PDA

View Full Version : yet another game we woulda won with Troy Polamalu

tony hipchest
12-06-2009, 03:45 PM
you excuse makers and chronic blamers can deny it all you want, but....

troy matters.

facts are facts. we couldve easilly lost 8 games last season w/o troy and his impact.

we dont win sb XL or XLIII w/o troy.

it is what it is.

Carolina Steelers
12-06-2009, 03:50 PM

troy matters.

facts are facts. we couldve easilly lost 8 games last season w/o troy and his impact.

it is what it is.

I never wanted to admit that we were that awful without Troy but it is what it is we suck without Troy P

stillers4me
12-06-2009, 03:52 PM
Like I aside before, the Bengals were able to sign other teams misfit toys for rent-a players. There's no such thing as a rent-a-Troy.

I sure hope he gets that knee cleaned out in the offseason because I can't take another season like this.

MACH1
12-06-2009, 03:54 PM
Is Troy going to play turdsday I mean thursday?

BlastFurnace
12-06-2009, 03:54 PM

troy matters.

it is what it is.

You're exactly right.

Dodt
12-06-2009, 03:55 PM
would could a should a.

Fire Haley
12-06-2009, 04:11 PM
What you say is true.

But - Timmons or Darrell Revis? I know who I'd take.

wootawnee
12-06-2009, 04:41 PM
This whole team is just dull and plays with no heart as a whole.........Kiesel does as with Hines and Ben but every on else is just going throw the motions........

Gay gotta go.....

We need a o lineman with some fire in his heart......

Harrison is just cruisin along with woodley......

Timmons got all the tools and talent, but losing Foote lost a big part of the D chemistry and heart......

We need a dominant Dlineman.....I say Free agent cause getting one in the draft is tough.....

I love these guys but they lost their heart along the way sometime and I am tired of Tomlin's press conferences cause they lack heart.........

WWIIOwheelz
12-06-2009, 04:51 PM
Well said. The defense is a shadow of themselves without Polamalu.

It's a little more than that, though. Ike Taylor has been awful for weeks, so looking for help at corner is something the Steelers need to be thinking about sooner than later.

We should be watching the college ranks closely at that position.

stillers4me
12-06-2009, 04:54 PM
It's pretty sad when teams don't even blink before going for 4th and whatever against the Steelers defense. Week after week, we watch them do it and then go on to score.

headymessman86
12-06-2009, 04:59 PM
We're just not getting the game saving turnovers like last year. Say what you want, but as the Colts wouldn't be the same without Manning, the same goes for our D without Troy.
Our bend but don't break mentality just isn't there this year.
Simply put, he makes everyone else better.

Merchant
12-06-2009, 05:02 PM
How did Burnett not make that interception? How did Ike not intercept or atleast knock down that floater? I'm still in shock.

We were ranked #1 against the pass last season.. now look at us. I've never seen one player (Troy) make such a gargantuan difference. With him we're unstoppable. Without him we're pathetic. Even when Brady went down last season pats still went 11-5. Troy is officially the #1 difference maker in the NFL.

Psyychoward86
12-06-2009, 06:17 PM
i kept telling myself we could win all of these games without Troy.

Guess i cant say that anymore. We need him for the Browns game :coffee:

stb_steeler
12-06-2009, 06:33 PM
Apparently we are a different team with out Troy but, whatda hell would this team do when he's gone?There has to be a plan to take care of these problems as they come up. It doesn't seem the D is in the right mind.

tmacsteelerfan
12-06-2009, 06:38 PM
My signature says it all

jjpro11
12-06-2009, 06:57 PM
McFadden was a pretty costly loss too if you ask me. i don't know how he is doing in Arizona, but he fit in very well with this defense and Gay is a major weakness.

fansince'76
12-06-2009, 07:01 PM
McFadden was a pretty costly loss too if you ask me. i don't know how he is doing in Arizona, but he fit in very well with this defense and Gay is a major weakness.

B-Mac is getting torched just as badly in AZ as Gay is for us, if not worse: http://pit.scout.com/2/926374.html

MT83
12-06-2009, 07:03 PM
There could be a serious case made that this team would be undefeated if Troy never got hurt.

dcsteel5804
12-06-2009, 07:20 PM
What you say is true.

But - Timmons or Darrell Revis? I know who I'd take.

100% correct my friend. Think about it, we don't draft Timmons and we draft Revis. We keep Foote and Farrior. Wow. I was thinkin about this the other day watchin him shut down Owens. We would have Ike on one side, Revis on the other. Foote, who I think is a more solid, consistent started than Timmons and farrior at LB. We'd still have Harrison and Woodley on the outsides. We'd be set, but like everyone is sayin around here, shoulda coulda woulda.

tony hipchest
12-06-2009, 07:23 PM
100% correct my friend. Think about it, we don't draft Timmons and we draft Revis. We keep Foote and Farrior. Wow. I was thinkin about this the other day watchin him shut down Owens. We would have Ike on one side, Revis on the other. Foote, who I think is a more solid, consistent started than Timmons and farrior at LB. We'd still have Harrison and Woodley on the outsides. We'd be set, but like everyone is sayin around here, shoulda coulda woulda.drafting revis wanst an option.

he was off the board. its not like we passed on him or anything.

geogolf
12-06-2009, 07:24 PM
Troy does matter. It seems like I'm watching the same game week after week. Groundhog Day for Steelers fans.

6 Losses by a total of 27 points.

How many Kickoffs/Punts run back for TD's ?

This is the sloppiest Steelers team I have seen in ages.

I'll die with em to the end. But this gets old.

dcsteel5804
12-06-2009, 07:27 PM
drafting revis wanst an option.

You're right, I forgot about that, my bad

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
12-06-2009, 08:43 PM
I don't know how you can deny it. Our defense, especially the secondary, is completely and utterly pathetic in his absence.

Troy > Ben, when it comes to the outcome of a game.

ricardisimo
12-08-2009, 01:32 AM
drafting revis wanst an option.

Actually, there's more to it than that. As I recall, Tomlin spent waaaayyyy too much time at a pre-draft press conference stroking himself while talking about Revis. It got so bad that Colbert had to step in and say "This conversation is over." In fact, I think those were his exact words. It was a learning experience for our rookie HC, and a particularly painful one at that, what with the coitus interruptus exactly one pick before theirs on the first day of the draft.

It's not beyond reason to say that Tomlin effectively talked the Jets into picking Revis over other prized prospects at that slot. What I cannot recall now is whether or not the Jets traded up to specifically that spot to snag Revis, but this seems likely since they should have been picking after us in 2007... they made the playoffs in 2006 and we didn't.

Talk about shoulda, woulda, coulda. If only Tomlin had spent that press conference talking up Ramzee Robinson instead...

wootawnee
12-08-2009, 03:08 AM
i kept telling myself we could win all of these games without Troy.

Guess i cant say that anymore. We need him for the Browns game :coffee:

If we had someone with size that can fill his shoes maybe we could have won a bunch of our losses.......But Sawed-Off Carter is just too little to be a main guy.....He excelles in situational packages off the bench such as certain nickel and dime stuff.I wish he was gifted with a bigger body cause he got a huge heart......

Rick5895
12-08-2009, 05:41 AM
With Troy in the game, the other DB's play with more confidence because the feel Troy can make up for mistakes that are made. That is very important. However, we have had opportunities literally slip through our fingers. A ot has bee said about our melt downs in the 4th Q's of games by our normally tough D. But I ask this question, How many times have our DB's and even LB's dropped sure pics (like Burnetts or Taylors against KC) during our losses.? When I coach I always tell my players, catch the ball, dropped interceptions will come back to haunt you. This is especially true in the NFL. Twice on that final drive on Sunday this happened, Burnetts drop and Taylor get out muscled for the ball by a rookie WR on a ball thrown up for grabs. This has happened all season, even with out Troy these are plays that should be made. I would guess that we have lost 3 games late because of dropped pics.

SteelMember
12-08-2009, 09:25 AM
Troy does matter. It seems like I'm watching the same game week after week. Groundhog Day for Steelers fans.

Troy is indeed a gifted player, and I will agree that he does make a big difference on the field. I was one that was truely upset when he went out in the first game of the year.

Now, thinking about it, the NFL still shows that commercial with Troy "stealing" the game with that int. Wow! What a great play!

I guess what I'm saying is Troy MADE a play. Our defense was showing itself early in the year. The Titans were about to go down the field and take the win and Troy saved it. Since then, there have been opportunities for other guys to step up and make a play. Like Carter's 2 picks. But since then, there have been missed opportunities by guys lack of effort, inability to catch, or simply slipping down on the field. If somone will make plays, we win. If they don't... We don't.

With, or without Troy, the opportunities are there, the defense just isn't capitalizing.

Granted, Troy sets the bar higher and improves our expectations, but there are 11 other guys out there that need to contribute more than they're giving.

FacemeIke
12-08-2009, 10:13 AM
Yep we would have won that game with Troy. But, could have won it without him also. Blown assignments, turnovers in the redzone, lack of effort, mental mistakes, all played a part in the matter. That could be said about all of our losses as well.

Steeldude
12-08-2009, 10:28 AM
troy matters

of course he matters, but the steelers should have beaten(easily?) the chiefs and raiders without polamalu.

Steeldude
12-08-2009, 10:32 AM

here is a link on how mcfadden and taylor are doing in AZ. so far gay is the better of them, at least statistically. i am more concerned and disappointed with the steelers' $4.5+ million CB.

http://pit.scout.com/2/926374.html

Scout.com's Ed Thompson takes a look at the three cornerbacks, safeties and linebackers that NFL quarterbacks have gone after with no mercy this season. And he points out which players at each position are struggling the most when called upon to defend the pass.

Ike Taylor, Pittsburgh Steelers: Quarterbacks have gone after the seventh-year corner a 90 times this season, more than any other defender in the NFL. Taylor has allowed a league-high 54 catches (60 percent) for 679 yards and two touchdowns. He's broken-up 11 attempts.

Bryant McFadden, Arizona Cardinals: 87 passes have been thrown McFadden's way, and he's allowed 45 completions (51.7 percent) for 648 yards and a score. He's knocked away 13 throws.

Fire Haley
12-08-2009, 06:47 PM
OAK - WR Louis Murphy - 4 catches, 128yds, 2 TD's. - that's Ike's man.

That should never happen no matter what - blown coverages amount to personal responsibility on the field.

Fix it Tomlin.

markymarc
12-08-2009, 08:30 PM
There is no question Troy is our defensive MVP, but sorry even without Troy we should not be losing to teams like the Bengals, Chiefs and Raiders.

wootawnee
12-11-2009, 06:02 PM
I'll take McFadden over Gay any day........When did Gay ever make a play like the one McFadden made in the playoff game vs the colts R Wayne?.......He was a rookie to boot......

But we got who we got......And there has been too much pointing out in this loosing streak instead of acceptance of our roster and who we are, coaches and all......
You gotta make lemonade with what you got.....Not what if......And that is what happed to the 09 Pittsburgh Steelers.......