PDA

View Full Version : Earth to Arians, Dixon in Wildcat would have been nice!

Hayeksheroes
12-06-2009, 06:39 PM
Arians stated this week that he did not want to put Dixon in the wildcat. Well, it might be nice in the red zone. The Steelers came away with no points twice. That turned out to be the difference in the game. Perhaps if Arians had a bit of imagination then he would have put Dixon in the game against 8 in the box.

Dixon showed that he can play.

steel-tex
12-06-2009, 06:50 PM
B.C. IS A FREAKEN ROBOT - IMAGINATION --- WE ALL WISH - HE CANT ADAPT FOR SHIT !!! HIS PLAY CALLIN DRIVES ME NUTS - HE CALLS A PERFECT TOUCHDOWN DRIVE AND COMES BACK WITH SHIT SHIT AND SHIT AGAIN - HE IS A BUM.

Hayeksheroes
12-06-2009, 07:01 PM
The amazing thing is that Big Ben says he agrees with all his play calls. I think that is Kiss Ass. If that is true, I'd be shocked and dismayed.

Shoes
12-06-2009, 07:03 PM
The amazing thing is that Big Ben says he agrees with all his play calls. I think that is Kiss Ass. If that is true, I'd be shocked and dismayed.

Wow, from your "I apologize" thread you sure have been on a roll.

RoethlisBURGHer
12-06-2009, 07:16 PM
Right now Dixon is out #2 QB.

If we run him in the wild cat and he gets seriously injured, Tyler Palko is our #2 QB.

Our offense didn't lose this game anyhow, our defense did.

Hayeksheroes
12-06-2009, 07:20 PM
Wow, from your "I apologize" thread you sure have been on a roll.

I had to vent. I am feeling better.

fansince'76
12-06-2009, 07:21 PM
Would that have somehow prevented the THREE TDs scored by the Raiders' supposedly shitty offense in the last 8 minutes and change? Including the game-winning 90-yard drive they put together in the last 2 minutes? :coffee:

Shoes
12-06-2009, 07:23 PM
I had to vent. I am feeling better.

How are you?

I'm fine.....too old to get bent out of shape :chuckle:

stillers4me
12-06-2009, 07:25 PM
Would that have somehow prevented the THREE TDs scored by the Raiders' supposedly shitty offense in the last 8 minutes and change? Including the game-winning 90-yard drive they put together in the last 2 minutes? :coffee:

No, it wouldn't have prevented their 3 TD's but if you are playing to win the game, the14 points we left on the field sure would have come in handy.

devilsdancefloor
12-06-2009, 07:26 PM
Arians stated this week that he did not want to put Dixon in the wildcat. Well, it might be nice in the red zone. The Steelers came away with no points twice. That turned out to be the difference in the game. Perhaps if Arians had a bit of imagination then he would have put Dixon in the game against 8 in the box.

Dixon showed that he can play.

:rofl: please seriously :rofl::rofl:

fansince'76
12-06-2009, 07:27 PM
No, it wouldn't have prevented their 3 TD's but if you are playing to win the game, the14 points we left on the field sure would have come in handy.

Funny how the D shits the bed, yet it's somehow always Arians' fault. Same old story. When a scrub like Gradkowski is made to look like Joe freaking Montana, it's not our OC's fault.

stillers4me
12-06-2009, 07:29 PM
Funny how the D shits the bed, yet it's somehow always Arians' fault. Same old story.

When you know you can't count on the D like last year, then you score anyway you can and as many times as you get the opportunity. How many games do we have to lose by 3 points until we get the message?

SteelCityMom
12-06-2009, 07:32 PM

He never kissed Wisenhunts ass, why would he kiss Ariens ass if he didn't agree with him lol.

FIRE 'EM ALL!!!! (/sarcasm)

X-Terminator
12-06-2009, 07:32 PM
Yeah, the sun could explode tomorrow and kill us all, and somehow it would be blamed on Bruce Arians.

Seriously, how many times are we going to go through this? Bruce Arians is NOT responsible for the failure of the defense to protect leads late in games. It's mystifying how this keeps coming up.

fansince'76
12-06-2009, 07:34 PM
When you know you can't count on the D like last year, then you score anyway you can and as many times as you get the opportunity. How many games do we have to lose by 3 points until we get the message?

I dunno - how about the so-called best D in the league live up to their billing for once, especially against impotent offenses that have been averaging 10 points a game? I'm sick of watching our D get burned by at-best journeyman QBs and then watching our OC get blamed for it.

Preacher
12-06-2009, 07:35 PM
Obama sucks...

(need to divert somehow).

Preacher
12-06-2009, 07:38 PM
ITS WILLIE PARKER'S FAULT

:chuckle:

Shoes
12-06-2009, 07:38 PM
Obama sucks...

(need to divert somehow).

:toofunny::toofunny:

Steel_12
12-06-2009, 07:41 PM
I dunno - how about the so-called best D in the league live up to their billing for once, especially against impotent offenses that have been averaging 10 points a game? I'm sick of watching our D get burned by at-best journeyman QBs and then watching our OC get blamed for it.

I agree the D needs the blame but if everybody can see that our D is struggling, why won't we do everything in our power to score as many points as possible? We should go no huddle every possession because we score damn near every time we go no huddle. I understand ball control and field position but if you're scoring points your D won't have that pressure on them every game.

BY NO MEANS AM I BLAMING ARIANS....but I understand what some people are saying.

T.Richardson
12-06-2009, 07:42 PM
I was not aware that Arians also is the Defensive coordinator..

Hayeksheroes
12-06-2009, 07:45 PM
Right now Dixon is out #2 QB.

If we run him in the wild cat and he gets seriously injured, Tyler Palko is our #2 QB.

Our offense didn't lose this game anyhow, our defense did.

I'd rather have a Steeler win and Palko as 2nd string back up than Dixon 2nd string and a steelers loss.

Second of all, it is not a given that Dixon would get hurt. Then you have to assume that Ben and Dixon get hurt. What are the chances of that?

By the way, if you are going to unleash hell, then you better not hold anything back.

HometownGal
12-06-2009, 07:45 PM

:applaudit::drink::applaudit:

Earth to Steelers secondary - not giving another game away would have been nice!

Hayeksheroes
12-06-2009, 07:46 PM
By the way, if you are going to unleash hell, then you better not hold anything back.

It's like boxer only punching with his right hand, because he is afraid he might hurt his left hand and what would he do if he only had his right hand to punch.

HometownGal
12-06-2009, 07:47 PM
I'd rather have a Steeler win and Palko as 2nd string back up than Dixon 2nd string and a steelers loss.

Second of all, it is not a given that Dixon would get hurt. Then you have to assume that Ben and Dixon get hurt. What are the chances of that?

So - because Arians didn't incorporate Dixon into the game plan, we lost today? :doh:

It is also not a given that the wildcat with Dixon would work.

tmacsteelerfan
12-06-2009, 07:48 PM
You play to win the game, you don't play to avoid injuries. Any player can get hurt on any given play. It worked with mike vick today, it works for dolphins when they use pat white, so I don't understand why we don't use dixon like that. I miss whisenhunt and his trick plays.

X-Terminator
12-06-2009, 07:48 PM
I agree the D needs the blame but if everybody can see that our D is struggling, why won't we do everything in our power to score as many points as possible? We should go no huddle every possession because we score damn near every time we go no huddle. I understand ball control and field position but if you're scoring points your D won't have that pressure on them every game.

BY NO MEANS AM I BLAMING ARIANS....but I understand what some people are saying.

I guess nobody remembers that they had a 28-0 lead against SD and the D/ST almost blew that one in the 4th quarter. So they did what you, stillers4me and others have said...and they still came very close to losing that game.

Sorry, it's about time the defense takes their lumps. The offense cannot be blamed for their failures. They got them the lead twice in the 4th quarter, the second time being with less than 2 minutes left in the game. That should be more than enough to win.

HometownGal
12-06-2009, 07:49 PM
Funny how the D shits the bed, yet it's somehow always Arians' fault. Same old story. When a scrub like Gradkowski is made to look like Joe freaking Montana, it's not our OC's fault.

Unfreakingbelievable around here aint it? :banging: How many more games does our secondary have to give away before people wake up, smell the coffee and stop with the witch-hunting that has infected this board. The Steelers secondary lost another game for us today, not the Steelers O who put up 24 points on that board. :banging:

Steel_12
12-06-2009, 07:52 PM
I guess nobody remembers that they had a 28-0 lead against SD and the D/ST almost blew that one in the 4th quarter. So they did what you, stillers4me and others have said...and they still came very close to losing that game.

Sorry, it's about time the defense takes their lumps. The offense cannot be blamed for their failures. They got them the lead twice in the 4th quarter, the second time being with less than 2 minutes left in the game. That should be more than enough to win.

I agree it "should" be more than enough but THIS SEASON it isn't. We have to do something to help out our sorry Defense. Scoring more points is one of them. Again, I'm not blaming the O...

fansince'76
12-06-2009, 07:55 PM

And guess who got blamed for that? Yep, Arians, once again, for "not running the ball enough."

Texasteel
12-06-2009, 07:55 PM
Unfreakingbelievable around here aint it? :banging: How many more games does our secondary have to give away before people wake up, smell the coffee and stop with the witch-hunting that has infected this board. The Steelers secondary lost another game for us today, not the Steelers O who put up 24 points on that board. :banging:

You know as well as I do. The offense could score on every drive and someone would still call for BA's head.

Texasteel
12-06-2009, 07:57 PM
And guess who got blamed for that? Yep, Arians, once again, for "not running the ball enough."

I thought he didn't throw enough. Wait a minute want week was that?

X-Terminator
12-06-2009, 08:00 PM
I agree it "should" be more than enough but THIS SEASON it isn't. We have to do something to help out our sorry Defense. Scoring more points is one of them. Again, I'm not blaming the O...

OK, say they drop 35 on the Browns Thursday night in the first half, which isn't out of the question. Who's to say the D still doesn't give up 38? The O can score as many points as they can - hell, they can score 40 per game - but the D STILL needs to do its job. Plain and simple. Look at Pitt - they had a 21-point lead in the 2nd half, only to see Cincinnati come back and win by a point, because their D completely imploded. The offense scored 44 points for crying out loud - how do you NOT win that game? Sorry, I just can't put any blame on the O (even though you aren't) for not scoring more when the D can't put teams away.

stillers4me
12-06-2009, 08:01 PM
The witch hunt on this board???

It's not just this board.it's everywhere, in media, on the radio......and everybody in that bar I was in today was screaming the same thing. And nobody was calling him a genius. No one is arguing the D shit the bed again. but how many points are we leaving on the field and losing by 3 freaking points! Obviously, the points we are managing to score are not enough to win without the D scoring at least once game, and shutting down the other teams O.

Excuse me? Your QB sits out a week following a concussion and you call a QB sneak?????? Stupid, stupid call. But you all say you can't play Dixon because he might get hurt. I'm not saying we should or shouldn't play him, just that that excuse and the calls that are made make no sense.

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-06-2009, 08:04 PM
The Wildcat will be officially dead by next season. Any mention of the Steelers using the wildcat was just a smokescreen.

T.Richardson
12-06-2009, 08:04 PM
OK, say they drop 35 on the Browns Thursday night in the first half, which isn't out of the question. Who's to say the D still doesn't give up 38? The O can score as many points as they can - hell, they can score 40 per game - but the D STILL needs to do its job. Plain and simple. Look at Pitt - they had a 21-point lead in the 2nd half, only to see Cincinnati come back and win by a point, because their D completely imploded. The offense scored 44 points for crying out loud - how do you NOT win that game? Sorry, I just can't put any blame on the O (even though you aren't) for not scoring more when the D can't put teams away.

bu-bu-bu-but Arians didnt run Mendenhall enough, he only had 20+ carries!!!

No matter how many points the Offense scores, the defense might just give it back, at some point, the defense has to share the blame instead of Arians....or the offense.

fansince'76
12-06-2009, 08:06 PM

It's not just this board.it's everywhere, in media, on the radio......and everybody in that bar I was in today was screaming the same thing. And nobody was calling him a genius. No one is arguing the D shit the bed again. but how many points are we leaving on the field and losing by 3 freaking points! Obviously, the points we are managing to score are not enough to win without the D scoring at least once game, and shutting down the other teams O.

Excuse me? Your QB sits out a week following a concussion and you call a QB sneak?????? Stupid, stupid call.

We gave up a 90-yard TD drive and yet another game in less than 2 minutes to....Bruce Gradkowski. 'Nuff said.

X-Terminator

Excuse me? Your QB sits out a week following a concussion and you call a QB sneak?????? Stupid, stupid call.

And as I mentioned above, if the O scores 35 against the Browns Thursday night and they still lose, are you still going to blame the offense for not scoring enough? 35 points is enough to beat every team in the league. Hell, 24 points is enough beat most teams in the league. But if the defense can't stop the other team, how in the world is that the offense's fault?

Preacher
You know what this forum reminds me of?

More passes... Less passes More AND less passes

Start at the minute mark.

4_9EtHhPeI0

Hayeksheroes
12-06-2009, 08:10 PM
If the Steelers score twice in the redzone in the first half, even in its 3 pts. That's six points instead of no points. Steelers win.

stillers4me
12-06-2009, 08:13 PM
If the Steelers score twice in the redzone in the first half, even in its 3 pts. That's six points instead of no points. Steelers win.

Score anyway you can, use every weapon you've got. The blame goes to both sides of the ball. Ben should not have to come back in and frantically try turn the game around week after week after week.

T.Richardson

JEBUS F"ING CREST!!! :banging:

IF the defense held onto the lead that the offense gave to them TWICE, Steelers win. Does everybody lack common sense these day??

X-Terminator

Still does not justify the defense allowing THREE TDs to the friggin Bruce Gradkowski-led Raiders in the 4th quarter.

And how do you explain my point earlier about the SD game, in which they had a 28-0 lead late in the 3rd quarter and had to hang on for dear life to win?

Don't know what it's going to take before this finally sinks in. Arians is not responsible for everything that is wrong with this team.

stb_steeler
12-06-2009, 08:14 PM
The Wildcat will be officially dead by next season. Any mention of the Steelers using the wildcat was just a smokescreen.

Yeah i dont get it. Why is everyone thinking we should incorporate the wildcat in our offense. Lets get back to Steeler football and we'll be just fine. Yeah i know its a copy cat league but thats not the Steeler way.

BlastFurnace
12-06-2009, 08:14 PM
You know what this forum reminds me of?

More passes... Less passes More AND less passes

Start at the minute mark.

4_9EtHhPeI0

Problem is that we are all frustrated with what we have seen this year. None of us have any answers....but neither does the coaching staff.

stillers4me
12-06-2009, 08:15 PM
. Arians is not responsible for everything that is wrong with this team.

And why can't some people hold him accountable for his part of it?

T.Richardson
12-06-2009, 08:17 PM

close to 400 yards of offense. He gets little to none.

X-Terminator
12-06-2009, 08:18 PM

Because you are pretty much saying it's HIS fault that the defense can't hold leads. He can be blamed for a lot of things, but that isn't one of them.

Try holding the defense accountable for not holding up its end of the bargain. Again. The offense scored enough to win, period.

stillers4me
12-06-2009, 08:29 PM
Because you are pretty much saying it's HIS fault that the defense can't hold leads

I don't see a single person saying that. I'm not.

What I do see is people questioning play calls that don't produce scores. Leaving points on the field when you know your best defensive players are watching from the sideline is unacceptable.

Google Bruce Ariens and you'll find endless articles and forum postings calling for his head. It's not just at this forum, it's universal. The whole bar boos when they show him during the game. There's even a website firebruceariens.com.

Nobody blame's BA for what's going on with the defense. That's just the spin going on around here to defend him. There's plenty of games being won around the league by offenses scoring enough points to win despite having average defenses.

NOWHERE will you find me blaming BA for the defenses problems.

fansince'76
12-06-2009, 08:33 PM
Nobody blame's BA for what's going on with the defense. That's just the spin going on around here to defend him. There's plenty of games being won around the league by offenses scoring enough points to win despite having average defenses.

We did score enough to win. We were up 24-20 with 1:56 remaining in the 4th and what happens? We give up a 90-yard TD drive to, once again, Bruce Gradkowski. Not Peyton Manning, not Drew Brees, not even Carson Palmer or Philip Rivers but BRUCE FREAKIN' GRADKOWSKI.

The D lost this game today. Period. Not Arians.

X-Terminator
12-06-2009, 08:39 PM
We did score enough to win. We were up 24-20 with 1:56 remaining in the 4th and what happens? We give up a 90-yard TD drive to, once again, Bruce Gradkowski. Not Peyton Manning, not Drew Brees, not even Carson Palmer or Phillip Rivers but BRUCE FREAKIN' GRADKOWSKI.

The D lost this game today. Period. Not Arians.

Forget it, it's not worth bringing up again. Arians is the antichrist, and that's that.

stillers4me
12-06-2009, 08:40 PM
We did score enough to win.

Obviously not. We left points on the field so both can be blamed.

At least they didn't score on a kick off return.

SteelCityMom
12-06-2009, 08:41 PM
I don't see a single person saying that. I'm not.

What I do see is people questioning play calls that don't produce scores. Leaving points on the field when you know your best defensive players are watching from the sideline is unacceptable.

Google Bruce Ariens and you'll find endless articles and forum postings calling for his head. It's not just at this forum, it's universal. The whole bar boos when they show him during the game. There's even a website firebruceariens.com.

NOWHERE will you find me blaming BA for the defenses problems.

Then why don't all these people apply for jobs to be the OC if they can do any better? It's very easy to be an armchair coach and not have to take responsibility for how a team plays...it's very different when you actually ARE a coach and have to make the difficult decisions to get your team a win. It's easy to point fingers when you have no part in what's actually going on.

I'm not giving him a free pass either, there were some things that could have been better, but more often than not, the offense and the playcalling has put this team in a good position to win in the 4th quarter. People just like to call for his head b/c he was an easy target last year when the O struggled...so that in turn makes him an easy target this year.

Trust me, I'm 100% sure that Tomlin and the FO aren't going to base any of their coaching hiring or firing decisions on what some armchair coaches on the internet think should be done.

There's plenty of games being won around the league by offenses scoring enough points to win despite having average defenses.

Tell that to last years 8-8 Saints who would put up 30-40+ points a game and still lose because they had an average defense.

steelwalls
12-06-2009, 08:46 PM
Fact is..... I can live with scoring 24 points against this Raiders team, but to give up 27 against this Raiders team... is not Arians fault.

fansince'76
12-06-2009, 08:47 PM
Forget it, it's not worth bringing up again. Arians is the antichrist, and that's that.

Yep, it's not worth any more keystrokes at this point.

X-Terminator
12-06-2009, 08:47 PM
Tell that to last years 8-8 Saints who would put up 30-40+ points a game and still lose because they had an average defense.

Or this year's Pats*, for that matter. They certainly haven't been able to overcome a shitty defense on a weekly basis this season despite having a decent PPG average.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
12-06-2009, 08:53 PM
Obviously not. We left points on the field so both can be blamed.

At least they didn't score on a kick off return.

I don't think you understand that you can 'leave points on the field' and still score enough to win.

SteelCityMom
12-06-2009, 08:56 PM
Or this year's Pats*, for that matter. They certainly haven't been able to overcome a shitty defense on a weekly basis this season despite having a decent PPG average.

Exactly...the only thing that makes me mad I think is to know that if we had this years offense and last years defense the Steelers would be freaking unstoppable lol. It's all backwards, it was the same in '07 too when the defense had an off year. Defensive struggles definitely seem to impact this team more than offensive struggles do though, that's for sure. Oh well, I still love 'em and we still have a lot to be proud of as fans.

stillers4me
12-06-2009, 09:00 PM
I don't think you understand that you can 'leave points on the field' and still score enough to win.

Obviouly, with the way the defense has been playing, we are not.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
12-06-2009, 09:06 PM
Obviouly, with the way the defense has been playing, we are not.

Okay. They scored the go-ahead touchdown with 1:56 to go. What more could you possibly ask of the offense?

HometownGal
12-06-2009, 09:30 PM
Then why don't all these people apply for jobs to be the OC if they can do any better? It's very easy to be an armchair coach and not have to take responsibility for how a team plays...it's very different when you actually ARE a coach and have to make the difficult decisions to get your team a win. It's easy to point fingers when you have no part in what's actually going on.

I'm not giving him a free pass either, there were some things that could have been better, but more often than not, the offense and the playcalling has put this team in a good position to win in the 4th quarter. People just like to call for his head b/c he was an easy target last year when the O struggled...so that in turn makes him an easy target this year.

Trust me, I'm 100% sure that Tomlin and the FO aren't going to base any of their coaching hiring or firing decisions on what some armchair coaches on the internet think should be done.

AND

Okay. They scored the go-ahead touchdown with 1:56 to go. What more could you possibly ask of the offense?

http://blogs.smh.com.au/mashup/images/applause.gif

stillers4me
12-06-2009, 09:32 PM
The spin in this forum is making me dizzy.

I thought Tony held the market on that.

Steel_12
12-07-2009, 03:49 PM

X...I understand what you're saying. Just looking at it from the other point of view. Of course, the D should do their job but this is a team. When one facet of the team isn't performing like they should, the other teammates/coaches should do everything they can to help out. We should be in panic mode on offense EVERY drive. Not saying that we don't try to score every drive but why wouldn't we do what works every drive. No-huddle is very effective for us yet we do it when it's panic time. 24 points should be enough to beat most teams but we've seen all year that it's not with our D. I wouldn't blame the O entirely, like some people, but they do share some of the blame (even if it is 5% lol). Two times in the redzone with 0 points is unacceptable...don't you think?

Bubby Blister
12-07-2009, 04:19 PM
Earth to Steeler Nation:

A game without Arians making calls on offense would have been great!

The Washington Redskins are better now that Jim Zorn has no control over the offense.

Wake up and smell reality!

HometownGal
12-07-2009, 06:23 PM
Earth to Steeler Nation:

A game without Arians making calls on offense would have been great!

The Washington Redskins are better now that Jim Zorn has no control over the offense.

Wake up and smell reality!

Earth to Bubby Blister:

Get that resume in and don't forget to mention your FF and Madden qualifications. :thumbsup:

SteelStang
12-07-2009, 06:56 PM
For whatever reason, I see some of you living in extremes here. If you do not.....

A. Recognize that our defense has been suspect all season and has been no where near the level of their play last year

AND

B. That BA has not had a good year calling plays and has gone pass-happy on a number of occasions then

you aren't seeing what I am.

It is not one or the other. It is both and the horrendous special teams that have led to this debacle.

xbroughneck
12-07-2009, 07:04 PM
People had a problem with the offensive playcalling in the Raider game???

Huh? Really?

I'm the first to say I don't like having a pass first Steeler offense, but I actually thought our offensive game was called pretty well against the Raiders.

There were a few hiccups here and there, but other than trying to run the ball in the one back set (which wasn't working with the Raiders putting 8 guys in th box) I thought our offensive playcalling was good enough to win against the Raiders.

pepsyman1
12-07-2009, 07:17 PM
I thought we looked incredibly inept in the first half on offense. We had 3 first downs in our first 5 possessions and two of them we on really big plays and only one of them led to any points. We had 3 red zone possessions in the first half that amounted to only 3 points. Not what I would call a ringing endorsement for what we are doing on offense.

I loved Mendi's big run and his touchdown, but if you take his big run out of the stats he ran 43 yards on 19 carries....weak.

stillers4me
12-07-2009, 07:32 PM
Roethlisberger didn't come up short when he audibled for a keeper on a second-and-8 at the Oakland 19 late in the fourth quarter, picking up a first down on the run that set up the scoring pass to Ward.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_656557.html

Looks like at least one scoring drive goes in the Ben column.

X-Terminator
12-07-2009, 09:00 PM

So calling ONE play makes him responsible for the TD? Really? Well then, who called the ensuing play that led to the TD? Who called the plays that came prior to that play? The Jolly Green Giant?

stillers4me
12-07-2009, 09:22 PM
So calling ONE play makes him responsible for the TD? Really? Well then, who called the ensuing play that led to the TD? Who called the plays that came prior to that play? The Jolly Green Giant?

Touchy, aren't we? Ben made a great call. Just giving credit where credit is due.

Texasteel
12-07-2009, 09:32 PM

To be fair, at least one failed drive goes into the Ben column.

X-Terminator
12-08-2009, 12:23 AM
Touchy, aren't we? Ben made a great call. Just giving credit where credit is due.

Fine, give him credit for the call. It WAS a great call. But it seems that when the offense scores a TD, it's all Ben and the offense, but when it fails, it's all on Arians. BA rarely gets credit for anything when the offense is clicking. Plus, Ben was directly responsible for ending yet another drive in the red zone with a pick. So if he's going to get credit, then he should also take some blame...and the reverse is true for Arians. If he's going to get all the blame for everything that goes wrong with the offense, then he should also get "credit where credit is due" when things go well.

WH
12-08-2009, 03:40 AM
Ok, so the D gave up three touchdowns in the 4th to gradkowski.......but held them to 6 points for 3 quarters. Where was the offense then? The Steelers should have been up by 3-4 touchdowns before the beginning of the 4th quarter. There is absolutely no reason that this offense can't, per game, put up 25-35 points.

The defense is equally responsible..... but this thread is discussing our offense's dis-coordinator.

If I see another series go like this

Multiple Tight End set run
Shotgun pass
Punt

I might just swallow my own tongue.

X-Terminator
12-08-2009, 05:14 AM
X...I understand what you're saying. Just looking at it from the other point of view. Of course, the D should do their job but this is a team. When one facet of the team isn't performing like they should, the other teammates/coaches should do everything they can to help out. We should be in panic mode on offense EVERY drive. Not saying that we don't try to score every drive but why wouldn't we do what works every drive. No-huddle is very effective for us yet we do it when it's panic time. 24 points should be enough to beat most teams but we've seen all year that it's not with our D. I wouldn't blame the O entirely, like some people, but they do share some of the blame (even if it is 5% lol). Two times in the redzone with 0 points is unacceptable...don't you think?

OK, I will concede that the offense does deserve some blame for not scoring more points. This game should have been over (though is a game really "over" with this defense?) in the first half. I also agree that the red zone offense has to be better and have said so recently. I'd like to see a TD 8 of every 10 trips into the red zone, which this offense is capable of, but has not been getting it done. And you certainly can't come up empty - 3 points is better than no points. That is the biggest Achilles' heel the offense has had the past 2 seasons and is the one place where I do have a beef with the playcalling. But it is just amazing to me that we actually have fans who are blaming BA and the offense for the defense's struggles late in games. How that is even possible is beyond me, but here we are. The 11 men on defense should be blamed for the problems with the defense. Regardless of how many points they scored or didn't score before the 4th quarter, the fact is that they blew 3 leads in 8 minutes with the game on the line, which is IMO even more unacceptable.

Spidey
12-08-2009, 05:28 AM
How many times over the years has our defense bailed out our offense, countless times, including a few times this season as well.

Remember our defense is missing it's best player and it's best run stuffer.

Who was missing from our offense's starting line-up , no one, maybe, just maybe one day- the offense could bail out the defense now and again.

This Arians/Ben led offense sucks, it is a fact!

WH
12-08-2009, 06:38 AM

::reads this a few times......stands up.....and slowly starts to clap::

Texasteel
12-08-2009, 07:16 AM
OK, so the D gave up three touchdowns in the Th to gradkowski.......but held them to 6 points for 3 quarters. Where was the offense then? The Steelers should have been up by 3-4 touchdowns before the beginning of the Th quarter. There is absolutely no reason that this offense can't, per game, put up 25-35 points.

The defense is equally responsible..... but this thread is discussing our offense's dis-coordinator.

If I see another series go like this

Shotgun pass
Punt

I might just swallow my own tongue.

No, this thread is to hammer BA for the loss of yet another game. Which he didn't.

You can not fairly discuss this without bringing up the fact that the defense has had leads, late in most of the games that they could not protect.

Texasteel
12-08-2009, 07:17 AM
::reads this a few times......stands up.....and slowly starts to clap::

Read this a few times...... stand up........ and slowly back away from the computer.

WH
12-08-2009, 09:00 AM
No, this thread is to hammer BA for the loss of yet another game. Which he didn't.

You can not fairly discuss this without bringing up the fact that the defense has had leads, late in most of the games that they could not protect.

So you don't hold BA or the offense responsible for the 10 points in 3 quarters against an average D?

WH
12-08-2009, 09:01 AM
Read this a few times...... stand up........ and slowly back away from the computer.

you're funny. holy ****, you sure showed me! :coffee:

Texasteel
12-08-2009, 09:20 AM
So you don't hold BA or the offense responsible for the 10 points in 3 quarters against an average D?

I more hold the defense for giving up a good sized lead in the 4th quarter.

Texasteel
12-08-2009, 09:22 AM
you're funny. holy ****, you sure showed me! :coffee:

Didn't intend to show you anything. Just posted my opinion. That seems to bother you.

WH
12-08-2009, 09:30 AM
Didn't intend to show you anything. Just posted my opinion. That seems to bother you.

When your opinion matches that of a Bruce Arians apologist, yeah, it bothers me.

WH
12-08-2009, 09:31 AM
I more hold the defense for giving up a good sized lead in the 4th quarter.

4 points is sizeable?

Texasteel
12-08-2009, 09:39 AM
4 points is sizeable?

The defense was given the lead 3 times in the last quarter. The last time with less than 2 minutes left in the game. Yes I call that sizeable.

Rick5895
12-08-2009, 09:40 AM

The D has shit the bed , over and over again, we all agree on that. One of the biggest culprits of our poor showing on D is the dropped pics. That all being said, the O has to take some of the responsibility here. First I point to the KC game. We had 515 yards of Offense in that game managed only 24 points. That much output by our O should have at least brought 35-40 points, but red zone miscues were the problem (as was a dropped pic in O/T)
Now for the raiders debacle. Three forays into the red zone in the first half, points scored 3. Even if we score only 1 td and another FG we are up 20-6 at the half. Changes the entire complexion of the raiders O moving into the second half.

I am not a fan of B.A. never have been, but he calls a good game-- between the 20's--I don't disagree with the plays so much as formations. YOu want to throw in the red zone, fine, but at least keep a back in the backfield . It keeps the threat of the run in place and holds LB's even a split second.

I don"t agree with Dixon in the red zone running a formation we don't use, recipe for disaster, but bringing him on the field with Ben between the 40's could be interesting.

Texasteel
12-08-2009, 09:42 AM
When your opinion matches that of a Bruce Arians apologist, yeah, it bothers me.

Never apologized once for BA, not my place. If he feels he needs to apologize its up to him. Just giving my opinion of the loss. I don't care if it bothers you or not.

WH
12-08-2009, 09:48 AM
The defense was given the lead 3 times in the last quarter. The last time with less than 2 minutes left in the game. Yes I call that sizeable.

Well then, F the Defense, and F the offense. Both are underperforming and need a switch kick in the ass. Anyone associated with the offense and has a first name starting with B needs to get their shit together.

WH
12-08-2009, 09:49 AM
I don't care if it bothers you or not. Excellent.

Texasteel
12-08-2009, 09:55 AM
Well then, F the Defense, and F the offense. Both are underperforming and need a switch kick in the ass. Anyone associated with the offense and has a first name starting with B needs to get their shit together.

Must be a new kind of fan. I would say F any part of my team.

WH
12-08-2009, 10:33 AM
Must be a new kind of fan. I would say F any part of my team.

A passionately objective fan.....oh my god...imagine that.

SteelMember
12-08-2009, 10:36 AM

This is objective?

WH
12-08-2009, 10:43 AM
This is objective?

If you take the several posts before that one, and including that one. Yeah, objective. But if you want to make yourself feel like a better fan by saying to yourself ''That guy is a shitty fan.'' Be my guest. I know where my loyalties are, and I don't need to prove that to anybody, let alone the members of steelersfever.com.

Imagine how exciting this place would be if everyone just gave yes and no answers.

SteelCityMom
12-08-2009, 11:37 AM
How many times over the years has our defense bailed out our offense, countless times, including a few times this season as well.

Remember our defense is missing it's best player and it's best run stuffer.

Who was missing from our offense's starting line-up , no one, maybe, just maybe one day- the offense could bail out the defense now and again.

I'll agree, over the years, the defense has bailed out the offense. I sure would like a few honest examples of when this happened this year though lol. The Titans game is the only one I can really think of.

And there were players missing from the offense, remember when Ben and Kemo were out? And the O had a lead (albeit a small one) in the 4th? And the D allowed big plays again? Remember when San Diego came to town and the score was 28-0 and the Chargers almost tied the game in the 4th? So Ben and the O went out there and scored some more points to avoid any chance of OT?

The defense bailed the offense out in all kinds of games last year, the offense has been doing its best to do the same for the defense this year, and if it weren't for the defense crumbling when it should be stepping up big time, we wouldn't be having this discussion and everybody would be in la la land because the Steelers would be 10-2 at worst. I haven't even mentioned the breakdowns on STs in some of those games either...

I guess it's just easier to point the blame at the same folks that got the blame last year.

steelax04
12-08-2009, 12:43 PM
I think someone forgot to put blame on the players for their poor execution... of the poorly called plays by the poor offensive coordinator with the poor field position that the poor defense gave them on the poorly sodded field with the poorly trained refs.

I think that covers it.

KeiselPower99
12-08-2009, 02:52 PM
Im so freakin tired of hearing about the wildcat. Its a gimmick.

The_WARDen
12-08-2009, 03:23 PM
I think someone forgot to put blame on the players for their poor execution... of the poorly called plays by the poor offensive coordinator with the poor field position that the poor defense gave them on the poorly sodded field with the poorly trained refs.

I think that covers it.

That was poorly stated.

:chuckle:

T.Richardson
12-08-2009, 05:10 PM
I still dont see how its the offense fault? Sure they didnt score, but they scored when it counted. The offense drove down the field twice and scored, the defense allowed the Raiders to come back.. I still dont see where the offense is at fault.

SteelStang
12-08-2009, 06:54 PM
The thread that wouldn't die!!!!!!!!!!!!!

markymarc
12-08-2009, 09:28 PM
While we are at it why don't we bring back the FB Arians doesn't like to use either :chuckle:

Texasteel
12-09-2009, 12:53 AM
A passionately objective fan.....oh my god...imagine that.

Objective as long as you blindly hate BA, and the offense.

F the offense and the defense is to being a fan IMO.

WH
12-09-2009, 07:02 AM
Objective as long as you blindly hate BA, . Blindly? Are you watching the same football team?

Texasteel
12-09-2009, 07:55 AM
Blindly? Are you watching the same football team?

I don't know, which team are you watching?

As far as the Steelers are concerned I see an offense that has played well enough to win most of the games lost, and a defense that has not been able to protect the lead over and over again, and a defense that has played very poorly at crunch time. I think the last game was an example of that. The defense was given the lead 3 times in the last quarter, the last time with less that 2 minutes left in the game. Not only could they not do the job, but looked lost trying.

I'm not saying that the offense has not had problems and needs attention, I'm not saying that BA has not made the wrong call at times, although sometimes the wrong call depends on the opposing DC guessing right. I am saying that I don't see the God awful game plans that some are talking about, and I am saying that the defense has played just awful at times that we needed them the most. I personally think that the defense desires the lions share of the blame, but these losses are still team losses, and to point to any one person or play as the reason we lost is just not reasonable.

I also believe that you said "F the offense and the defense" because you were frustrated with me, and probably don't really mean it.

HometownGal
12-09-2009, 08:46 AM
Blindly? Are you watching the same football team?

Well - I can't speak for Tex (seems he's already replied), but I can tell you I'm watching a football team with an offense that has put up 20 points or more in 8 of 12 games, more than enough to win. I just can't fathom how anyone who is really paying attention, especially in the 4th quarter of these losses, can rationally put the blame on the O. :doh:

WH
12-09-2009, 09:43 AM
I'm not excusing the defense in any way. This isn't a ''bash the defense'' thread. I'm bashing Bruce Arians because he calls a never changing game plan, that makes the offense lackadaisical all game. Until, that is, until the 4th quarter when they go into ''Oh shit'' mode and Ben takes over, moves the ball and they score points.

If Bruce Arians didn't have Ben Roethlisberger as a QB to cover up his shit playcalling, he would look so bad he couldn't get a job as a high school head coach.

again, the defense is NOT excused.

HometownGal
12-09-2009, 09:48 AM
I'm not excusing the defense in any way. This isn't a ''bash the defense'' thread. I'm bashing Bruce Arians because he calls a never changing game plan, that makes the offense lackadaisical all game. Until, that is, until the 4th quarter when they go into ''Oh shit'' mode and Ben takes over, moves the ball and they score points.

If Bruce Arians didn't have Ben Roethlisberger as a QB to cover up his shit playcalling, he would look so bad he couldn't get a job as a high school head coach.

again, the defense is NOT excused.

Scoring 20+ points in 8 of 12 games is "lackadaisical"? Wow.

Why do I have the feeling that you are one of these "fans" who looks for something - anything - to hate on? If Arians is gone next season (which I don't believe he will be), you'll find someone else to witch hunt. Very sad. :shake01:

Steel_12
12-09-2009, 11:21 AM
OK, I will concede that the offense does deserve some blame for not scoring more points. This game should have been over (though is a game really "over" with this defense?) in the first half. I also agree that the red zone offense has to be better and have said so recently. I'd like to see a TD 8 of every 10 trips into the red zone, which this offense is capable of, but has not been getting it done. And you certainly can't come up empty - 3 points is better than no points. That is the biggest Achilles' heel the offense has had the past 2 seasons and is the one place where I do have a beef with the playcalling. But it is just amazing to me that we actually have fans who are blaming BA and the offense for the defense's struggles late in games. How that is even possible is beyond me, but here we are. The 11 men on defense should be blamed for the problems with the defense. Regardless of how many points they scored or didn't score before the 4th quarter, the fact is that they blew 3 leads in 8 minutes with the game on the line, which is IMO even more unacceptable.

I agree...hopefully we score 40 on the Browns or have a 5 TD lead going into the 4th lol

Steel_12
12-09-2009, 11:30 AM
I still dont see how its the offense fault? Sure they didnt score, but they scored when it counted. The offense drove down the field twice and scored, the defense allowed the Raiders to come back.. I still dont see where the offense is at fault.

We scored in panic mode...why can't we do that the whole game? It makes no sense to me to go through the motions on Offense until we need to score points.

Psyychoward86
12-09-2009, 11:33 AM
This thread is full of fizzlehoppin' bullshine!

Nadroj 20
12-09-2009, 11:33 AM
We scored in panic mode...why can't we do that the whole game? It makes no sense to me to go through the motions on Offense until we need to score points.

It would be nice to do that the whole game but they didnt and when it was time to step up they finally did, and the defense let up a 90 yard game winning drive.

Offense has problems for sure but to put the entire blame on them isnt right IMO(not talking directly to you Steel just making a statement)

Psyychoward86
12-09-2009, 11:39 AM

worked for us last year :noidea:

Steel_12
12-09-2009, 11:42 AM
It would be nice to do that the whole game but they didnt and when it was time to step up they finally did, and the defense let up a 90 yard game winning drive.

Offense has problems for sure but to put the entire blame on them isnt right IMO(not talking directly to you Steel just making a statement)

Everybody pretty much agrees that our Offense has the potential to score in bunches. Why do we shut down after a big lead knowing that our Defense is TRASH this year? We've never had that kill mentality...and that was fine back when our defense was great but this defense if far from great so IMO we need to have that kill mentality!!! We could easily avg. 30 points a game...IMO.

Steel_12
12-09-2009, 11:46 AM
worked for us last year :noidea:

True but last year our D shut people down in the 4th.

Nadroj 20
12-09-2009, 11:52 AM
Everybody pretty much agrees that our Offense has the potential to score in bunches. Why do we shut down after a big lead knowing that our Defense is TRASH this year? We've never had that kill mentality...and that was fine back when our defense was great but this defense if far from great so IMO we need to have that kill mentality!!! We could easily avg. 30 points a game...IMO.

IMO our Defense just needs to get better lol, they're still a good D they need to play like it.

WH
12-09-2009, 02:07 PM
Scoring 20+ points in 8 of 12 games is "lackadaisical"? Wow.

If you are happy with an offense that has the talent to score 25-30, or more, points scoring 20 and leaving 5-20 points on the field in most games....than you need to have better expectations of this squad.

Why do I have the feeling that you are one of these "fans" who looks for something - anything - to hate on? If Arians is gone next season (which I don't believe he will be), you'll find someone else to witch hunt. Very sad. :shake01:
I don't look for something - anything - to hate on, what I'm hating on is in plain site in this case. And referring to my disdain for Bruce Arians as a which hunt indicates that you don't, or refuse to, see how big of a problem his performance as an OC really is. Very, very sad. :shake01:

Nadroj 20
12-09-2009, 02:39 PM
If you are happy with an offense that has the talent to score 25-30, or more, points scoring 20 and leaving 5-20 points on the field in most games....than you need to have better expectations of this squad.

I don't look for something - anything - to hate on, what I'm hating on is in plain site in this case. And referring to my disdain for Bruce Arians as a which hunt indicates that you don't, or refuse to, see how big of a problem his performance as an OC really is. Very, very sad. :shake01:

All i can do is laugh at this :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

WH
12-09-2009, 03:54 PM

You don't find his offense the least bit predictable?

Psyychoward86
12-09-2009, 03:55 PM

u dont find the wildcat the least bit laughable?

WH
12-09-2009, 04:07 PM
u dont find the wildcat the least bit laughable?

As a basis for an entire offense? yes

As a formation that could further utilize some of the talent on your team by using it every so often and help put points on the board? no.

It's not like the original poster is advocating the A-11 offense. It's not like I'm advocating it either. I'm advocating BA's Offensive playcalling be less predictable than it has been week in and week out.

HometownGal
12-09-2009, 04:35 PM

Absolutely we have the "potential" to score a lot of points, but why should it be left up to the O to win games? (I felt this same way last season when the D was bailing out the O). Football is supposed to be a team sport and every unit should do what they are expected to do to ensure that W. Imho - this season, the O is pretty much doing what they are expected to do by putting up points on the board and taking leads deep into the 4th Q. The Steelers D, especially the secondary, is simply not doing what is expected of them and are handing over W's that should have been ours.

As far as the "kill mentality" - I could care less about that. To me, it doesn't matter if the Steelers win by a point or by 100 points - a win is a win is a win.

HometownGal
12-09-2009, 04:37 PM

If I didn't expect that reply, I could laugh at it, but since it was exactly what I expected, I just continue to :shake02: :chuckle:

WH
12-09-2009, 04:44 PM
If I didn't expect that reply, I could laugh at it, but since it was exactly what I expected, I just continue to :shake02: :chuckle:

Way to be condescending. Congratulations, you win at the internetz.

Imho lol, if only it were humble.....

Steel_12
12-09-2009, 05:01 PM
Absolutely we have the "potential" to score a lot of points, but why should it be left up to the O to win games? (I felt this same way last season when the D was bailing out the O). Football is supposed to be a team sport and every unit should do what they are expected to do to ensure that W. Imho - this season, the O is pretty much doing what they are expected to do by putting up points on the board and taking leads deep into the 4th Q. The Steelers D, especially the secondary, is simply not doing what is expected of them and are handing over W's that should have been ours.

As far as the "kill mentality" - I could care less about that. To me, it doesn't matter if the Steelers win by a point or by 100 points - a win is a win is a win.

But see...last year the Defense bailed out the Offense. It should be the other way around this year. As you said, it's a team game and when you see your teammate struggling you should do what you can to help them out. We scored with Oakland in the 4th quarter...moved the ball easily down the field...why not do that EVERY quarter? We take leads in the 4th, yes, but we're only up by a TD or less (besides the SD game). If the Defense didn't bail out the Offense last year, we wouldn't have come close to winning the Super Bowl. The Offense is doing just enough when they should be doing more seeing how we can't stop my High School team (which hasn't won a damn football game in the last 2 years) from scoring in the 4th quarter.

I agree a win is a win but putting the game out of hand when we can is even better.

WH
12-09-2009, 05:17 PM
But see...last year the Defense bailed out the Offense. It should be the other way around this year. As you said, it's a team game and when you see your teammate struggling you should do what you can to help them out. We scored with Oakland in the 4th quarter...moved the ball easily down the field...why not do that EVERY quarter? We take leads in the 4th, yes, but we're only up by a TD or less (besides the SD game). If the Defense didn't bail out the Offense last year, we wouldn't have come close to winning the Super Bowl. The Offense is doing just enough when they should be doing more seeing how we can't stop my High School team (which hasn't won a damn football game in the last 2 years) from scoring in the 4th quarter.

I agree a win is a win but putting the game out of hand when we can is even better.

If i may add....the further ahead your team is will make the other team more one dimensional and in turn easier to defend against.

Steel_12
12-09-2009, 05:19 PM
If i may add....the further ahead your team is will make the other team more one dimensional and in turn easier to defend against.

But to be fair, Chicago and Cincy (1st game) had to pass and we couldn't stop them either.

WH
12-09-2009, 05:30 PM
But to be fair, Chicago and Cincy (1st game) had to pass and we couldn't stop them either.

Your comment makes me miss Bryant McFadden.

HometownGal
12-09-2009, 05:36 PM
Way to be condescending. Congratulations, you win at the internetz.

lol, if only it were humble.....

Sorry, bud - I don't agree with your position here one iota and if you take my replies as being "condescending", so be it. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

Your signature speaks for itself on how "humble" you are. And you call yourself a Steelers fan?

HometownGal
12-09-2009, 05:43 PM

I think the offense has done everything possible to "help out its teammate (i.e. the D)" for the most part this season. Once again - they carried leads (or gained a lead) deep in the 4th Q's of most of the games we've lost. I believe they've done what has been asked of them.

Not every play in every quarter is going to be effective, Steel_12, and as I've stated before, there are DC's on every team who are paid to analyze and scheme to stop the opposing offense. We're not going to score in every quarter - I don't think there is a team out there who does in every single game. As long as we have more points on the board at the end of the game than our opponent, that's fine by me. Remember - it's not how you start, but how you finish. :drink:

I'm sorry about your team, but keep the faith. What position do you play?

Steel_12
12-09-2009, 05:48 PM
I think the offense has done everything possible to "help out its teammate (i.e. the D)" for the most part this season. Once again - they carried leads (or gained a lead) deep in the 4th Q's of most of the games we've lost. I believe they've done what has been asked of them.

Not every play in every quarter is going to be effective, Steel_12, and as I've stated before, there are DC's on every team who are paid to analyze and scheme to stop the opposing offense. We're not going to score in every quarter - I don't think there is a team out there who does in every single game. As long as we have more points on the board at the end of the game than our opponent, that's fine by me. Remember - it's not how you start, but how you finish. :drink:

I'm sorry about your team, but keep the faith. What position do you play?

Ok...agree to disagree

I understand what you're saying...lol...believe me, I do. But we don't have more points on the board at the end of games and missed points are what's bothering me more than anything. Like somebody stated earlier, we had over 500 total yards vs. KC but struggled to build a big lead when the defense did it's job the first 3 1/2 quarters.

Ummm...I'm 31 years old lol. My old HS sucks in football and has sucked since I was there.

Nadroj 20
12-09-2009, 05:49 PM

I think his play calling is fine, our offense isnt the problem IMO, but hey thats what i think

22 ppg is good for a team that is suppose to be known for DEFENSE.

HometownGal
12-09-2009, 06:15 PM
Ok...agree to disagree

I understand what you're saying...lol...believe me, I do. But we don't have more points on the board at the end of games and missed points are what's bothering me more than anything. Like somebody stated earlier, we had over 500 total yards vs. KC but struggled to build a big lead when the defense did it's job the first 3 1/2 quarters.

Ummm...I'm 31 years old lol. My old HS sucks in football and has sucked since I was there.

We would have more points on the board at the end of games if the D would do what is asked and expected of them, which is holding the lead and not allowing our opponents to put points on the board - especially as time is ticking off the clock late in the 4Q. :drink:

In the KC game, since you mentioned it - again - it's not how you start but how you finish. The O gave the team a 17-7 lead at the half. Our D gave up a TD (again) late in the game when the Steelers had the lead which forced OT. On a 3rd and 5, Cassel scorched our secondary for 61 yards which led to the GW FG. I don't like our guys leaving points on the field either but common sense tells you unfortunately, that's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes in the NFL.

Sorry - I must have misread your earlier post and I didn't recall your age. :drink:

WH
12-10-2009, 01:26 AM
Sorry, bud - I don't agree with your position here one iota and if you take my replies as being "condescending", so be it. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

Your signature speaks for itself on how "humble" you are. And you call yourself a Steelers fan?
You're difference in opinions isn't what I consider condescending. It's your attitude.

What's your paypal address, I'd like to send you a dollar so you can buy a clue.

and yes I do call myself a Steelers fan....since when do signatures have anything to with whether or not someone is a fan or not? How jävlar snobby can you be?

Texasteel
12-10-2009, 05:29 AM
You're difference in opinions isn't what I consider condescending. It's your attitude.

You attitude that anyone that doesn't agree with you doesn't understand or refuses to see as well as you do is what is condescending. You used the same attitude with me and it didn't work that time either.

What's your paypal address, I'd like to send you a dollar so you can buy a clue.

Thats certainly no condescending. If you have a dollar, use it to buy you own clue.

and yes I do call myself a Steelers fan....since when do signatures have anything to with whether or not someone is a fan or not? How snobby can you be?

Why did you change the color of the leaf, and what kind of leaf is that, cupcake.

WH
12-10-2009, 06:22 AM
Why did you change the color of the leaf, and what kind of leaf is that, cupcake.

It's a marijuana leaf, Tex. Inserted into the middle of Santonio Holmes' (the player that plead guilty to marijuana possession and got no more than a tiny slap on the wrist because he was a Steeler) name. I changed the color of the leaf out of spite, who knows maybe having a Gold leaf instead of a green one might qualify me as a better fan to our wonderful moderators.:rolleyes: . And now that i've changed it... I actually think it looks better now.

I have a clue, sir.

I don't believe her difference in opinion is condescending. I believe her smarmy remarks regarding the predictability of my response a page or two ago was condescending.

HometownGal
12-10-2009, 06:25 AM

and yes I do call myself a Steelers fan....since when do signatures have anything to with whether or not someone is a fan or not? How snobby can you be?

#1. Personally, I don't care what you think of me. I'm not here to win a popularity contest - I'm here to discuss Steelers football and sports. If I don't agree with someone's post, I speak up - nothing wrong with that. If I come across someone (like you) who seems to be here only to B & M, I speak my mind as do a lot of others around here.

#2. You don't see how your signature is offensive (and your User Name)??? :doh: Taking a shot at Santonio Holmes by posting a marijuana leaf in his name in your signature and using a moniker of "wineshard" is being a "fan"??? :doh: I think you'd better keep that dollar and I'll throw in a dollar so you can buy yourself two clues.

#3. I don't appreciate being sworn at, thank you. Besides - F bombs are not permitted in this forum, so I removed it, creampuff.

WH
12-10-2009, 06:40 AM
#1. Personally, I don't care what you think of me. I'm not here to win a popularity contest - I'm here to discuss Steelers football and sports. If I don't agree with someone's post, I speak up - nothing wrong with that. If I come across someone (like you) who seems to be here only to B & M, I speak my mind as do a lot of others around here. :hatsoff:

#2. You don't see how your signature is offensive (and your User Name)??? :doh: Taking a shot at Santonio Holmes by posting a marijuana leaf in his name in your signature and using a moniker of "wineshard" is being a "fan"??? :doh: I think you'd better keep that dollar and I'll throw in a dollar so you can buy yourself two clues.

I've used that name for many years. No one has ever mentioned it being a slight until now. Oh no! my world is crumbling down around me! Why do you think it's ok to just forget that one of our players was arrested for drug possession? Do you think what he did is ok? Do you think the punishment fit the crime?

#3. I don't appreciate being sworn at, thank you. Besides - F bombs are not permitted in this forum, so I removed it, creampuff.such power :nw:

zulater
12-10-2009, 07:07 AM

Can't see where this is an unreasonable position? I don't remember thinking the offensive output didn't match the talent level when Whisenhunt was the OC. Yards are nothing but fluff if the points doint match up.

Texasteel
12-10-2009, 07:37 AM
It's a marijuana leaf, Tex. Inserted into the middle of Santonio Holmes' (the player that plead guilty to marijuana possession and got no more than a tiny slap on the wrist because he was a Steeler) name. I changed the color of the leaf out of spite, who knows maybe having a Gold leaf instead of a green one might qualify me as a better fan to our wonderful moderators.:rolleyes: . And now that i've changed it... I actually think it looks better now.

I have a clue, sir.

I don't believe her difference in opinion is condescending. I believe her smarmy remarks regarding the predictability of my response a page or two ago was condescending.

Is that to be disrespectful, or just cute. If you use the same standard toward many of us you may find yourself standing alone. I find it offensive as well, but I may be in the minority.

Many of us here have a clue as well.

I think you may have been a little over sensitive. I don't know many of snobs here.

fansince'76
12-10-2009, 08:39 AM
such power :nw:

Yet another "Internet Tuff Guy." How original. :yawn:

Steel_12
12-10-2009, 08:52 AM
We would have more points on the board at the end of games if the D would do what is asked and expected of them, which is holding the lead and not allowing our opponents to put points on the board - especially as time is ticking off the clock late in the 4Q. :drink:

In the KC game, since you mentioned it - again - it's not how you start but how you finish. The O gave the team a 17-7 lead at the half. Our D gave up a TD (again) late in the game when the Steelers had the lead which forced OT. On a 3rd and 5, Cassel scorched our secondary for 61 yards which led to the GW FG. I don't like our guys leaving points on the field either but common sense tells you unfortunately, that's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes in the NFL.

Sorry - I must have misread your earlier post and I didn't recall your age. :drink:

It goes both ways though, HTG. As you said, the other team pays players to play defense and coaches to strategize how to shut down the other team's Offense (or something like that)...Same for the offense of the other team.

In the KC game, since you mentioned it - a third time lol - The offense had the ball first in OT. After Ben got hurt, Charlie threw a nice pass to Santonio. Do you remember the worst play call of this year? A sweep to our slowest RB on the team!!! If we are trying to win the game and bail out our sorry Defense, why that play (which put us out of FG range to win the game)?

No biggie...I don't look 31...still get carded :drink:

X-Terminator
12-10-2009, 10:22 AM

and yes I do call myself a Steelers fan....since when do signatures have anything to with whether or not someone is a fan or not? How jävlar snobby can you be?

You complain about her remarks being condescending...then proceed to be condescending in your own right. :noidea:

If you're going to complain about it, NOT doing it in turn makes you look a little better. You have also been condescending to anyone else who doesn't agree with your opinion, so spare us the righteous indignation.

And besides, your post in question was predictable, in the sense that it was the common theme of the BA haters. Nothing he ever does is right, everything he does is wrong. If more of you were a little more objective, then maybe your opinion would be more receptive. No, instead it's "he sucks, fire him!" - the typical call of your typical Steelers fan.

And as far as your sig and SN goes, the first time I saw you post, I thought you were another troll, until I saw your avatar. You do know that most opposing fans call Hines "Wines Hard" as a slight? And the sig...well, what else are people supposed to think when they see it? It's not something you would think a Steelers fan would have as their sig.

Nadroj 20
12-10-2009, 10:28 AM
such power :nw:

Hey i saw your name and sig too and seriously thought you liked another team and you were just trolling our board...it only made sense to me.

The_WARDen
12-10-2009, 10:31 AM
You complain about her remarks being condescending...then proceed to be condescending in your own right. :noidea:

If you're going to complain about it, NOT doing it in turn makes you look a little better. You have also been condescending to anyone else who doesn't agree with your opinion, so spare us the righteous indignation.

And besides, your post in question was predictable, in the sense that it was the common theme of the BA haters. Nothing he ever does is right, everything he does is wrong. If more of you were a little more objective, then maybe your opinion would be more receptive. No, instead it's "he sucks, fire him!" - the typical call of your typical Steelers fan.

And as far as your sig and SN goes, the first time I saw you post, I thought you were another troll, until I saw your avatar. You do know that most opposing fans call Hines "Wines Hard" as a slight? And the sig...well, what else are people supposed to think when they see it? It's not something you would think a Steelers fan would have as their sig.

In my experiences if it looks like a troll, sounds like a troll, and annoys like a troll,
then...

zulater
12-10-2009, 11:03 AM
In my experiences if it looks like a troll, sounds like a troll, and annoys like a troll,
then...

Well you assumed wrong, he's not a troll. Just a Steelers fan with an ironic quality to him. Mary Ann knows me and she knows I wouldn't vouch for a troll. :coffee:

43Hitman
12-10-2009, 11:52 AM
Well you assumed wrong, he's not a troll. Just a Steelers fan with an ironic quality to him. Mary Ann knows me and she knows I wouldn't vouch for a troll. :coffee:

What if he is acting like a troll? Is that liquor in your coffee?

WH
12-10-2009, 12:35 PM
What if he is acting like a troll? Is that liquor in your coffee?

Depends on your definition of a troll.

43Hitman
12-10-2009, 03:12 PM
Depends on your definition of a troll.

Are you saying that your present attitude in this thread could be interpreted as trolling?

WH
12-10-2009, 04:11 PM
Are you saying that your present attitude in this thread could be interpreted as trolling?

Ah! That person's opinion differs from ours! He's a TROLL!!!!

You'll notice that my attitude doesn't carry from thread to thread. Nor do my qualms that I may or may not have with the people in this thread. Not very troll-like characteristics.

43Hitman
12-10-2009, 04:25 PM
Ah! That person's opinion differs from ours! He's a TROLL!!!!

You'll notice that my attitude doesn't carry from thread to thread. Nor do my qualms that I may or may not have with the people in this thread. Not very troll-like characteristics.

I never said that because you have a different opinion that you must be a troll, so please don't put words into my mouth. Seems like your posts were meant to agitate a mod? Such as your "such power :nw:" comment. It seemed a bit condescending, and somewhat trollish, and is exactly what you are claiming to be a victim of yourself. To me, that seems like you want to establish a double standard.

WH
12-10-2009, 05:36 PM
I never said that because you have a different opinion that you must be a troll, so please don't put words into my mouth. Seems like your posts were meant to agitate a mod? Such as your "such power :nw:" comment. It seemed a bit condescending, and somewhat trollish, and is exactly what you are claiming to be a victim of yourself. To me, that seems like you want to establish a double standard.
Sir, I was not putting words in your mouth. We clearly have a different opinion of what kind of attitude a troll has. If you know of a place where a troll's attitude is defined or explained, please show me.

To me a troll is someone who tries to disrupt the flow of an entire message board via spamming or other malicious acts that affect the whole board. I am not trying to disrupt the flow of this entire message board, I am merely having a discussion/argument with someone I disagree with.

If my back and forth with Hometown was bothering you or her to the point where you considered it ''trollish'', all anyone needed to do was say ''off topic- take it to pm'' and I would have been more than happy to.
If having a bad attitude towards someone in a thread is considered trolling than there are far more trolls on the interenet than we all would like to think.

If my ''such power'' remark was offbase; so was publicly announcing that one of my posts was edited for violating the T&C's. Publicly stating the actions taken in this instance came across to me as a condescending statement of power. To which I responded to in sarcasm.

It is completely clear to me what kind of power she wields as a mod. It seems like it would have been the professional thing to do to just delete the violation and send the reasoning in PM.
But that's just my 2 cents.

My words were directed at a poster, who happens to be a mod. I would hate to think that anyone would curve their opinions or words to someone just because the color of their usename is different. It's not fair to the discussion or the poster.

I did not target Hometown in any specific fashion because of her blue username. Nor have I ever ''targeted'' a mod or regular poster on this board from start to finish.

If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to PM me.

If you or any of the other mods would care to remove this post, or any of my other posts in this thread, feel free.