PDA

View Full Version : Steelers’ Gay has apparent concussion

mesaSteeler
12-06-2009, 05:04 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-steelers-gayhurt&prov=ap&type=lgns
Steelers’ Gay has apparent concussion

PITTSBURGH (AP)—Pittsburgh Steelers cornerback William Gay(notes) sustained an apparent concussion during an accidental helmet-to-helmet collision with teammate Ryan Mundy(notes) during the fourth quarter of the Oakland Raiders’ 27-24 comeback victory Sunday.

As the Raiders’ Louis Murphy(notes) was catching a 19-yard pass at the Steelers 40 with 53 seconds remaining, Gay and Mundy converged on the receiver at the same time, and Mundy’s helmet slammed into Gay’s. The cornerback lay on the turf for several minutes before being helped off the field.

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said Gay is believed to have a concussion. Gay did not require hospitalization and was at his locker after the game.

Steeler in Carolina
12-06-2009, 05:14 PM
He's lucky that is was just a concussion.

cheezheadsteeler
12-06-2009, 05:29 PM
His concussion started when AP steamrolled him and it has been ongoing ever since.

WWIIOwheelz
12-06-2009, 05:32 PM
He was out cold.

stb_steeler
12-06-2009, 05:35 PM
Wasn't hard to see that, when ever some one puts there arms up like that after a big hit , it usually indicates a concussion.

Gnutella
12-06-2009, 09:58 PM
Finally, a concussion.

Nadroj 20
12-06-2009, 10:08 PM
You could tell he was dazed when he got hit and was laying there, this doesnt surprise me i said thats a concussion as soon as it happened, i wish him well.

Shea
12-06-2009, 10:13 PM
Wasn't hard to see that, when ever some one puts there arms up like that after a big hit , it usually indicates a concussion.

I was thinking the same thing when I saw his arms up. I know he's not a fan favorite right now but I wish him well. It was a scary hit.

stillers4me
12-06-2009, 10:26 PM
I was thinking the same thing when I saw his arms up. I know he's not a fan favorite right now but I wish him well. It was a scary hit.

Don't want to see the kid hurt, but at least we have a weeks reprieve from the "Gay sucks' threads.

GridironWarrior
12-06-2009, 10:41 PM
It'll be interesting to see Burnett in Nickel spots now since Shea will probably take Gay's spot.

fat4jc
12-06-2009, 10:43 PM
It'll be interesting to see Burnett in Nickel spots now since Shea will probably take Gay's spot.

We're doomed. :(

steelerchad
12-06-2009, 10:46 PM
I feel bad about screaming at the TV for him to get up and get off the field. When I saw the replay, I realized it was a vicious shot and he was really hurt. That play cost us big time as it stopped the clock. Had he not gotten hurt, another 15 seconds would have wound off the clock as they ran ahead to try and get set and snap the ball. That 15 seconds may have won us that game as they scored with only 9 seconds.

Anyway, no need to risk further injury. If I were Tomlin, I'd put him on IR. He should maybe even consider retirement.

MasterOfPuppets
12-06-2009, 10:47 PM
the way he was falling down all game, i thought he had a concussion from the get go ...:doh:

tony hipchest
12-06-2009, 10:57 PM
Finally, a concussion.
FU douchebag....

:hunch: