PDA

View Full Version : This just in....the Steelers suck

Terrapin
12-06-2009, 02:34 PM
Losses to the Bears, Chiefs, Bungles (twice), and now losing to the pitiful Raiders? Every player on that roster should be absolutely ashamed, and William Gay should jump off the Fort Pitt bridge after the game. Unreal. Just unreal.

steelbad@50
12-06-2009, 02:38 PM
Losses to the Bears, Chiefs, Bungles (twice), and now losing to the pitiful Raiders? Every player on that roster should be absolutely ashamed, and William Gay should jump off the Fort Pitt bridge after the game. Unreal. Just unreal.And this was supposed to be one of the easier schedules in the NFL.

frankvctr
12-06-2009, 02:41 PM
Steelers is overrated. They are in the same group as the Chiefs, Raiders, Redskins, Rams. Gays must be benched, Logan can keep his job for next year.

Terrapin
12-06-2009, 02:44 PM
Nice coverage Ike. Way to get burned by 10 yards by a f'n rookie and scrub QB.

steelbad@50
12-06-2009, 02:49 PM
A team that has nothing to lose is a very dangerous team, apparently the Steelers didnt get the memo.

onefortheotherhand
12-06-2009, 02:54 PM
hey why don't all of you go find a different team to root for, because I dont think you deserve to root for the steelers.

solardave
12-06-2009, 03:05 PM
Steelers is overrated. They are in the same group as the Chiefs, Raiders, Redskins, Rams. Gays must be benched, Logan can keep his job for next year.

YOU ARE AN IDIOT IF YOU BELEIVE THAT!!!!! They are playing bad but that is the dumbest comment I've heard in a long time. jerkit:

California-Steel
12-06-2009, 03:06 PM
:banging:

verks36
12-06-2009, 03:06 PM
WHATTT THE ****KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Terrapin
12-06-2009, 03:07 PM
Personally I'm happy. The Steelers are nowhere near a playoff calibar team, and now nobody in this town has to debate this topic again till next year. Go F yourself defense. Go Pens

California-Steel
12-06-2009, 03:08 PM
What happened to unleashing hell?

Terrapin
hey why don't all of you go find a different team to root for, because I dont think you deserve to root for the steelers.

Can't handle the truth man? I love the Steelers, but they suck balls this year.

SoCalFan
Rebuild,im gonna have a $hitty week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BlastFurnace
12-06-2009, 03:09 PM
It's time folks.

I am not going to name names, but it's time. Half of the starters on defense need to go though.

This team fell completely flat on it's face this season and is facing a complete collapse the rest of the season.

California-Steel
12-06-2009, 03:09 PM
I say lose em all now. Get a better drat position. We need it. Pick up a corner or two.

tmacsteelerfan
12-06-2009, 03:10 PM
It's Pathetic thats the only word I can think of

Sharkissle29
12-06-2009, 03:10 PM
way to unleash hell

CaseyHamburglar
12-06-2009, 03:11 PM
The Steelers have an amazingly ability to stoop to their opponents level. Joe Burnett, I couldve caught that pick with one hand. You should be ashamed of yourself

SteelerEmpire
12-06-2009, 03:12 PM
ITS OFFICIAL....PITTSBURGH AIN'T NOTHIN THIS YEAR !!!!!

SteelersinCA
12-06-2009, 03:13 PM
If that's unleashing Hell come December I don't want it.

Hotrodder07
way to unleash hell

I feel like I'm in hell. Is that not what Tomlin meant?

This loss just sickens me. 4 in a row. Basically the end of the season. ughhh..

Dodt
we really need troy back dang it . this was shameful game there should have been a sack at during that final raiders drive . what happened to that fire from last year.

Rush58
12-06-2009, 03:14 PM
no doubt about it. that's the only way anyone can explain these losses.

BradfordTheGreat
bottom line:

with number 43, we're pretty darn good

without number 43, we... aren't

frankvctr
YOU ARE AN IDIOT IF YOU BELEIVE THAT!!!!! They are playing bad but that is the dumbest comment I've heard in a long time. jerkit:

The truth hurts? Defense gave up 3 touchdowns in 5 minutes. The Rams D can do better job. I guess Cable can come back next year as RAIDERS head coach.

TheWarDen86
12-06-2009, 03:15 PM
Wake up folks; the sky IS EFFING FALLING!

:banging:

NO DEFENSE, INABILITY TO DRIVE (BIG PLAYS ONLY).

It is all aspects: Coaching, Playcalling, execution, shitty players.

How many teams have as much talent as this team? Few.

Yet, we're 6-6 with virtually the easiest schedule in the NFL.

I WANT DRASTIC EFFING CHANGE!!!

Bus36RollsUrlacher
How many bullets are left in the gun that we keep shooting ourselves in the butt with?

OneForTheToe
See ya next year - unless you find another team you like better.:wave:

Dodt
12-06-2009, 03:16 PM
can't win them all .

NastySteelers
12-06-2009, 03:16 PM
i dont even know what to say about this loss. I am stunned that we lost to the Raiders..i mean cmon man..That miss for the interception was the worst thing i have seen this year...Unbelievable..

Rush58
12-06-2009, 03:17 PM
See ya next year - unless you find another team you like better.:wave:

u mean see us next season, go steelers :tt02:

Fire Haley
The defense sucks.

Fire LeBeau.

CaseyHamburglar
I dont know about clean house, but we gotta make some changes. The special teams coach and Jeff Reed have got to go. Whenever stefan doesnt get the kick, whoever does just flops down or takes a knee. Amazing. Gary Russell, yes that gary Russell, busted a 34 yarder

Steelboy84
Losses to the Bears, Chiefs, Bungles (twice), and now losing to the pitiful Raiders? Every player on that roster should be absolutely ashamed, and William Gay should jump off the Fort Pitt bridge after the game. Unreal. Just unreal.

So he should kill himself........................................... ..... over a football game?

steelpride12
We win the Super Bowl with the toughest schedule in over 20 years and won't even make the playoffs with one of the easier, No heart or will they just don't care. Game checks are good enough.

plenewken
12-06-2009, 03:18 PM
What did Tomlin say earlier this week? What a <sad> joke. The loss in Kansas City was not an accident.
See you next year, Steelers, and please, get a secondary defense. Without Polamalu, anybody can beat us.

Vincent
Said this a few times already. I see 1998 happening again. Coach-speak ain't making it.

Absolutely pathetic, uninspired performance. Piss poor coaching.

GodofGridiron
How did Fitzgerald avoid the curse ? I cant wrap my mind around how Troy gets hit with it but not Larry. Unbelievable.

BlockMonsta
trash. simple as that.

steelerjim58
I don't usually analyze things, I just care about the results of the play. But I have got to say that I blame Lebeau. How often does he send more than 5 on a pass rush?
I realize that when everything is working it's all good, and I know that the Steelers have a decent amount of sacks. But I can't understand any defensive alignment that ever has both Woodley and Harrison dropping into coverage. Also if I am in a position where the other team is likely to paass every down then I want Woodley, Harrison, and Timmons comming everytime.

Bluedust
12-06-2009, 03:20 PM
Roll a joint and calm down, the world isn't ending.

Anyway back to reality, does anyone have a link to the top CB prospects in the draft for next year? We'll have a pretty nice pick and I want to see what's around the mid range area.

plenewken
What did Tomlin say earlier this week? What a <sad> joke! The loss in Kansas City was not an accident.
See you next year, Steelers, and please, get a secondary. Without Polamalu, anybody can beat us.

solardave
at this point just let troy sit out the rest of the season. it's not worh bringing him back. this year is already a wash

Put him on IR so we're tempted to get him hurt any worse. The season is over anyway. Even if it wasn't we've proven beyond a doubt that we can't cover and after we give up the catch we can't tackle either!!!!!:banging:

steelbad@50
I say lose em all now. Get a better drat position. We need it. Pick up a corner or two.Also keep Troy out the rest of the season, or he could screw up our draft position.

Vincent
I'm sensing anger in the nation.

Merchant
I want that ENTIRE secondary replaced aside from Troy Polamalu. I have NEVER seen a Steeler team with such a PATHETIC pass defense. Ike Taylor is more horrendous than i thought. Carter is a washed up veteran. How many times did Gay slip today? And Clark, who I had faith in, has let me down again.

Fire Haley
12-06-2009, 03:22 PM
Timmons sucks too.

Mordax
good thread

Edman
The curtain has finally fallen on the 2009 season.

What is our current draft position right now? I say we get after some defensive backs and Linebackers. Someone who can cover. I think it's time for Lebeau to ride off in the sunset. His D can't cut it anymore. The fact that we have to rely on ONE player tell you how downtrodden the D has become.

This Super Bowl Defense and season is now officially a bust. So much for the talk of avoiding 2006 all over again. This is a reverse 2006. At least in 2006 we had a banged up QB hampered by a car accident. This is no excuse though. 6-2 to start the season. 0-4 in the second half.

Can't score in the red zone. No focus. A clueless Offensive Coordinator. A Defense that can't stop anyone. Just can't cut the mustard. We're not going anywhere this year.

Heads are going to roll after this season. And it's not going to be Tomlin's. In all the years of watching Steeler Football, this has to be the most embarrassing team I've ever seen. I've witnessed the Kordell Era, and those were simply teams devoid of talent. This team just lets anyone walk all over them.

California-Steel
Rebuild,im gonna have a $hitty week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!You week won't be nothing compared to mine. I live up here in Raider land and won't hear the end of this until never.

Burghfan58
12-06-2009, 03:23 PM
This team has underperformed pretty much the whole season. They played a few good quarters here and there. Am I allowed to be negative now? This team is done for this season. If you can't beat the Raiders at home you don't deserve to be in the playoffs. I will still watch every week but I will criticize when it's warranted.:banging:

AllD
Keep LeBeau and fire the secondary coach. We need CBs and safeties in the draft.

43SteelCurtainRevolution
Mike Tomlin said the Steelers were going to unleash hell in the month of December. I took that to mean that the Steelers would today unleash hell on the Raiders. But there was no fuk1ng hell released.

I gained a whole lot of respect for the Raiders. Maybe if I followed them I would be happily surprised at incredible upsets of superbowl champions rather than depressingly let down by my high expectations for my team.

There, I'm done ranting. I'm going to watch the Steelers Packers game as my first game in Pittsburgh, so hopefully Tomlin will unleash "hell times 2" for what the team lacked today.

Fire Haley
Limp dicks every one of them.

Where's the pass rush?

pghfrank1948
12-06-2009, 03:24 PM
Its hard to believe this team won anything last year. the defense cant stop anything when it counts. I am so disgusted this has been going on for a monthj. Playoffs, they will lose at Cleveland and get there asses kick by Green Bay Ratbirds and at Miami. I cant believe this f----ing shit.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Merchant
Eric Berry - Tennessee

Kyle Wilson - Boise State

Dude from Florida, forget his name

PLEASE. WE NEED YOU.

polamalu82
I'm absolutely disgusted........:mad:

RunWillieRun
12-06-2009, 03:25 PM
Does losing like this suck...yeah.

We steeler fans are spoiled and should realize that we cannot make the playoffs ever year.

They'll regroup this offseason and I'm confident they'll be back in the mix next year.

Just not our year.

dcsteel5804
ok ok, lets calm down for a minute an analyze what really happened. Pretty much the same things that been happening the whole year. We have a 4th quarter lead and we blow it. Nothing new, and we shouldn't be surprised. Basically, Troy is the only real talent we have in the Secondary, as far as having the ability to MAKE a play. Ike Taylor, he's ok, but doesn't make plays. Ryan Clark, knocks guys out, but doesn't make plays. Willie Gay...... No comments needed. Carter, If he were more athletic would probably be a decent play maker, but he is what he is so.... We cant say anything negative about the offense. Every time the D let us down, the offense came back in a hurry. Its pretty much our defense that plays for 3 quarters and then takes an early shower in the 4th. I had the feeling on that drive that that was gonna happen, so I'm not too upset. It is what it is. We lost to a bad team, because we're a bad team.

Nighthawk
Wow, so our linebackers and Dick LeBeau now suck... :toofunny::rofl::toofunny::blah::blah:

Jaquila
12-06-2009, 03:26 PM

and guess what.... IM STILL HERE ROOTING FOR THEM EVERY WEEK

HERE WE GO 10-6!!

seriously go away and find another team dumb bandwagoner

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO:tt03:

tony hipchest
12-06-2009, 03:27 PM
logan 80+ yd return to the redzone= fail
mendenhall 60+ yd run to the redzone= fail
4th and inches in the redzone= fail

another 3 point loss = typical = par for the course = 6-6.

DAH RAIDUZ!

pitfan31
Everyone is crying about coaching but noone is talking about Lebeau. On the last TD by Oakland Harrison was dropped into coverage while Ike blitzed. The defensive scheme was putting backup safeties on receivers without any help over the top. The defense let us down again and I point the finger at the Defensive Cordinator. Seriously, Ike blitzing and Harrison dropping into coverage in that situation???? Nuff said right there

MattsMe
Where's the pass rush?

The one that's 2nd in the league in sacks? They're being held up. They'll show up sooner or later.

HAWK
12-06-2009, 03:28 PM
Fire Lebeau? Wow. It's our secondary that needs replaced.

That was the big difference last year. Our secondary covered extremely well. Why not now? Gay should go for starters.

solardave
12-06-2009, 03:29 PM
It's time folks.

I am not going to name names, but it's time. Half of the starters on defense need to go though.

This team fell completely flat on it's face this season and is facing a complete collapse the rest of the season.

Hell,i'll name names

Deshea (thanks for your great play,we really appreciate what you've meant to this team,but it's time to go)
Ike (the knock on you is you can't catch,but now you've proven that you can't cover) you are on notice.
Gay (sorry it didn't work out for you) Hey, it didn't work out for us either.
I don't blame Lamar because with Troy out he's been dropping into coverage more,thus less pressure and sacks.
As much as I like Farrior we need to find his replacement. It's really hard watching such a great player start to lose it with age.
Our best pass rusher gets held on every damn play and it gets called maybe 1 out of 10.
Harrison shoud have 30 sacks this year!!!

OneForTheToe
12-06-2009, 03:31 PM
The curtain has finally fallen on the 2009 season.

What is our current draft position right now? I say we get after some defensive backs and Linebackers. Someone who can cover. I think it's time for Lebeau to ride off in the sunset. His D can't cut it anymore. The fact that we have to rely on ONE player tell you how downtrodden the D has become.

This Super Bowl Defense and season is now officially a bust. So much for the talk of avoiding 2006 all over again. This is a reverse 2006. At least in 2006 we had a banged up QB hampered by a car accident. This is no excuse though. 6-2 to start the season. 0-4 in the second half.

Can't score in the red zone. No focus. A clueless Offensive Coordinator. A Defense that can't stop anyone. Just can't cut the mustard. We're not going anywhere this year.

Heads are going to roll after this season. And it's not going to be Tomlin's. In all the years of watching Steeler Football, this has to be the most embarrassing team I've ever seen. I've witnessed the Kordell Era, and those were simply teams devoid of talent. This team just lets anyone walk all over them.

No doubt we have had a number of embarrassing losses this season. Still, there were some years in the 80's and 90's that were worse than this. I remember in the 80's once losing our first two games by a combined score of something like 80 to nothing. I think one of those losses was to the Browns We did turn it around a bit, but I'd say that was more embarrassing.

MACH1
12-06-2009, 03:31 PM
http://www.ksu.edu/thetaxi/pictures/brothers/jumping_bridge.jpg

solardave
12-06-2009, 03:32 PM
Personally I'm happy. The Steelers are nowhere near a playoff calibar team, and now nobody in this town has to debate this topic again till next year. Go F yourself defense. Go Pens

Why don't you crawl back up you own ass where you came from.
What are you even doing on this board, you pathetic POS?

Steel_12
12-06-2009, 03:33 PM
i WONDER WHAT BS THE PLAYERS AND COACHES WILL SAY AFTER THIS DEBACLE!!!

Glace
12-06-2009, 03:35 PM
i WONDER WHAT BS THE PLAYERS AND COACHES WILL SAY AFTER THIS DEBACLE!!!

Well...Santonio will keep asking people to vote for him to go to the pro-bowl on his facebook page

GridironWarrior
12-06-2009, 03:35 PM
I wouldn't say they suck but the Cbs do need some help. It also hurts that Harrison never has holding called against him.

HometownGal
12-06-2009, 03:36 PM
:applaudit: :applaudit: :thumbsup:

THANK GOD!!! All of the FWF's and bandwagon hoppers are outing themselves and I couldn't be happier! :banana:

I wouldn't close this thread for all the tea in China! Keep it up folks! :banana:

SteelersHoss
12-06-2009, 03:37 PM
Everyone is crying about coaching but noone is talking about Lebeau. On the last TD by Oakland Harrison was dropped into coverage while Ike blitzed. The defensive scheme was putting backup safeties on receivers without any help over the top. The defense let us down again and I point the finger at the Defensive Cordinator. Seriously, Ike blitzing and Harrison dropping into coverage in that situation???? Nuff said right there

Totally agree. Dick and his defence has missed something this year. I am quite sure that Mike T will look at all of his coaches in the off season

T.Richardson
12-06-2009, 03:38 PM

THANK GOD!!! All of the FWF's and bandwagon hoppers are outing themselves and I couldn't be happier! :banana:

I wouldn't close this thread for all the tea in China! Keep it up folks! :banana:

yay!

WH
Someone call Burt Reynolds because this team has a Loooong way to go and short time to get there.

Glace

Yep...people are fwf's and bandwagoners because they're upset about the state of the team....while you seem to care more about putting people down than you do the Steelers.

AllD
12-06-2009, 03:40 PM
At least we blew the season out instead of losing a heart breaker. We were never in it. Good chance to see what everybody has left. Many will be playing for jobs in the final few games.

HometownGal
12-06-2009, 03:41 PM
Yep...people are fwf's and bandwagoners because they're upset about the state of the team....while you seem to care more about putting people down than you do the Steelers.

Call it whatever you want Glace. Watch that step while you're climbing down off that bandwagon, ya hear?

I put NO ONE down. I called them out for what they are showing THEMSELVES to be.

SteelerFanInCA
Still in shock. That was a pretty bad performance.

WH

This is the internet.....what else are people suppose to do?

Glace
12-06-2009, 03:42 PM
Call it whatever you want Glace. Watch that step while you're climbing down off that bandwagon, ya hear?

I put NO ONE down. I called them out for what they are showing THEMSELVES to be.

Wow...you're pathetic. Maybe even worse than Rev.

JHSilverback
12-06-2009, 03:42 PM
well hopefully we get our composure back next year and make a strong run for the superbowl

Gnutella
12-06-2009, 03:45 PM
can't win them all .

Well can we at least win more of them than we lose? Is that too goddamn much to ask?

HometownGal
12-06-2009, 03:45 PM

Whatever. I don't give a rat's ass what you think of me. I stand behind my team win or lose and am smart enough to know that the Steelers losing 4 straight and most likely not making the playoffs this season isn't the end of the world and won't be the end of the Steelers winning Super Bowls down the road.

CaseyHamburglar
12-06-2009, 03:46 PM
How much more motivation did we need to win this game? Three game losing streak, troubled locker room, fight for playoffs, home game, and "easy" opponent. Maybe they should threaten to take back last year's rings, cause they seem to be quite content.

Mags87
12-06-2009, 03:46 PM
we're not entirely out of it. we just no longer control our own fate with den and jax winning today. Jax has a really tough schedule coming up and could prolly lose out there spot. we're tied with a few other teams now as well. if GB can knock of Bal tomorrow we're still in good shape.
all that said, i dont think we deserve the playoffs with how poorly the the secondary has performed when it has counted. but all that could change with Troy back (only cause i really really hope that it does). our problem is we're letting other teams close games with high risk/high reward, go for it on 4th down mentality. our secondary is nothing short of weak right now. at least its a short week until cleveland. the offense has been productive this year, but so has our opposition.
just remember, if its easy, it isnt worth it. and lets roll off 4 in a row...!

OneForTheToe
12-06-2009, 03:47 PM

:wave:

MillerMania83
12-06-2009, 03:49 PM
Been saying it for awhile, our secondary is just plain BAD, and they prove it every week....Can't believe we are that bad in the secondary without #43, but we are, that one man makes so much difference it's hard to comprehend, and really, it shouldn't be that way....I'm so disappointed right now, it's just unimaginable how bad we play with the game on the line, time and time again, the guys just don't make the plays....The coaching is to balme, and so are the players, it's a true team effort for where our beloved balck and gold are right now....I'll be at the GB, and I can't believe I'm coming out there for a game thats gonna mean absolutely nothin'....We the rookie dropped that INT, I said to the wife, GUARANTEE WE LOSE THIS GAME, just like all of the other losses, guys just don't make the plays ya need to make to win the close games, and ggod teams do that, and honestly, and this is hard to say, WE ARE NOT A GOOD TEAM right now, NOT EVEN CLOSE....First priority in the off season, OVERHAUL the entire secondary except #43 (that's a given).

Glace
12-06-2009, 03:49 PM
Whatever. I don't give a rat's ass what you think of me. I stand behind my team win or lose and am smart enough to know that the Steelers losing 4 straight and most likely not making the playoffs this season isn't the end of the world and won't be the end of the Steelers winning Super Bowls down the road.

Nobody is saying it's the "end of the world"....

I stand by my Steelers no matter what...just the same as you. But, as I've said before, people are PASSIONATE about their team...win or lose.

What do you have to say to everybody IN THE STADIUM that was BOO'ing as the team walked off the field. Are they just bandwagoners?

MasterOfPuppets
12-06-2009, 03:52 PM
logan 80+ yd return to the redzone= fail
mendenhall 60+ yd run to the redzone= fail
4th and inches in the redzone= fail

another 3 point loss = typical = par for the course = 6-6.

DAH RAIDUZ!
you forgot, should be interception delivered on a silver platter missed by a cb = fail

MillerMania83
we're not entirely out of it. we just no longer control our own fate with den and jax winning today. Jax has a really tough schedule coming up and could prolly lose out there spot. we're tied with a few other teams now as well. if GB can knock of Bal tomorrow we're still in good shape.
all that said, i dont think we deserve the playoffs with how poorly the the secondary has performed when it has counted. but all that could change with Troy back (only cause i really really hope that it does). our problem is we're letting other teams close games with high risk/high reward, go for it on 4th down mentality. our secondary is nothing short of weak right now. at least its a short week until cleveland. the offense has been productive this year, but so has our opposition.
just remember, if its easy, it isnt worth it. and lets roll off 4 in a row...!

Dude, seriously, THIS TEAM IS DONE, get the fork out man, cuz the reality of it is, WE ARE NOT A GOOD football team right now, and I don't see that changing anytime soon, I really don't....Lucky if we win one more before it's all said and done.

HometownGal

I stand by my Steelers no matter what...just the same as you. But, as I've said before, people are PASSIONATE about their team...win or lose.

What do you have to say to everybody IN THE STADIUM that was BOO'ing as the team walked off the field. Are they just bandwagoners?

Could have fooled me by some of the posts in this thread and others that have been posted since the game ended.

It's OK to be passionate - hell I'm a passionate person myself - but you'll NEVER - EVER - hear "The Steelers suck" out of me (i.e. the title of this very thread). I'd rather bite my own tongue off than ever say it much less think it.

What do I have to say to those in the stadium who booed the team? The same thing I said in this thread and I stand by it. FWF's and bandwagoners. Sorry, but it's just the way I see it. No one said you have to agree with me.

fansince'76
12-06-2009, 03:54 PM

Oh, please - all you've EVER done is show up here to bitch after losses, and then shut the hell up and disappear when they win. YOU are the one who's pathetic.

X-Terminator
12-06-2009, 03:56 PM

I call them pathetic, not to mention FWF boo-birds, spoiled brats and everything else you can call them.

I don't give a damn how the team is playing. You DO NOT boo your own team, PERIOD.

Just give it up. If you or anyone else here being their typical FWF selves want to quit watching the team, go right ahead. But when they win again - even if they beat the Browns on Thursday or run the table - I don't want to hear a peep out of any of you. Because I will constantly remind you all of how you've been acting the past 4 weeks. And I don't give a tinker's damn who doesn't like it. You people are so damn spoiled that you can't understand or accept that sometimes, the Steelers have a sub-par season, and that they cannot win the Super Bowl - the Super Bowl that you all think you are OWED - every damn year.

Glace
12-06-2009, 03:57 PM
Could have fooled me by some of the posts in this thread and others that have been posted since the game ended.

It's OK to be passionate - hell I'm a passionate person myself - but you'll NEVER - EVER - hear "The Steelers suck" out of me (i.e. the title of this very thread). I'd rather bite my own tongue off than ever say it much less think it.

What do I have to say to those in the stadium who booed the team? The same thing I said in this thread and I stand by it. FWF's and bandwagoners. Sorry, but it's just the way I see it. No one said you have to agree with me.

Hmm...let me be as politically correct about this as possible without sounding sexist...lol

Pretty much what I'd expect from a female fan....level-headed and don't really care either way, as long as you get to see your boys play.

Guys, on the other hand...we're all head-coaches on gameday. Good or bad, we all have input on how the game goes. We analyze.....then, on games like the last 4 weeks....we vent.

PalmerSteel
12-06-2009, 03:59 PM
as pathetic and embarrassing they have turned out this year, i will still watch them as always. but my expectations are way down after today though so that should help me from wanting to physically destroy someone or something after every game so much.

Dodt
12-06-2009, 04:00 PM
i'm still wearing my hat and jersey with pride .

X-Terminator
12-06-2009, 04:00 PM
Hmm...let me be as politically correct about this as possible without sounding sexist...lol

Pretty much what I'd expect from a female fan....level-headed and don't really care either way, as long as you get to see your boys play.

Guys, on the other hand...we're all head-coaches on gameday. Good or bad, we all have input on how the game goes. We analyze.....then, on games like the last 4 weeks....we vent.

Are you really claiming that she has no knowledge of the game because she's a woman? REALLY? Have you ever talked to her about football in real life? Have you ever watched a game with her in real life? If you did, you'd realize that that comment is not only sexist, but complete and total bullshit.

I'd suggest you quit while you're ahead, because you're really making yourself look foolish.

fansince'76
12-06-2009, 04:01 PM

Have a nice vacation. :wave:

Bluedust
12-06-2009, 04:02 PM
and guess what.... IM STILL HERE ROOTING FOR THEM EVERY WEEK

HERE WE GO 10-6!!

seriously go away and find another team dumb bandwagoner

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO:tt03:

This is irrational behavior, I'm sorry but I refuse to lie to myself so I can sleep easier at night.

There's no reason to cry over losing, but no reason to delude yourself either.

Texasteel
12-06-2009, 04:03 PM

That not only sound sexist, that is sexist. A fan is a fan, male or female. Just because your a GUY doesn't mean you know any more about football that any of the ladies.

Don't try to pull that shit just because you don't agree with someone.

Mags87
I call them pathetic, not to mention FWF boo-birds, spoiled brats and everything else you can call them.

I don't give a damn how the team is playing. You DO NOT boo your own team, PERIOD

i believe that the secondary deserved boos. not the whole team, but the secondary most definately. there is no excuse for that 4th quarter.

HometownGal

WHHHHAAAAATTTTTT????? Are you nuts? I've been a diehard Steelers fan and have had a deep love (and understanding) of the team and game for over 40 years. I am extremely active in the football forums both here and on another Steelers BB!! We have numerous female members here who, like me, are just as knowledgeable (if not more so) than some of the guys. We're not all boobs and butt!! :mad:

P.S. You came across sounding extremely sexist and I resent it very much.

Steel_12
12-06-2009, 04:06 PM

I don't give a damn how the team is playing. You DO NOT boo your own team, PERIOD.

Just give it up. If you or anyone else here being their typical FWF selves want to quit watching the team, go right ahead. But when they win again - even if they beat the Browns on Thursday or run the table - I don't want to hear a peep out of any of you. Because I will constantly remind you all of how you've been acting the past 4 weeks. And I don't give a tinker's damn who doesn't like it. You people are so damn spoiled that you can't understand or accept that sometimes, the Steelers have a sub-par season, and that they cannot win the Super Bowl - the Super Bowl that you all think you are OWED - every damn year.

I don't think it's about being spoiled X...it's just hard to accept until you calm down and realize that we aren't a good team. Injuries played a big part in this 6-6 team but we still have to beat the teams we are better than.

xbroughneck
12-06-2009, 04:07 PM
Totally agree. Dick and his defence has missed something this year. I am quite sure that Mike T will look at all of his coaches in the off season

+1

Lebeau can't cover, but he sure as all hell needs to call the right play situationally. You can't send a corner at the QB on that play. The Oakland QB was too elusive all game.

And even though the Steelers gave up the winning TD, I think Burnett and Mundy will (with playing time) be better than Gay and Carter. That coverage on the last Oakland TD was Lebeau.

Oh well, time to beat up on the Browns on thursday.

Here we go STEELERS!!!:tt04:

Texasteel
12-06-2009, 04:07 PM
Sorry, just can put the words Steelers and suck together in the same sentence.

X-Terminator
12-06-2009, 04:09 PM
I don't think it's about being spoiled X...it's just hard to accept until you calm down and realize that we aren't a good team. Injuries played a big part in this 6-6 team but we still have to beat the teams we are better than.

Hey, I will give you that. No question that injuries have played a role and yes, they have failed to beat teams they are better than. No argument here. But too many people are just too irrational and react too impulsively to sit down, calm down and think about the situation rather than fly off half-c0cked and look like a clown. Take the emotion out of it FIRST, and THEN comment, whether it's positive or negative. Still though, I will stand by my opinion that the majority of Steelers fans are spoiled. It's pretty obvious to me every time I read this board and listen to some people on the street.

Steel Warrior
12-06-2009, 04:09 PM
The problem with this team, especially the D, is that it is designed around Troy and Troy is so injury prone that that is a huge mistake. We need to draft bigtime in the secondary and kinda consider Troy a second stringer as we design the D and play him that way in camp.

HometownGal
12-06-2009, 04:10 PM

While I believe injuries do play a part in the downfall of the team this season, I don't believe they are solely to blame. Troy and Aaron are both extremely valuable to this D, but I'm a firm believer that 1 or 2 players does not a team make. The Steelers have always prided themselves with having reliable backups and up until the 4Q, which seems to be their achilles heel, the D played decently. Our D simply does NOT finish opponents off. No other way to put it.

Steel_12
12-06-2009, 04:14 PM
Hey, I will give you that. No question that injuries have played a role and yes, they have failed to beat teams they are better than. No argument here. But too many people are just too irrational and react too impulsively to sit down, calm down and think about the situation rather than fly off half-c0cked and look like a clown. Take the emotion out of it FIRST, and THEN comment, whether it's positive or negative. Still though, I will stand by my opinion that the majority of Steelers fans are spoiled. It's pretty obvious to me every time I read this board and listen to some people on the street.

Would it be any kind of entertainment if people took the emotion out of their post lol

Scott La Rock
Thats why Troy is always hurt. He has to cover for everyone. Thats a heavy load ! Our secondary has been week for a couople years now !

Texasteel

I know we all need to calm down, but there are few here that only show up at times like these. Some that will not post unless things are going bad. These are the ones that gnaw at people like myself.

X-Terminator
12-06-2009, 04:16 PM
Would it be any kind of entertainment if people took the emotion out of their post lol

Probably not, but it would certainly make this place more enjoyable to read.

Steel_12
12-06-2009, 04:17 PM
While I believe injuries do play a part in the downfall of the team this season, I don't believe they are solely to blame. Troy and Aaron are both extremely valuable to this D, but I'm a firm believer that 1 or 2 players does not a team make. The Steelers have always prided themselves with having reliable backups and up until the 4Q, which seems to be their achilles heel, the D played decently. Our D simply does NOT finish opponents off. No other way to put it.

I believe you're only as good as you're backups also. Injuries weren't the sole reason, no, but they were a good portion of it. We haven't had good DBs since, hell, I can't even remember. We get torched every game there is no pass rush. Oh well...no way we lose to the Browns!

Mags87
holy shit!

There is a whole lot of stupidity in this thread.

Get a grip folks. We can't be SB CHAMPIONS OF THE WORLD every single year. Most teams are lucky to play post season once and a while. I can't believe all the cry baby whiners around here when it gets tough.

I'm not excited either but I have bigger problems tomorrow at work. I'm not going to wig out over a loss.

the problem is that we have essentially the same team as last year with a better running game. this was the best defense in the league last year and now they are blowing games in the 4th. we should have 2 or three losses this year and thats it. but our D isnt clutch at all right now and that gets frustrating. we have all the talent to win but we arent.
and to your work comment, we come here to talk about football. so on this board, it is the biggest thing in the world. at your house (and mine as well) it isnt but we dont come on here to talk about our personal lives.

MACH1
Saints are still undefeated.
I'm sure they have plenty of room on their bandwagon.

Venom
12-06-2009, 04:20 PM
Just when I thought the worst loss of the season was against the Chiefs , my Steelers out did themselves. The beggining of the year , I saw many predictions say the Steelers would be 10-6 this year. I said " No Way " The way it looks now , we will be lucky to get to 10-6 . Great job guys !!! One of the biggest laughing stock on the NFL this year .

BozMan
Seems like too many players on this team are content with what they did last year. Missing the intensity and desire to make plays and play 60 minutes. They need to be put on notice that they are playing for their jobs the rest of the way

tnez
Hi all:
well here we go again, I think that the head coach needs to go.mike tomlin only came in to a strong team and now that we have lost some of the vets and have gotten new talent he cant deal with it. All he does is stand around the side lines,He does not make any adjustments on the side lines when he needs to. He also needs to get on the other coaches and his players to get things done. they all need a little motivation, look at Mendenhall after sitting out a game he's a very differnt payer. I think having someone like jon gruden would be great. all the players on defence need to step up and play, our defence cant only rely on troy, we wont have troy for ever what are we going to do then? Special teams needs a new coach too.

Big7BenHOF
12-06-2009, 04:22 PM
Listen...yes, it was a terrible loss, and everyone under-performed.

I love this team and am here for the long haul, but really...we need to realize something.

Who else can say that their team has six Super Bowls? Who else can say that their team is one of the most respected in the league? We have a great team here everyone (but they aren't playing like it), and we're extremely lucky to have such level-headed guys and management.

Hell...you could be a Rams fan...

Look at the bright side, Jacksonville has a fairly tough schedule ahead, and if we can win out, we still have a decent chance for the Wild Card.

Go Steelers!

stillers4me
12-06-2009, 04:23 PM
Hi all:
well here we go again, I think that the head coach needs to go.mike tomlin only came in to a strong team and now that we have lost some of the vets and have gotten new talent he cant deal with it. All he does is stand around the side lines,He does not make any adjustments on the side lines when he needs to. He also needs to get on the other coaches and his players to get things done. they all need a little motivation, look at Mendenhall after sitting out a game he's a very differnt payer. I think having someone like jon gruden would be great. all the players on defence need to step up and play, our defence cant only rely on troy, we wont have troy for ever what are we going to do then? Special teams needs a new coach too.

ummmmmm........great first post.

I'm nominating it for the stupidest post of the year.

steelerjim58
12-06-2009, 04:23 PM
"I don't give a damn how the team is playing. You DO NOT boo your own team, PERIOD."

Amen to that. The only way imo that booing your own team might be justified is if you knew that they simply were not trying. And how you could ever know this is beyond me. As irrational as it may be, this football means s great deal to me and I know a great many other people including probably most if not all who were booing today. I could never boo. For those who did that is certainly their right.

cakmakli
12-06-2009, 04:24 PM
They might be having a down year but they still have SIX Championships and they are still my team. I love Pittsburgh and all of our sports teams...yes even the Pirates. The Steelers are still the Shit. BLACK AND GOLD FOREVER.

smokin3000gt
Hi all:

Great first post! :doh:

One not so great season that isn't over yet and you're ready to fire Tomlin?

edit: lmao @ "coach just stands around on the sideline comment" This post is dumber then I thought.

X-Terminator

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the constant 4th quarter collapses by the defense. Is it personnel? Is it the scheme? Is it confusion? Is it luck by the other team? Or is it all of the above? I mean, I just don't understand it. Even some of the sub-par defenses we've had at times over the years would not have blown so many leads late in games, and often on long drives to boot.

You know I always debated you about the value of Troy and Aaron Smith, but I think I've seen the light. They simply don't have the depth to continue to be a solid unit when those guys are out. I'm not asking for them to be great every week, but they should be good enough to close out the likes of the Bears, Chiefs and Browns.

Shoes
Hi all:

I have to go get some air............:chuckle:

fansince'76

Nomination seconded.

Texasteel
12-06-2009, 04:25 PM
Hi all:

??????????????? What's the use. Can't wait for your second post.

MACH1
12-06-2009, 04:25 PM

I'd definitely put it in the top five.

X-Terminator
12-06-2009, 04:26 PM
Hi all:

Oh God, they're coming out like desert rats.

Next time someone here whines about this board being like Communist Russia, just read this post, and then get back to me. Too many abject morons come out of the woodwork after losses, and I for one am getting damn sick to death of it.

fansince'76
12-06-2009, 04:28 PM
I'd definitely put it in the top five.

C'mon, recommending replacing Tomlin because "he only came into a strong team" by recommending a guy who didn't do shit in TB after all of Dungy's players left is pure brilliance! :coffee:

stillers4me
12-06-2009, 04:32 PM
You know, I could never see myself booing my Steelers...ever.

But I do remember what happened the last the boo-birds showed their displeasure at an underachieving performance by this team. It cut straight to their hearts and they went on the win a Superbowl. Yes, it was just last year.

Maybe, the boo-birds will serve the same purpose this year, and at least we will end the season on a winning track.

SteelersinCA
12-06-2009, 04:33 PM
Nomination seconded.

All in favor?

HometownGal
12-06-2009, 04:33 PM
Nomination seconded.

While we're in the nominating kind of mood - this thread is right up there with that post.

Can you believe some total moron just called into Pompeani and said that Bruce Arians is totally to blame for this game? :toofunny: :rofl: Yeppers - Bruce gave up all of those scores in the 4Q and allowed Gradkowski to throw a duck ball for the Raiders final TD. Riiiiiiiighto.

Texasteel
12-06-2009, 04:35 PM
While we're in the nominating kind of mood - this thread is right up there with that post.

Can you believe some total moron just called into Pompeani and said that Bruce Arians is totally to blame for this game? :toofunny: :rofl: Yeppers - Bruce gave up all of those scores in the 4Q and allowed Gradkowski to throw a duck ball for the Raiders final TD. Riiiiiiiighto.

Sounds like the same idiot that just left here.

MACH1
12-06-2009, 04:36 PM
C'mon, recommending replacing Tomlin because "he only came into a strong team" by recommending a guy who didn't do shit in TB after all of Dungy's players left is pure brilliance! :coffee:

Well, I was thinking about the "The kicker will hurt the D" thread.

Texasteel
12-06-2009, 04:37 PM
Well, I was thinking about the "The kicker will hurt the D" thread.

Oh, that was one of my favorites.

MasterOfPuppets
12-06-2009, 04:38 PM
WHY ??? ....WHY do you let these people register on game day ??? you guys know the only reason there here is to say retarded stupid shit.....:banging:

fansince'76
12-06-2009, 04:40 PM
WHY ??? ....WHY do you let these people register on game day ??? you guys know the only reason there here is to say retarded stupid shit.....:banging:

Not my call, but I would block registrations the day before, during and the day after gamedays if it was my call.

X-Terminator
12-06-2009, 04:40 PM

Can't say I'm shocked. Too many "fans" in The Nation have the football IQ of a wet dishrag.

The offense scored 24 points and twice gave the team the lead in the 4th quarter. That should be enough to win...except with this defense. Anyone blaming this loss on anyone but the 11 guys on the defensive side of the ball needs to have a lobotomy, and stat.

caseydog
12-06-2009, 04:41 PM
I'm not one to boo the Steelers, but these forth quarter losses are really frustrating. The Steelers have owned the forth quarter in years past. What's happening. It just seems like in most of the Steelers' losses we are too easy to pick apart at the end of a game.

It's just so out of character for the Steelers.

SteelCityMom
12-06-2009, 04:44 PM
Can't say I'm shocked. Too many "fans" in The Nation have the football IQ of a wet dishrag.

The offense scored 24 points and twice gave the team the lead in the 4th quarter. That should be enough to win...except with this defense. Anyone blaming this loss on anyone but the 11 guys on the defensive side of the ball needs to have a lobotomy, and stat.

While I do put part of the blame (ok...most of the blame) on 4th quarter defense, I can't overlook the 18 (fairly easy) points the O left on the field in the first half. It was a good solid team loss today...everybody STILL needs some new mirrors to look into before the Browns next week IMO.

stb_steeler
12-06-2009, 04:44 PM
Does losing like this suck...yeah.

We steeler fans are spoiled and should realize that we cannot make the playoffs ever year.

They'll regroup this offseason and I'm confident they'll be back in the mix next year.

Just not our year.

Well said.....We gotten used to the wining ways, but i gotta say this tho. How many weeks is Gay gonna get beat and Taylor looks like he's been losing a step here and there. This defense looked tired all season.

caseydog
12-06-2009, 05:06 PM
Well said.....We gotten used to the wining ways, but i gotta say this tho. How many weeks is Gay gonna get beat and Taylor looks like he's been losing a step here and there. This defense looked tired all season.

The Steelers are 4 and 1 with Troy, and 2 and 5 without him. The defense plays better with him in the game. He makes things happen. Those ducks today would have probably been interceptions with Troy in the game.

The defense has got to learn to dominate and make things happen for four whole quarters -- with or without Troy. Steelers defenses MAKE things happen.

CD

psusteelers4life
12-06-2009, 05:23 PM
I think this year there is no defensive killer instinct like there was last year. I know we all hate to see our Steelers get a whoopin, but maybe thats what we need this year to get that blood thirst back. I think its hard for us fans to put blame on the D because they are what we pride ourselves on in the league and have been so good for us. Today the D got hit in the mouth again and didn't get back up. The O did leave points on the field but scoring 100 points doesnt mean anything if your D isnt holding their end of the deal.

GridironWarrior
12-06-2009, 05:28 PM
I've been wonderng why with the exception of the SD game Mendenhall has had 22 carries or less. Maybe they should run him more to eat clock? The kid is having a good season.

plenewken
12-06-2009, 05:30 PM
I think this year there is no defensive killer instinct like there was last year. I know we all hate to see our Steelers get a whoopin, but maybe thats what we need this year to get that blood thirst back. I think its hard for us fans to put blame on the D because they are what we pride ourselves on in the league and have been so good for us. Today the D got hit in the mouth again and didn't get back up. The O did leave points on the field but scoring 100 points doesnt mean anything if your D isnt holding their end of the deal.

21-6 instead of 10-6 at half-time and you have a completely different game. I put the blame almost equally on the offense and the defense. I'd say 40-60

plenewken

Fire Haley
You know I always debated you about the value of Troy and Aaron Smith, but I think I've seen the light. They simply don't have the depth to continue to be a solid unit when those guys are out. .

Yep - that was the end of the year. We just didn't know it yet.

SH-Rock
12-06-2009, 05:52 PM
The steelers need to get their D together. I think the offense was fine, but the defense let to many big plays and come backs to easily

Christian Snyder
12-06-2009, 05:55 PM
Hey all you whiny crybabies.... I hear the Saints and Colts are undefeated.

WH
12-06-2009, 06:07 PM
Hey all you whiny crybabies.... I hear the Saints and Colts are undefeated.

Yeah, must be nice to have players and coaching staff's that actually perform to their potential.....

silver & black
12-06-2009, 06:14 PM
Yeah, must be nice to have players and coaching staff's that actually perform to their potential.....

Yep, I agree... Can the Raiders have your's?

SteelCityMom
12-06-2009, 06:34 PM

Hey, you let me know how well the Colts coaching staff performs for the most part in the post season (when it matters). Sure, it's great that they make there every year and all...but they almost always have nothing but a handful of crap to show for it.

The Saints...there's no measuring stick for them, but I do hope they do well. We shall see.

HometownGal
12-06-2009, 06:57 PM

As sad as it is to say, MOP, there are just as many fruit loops around here after a loss who have been around here a while than dopey noobs.

Christian Snyder
12-06-2009, 07:06 PM
Hey, you let me know how well the Colts coaching staff performs for the most part in the post season (when it matters). Sure, it's great that they make there every year and all...but they almost always have nothing but a handful of crap to show for it.

The Saints...there's no measuring stick for them, but I do hope they do well. We shall see. Except for 2006... don't forget about '06.

SteelCityMom
12-06-2009, 07:11 PM
Except for 2006... don't forget about '06.

That's why I said almost always lol.

GridironWarrior
12-06-2009, 07:13 PM
I think maybe I need a break from this board, too many people are acting like it's the end of the world. The Steelers lost, so what? Life goes on. Go enjoy time with your spouse and children, I know I am. Especially with Christmas around the corner.

steel-tex
12-06-2009, 07:14 PM
OK NOW I UNDERSTAND WHAT UNLEASHING ALL HELL MEANT !!!--- COACH WAS UNLEASHING ALL HELL ON US FANS --- U KNOW PLAY THE SAME RIDUCLOUS GAME WE PLAYED FOR THE LAST 4 ?? NO SHAKE UP ??? SPEAK SOME WORDS ??? SOME OF US CALL OUT THE PLAYERS WHO ARE PLAYIN LIKE SHIT - IT IS OUR RIGHT - I SPEND TIME AND MONEY - MY WHOLE LIFE SINCE I WAS BORN ROOTIN FOR THE STEELERS AND WHEN THEY SUCK I WILL SAY THEY SUCK - I WILL CALL EM LIKE I C EM - THEY PLAY FOR ME - THEY PLAY FOR U - WHEN THEY PLAY LIKE SHIT WE CAN CALL IT - I AM EMBARRESSED OF THERE PLAY - ALL THESE YEARS I SAID THE STEELERS WERE THE WAY THEY WERE BECAUSE OF OWNERSHIP - IT ALL STARTS THERE RUNS INTO THE COACHES AND THEN THE PLAYERS --- OUR COACHES ARE WHERE IT STOPPED THIS YEAR ---- AND ABOUT THE D - THEY GAVE UP SOME TDS - THE O SHOULD HAVE SCORED MORE. WHEN YOU BLEED IT---- IT AIN'T OK TO LOSE !!!!!!!!!!!

Steeler
12-06-2009, 07:15 PM
I think maybe I need a break from this board, too many people are acting like it's the end of the world. The Steelers lost, so what? Life goes on. Go enjoy time with your spouse and children, I know I am. Especially with Christmas around the corner.

That's sweet.

fansince'76
12-06-2009, 07:18 PM
OK NOW I UNDERSTAND WHAT UNLEASHING ALL HELL MEANT !!!--- COACH WAS UNLEASHING ALL HELL ON US FANS --- U KNOW PLAY THE SAME RIDUCLOUS GAME WE PLAYED FOR THE LAST 4 ?? NO SHAKE UP ??? SPEAK SOME WORDS ??? SOME OF US CALL OUT THE PLAYERS WHO ARE PLAYIN LIKE SHIT - IT IS OUR RIGHT - I SPEND TIME AND MONEY - MY WHOLE LIFE SINCE I WAS BORN ROOTIN FOR THE STEELERS AND WHEN THEY SUCK I WILL SAY THEY SUCK - I WILL CALL EM LIKE I C EM - THEY PLAY FOR ME - THEY PLAY FOR U - WHEN THEY PLAY LIKE SHIT WE CAN CALL IT - I AM EMBARRESSED OF THERE PLAY - ALL THESE YEARS I SAID THE STEELERS WERE THE WAY THEY WERE BECAUSE OF OWNERSHIP - IT ALL STARTS THERE RUNS INTO THE COACHES AND THEN THE PLAYERS --- OUR COACHES ARE WHERE IT STOPPED THIS YEAR ---- AND ABOUT THE D - THEY GAVE UP SOME TDS - THE O SHOULD HAVE SCORED MORE. WHEN YOU BLEED IT---- IT AIN'T OK TO LOSE !!!!!!!!!!!

:chillpill

Steeler
12-06-2009, 07:19 PM

You are correct sir!!

BlastFurnace
12-06-2009, 07:20 PM

TURN OFF YOUR CAPS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

X-Terminator
12-06-2009, 07:22 PM

First of all, stop yelling.

Second of all, if your entire life revolves around a football game, then I think it's time for you to re-think your priorities.

Third, you may buy merchandise and tickets, but they don't owe you a damn thing. It's about time people realized that.

LVSteelersfan
12-06-2009, 07:24 PM
What a bunch of whiners. It aint over until it's completely over. We are still in the playoff hunt. We have lost six games, most of which we lost either in OT or on the last play of the game. You all go jump off that bridge someone was talking about. I, for one, never give up until we are mathematically eliminated. NEVER. I will root for them even if we do get mathematically eliminated before the last week. The team is what it is and those of you who don't like it go root for the darn Colts or something.

Texasteel
12-06-2009, 07:25 PM
That's sweet.

Don't know how sweet it is, but its true.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
12-06-2009, 07:26 PM
haha. My two least favorite types of fans after a loss.

Extremist Type A
THE STEELERS SUCK!!! ARIANS SHOULD BE FIRED!!! THEY ARE AN EMBARASSMENT!!!!

Extremist Type B
I HATE MY LIFE BECAUSE THEY LOST!!! MY YEAR IS RUINED!!! I'M SO DEPRESSED!!!

Texasteel
12-06-2009, 07:28 PM

Don't us caps. please, it make it hard to read.

If you can say the steelers suck because you love them so much, do get bent out of shape because someone that loves them just as much says, no they don't.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
12-06-2009, 07:31 PM
What a bunch of whiners. It aint over until it's completely over. We are still in the playoff hunt. We have lost six games, most of which we lost either in OT or on the last play of the game. You all go jump off that bridge someone was talking about. I, for one, never give up until we are mathematically eliminated. NEVER. I will root for them even if we do get mathematically eliminated before the last week. The team is what it is and those of you who don't like it go root for the darn Colts or something.

For real. I wait for the season to start so I can root for them until they are officially eliminated from contention. I don't give up when they're 1-2. Or when they're 6-6. I give up when there is absolutely 0% chance of them making the playoffs. Only then will I give up. I just hate to hear (or read) people saying "This just in....The Steelers suck" like everybody doesn't already know they've hit a rough patch. It's our team. We're supposed to ALWAYS support them. Some choose not to. I choose to stay true.

Pdiddy
12-06-2009, 07:32 PM
I don't usually analyze things, I just care about the results of the play. But I have got to say that I blame Lebeau. How often does he send more than 5 on a pass rush?
I realize that when everything is working it's all good, and I know that the Steelers have a decent amount of sacks. But I can't understand any defensive alignment that ever has both Woodley and Harrison dropping into coverage. Also if I am in a position where the other team is likely to paass every down then I want Woodley, Harrison, and Timmons comming everytime.

Please.... I am a Bengals fan so I do not see every Steelers game, but I can just about guarantee you that Lebeau is not responsible for the way his secondary is playing. His zone blitz scheme is definitely not to blame for the 4th quarter melt downs.

The Bengals spent two first round picks on our corners, and now they are one of the top duos in the league. The Steelers really need to concentrate on the secondary in next years draft.

Good luck with the rest of the year. I would love for the Bengals to get a chance to beat the Steelers for the third time this year in a playoff game.

SteelCityMom
12-06-2009, 07:32 PM

http://www.jiggyboo.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/brick-loud-noises-b.jpg

steel-tex
12-06-2009, 07:53 PM
How is this ??????

HometownGal
12-06-2009, 08:10 PM

Can you please NOT post in all caps? Thanks.

steelerjim58
12-06-2009, 08:11 PM
Please.... I am a Bengals fan so I do not see every Steelers game, but I can just about guarantee you that Lebeau is not responsible for the way his secondary is playing. His zone blitz scheme is definitely not to blame for the 4th quarter melt downs.

The Bengals spent two first round picks on our corners, and now they are one of the top duos in the league. The Steelers really need to concentrate on the secondary in next years draft.

Good luck with the rest of the year. I would love for the Bengals to get a chance to beat the Steelers for the third time this year in a playoff game.

As is always said any qb in the nfl can look good if given the time. Continually only rushing 4-5 and often times not including Woodley and Harrison doesn't make sense. And I'm guessing you know what you can do with your advice!!!!!!!!!!!

HometownGal
12-06-2009, 08:17 PM
Second of all, if your entire life revolves around a football game, then I think it's time for you to re-think your priorities.

Third, you may buy merchandise and tickets, but they don't owe you a damn thing. It's about time people realized that.

B-I-N-G-O and bingo was his name-o. :thumbsup::applaudit:

If the Steelers can get it together and make the playoffs somehow, fine. If they don't, they don't and life goes on. Teams have highs and lows and we may well be into a low - it happens to EVERY franchise. We are so fortunate and blessed as Steelers fans that our lows never last long and we're right back on top.

Sit back, chill out and instead of condemning this team, get behind them. They need our support now more than ever.

I believe. Do you?

P.S. A small consolation - the Cheats* lost today too. :applaudit: :chuckle:

HometownGal
12-06-2009, 08:19 PM
And I'm guessing you know what you can do with your advice!!!!!!!!!!!

And I'm guessing you owe this man an apology - there was nothing at all wrong with his post and since I'm not sitting in front of him to "read" him, I'm taking his post as trying to be genuine and cordial.

LukesDad88
12-06-2009, 08:20 PM
Geez, you guys would think we were the Browns or something. Ok, so the season hasn't gone the way we hoped. So what?

#1) Season isn't over, we were in worse shape a few years ago, and played our way to a SB with perhaps a less talented team.

#2) We've got an incredible nucleus to work with for the future. We're not the Redskins, looking at a roster with no talent, no coaching staff, and the worst front office in the league. We improve at corner and O-Line, add some more talented youth on D-Line, and we're great for next year.

#3) We've won two freakin SB's in the past four years, six over all. We're still the cream of the crop by NFL standards. Hell we've played in one of every six SB's. How many Teams have never even been to the SB, let alone won any?

Some of you guys would never have lasted as a Browns, Lion, Cardinal, or Bengal fan with their decades of misery.

RAYLEWIS52
12-06-2009, 08:33 PM
hahahahaha stealers got worked y'all suck we beat ya, the chiefs beat ya, now the raiders beat ya!

Neil-Still-Rules-14
12-06-2009, 08:38 PM
hahahahaha stealers got worked y'all suck we beat ya, the chiefs beat ya, now the raiders beat ya!

I'm glad you took the time out of your schedule to register so that you could make that post. Do you feel better now?

steel9guy
12-06-2009, 08:42 PM
Can someone wake me up when this bad dreams over?????????? I think it's still Feb. 2nd.

UltimateBengal
12-06-2009, 08:45 PM

And we beat YOU twice CHUMP!!! Chew on that for awhile dirty bird!!!:popcorn:

SteelersMongol
12-06-2009, 09:18 PM

WTH? Gays? :toofunny:

stillers4me
12-06-2009, 09:19 PM
WTH? Gays? :toofunny:

Bench them all! :sofunny:

steelerjim58
12-06-2009, 09:24 PM
And I'm guessing you owe this man an apology - there was nothing at all wrong with his post and since I'm not sitting in front of him to "read" him, I'm taking his post as trying to be genuine and cordial.

first of all, I wrote nothing that even remotely deserves an apology. Second, it's kind of sad to me that you are defending an opposing teams fan.

Texasteel
12-06-2009, 09:41 PM
first of all, I wrote nothing that even remotely deserves an apology. Second, it's kind of sad to me that you are defending an opposing teams fan.

I think it's kind of sad that a Bengals fan has to defend Labeau with a steeler fan.

Pdiddy
12-06-2009, 10:57 PM
I think it's kind of sad that a Bengals fan has to defend Labeau with a steeler fan.

I could not agree more. It is really sad that Steeler fans are ripping Lebeau. The man is a genius whose system is a proven winner. Is it his fault that he does not have the Horses right now in the secondary.

Please SteelerJim58 - Buy a clue. And you call yourself a fan.... please.

Lord of Lombardi
12-06-2009, 11:03 PM
All that needs to be said is that we gave up 21 points to the Raiders in the 4th quarter and not one of our DB's can defend or catch. How we won #6 last year is now a miracle to me.

See you all next year.....

tony hipchest
12-06-2009, 11:03 PM
Originally Posted by Texasteel
I think it's kind of sad that a Bengals fan has to defend Labeau with a steeler fan.I could not agree more. It is really sad that Steeler fans are ripping Lebeau. The man is a genius whose system is a proven winner. Is it his fault that he does not have the Horses right now in the secondary.

so what you guys are telling me is that this thread isnt worth reading at all?

i will take your word for it.

:coffee: (thanks for the heads up)

X-Terminator
12-06-2009, 11:17 PM

I don't know how many times it needs to be said that so long as the opposing team's fan makes an honest attempt at discussion and isn't being a trolling douche, that they are as welcome as Steelers fans are. We DO NOT discriminate based on the team you support. We never have, and we never will. And yes, we WILL defend them when it is warranted. Don't like it? Find another board.

WarBus
12-07-2009, 12:04 AM
UNREAL......honestly i have never been more ashamed o to be a Pittsburgh Steelers fan. I can not believe all the crying I am hearing from the best fan base in professional sports. We are struggling right now.....that is a given but mh GOD you all are calling for Dick Lebau"s head like he doesnt know what he is doing. The man invented the 3-4 zone blitz and has created the top defense over the past 5 years combined yards. He is a hall of Famer and Legend and has won countless games for us with his ability to scheme against any team. You want to throw him under the bus and just get rid of him you all make me sick he deserves more than that from the fans especially right now when the steelers are struggling.

Everyone on here has blamed our lack of defense on troy being out and yes he really does kill us when he is not in the lineup, but you know who else hs been out since week 3.....the most underrated player on our team that even the fans dont give him credit AARON SMITH. Check out the thread when he got hurt and I said it then.....WE WILL NOT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS because of SMITH'a injury. you dont think Lamar W has missed him this year and you dont think Smith is a reason the corners and safeties have to cover longer, or we have to send some on blitzes to get more pressure. Aaron smith means as much to our defense as troy does but none of you even mention him, just like the rest of the nfl watching audience and media dont give Aaron smith credit his own fans dont, he is the best 3-4 d end in the game and this is just another way it proves it. I am sick of tired of everyone blaming our defensive short coming on troy polamalu when even him YOUR GOLDEN BOY said "Aaron smith is irreplaceable" Troy knew what we lost when Aaron went down, but for some reason this die hard and intelligent fan base forgets what we lost this year. Troy and Aaron have been doen pretty much the ENTIRE year. Those two are Hall of Fame players at their positions and are both playing at Pro-bowl levels.....what did you expect to happen? You can not replace those players you have to hope someone can step up.

Instead of standing behind your team when the team would need the fans the most you all are bashing them...giving up on the season, and calling for steeler's heads that have given us TWO SUPER BOWLS. you all are an absolute joke and are not steeler fans that is not what we are about. Furthermore, for all of you who say we need to do some firesell and get rid of half our defense including our entire secondary are so naive it is comical. You forget that our defensive line is ridiculously old and we are going to lose casey hampton another player steeler nation tends to forget about and act like we can do without whihc is such a joke. Do you all have any idea how often a pure nose tackle for a 3-4 defense comes along in drafts....RARELY a casey hampton comes long once every 5 to 6 years and lets just hope we know what we are doing when he does walk and our defensive line are all over 32 years old except ziggy hood.....who is still LIGHT YEARS away from starting and will never NEVER do what Aaron Smith has done. Our secondary is not so terrible it is our only priority and you all even say it when Troy is in we p[lay better......NOT ANYTHING NEW GUYS the great players play great legends make their entire team great and yes that is exactly what Troy and AARON SMITH our. They do hurt us and we havent had them all year. dont go calling for DL's head you might get what you wish for and then you will see where we will be.

The offensive play calling is a much much bigger issue than our D coordinator ever will be. Tomlin needs to establish himself as the HEAD COACH and explain to ben and bruse that there will be no more of this air it out BS. Ben wants to throw the ball 30 times a game but guess what thats not what produces wins and he is more concerned with getitng that monkey off his back then doing whats best for the team. Ben continues to vouche for Bruce Airens becasue he knows Bruce will let him air it out. Well enough is enough. Look at our Off line they are not these smaller athletic types who excel at pass protection they ar elarge maulers who need to run the ball early and often to develop a rythym and wear down the defense. The offensive playcalling has been TERRIBLE all year and it needs to end soon.

I am done with my rant, but honeslty to those of you who are completely selling your alleged team down the river and calling for players and coaches to be fired bring that noise somewhere else becasue personally this is a steelers thread for what i thought to be rEAL STEELER fans but apparantly I was wrong. Frankly I am a fan when the rings are coming in or when the chips are down becasue that is what fans do. yes we are struggling but it would help if steeler nation was backing our team that has given us such joy in the past years instead of giving up and saying see you next year. We have four games left and hopefully we are going to win them all and with a little luck some teams lose and we sneak in....its happened before remember 2005 or judging by 90 percent of the posts in hear you fans pry just joined steeler nation after last years super bowl and frankly We were just fine without you.
HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!! :helmet:

steelerjim58
12-07-2009, 12:11 AM
I could not agree more. It is really sad that Steeler fans are ripping Lebeau. The man is a genius whose system is a proven winner. Is it his fault that he does not have the Horses right now in the secondary.

So by your definition I can't make any critical remarks concerning how the Steelers are playing or how the coaches are coaching and still be a fan. Is that right? I have been a fan of this team for over 40 years and trust me there isn't anyone out there who cares more than I do.

WH
12-07-2009, 01:42 AM
So by your definition I can't make any critical remarks concerning how the Steelers are playing or how the coaches are coaching and still be a fan. Is that right? I have been a fan of this team for over 40 years and trust me there isn't anyone out there who cares more than I do.

Objectivity and being a fan is like oil and water my friend.

Preacher
12-07-2009, 02:07 AM
Great. Here we go again. Everyone taking an extreme position and then yelling that the other guy has no clue.

Look. Dick LeBeau's defense failed today. Was that LeBeau's fault? If you blame the failure of the offense consistently on Arians regardless of execution, then yes, it is LeBeau's fault, as he is the D Coord.

IMO, the defense failed today in the crucial point. They have been doing that most of the year this year, and in the playoffs last year they did it as well 2 out of 3 games, which is why I don't think Troy being out is the problem. There is a deeper problem that Troy helps cover up.

Is it player personnel? coaching decisions? Offensive issues? Head coaching?

We have lost 4 in a row. So the answer is yes. The ship WILL right itself, but probably not in time to save this year.

I will root and hope and cheer my team on for the rest of this year anyway.

Does that make me a homer? a bandwagon fan? I don't care. after all THIS IS JUST A GAME WHICH I DON'T EVEN PLAY IN.

I just get enjoyment a few hours a Sunday watching it and then used to get enjoyment coming here and talking about it.

solardave
12-07-2009, 03:08 AM
The problem with this team, especially the D, is that it is designed around Troy and Troy is so injury prone that that is a huge mistake. We need to draft bigtime in the secondary and kinda consider Troy a second stringer as we design the D and play him that way in camp.

Where do you guys come from? How much crack do you smoke in a day? You actually think that Troy is only backup material? While I agree we need to upgrade our secondary,
demoting Troy is a senseless idea!!!:banging:

WH
12-07-2009, 03:50 AM
Where do you guys come from? How much crack do you smoke in a day? You actually think that Troy is only backup material? While I agree we need to upgrade our secondary,
demoting Troy is a senseless idea!!!:banging:

He was saying that Troy is out so much this season that having a defense that revolves around him isn't working. They should build a defense that pretends Troy is going to see as much field time as a second stringer usually would. Reading comprehension is an important life skill.

Galax Steeler
12-07-2009, 04:00 AM
It is just not a good year but I am going to stand behind the Steelers win are loose. You are going to see the bandwagon fans coming out now. They know who they are so go and jump on another team.

Steel_12
12-07-2009, 02:23 PM
He was saying that Troy is out so much this season that having a defense that revolves around him isn't working. They should build a defense that pretends Troy is going to see as much field time as a second stringer usually would. Reading comprehension is an important life skill.

lol

HometownGal
12-07-2009, 05:38 PM
Look. Dick LeBeau's defense failed today. Was that LeBeau's fault? If you blame the failure of the offense consistently on Arians regardless of execution, then yes, it is LeBeau's fault, as he is the D Coord.

IMO, the defense failed today in the crucial point. They have been doing that most of the year this year, and in the playoffs last year they did it as well 2 out of 3 games, which is why I don't think Troy being out is the problem. There is a deeper problem that Troy helps cover up.

Cut it out Father - you're making way too much sense. :willy:

I just posted yesterday that if the Steelers D has to rely upon one or two players to have a shot at winning a football game, there are some much deeper problems that need to be addressed.

I absolutely adore Dick Lebeau - he is the greatest DC in the history of the game - a living legend, but you are spot on here (imho).

pepsyman1
12-07-2009, 05:59 PM
HTG I agree with you 100%...I love Dick LeBeau and everything he's brought to this franchise, but I think certain adjustments need to be made to our cover schemes and personnel. We frequently play with very soft corner coverage to protect against a big play when we blitz...but IF we had a couple of strong "shut down" cornerbacks we could mix that up more. Sometimes let them play soft, sometimes actually play some bump and run (which would give our blitzers that extra split second to get to the QB) Back when LeBeau had his first stint here in Pittsburgh we had Rod Woodson on the corner and you felt confident that if he needed to shut someone down he was gonna be all over him. Teams would mentally start giving up on that side of the field (then Lebeau would rock their world and blitz Woodson off the corner when no one expected it) We NEED better cornerbacks to make this scheme really work. We just don't seem to have the talent in the secondary without Troy to cover anyone really tight when the need is there.

HAWK
12-07-2009, 06:08 PM
So you're saying we need upgrades at corner? Shocking.

I assumed Taylor was having a bad stretch as he has played extremely well over the years. But I do think that the FO needs to look at replacements. Or at least give the backups on this team a chance to prove themselves.

stillers4me
12-07-2009, 06:08 PM

Preacher
12-07-2009, 06:57 PM
I think what has happened, in all honesty, is that LeBeau threw in some new wrinkles last year in the defense.

This year, tape was watched and the new wrinkles were figured out, on top of breaking in William Gay and dealing with Troy being out.

I fully expect that next year, our defense will be better as LeBeau will make some new changes.

SteelC7
12-07-2009, 08:28 PM
hey onefortheotherhand...this just in: u dont have the authority to tell anybody on this forum that they dont deserve to root for the steelers, obviously alot of us are pissed and fed up with the constant stream of crap and mediocrity the steelers are bringing to the field on sundays. o and guess what? if u think ur the ultimate great steeler fan and u love ur team so much, why did u click on a post that said "steelers suck?" maybe its cuz u wanted to bitch at someone, well have fun with that one

stillers4me
12-07-2009, 08:31 PM
I think what has happened, in all honesty, is that LeBeau threw in some new wrinkles last year in the defense.

This year, tape was watched and the new wrinkles were figured out, on top of breaking in William Gay and dealing with Troy being out.

I fully expect that next year, our defense will be better as LeBeau will make some new changes.

I thought they said at training camp that LeBeau thought up a bunch of new stuff for this year? Maybe they only apply when Troy is on the field. :hunch:

Steeldude
12-08-2009, 01:01 AM

he is not an idiot for saying the steelers are overrated. they most certainly are overrated. actually i should say they WERE overrated. this is a team that lost to the raiders and chiefs. they struggled against the lions. they have been playing poorly for most of the year.

that being said, they still have a shot at the playoffs. IMO, it looks like some players have the attitude that they deserve to win rather than going out and earning the win.

Steeldude
12-08-2009, 01:02 AM
I thought they said at training camp that LeBeau thought up a bunch of new stuff for this year?

they say that crap every year. they will say it again next season too.