explanation above will allow you to rethink the policy of the league and allow the Cities of Pittsburgh and Seattle to open their stadiums and allow the average fan to experience the Super Bowl.

Thank you for your consideration.

Here we Steelers!!!

:tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt:

drizze99
01-26-2006, 04:36 PM
even though I don't live there anymore, I'll send one out for the Steeler Nation!

EDIT: DONE!

CASTEEL
01-26-2006, 04:41 PM
even though I don't live there anymore, I'll send one out for the Steeler Nation!

I don't live there either.... :grin:, but I would seriously look into going to Pittsburgh if they did decide to show the game at Heinz!!!

That would be the best... .gathered with thousands of our brothers and sisters at Heinze for the Super Bowl!!!

Anyways, not likely to happen, but I can dream!

:tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt:

Steel - X
01-26-2006, 04:49 PM
Not to go to much off topic but when the Indians make it to the playoffs scene pavilion formerly nautica used to show the games on a giant screen. It was a great time. Wonder if something of this nature could take place. Just an idea. I would be down traveling the 2hrs to the Burgh to be there for that.

drizze99
01-26-2006, 04:49 PM
Auto-responses I got:

I will be out of the office traveling for Super Bowl and Pro Bowl 1/26-2/21. In my absence please contact:

Maria Choi: 212-450-2659 (maria.choi@nfl.com)

I will have access to email but will be extremely busy and out of the office frequently. Please be patient as I may not be able to respond to your messages right away.

eth Colleton

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will be in Detroit for Super Bowl XL until Tuesday February 7th.

I will have limited access to my email while in Detroit. If you need immediate assistance, please contact Maria Choi (Maria.Choi@NFL.com) or Karen Bell (BellK@NFL.com).

CASTEEL
01-26-2006, 04:53 PM
OK.....guess we'll just have to write to the secondary contacts!!! :busted:

drizze99
01-26-2006, 05:10 PM
OK.....guess we'll just have to write to the secondary contacts!!! :busted:

And I did!

CASTEEL
01-26-2006, 05:55 PM
And I did!

:cheers:

Nice!

... and here's a BS response I got from Brian McCarthy at the NFL:

We appreciate your excitement about the Super Bowl, but we have to
continue to support our network partners and limit mass out of home
viewing in order to keep all of our games, including the Super Bowl, on
free broadcast television.

Whatever!

ZornToLargent
01-26-2006, 06:00 PM
We have the same wish in Seattle: http://www.seahawkshuddle.com/v1/viewtopic.php?t=4506

plark
01-26-2006, 06:10 PM
They don't want an outside stadium though, reason being people wanna see a good game, no wind taking factor or rain or snow. Pittsburgh wouldn't be a very good place anyways, if they were going to do anywhere outside it would be in seattle because the capacity is outstanding..

clevestinks
01-26-2006, 06:25 PM
I`ve been checking Steelers.com daily, hoping that they were opening it up!

Stlrs4Life
01-26-2006, 10:52 PM
They don't want an outside stadium though, reason being people wanna see a good game, no wind taking factor or rain or snow. Pittsburgh wouldn't be a very good place anyways, if they were going to do anywhere outside it would be in seattle because the capacity is outstanding..

they are not talking about playing a SB there in Heinz. Just to watch it on the jumbotron in the stadium.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-27-2006, 01:01 AM
I'll do it too !! What a crock..

They can show the AFCGG and NFCGG on the big screens at the stadium but not the SuperBowl ?? WTF !!!

CASTEEL
01-27-2006, 01:07 AM
I`ve been checking Steelers.com daily, hoping that they were opening it up!

It's not going to happen without some pushing by the Steelers Nation..... most likely not even then!

Get everyone you know to send emails to the addresses posted earlier in this thread! It can't hurt to keep sending them emails!

Here We Go!!!

:tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-27-2006, 01:09 AM
Hell the steeler nation here in my area has been pushing to show all Steeler games on regular network CBS around here and stop sharing w/ the ratbirds based on the previous years record.

The NFL never listens to the fans, but we can sure fill out the inbox and make thier lives alittle miserable if nothing else ! We will be heard :tt:

CASTEEL
01-27-2006, 01:16 AM
That's right... let 'em know what you think!!! :busted::busted::busted:

Also, if anyone on this site has descent writing skills and will create an actual petition, I'd be happy to do the rest of the work to get it hosted online for us all to sign and send to Paul Tagliabue and everyone else at the NFL office!!!

If it doesn't do anything for this season, maybe next year things will change???

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that the fan who listed all of those email addresses on the Steelers.com BB got banned from the BB. Apparantly those were not for public eyes...at least not for what were using them for!!!

From the shortness of the response I recieved, I bet they are gonna get more and more pissed as their in-boxes fill up!!! :point::mad: :nana: :yep: :nana:

drizze99
01-27-2006, 01:24 AM
If you f-k with the bull, you get the horn!

CASTEEL
01-27-2006, 01:30 AM
If you f-k with the bull, you get the horn!

??????

Is the NFL gonna come after us for writing them emails requesting to see our team play on the big screen in their own stadium???

I don't get your response.......

drizze99
01-27-2006, 01:39 AM
OK, The NFL is f-king us by not allowing it on the jumbotron, so we as the Steeler Nation are retaliating! (sp?)

CASTEEL
01-27-2006, 01:54 AM
OK, The NFL is f-king us by not allowing it on the jumbotron, so we as the Steeler Nation are retaliating! (sp?)

LOL.... OK... thanks for taking time to explain. I totally mis-interpreted what you were saying.....:dang:

It's late, and I need to go to bed... hehe

BlitzburghRockCity
01-27-2006, 02:28 AM
That's right... let 'em know what you think!!! :busted::busted::busted:

Also, if anyone on this site has descent writing skills and will create an actual petition, I'd be happy to do the rest of the work to get it hosted online for us all to sign and send to Paul Tagliabue and everyone else at the NFL office!!!

If it doesn't do anything for this season, maybe next year things will change???

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that the fan who listed all of those email addresses on the Steelers.com BB got banned from the BB. Apparantly those were not for public eyes...at least not for what were using them for!!!

From the shortness of the response I recieved, I bet they are gonna get more and more pissed as their in-boxes fill up!!! :point::mad: :nana: :yep: :nana:

Hey if they wanna be tards and not let us show it on the jumbo tron when its already on national free TV anyways, and all you have to do is pipe it right onto the big screen at Heinz... then they deserve all the mail we can send to them.

seahawksfan
01-27-2006, 11:17 AM
Hey if they wanna be tards and not let us show it on the jumbo tron when its already on national free TV anyways, and all you have to do is pipe it right onto the big screen at Heinz... then they deserve all the mail we can send to them.

The Seahawks thought about showing the game on the jumbotron but they decided not too thinking that it would take business from all the neighboring bars, etc..

CASTEEL
01-28-2006, 01:50 AM
I'm gonna bump this so it's not lost and forgotten......

come on guys.... READ PAST THE FISRT PAGE............ :bouncy: