PDA

View Full Version : Playoffs...yes im serious.

bradness113
12-06-2009, 03:46 PM
first off, all you whiny bitches make me sick. the season isnt over. so quit your bitchin.

we will finish 10-6 and snag the last wild card.
Denver, unless a horrible end to the season will snag the 5 seed.

WC- 6- Jacksonville South 7-5-0 (mia,ind,ne,clev)

7- Baltimore North 6-5-0 (has to lose to GB. Then sched: det,chi,pitt, oak)
8- Pittsburgh North 6-6-0 (cle,GB, balt, mia)
9- N.Y. Jets East 6-6-0 (tb,atl,ind,cincy)
10- Miami East 6-6-0 (jax,tenn,hou,pitt)
11- Tennessee South 5-7-0 (stl,mia,sd,sea)

quit ur bitchin. it can happen.
Get well soon troy.

:helmet:

BlastFurnace
12-06-2009, 03:47 PM
I can't stop laughing.

Thanks.

CaseyHamburglar
12-06-2009, 03:48 PM
So people are "whiny bitches" because they are upset that their favorite team, whom they devote both time and money to, has lost four in a row?

AllD
12-06-2009, 03:50 PM
You remind me of the last guy on the Titanic. "But the ship is unsinkable...?"

Always a superfan, but this season was over from the beginning.

supa_fly_steeler
12-06-2009, 03:53 PM
lol

frankvctr
12-06-2009, 03:54 PM
Playoff? Optimism like this is just fit for kids' soccer team.

Time to swallow the pride, and go back to the drawing board. They dig the hole that is too F... deep.

Carolina Steelers
12-06-2009, 03:56 PM

I agree a little with what your saying but it wasnt over from the beginning. Remember when we beat the Broncos we were 6-2 every one thought we were still the team to beat now 4 weeks later were 6-6 (4 losses in a row) now we sucked all year I dont think so. maybe we were overrated then

MT83
12-06-2009, 03:56 PM
Playoffs? Don't talk about playoffs! Playoffs? You kiddin' me?

Eztarget
12-06-2009, 03:58 PM
Do you really think this team is going to make the playoffs? They can't stop KC or OAK on their final drives. If they can't stop the bottom dwellers what do you think they will do in the playoffs? Troy can't play EVERY position (if he comes back).

MasterOfPuppets
12-06-2009, 03:59 PM
so we go from we'll finish 12 - 4, to we'll finish 11 - 5 , to we'll finish 10 - 6 ...:doh:

Atranox
12-06-2009, 04:01 PM
We have one of these threads every week..

Starting with this week, we were going to win out & make the playoffs.
Last week, we were going to win out & make the playoffs.
Two weeks ago, we were going to win out & make the playoffs.
Four weeks ago, we were going to easily make the playoffs.

I'm sure Cleveland will be an easy victory, right?

steelers7807
12-06-2009, 04:03 PM
The way they are playing right now 8-8 is more realistic.

solardave
12-06-2009, 04:04 PM
first off, all you whiny bitches make me sick. the season isnt over. so quit your bitchin.

Get well soon troy.

Whiney bitches my ass.Even if we do who are we gonna beat playing like this? This is called reality. You play like shit you sit home and watch the playoffs. Who are you trying to kid? Yeah yeah yeah, the glass is half full!jerkit:

X-Terminator
12-06-2009, 04:05 PM
Unbelievable. So the guy tries to shed a little positive light on the situation, and he gets savaged for it.

I swear to God, some of you wouldn't know how to make a positive comment if your lives depended on it. No, it has to be the end of the damn world after every damn loss.

The season ain't over until they are mathematically eliminated. Until then, they have a chance. Try thinking that way. It won't kill you, I promise!

Bluedust
12-06-2009, 04:09 PM
Unbelievable. So the guy tries to shed a little positive light on the situation, and he gets savaged for it.

I swear to God, some of you wouldn't know how to make a positive comment if your lives depended on it. No, it has to be the end of the damn world after every damn loss.

The season ain't over until they are mathematically eliminated. Until then, they have a chance. Try thinking that way. It won't kill you, I promise!

Hahahaha, yes calling people here whiny bitches is SURE to garner positive responses.

http://i48.tinypic.com/21btc2q.jpg

meelanova
12-06-2009, 04:13 PM
I know. Every Steelers message board is like Afghanistan after a loss. Bombed out and depleted.

stillers4me
12-06-2009, 04:14 PM
Hahahaha, yes calling people here whiny bitches is SURE to garner positive responses.

If the shoe fits..........

X-Terminator
12-06-2009, 04:14 PM

I personally don't disagree with that sentiment. It still does not take away from the fact that the season is not over.

SuzyPeppercorn
12-06-2009, 04:16 PM

Thank you for providing a little bit of a reality check. It is by no means a long shot that the Steelers make the playoffs. Anything could happen. Is it likely the Steelers make the playoffs after the way they have been playing? No not really. But you never know how fast they could turn it around. This is still a similar team to the team that one the superbowl just one year ago.

It makes me sick how many people are throwing the team under the bus after a bad losing streak. Yeah this is reality, solardave, but lets not forget this is still just football. Meaning its supposed to be fun. Is losing fun? No! But there is nothing more exciting than watching a close game. Let's get ready for the browns on thursday night and have fun watching the Black and Gold :tt02:

Glloydfan
Usually just read and don't post, but must say they still have a shot. Fact is no Troy no chance but he may be back. Once in playoffs everyone has same record. Troy is that good...

Bluedust
If the shoe fits..........

Oh I agree people are being whiny bitches, it's just a game. But it's funny to expect people that are hurt over this to take kindly to someone calling them whiny bitches, just doesn't make sense.

Glloydfan
12-06-2009, 04:31 PM
Ben could play better, Mendy is playing better, dixon maybe help out in red zone, Madison may help st, and Troy will fix secondary. It could happen just hoping they make playoffs where anything could happen. Go steelers!

Steelersfan4life
12-06-2009, 04:41 PM
If we we won out it would be pretty reasonable that we grab that 6th playoff spot at 10-6... but is it really that reasonable to think we win out?

Glloydfan
12-06-2009, 04:49 PM
If we get lucky. Good thing luck counts - maybe we need to buy another ref lol

MasterOfPuppets
12-06-2009, 04:51 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/p3-eavMSBnk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/p3-eavMSBnk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

headymessman86
12-06-2009, 04:53 PM
One step at a time. It sucks we have to start begging for help week 13, but might as well.
Go Green Bay on MNF. I know we need to start playing like we give a rat's ass, but our faint chances start with the Packers tomorrow. I know it's a longshot to get the sixth seed, but damn next season is too far away.
I need some semblance of hope to get me through the holidays.

plenewken
12-06-2009, 05:17 PM

Get well soon troy.

Thanks for the laugh.

Preacher
12-06-2009, 05:36 PM
Could we make it to the playoffs? Sure.

Right now, this isn't a playoff team.

Don't know how, don't know why. BUt they have really lost something on both sides of the ball.

And no, I still do not believe Troy P. is the SOLE reason we are losing now.

plenewken
12-06-2009, 05:41 PM
And no, I still do not believe Troy P. is the SOLE reason we are losing now.

You're right, there's Aaron Smith too.

BlastFurnace
12-06-2009, 05:55 PM
If we we won out it would be pretty reasonable that we grab that 6th playoff spot at 10-6... but is it really that reasonable to think we win out?

Let's see, we get pushed around by the Chiefs and the Raiders...two of the worst teams in the entire league....I would say that it is very unreasonable to believe that we can win more than 8 games total.

SH-Rock
12-06-2009, 05:59 PM

Yup ever since troy got hurt

devilsdancefloor
12-06-2009, 06:12 PM
I cant believe all you folks jump all over the OP! If he wants to beleive and have faith we should be at least decent to them.

Psyychoward86
12-06-2009, 06:18 PM
if we make the playoffs, we mostly likely didnt deserve it

Preacher
12-06-2009, 06:20 PM
You're right, there's Aaron Smith too.

No, our run D. is still pretty dang stout. Nick Eason and Ziggy are playing very well. Its in our secondary and possibly holes in our scheming vs. who we have on the field.

TackleMeBen
12-06-2009, 06:30 PM
anything is possible... likely???? well that is another story. i find it very hard to believe that one player means that much to a defense that they suck without him in the line up. i have to blame the secondary for the loss today...

tmacsteelerfan
12-06-2009, 06:34 PM
Agree with MT83

steelerchad
12-06-2009, 08:07 PM
I'm with you on the playoffs. I will believe it can be done until were eliminated. With those schedules there are even ways to get in at 9-7 although not probable.

SteelC7
12-06-2009, 09:10 PM
ya bro, i dont think calling a bunch of steeler fans who are just strait up fed up with how horrible our team is playing whiny bitchez is the best way to get ppl to care wat ur saying, which we dont, and no, they wont make the playoffs, or dont u have a tv? do u watch steeler games?

Nadroj 20
12-06-2009, 09:24 PM
Seriously until we are officially elimainted why are people saying theres no way we will make the playoffs?

I dont care if we arent preforming the best....do the math

It aint over till its over

eafratitpm3
12-07-2009, 08:44 AM
The only Pittsburgh Team I count out is the Pirates, usually by the All-Star break. The Steelers are in a bad way right now but maybe some other teams can give them some help and we can find four guys for the secondary that just don't run around the football field and actually cover a guy.

The_WARDen
12-07-2009, 08:50 AM

Get well soon troy.

Please pass the koolaid.

I'll play the game... Even if they somehow pull it out and squeak into the playoffs, what have they shown you that would make you think that they could compete with the big boys?

Yesterday, it was some schmuk journeyman QB that torched them...in the playoffs, it'll be Peyton Manning.

It just isn't meant to be this year...

Crow-Magnon
12-07-2009, 08:56 AM
Can the Steelers still make the playoffs? Sure, it's entirely possible. But the concern has to be that the games Pittsburgh should have won, including yesterday's game against Oakland and two weeks ago against KC, have been allowed to slip away.

That does not bode well for a playoff run, let alone for playing in the post-season.

revefsreleets
12-07-2009, 09:20 AM
Playoffs?

Yes, the NFL will be having playoffs again this year. Of that I am certain. But the Steelers have no business even discussing them. They've just lost to 2 of the 4 worst teams in the NFL, and the upcoming game against the worst team in the NFL is now in question...

I'll humor this discussion if we beat the Browns 42-0 or something like that. But after yesterday, I'm not even sure we'll win the game...

O Sensei
12-07-2009, 09:45 AM
There is a chance they get in....clearly...likely is another story.
Whiny bitches are the REMFs in tent city bitching about not having enough bottled water, the 40 degree nightly temp change and when they get to call home.
I can assure you that was/is not me.

Right now the Dbs are playing shitty...PC enuff for everyone? Manning and Brady would make them look stupid....more stupid...and ike knows him some stupid...most definately.

Maybe you should find a Kumbaya circle to talk football in where only blue skys, perfect sundays and green clovers are spoken of, or maybe you need to up the 'script.

Bus36RollsUrlacher
12-07-2009, 09:59 AM
Are the playoffs possible? Yes they are, but I'm afraid that even a 4-0 run at the end will be too little too late. There are a lot of if's that need to happen and unfortunately too many AFC losses is not good. Taking at least 3 out of those last 4 at least gives you some momentum going into the final stretch, but now it is press and panic mode, which gives you even more chances of making mistakes. They are really banged up on defense and the depth has not really come through. Unfortunately if you cannot get pressure with your front four, you've got to start blitzing LB's etc. Corners and safeties cannot sit back there forever, and even a mediocre QB can give you fits if he has time and has some playmakers. This team plays best when they are hungry, and right now they don't appear to have that will. Some are waiting for others to make a big play, and others are waiting for it to all fall apart.

Corey120120
12-09-2009, 03:12 PM
We'll lose to baltimore 4 sure and the others who knows

msafford
12-09-2009, 03:14 PM

and why is that? I'd worry more about Green Bay.

Psyychoward86
12-09-2009, 03:21 PM

uh, we took them to OT with a 3rd string QB

canadasteel
12-09-2009, 03:40 PM
All Steeler fans have the right to be a whiny bitches right now! Is it possible yes, likely-another story. 4 weeks ago we kicked the snot out of the Broncos, then lose 4 in a row,including KC and Oakland? Something is clearly gone wrong with this group, Troy and Smith have a lot to do with it. But Steeler teams in the past thrived off similar situations. If somehow they get there heads on straight and play and COACH with some drive and determination they could win out especially if Troy comes back. Is it likeley to happen-probably not. It all starts with the Browns if they regain some "Fire", then it will come down to Green Bay,etc. etc. One game at a time. I'm not writing them off, but I'm not holding my breath either.

StainlessStill
12-09-2009, 03:45 PM

Even at 6-2 heading back home to take on Cincy for the Division?:noidea:

We're still okay. Beat the Browns tomorrow and we'll all feel better.:helmet:

Riddle_Of_Steel
12-09-2009, 03:53 PM
It isn't over until the fat lady sings....she's tuning up right now, but until the Steelers are mathematically eliminated, I will keep hoping. They can still do this...

Attitudes around Steeler Nation were about the same back in 2005 when we were on a 3 game losing streak and sitting at 7-5.....'

I have faith in the Steelers.

LVSteelersfan
12-09-2009, 04:14 PM
We have backed into the playoffs other years besides 2005. So it is entirely possible that a scrub team like Jacksonville bellies up and Denver, who is not really as good as their record, loses a couple games. Baltimore is a shadow of last year's team. The only team I hate to think about is the Jets because we finished just out of the playoffs more than once and those clowns squeaked in only to be eliminated in their first game. But that is history and really has no bearing on this year. Miami is a joke. Houston is pretty much out of it now. We are not that far out of it that we can't still get in. I am not saying we will do well in the playoffs if we squeak in, but stranger things have happened. Don't loose the faith, and yes, I have as much right to call out the whiners as they have to call out the Koolaid drinkers. Do you want some CHEESE with that whine?

welder4pit
12-09-2009, 05:28 PM

The season ain't over until they are mathematically eliminated. Until then, they have a chance. Try thinking that way. It won't kill you, I promise! YA DAMNIT!!!!!:tt03:

Christian Snyder
12-09-2009, 05:33 PM
I can't believe that people are ridiculing the OP for having optimism about the Steelers season! I didn't know it was illegal to be optimistic? I also think that we will go 10-6 or 9-7 and snag a WC spot.:tt04:

welder4pit
12-09-2009, 05:38 PM
Please pass the koolaid.

I'll play the game... Even if they somehow pull it out and squeak into the playoffs, what have they shown you that would make you think that they could compete with the big boys?

Yesterday, it was some schmuk journeyman QB that torched them...in the playoffs, it'll be Peyton Manning.

It just isn't meant to be this year... Dont agree. They have beaten some big boys. minnesota,denver sandiego. just win tomorrow and get troy back.They have dominated most of their games just got to close it and troy will help. If not for a couple of lucky passes and a dropped int oakland wouldnt have won :tt04::tt04::tt03:

43Hitman
12-09-2009, 05:39 PM
I can't believe that people are ridiculing the OP for having optimism about the Steelers season! I didn't know it was illegal to be optimistic? I also think that we will go 10-6 or 9-7 and snag a WC spot.:tt04:

Unfortunately, I don't 9-7 gets us in the playoffs unless all of the teams in the WC hunt have meltdowns. 10-6 is even going to be tight and I think we may need some help to get in. I remain hopeful though. :tt02:

By the way, have I mentioned my disdain for the Steely McBeam TT smiley? I can't stand that thing and think it should be FIRED!

markymarc
12-10-2009, 10:23 AM
Win out and get a healthy Troy back :tt02: I like those odds in the playoffs!