PDA

View Full Version : Secondary - Wow

CanadianSteel
12-06-2009, 05:08 PM
Wow - just wow - is all I can say.
I knew our secondary, besides Troy, cannot catch a cold, but that game was just brutal. Its one thing when a qb carves you up with precision... but many of those balls seemed like flutterballs. Just knock the dam thing down...
Seems like Burnet will mold into a Steelers corner as he also dropped one right in his wheelhouse.:banging:

I will still keep cheering through the final game, and hope somehow we can get on a role and also get some luck, but seems its just not our year this year....

Props to Ben leading 2 drives in the 4th quarter to take the lead....

Think we seriously need to consider a shut down cornere in the first round if any are available.

Peace out Steeler Nation - I feel better know thanks for listening..

MasterOfPuppets
12-06-2009, 05:14 PM
how in the hell do let a guy get behind you in the endzone like that ??? :banging:

Fire Haley
12-06-2009, 05:18 PM
Prevent and no pass rush = 4th qtr losses.

Write that on the wall.

Venom
12-06-2009, 05:23 PM
Mundy had a great 4th Quarter . Knocked out a Steeler and a Raider with his helmet and had a great view of the winning touchdown for the Raiders

SteelerEmpire
12-06-2009, 05:31 PM
We just dropped from like 15th in the league in passing defense all the way down to 30th in one game....

Fire Haley
12-06-2009, 05:36 PM
After watching Timmons getting dragged 5 yds on the back of RB's all day I'd say he's regressed.

We probably would have lost Woodley to move up and take Revis over Timmons - but if you could have Foote and Revis over Timmons and Gay - which combo would you pick, hypothetically speaking...?

7/39/43
12-06-2009, 05:47 PM
Taylor Mundy Gay wow, Taylor sit him down for a game might get him back in the groove(if he had one this year) Gay needs shoes that won''t let him fall (LOL)
Mundy needs experience
oh well better luck next season

Angus Burgher
12-06-2009, 05:51 PM
We have the worst secondary in the NFL. I don't give a shit that there are teams ranked lower than us in that department. We're terrible. Gay needs to be cut. He's a joke. Taylor, Mundy... all of these guys are getting exposed for the mediocre talents that they are without Troy on the field. This game was even more embarassing than the loss to KC. I think Dick LeBeau needs to retire.

stillers4me
12-06-2009, 05:57 PM
We have the worst secondary in the NFL. I don't give a shit that there are teams ranked lower than us in that department. We're terrible. Gay needs to be cut. He's a joke. Taylor, Mundy... all of these guys are getting exposed for the mediocre talents that they are without Troy on the field. This game was even more embarassing than the loss to KC. I think Dick LeBeau needs to retire.

You had me until the Dick Lebeau comment.

Merchant
12-06-2009, 06:06 PM
How can you blame Dick Lebeau? Can Lebeau catch the interception Burnett should've had? Can Lebeau catch the interception Ike should have had with that floater near the end? Can Lebeau make sure Gay doesn't slip a million times?

Lebeau is god. NEVER insult him.

Fire Haley
12-06-2009, 06:17 PM
I say we draft a couple of those Nebraska and Bama DE's and switch to a 4:3

If we're so dependent on Troy not getting hurt, then we're doomed if he does.
That is the moral of this defense's story.

Angus Burgher
12-06-2009, 06:30 PM
Yes, how dare I pin any blame on Dick LeBeau. Why should our defensive coordinator, who has been unable to come up with schemes to stop 3rd down conversions all season long, shoulder any of the blame here? Why should the man who is unable to run a secondary just because ONE player is missing take any responsibility?

I refuse to accept that LeBeau shouldn't take some crap for this. Is he great? Yes. But I've seen our defense drop 5 out of 6 games in which our offense put up enough points to give us the ability to win the game. I'm sure you guys would rather I blame Arians or Legeshesky for this loss, but the offense put 24 points on the board and ST didn't give up a touchdown. The defense absolutely lost this game today, and I don't see how the hell their brilliant leader gets off scott free. We're always quick to sing his praises when we win a game... he deserves some blame when we lose.

steel-tex
12-06-2009, 06:31 PM
HOW MANY GAME WINNING DRIVES HAVE WE ALMOST STOPPED WITH A INTERCEPTION POPPING OUT OF OUR DBS HANDS -- I THINK I RMEMBER 3 ??? D.L. HAD THE RIGHT D CALLED OUR GUYS DIDN'T MAKE A PLAY - IT SEEMS IT IS ON 3RD DOWN MOST OF THE TIME ???? THIS WHOLE DEAL IS DRIVING ME NUTS IM T-VO IN THE NEXT GAMES - GOING TO SPEND MORE TIME IN THE DEER STAND !!!!

KeiselPower99
12-06-2009, 10:37 PM
We need a guy that can play SS if Troy is hurt. Carter is a FS as is Mundy. We are on the other side of Bens late game heroics this year. Ike needs to stop swaggin and play football.