PDA

View Full Version : Wildcard still within reach...

UltimateBengal
12-06-2009, 03:41 PM
I know today has SteelerNation pissed off and asking a lot of questions. My brothers, all diehard Steeler fans, are ready to jump off the nearest bridge right now, but your schedule the rest of the way has 4 very winnable games. So, if Tomlin gets your team focused on earning a wildcard, theres no reason you can;t go 10-6. Believe me, I know how frustrating it is to lose to the Raiders, as do the Eagles!!!

SteelerFanInCA
12-06-2009, 03:43 PM
This was supposed to be a winnable game.

Edman
12-06-2009, 03:45 PM
Thanks Ultimate, but it's just not there this year. We're going to be playing the spoiler now.

I'm sure the Steelers will reach for it, but they'll trip over their own shoelaces and blow it anyway.

T.Richardson
12-06-2009, 03:46 PM
I know today has SteelerNation pissed off and asking a lot of questions. My brothers, all diehard Steeler fans, are ready to jump off the nearest bridge right now, but your schedule the rest of the way has 4 very winnable games. So, if Tomlin gets your team focused on earning a wildcard, theres no reason you can;t go 10-6. Believe me, I know how frustrating it is to lose to the Raiders, as do the Eagles!!!

Bengals, Steelers, and Eagles lost to the Raiders..why does that make me laugh?

Carolina Steelers
10-6 is not with in reach we could lose to the Browns this thursdsay with the way well playing. I thought we would maybe lose to the Packers but not the Raiders.

SteelCityMom

Thanks for the encouraging post, and I've tried to stay positive after all our losses this year, but this one hurts more than others. I'll get over it in a couple hours (and a few shots later) and look forward to the game Thursday, but I just don't think this is our year.

And for that I will swallow my pride and say best of luck to the Bengals the rest of the season and into the playoffs. I hate 'em and they're rivals, but I'd rather see someone from our division that beat us twice do well in the playoffs than anyone else in the AFC.

stillers4me

Thanks for the optimism, UB. I wish the rest of the Bengals fans I have to be around were like you. Basically, the entire city turns into one big lump of turds when the Bengals win.

Merchant
12-06-2009, 03:47 PM
Season's done. Guess they didn't learn from '06

AllD
12-06-2009, 03:47 PM
Dude is smoking some Cincy Seedless Gold if you think the Steelers are going to defend their championship with pride.

Tomlin was right, this is a different year and a different team. Maybe he should have at least tried to capitalize on last season's momentum. They were flat from the start. He is only 37 years old and may lack some wisdom. What he lacks he tried to make up for with effort.

However you look at it, the season is over, but thanks for the props bro.

BlastFurnace
12-06-2009, 03:48 PM

UB...I like you. You seem like a great guy.

But from my perspective...the season is over.

We are just playing out the string now. This is a 7-9 or 8-8 team.

GodofGridiron
12-06-2009, 03:49 PM
Were are done..we arent making the playoffs this year...........10-6 is not gettin it done this season. And we're not running any table so forget that talk.

Shut Troy down for the year and look forward to April's draft. Get some young legs on the D-Line and find college footballs finest shutdown corner.

UltimateBengal
12-06-2009, 03:49 PM
Bengals, Steelers, and Eagles lost to the Raiders..why does that make me laugh?

When we lost to them, i didn't laugh, but I was in shock for about a week!

SteelerEmpire
12-06-2009, 03:53 PM
Even if we did make the playoffs... I really don't think this team has what it takes to even win the first game.
But after today's performance, I don't even see us making the playoffs.
If Troy comes back next week and our defense begins to make plays, that's our ONLY hope... and that's in addition to the teams were competing with in the playoff hunt loses critical games.
The short of it.... just too many variables to put confidence in these guys for the rest of this season. Its like hoping for a miracle...
... and I don't think that's gonna happen with this team's luck....

UltimateBengal
12-06-2009, 03:54 PM
Thanks for the optimism, UB. I wish the rest of the Bengals fans I have to be around were like you. Basically, the entire city turns into one big lump of turds when the Bengals win.

We still haven't learned how to handle winning. We still have trouble selling out, and today fans were booing because we were pounding the ball and controlling the clock, unbelievable!:noidea:

PalmerSteel
12-06-2009, 03:56 PM
PLAYOFFS?! YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT PLAYOFFS?! PLAYOFFS?!

Steel_Bus_24
12-06-2009, 04:00 PM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:gB1ayjT1z98g_M:http://currypoptart.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/madden2010.jpg

the source of all or problems....lol

UltimateBengal
12-06-2009, 04:00 PM
PLAYOFFS?! YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT PLAYOFFS?! PLAYOFFS?!

I didn't see the whole game, was switching between the Cincy game, but it seemed they were still playing with passion. It seems to be more execution at crucial times, that part can be fixed! Right?:noidea:

Bluedust
12-06-2009, 04:05 PM

Both Denver and Jacksonville won. I'm not sure you fully understand what needs to happen now for us to even sniff the playoffs crotch.

UltimateBengal
12-06-2009, 04:10 PM
Both Denver and Jacksonville won. I'm not sure you fully understand what needs to happen now for us to even sniff the playoffs crotch.

I didn't say it would be easy for you guys, and I do think Denver will take spot. But, the Jags are very jeckyl and hyde, and if the Pack beats the Ravens, then it's anyones game for that last spot! Keep on believin brother, you never know!:thumbsup:

solardave
12-06-2009, 04:13 PM

I never thought I see the day when a Bengals fan was offering us encouragement. Thanks. personally I won't get my hopes up. IMHO playing the way we're playing we don't need to go to the playoffs and make bigger fools of ourselves. This is just really embarrassing. But I am a fan through thick and thin and I'll watch the Thursday night game and any others I can see and look for the upside.:tt:
I was watching the live feed on my computer and realized that I've been watching the Steelers since before cable TV. That's right, using Rabbit Ears to pick up the station.
If you think streaming video is bad you should have seen "SNOW" as we called it back then. we thought cable was the BOMB!!!

Bluedust
12-06-2009, 04:13 PM
I didn't say it would be easy for you guys, and I do think Denver will take spot. But, the Jags are very jeckyl and hyde, and if the Pack beats the Ravens, then it's anyones game for that last spot! Keep on believin brother, you never know!:thumbsup:

I think people blur the lines between rational human being and crazed raging fanboy all too often.

What am I to keep believing? That they could still make it? Of course they can, but it's not likely, at all. Not everyone lives their life through faith, some live it through logic and real world understanding.

UltimateBengal
12-06-2009, 04:17 PM
I never thought I see the day when a Bengals fan was offering us encouragement. Thanks. personally I won't get my hopes up. IMHO playing the way we're playing we don't need to go to the playoffs and make bigger fools of ourselves. This is just really embarrassing. But I am a fan through thick and thin and I'll watch the Thursday night game and any others I can see and look for the upside.:tt:
I was watching the live feed on my computer and realized that I've been watching the Steelers since before cable TV. That's right, using Rabbit Ears to pick up the station.
If you think streaming video is bad you should have seen "SNOW" as we called it back then. we thought cable was the BOMB!!!

:drink:I can clearly remember as a kid watching the Zenith floor model, making my little brother fool with the rabbit ears while i gave him direction, those were the days!!!:chuckle:

tony hipchest
12-06-2009, 04:36 PM
I know today has SteelerNation pissed off and asking a lot of questions. My brothers, all diehard Steeler fans, are ready to jump off the nearest bridge right now, but your schedule the rest of the way has 4 very winnable games. So, if Tomlin gets your team focused on earning a wildcard, theres no reason you can;t go 10-6. Believe me, I know how frustrating it is to lose to the Raiders, as do the Eagles!!!a thoughtful post, but if we cant stop cassell or gradkowski, it would seem that aaron rodgers and flacco will probably kill us.

im sure we will get troy back at some point, but i am not expecting much more than another injury.

i hope both afc east teams can kill themselves and the jags and ravens can completely flop, but at this point we no longer have things in our hands (and i almost hate to think what we would do with it if we did- 4 game losing streak and running).

MasterOfPuppets
12-06-2009, 05:02 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_Xm1XErUvXo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_Xm1XErUvXo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>