PDA

View Full Version : I know the world is over for many.. BUT

Merchant
12-06-2009, 06:30 PM
Okay, yes, I'm as devastated as everyone else from that loss, I'm as sick as everyone else from that loss, but hopefully we can all realize that there is still a CHANCE.. and I'm not just talking here..

Let's take a look at the playoff picture right now and our competition for the Wildcard spot, and their remaining schedules, plus their projected finish.

Jets (6-6) REMAINING: @ TB, ATL, @ IND, CIN. PROJECTED FINISH: 8-8

FIns (6-6) REMAINNG: @ JAC, @ TEN, HOU, you-know-who. PROJECTED: 8-8 or 7-9

Ravens (6-5) REMAINING: @ GB, DET, CHI, @ you-know-who, @ OAK. PROJECTED: 8-8 or 9-7

JAGS (7-5) REMAINING: MIA, IND, @ NE, @ CLE. PROJECTED: 8-8 or 9-7

Broncos (8-4) REMAINING: @ IND, OAK, @ PHI, KC. PROJECTED: 10-6 (and since we beat them we hold the tie-breaker!)

SOOO... If Tomlin can inspire the troops.. If our secondary can wake up.. if Troy can come back.. and if we get a few games between other teams in our favour.. DUN DUN DUN.. THE PLAYOFFS IS STILL POSSIBLE PEOPLE..

:tt03:

Hayeksheroes
12-06-2009, 06:34 PM
Yes, and Obama is bring victory in Afghanistan. A little too late my friend.

Merchant
12-06-2009, 06:35 PM
It ain't over till it's over my friend.

DoctorCAD
12-06-2009, 06:37 PM
Oh, after todays powerhouse showing, it is officially over.

Say what you want about mathematical chances, you have to still WANT to win. I see none of that in this team.

But I will defend them to the end.

plenewken
12-06-2009, 06:38 PM
So you see the Steelers win 4 in a row after having laid 4 big eggs in a row against average or lousy teams? I'm sorry but I don't buy it. Mathematically, maybe, but on the field, nope.

Merchant
12-06-2009, 06:39 PM
You will once our saviour returns. WHERE ART THOU TROY!!!

TROY!!!!

bradness113
12-06-2009, 06:42 PM
this is not our teamm. we are not the same w/o troy and it shows. if he comes back and we lose. fine. its over. but we will b so much better with him.

we will make it. have faith. BELIEVE.

Steel_12
12-06-2009, 06:43 PM
If we can't beat the Raiders AT HOME and a terrible Chiefs team (without their best RB/WR), how do you expect we run the table? I want to believe so but it's difficult right now!

stillers4me
12-06-2009, 06:44 PM
We have no margin for error left. We have to win Thursday against the Browns.....yes, we have to worry about losing to the Browns without Troy.

lewey72
12-06-2009, 06:47 PM
Why do they let Mr. Gay on the field. They let Ivy go, man what a huge mistake that was. Mr Gay is horrible and so out of position

BlastFurnace
12-06-2009, 06:49 PM
We have no margin for error left. We have to win Thursday against the Browns.....yes, we have to worry about losing to the Browns without Troy.

I felt that was today's line "No Margin for error". I think they made that fatal error today.

steel-tex
12-06-2009, 07:01 PM
SORRY GUYS BUT WERE WASHED UP - WE DID THIS SAME THING A FEW YEARS BACK AND FINISHED 8AND 8 - SUPERBOWL HANGOVER - COACHES INCLUDED - I DONT THINK TOMLIN UNLEASHED SHIT AND THEY ARE JUST AS MUCH A PROBLEM \AS THE PLAYERS\ ON THE FIELD

Merchant
12-06-2009, 07:07 PM
I'm bookmarking this thread.. and bumping it once we finish 10-6 and make the playoffs..
SHUN THE NON-BELIEVERS

silver & black
12-06-2009, 07:07 PM
Am I allowed in? :hide:... :grin:

I stayed away for a while untill things "settled down" a bit... let you have your space. I know a little about how it goes on the forums after a loss... I have a lot of experience in that dept. :wink02:

There really isn't much to say that will help. I know a lot of you are very pissed about losing to us, and I don't blame you. I never thought we would take this game. It isn't the end of the world... you can still get the wildcard spot. Your team does NOT suck, even though that's how you are feeling right now.

Anyway, I just wanted to stop in and say I really enjoyed this game. It felt like a "back in the day" Raiders/Steelers brawl... I miss those games more than anything. While I won't lie about thoroughly enjoying this win over your Steelers... I won't rub it in or talk sh*t either... not my thing. Besides, I like this forum, and quite a few of you on here.

Keep your heads up Steeler Nation... you have a playoff spot to win. :drink:

lewey72
12-06-2009, 07:10 PM
If we can't beat the Raiders AT HOME and a terrible Chiefs team (without their best RB/WR), how do you expect we run the table? I want to believe so but it's difficult right now!

I know i have heard Troy say that one man can not make a difference. I would have to beg to differ with him on that. That being said, if the Steelers can not cover the pass we dont have a chance in he double toothpicks chance of beating anymore teams.

Mags87
12-06-2009, 07:10 PM
im curious to see what the actual wildcard picture will look like after MNF. the question i have is of the 6-6 teams (hypothetically baltimore loses tomorrow) where is this team? if the ravens lose i know they are 1 up on us cause of last week. but MIA, NYJ, who's on top out of the three? and we play MIA at the end of the year so that could be way bigger of a game than originally thought. so if we beat the ravs and the dolphins and the browns, lose to GB, we still are in decent shape looking at the competition for the WC spot i think.

Edit: http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/afcstandings.html
so it looks like we are on top of the jets as of now and below the ravs and the fins. this isnt too bad considering we still play both teams.

MasterOfPuppets
12-06-2009, 07:12 PM

I stayed away for a while untill things "settled down" a bit... let you have your space. I know a little about how it goes on the forums after a loss... I have a lot of experience in that dept. :wink02:

There really isn't much to say that will help. I know a lot of you are very pissed about losing to us, and I don't blame you. I never thought we would take this game. It isn't the end of the world... you can still get the wildcard spot. Your team does NOT suck, even though that's how you are feeling right now.

Anyway, I just wanted to stop in and say I really enjoyed this game. It felt like a "back in the day" Raiders/Steelers brawl... I miss those games more than anything. While I won't lie about thoroughly enjoying this win over your Steelers... I won't rub it in or talk sh*t either... not my thing. Besides, I like this forum, and quite a few of you on here.

RAIDERFAN !!! KILL HIM !!!:dualies: ...JOKIN S&B ... congrats... as far as feelin like an old matchup, gotten disagree...those teams played Defense. :doh:

lewey72
12-06-2009, 07:15 PM
I would like to know how you can have virtually the same team a year ago and perform this poorly on Offense. What happened to the team that could score on the last play of the game and win it with no time on the clock.

NV STEELERS 723
12-06-2009, 07:17 PM

It was a good game to watch the last 8 minutes...not looking forward to the Raider fans at work :-(

silver & black
12-06-2009, 07:17 PM
RAIDERFAN !!! KILL HIM !!!:dualies: ...JOKIN S&B ... congrats... as far as feelin like an old matchup, gotten disagree...those teams played Defense. :doh:

Yeah, they did... and a lot better than either of these teams have played it this year, but at least it was close all the way to the end.

X-Terminator
12-06-2009, 07:19 PM
I would like to know how you can have virtually the same team a year ago and perform this poorly on Offense. What happened to the team that could score on the last play of the game and win it with no time on the clock.

Perform poorly on offense? Did you not see them give the team the lead not ONCE, but TWICE, after the defense shit the bed...only to have them shit the bed again?

WHY...WHY...WHY...do people keep pointing the fingers at the offense for failures from the defense??? I feel like I'm :banging: with you people!

silver & black
12-06-2009, 07:20 PM

If you figure it out, let me know. The Raiders haven't played football since their Superbowl year. It has to be the record Superbowl hangover of all time.:banging:

SteelCityMom
12-06-2009, 07:24 PM

Ummm....I know the offense kinda shat the bed in the first half, but they did march down the field and score twice in a row in the 4th you know to gain the leads back that were blown by the defense.

Or did you REALLY expect a TD drive with 8 seconds left lol. Please tell me when our offense did that last year. 2 min drives are not the same as hail mary's lol.

Damn, I'm drunk and even I know this.

devilsdancefloor
12-06-2009, 07:26 PM

It wouldnt matter if you came in right after or now man! some folks like to hear them selves bitch and i am sure it will go on all week. Im upset as much as the next steeler fan , but sometimes i wonder about folks. They won it all last years as a team and this year they are losing as a team.

stillers4me
12-06-2009, 07:27 PM

I'm so jealous.

SteelCityMom
12-06-2009, 07:28 PM

Yeah, I'm gonna complain a lot tonight for sure...but in the end that was a nice win by the Raiders and Gradkowski. It seems that a lot of lesser teams are taking offense to everybody just thinking they are going to lay down and die when they play the Steelers, and it's motivated them greatly.

Best of luck with the rest of your season!

tmacsteelerfan
12-06-2009, 07:31 PM
We no longer control our own destiny goin to need to win out and have lots of help. Troy can't comeback at a better time then right now, and I'm sure he's gonna try to get in atleast for the GB game, but we got to win w/o hm.

silver & black
12-06-2009, 07:33 PM
Yeah, I'm gonna complain a lot tonight for sure...but in the end that was a nice win by the Raiders and Gradkowski. It seems that a lot of lesser teams are taking offense to everybody just thinking they are going to lay down and die when they play the Steelers, and it's motivated them greatly.

Best of luck with the rest of your season!

Thank you, and back atcha.:thumbsup:

lewey72
12-06-2009, 07:41 PM
I'm bookmarking this thread.. and bumping it once we finish 10-6 and make the playoffs..
SHUN THE NON-BELIEVERS

I will do the same but it will be 7 and 9 or 8 and 8. Our defensive secondary does not have a clue. We can stop the run but leave thpass wide open. Ike Taylor is a joke now I can not understand what happened to him, and Mr Gay is a non factor in the passing game.

lewey72
12-06-2009, 07:45 PM
Ummm....I know the offense kinda shat the bed in the first half, but they did march down the field and score twice in a row in the 4th you know to gain the leads back that were blown by the defense.

Or did you REALLY expect a TD drive with 8 seconds left lol. Please tell me when our offense did that last year. 2 min drives are not the same as hail mary's lol.

My mistake. I did not finish my post and add that a great Defense helps and we dont have a great Defense anymore with 3 major players on the sideline.

roopdawg
12-06-2009, 07:51 PM
Today felt like the movie Groundhog Day.... Same damn thing over and over and over.....

stb_steeler
12-06-2009, 08:05 PM
If you figure it out, let me know. The Raiders haven't played football since their Superbowl year. It has to be the record Superbowl hangover of all time.:banging:

Makes ya kind of wonder what goes wrong with teams that play bad after a winning season... No one may never know!!!

Neil-Still-Rules-14
12-06-2009, 08:14 PM
Oh, after todays powerhouse showing, it is officially over.

Say what you want about mathematical chances, you have to still WANT to win. I see none of that in this team.

But I will defend them to the end.

:huh:

Merchant
12-06-2009, 09:17 PM
On a positive note.. our kickoff coverage was decent once again :D

steel-tex
12-06-2009, 09:18 PM
I hope we do go 10-6 and make the playoffs --- i will eat my words !!!!

Bluedust
12-06-2009, 09:19 PM
SHUN THE NON-BELIEVERS

I'd love to be able to get in your head for one day.. are you religious bychance?

Bluedust
12-06-2009, 09:23 PM

Simple, the Defense isn't stopping the other team anymore to allow Ben a few minutes to come back and score, the other team can run down the clock as much as it wants because our defense doesn't do anything.

Besides that? I don't think they're very motivated.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
12-06-2009, 09:28 PM

The irony is that the offense is leaps and bounds better than it was last year. We have a steady run attack and a pretty good short yardage offense. The story in all of these games is the defense. It's hard to march down the field with 9 seconds left.

Merchant
12-06-2009, 10:02 PM
I'd love to be able to get in your head for one day.. are you religious bychance?

I pray to a statue of Troy. Does that count?

Bluedust
12-06-2009, 10:12 PM
Pray at the altar of Bruce "God" Gradkowski
20/33, 308 YDS, 3 TD, 121.8 QB Rating. :tt: