PDA

View Full Version : Again, it's only a game guys

GridironWarrior
12-06-2009, 08:43 PM
Christmas is almost upon us, shouldn't we be more concern with spending time with our loved ones? Sure it stinks to lose but when I look at my wife and daughter I feel a whole lot better. Life isn't only about Steelers football you know. Too many people around here have their priorities mixed up.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
12-06-2009, 08:47 PM
Very true.

LVSteelersfan
12-06-2009, 08:52 PM
AMEN. You are totally right. I spent a lot of years getting my blood pressure raised because I got so mad when they lost. Today I came home from the Steelers bar and helped my wife wrap some presents. I was not swearing or not talking to her like I used to with my ex-wife. Part of the reason she is my ex-wife. I will not make that mistake again. There is more to life than winning or losing a game. Not saying I am not still a diehard fan. I am one of the diehardiest. I just get over the losses a lot faster now. We were in the game until the last 9 seconds. It is just something that happens some years. The sun still shines. The stars are out tonight. Lighten up those of you who can't handle a loss with dignity.

tony hipchest
12-06-2009, 08:56 PM
Christmas is almost upon us, shouldn't we be more concern with spending time with our loved ones? Sure it stinks to lose but when I look at my wife and daughter I feel a whole lot better. Life isn't only about Steelers football you know. Too many people around here have their priorities mixed up.

youre right. i think i will go join a martha stewart messageboard so i can appropriately decorate the front door for the season.

in the meantime, this board is about steelers football. :busted:

go police thoughts elsewhere.

fansince'76
12-06-2009, 09:00 PM

Didn't you kinda just do the same thing? :noidea:

X-Terminator
12-06-2009, 09:01 PM
youre right. i think i will go join a martha stewart messageboard so i can appropriately decorate the front door for the season.

Not policing thoughts, as much as asking people to realize what's really important.

You can discuss Steelers football without getting all worked up and bent out of shape. Too many people take this way too seriously.

steel-tex
12-06-2009, 09:01 PM
haha thats pretty funny !!

GridironWarrior
12-06-2009, 09:42 PM

Not policing thoughts, just trying to help those who seem some angry and down about a game.

Steeldude
12-06-2009, 09:45 PM

huh? who on here has even hinted at ignoring their families due to football?

GridironWarrior
12-06-2009, 09:51 PM
Not policing thoughts, as much as asking people to realize what's really important.

You can discuss Steelers football without getting all worked up and bent out of shape. Too many people take this way too seriously.

Exactly!

tony hipchest
12-06-2009, 10:20 PM
i formally request that this board add a Mr. Rogers Neighborhood forum, for all the "positive paulas to post in, and not feel offended.

in the meantime, i gotta question any fan who doesnt think a 4 game losing streak from the defending champions, doesnt suck...

stillers4me
12-06-2009, 10:25 PM
i formally request that this board add a Mr. Rogers Neighborhood forum, for all the "positive paulas to post in, and not feel offended.

in the meantime, i gotta question any fan who doesnt think a 4 game losing streak from the defending champions, doesnt suck...

I am a Steelers fan for life, win or lose. I'll always wear my colors proudly, win or lose. But losing like this, with the star power and talent on this team just plain sucks.

And since when can't we give rep to anybody we want to? It keeps telling me I'm luvin' on Tony too much. :wink02:

Whodathunk? :chuckle:

Steeler
12-06-2009, 10:30 PM
Kumba Ya!! Let's just be thankful we have a roof over our head and that santa will bring us all the toys and happiness we could ever want. Isn't life swell?

tony hipchest
12-06-2009, 10:34 PM
I am a Steelers fan for life, win or lose. I'll always wear my colors proudly, win or lose. But losing like this, with the star power and talent on this team just plain sucks.

And since when can't we give rep to anybody we want to? It keeps telling me I'm luvin' on Tony too much. :wink02:

Whodathunk? :chuckle:lol... :hug:

yeah, the whole rep feature is sorta out of whack these days. its not as if "rep points" even count or mean anything.

its just a twitter version of PM'ing and definitely beats spamming the boards with a bunch of "you rock" or "i agree" posts...

or my favorite mb post that adds absolutely nothing to the board or conversation-

+1

tony hipchest
12-06-2009, 10:35 PM
Kumba Ya!! Let's just be thankful we have a roof over our head and that santa will bring us all the toys and happiness we could ever want. Isn't life swell?

... +1

tony hipchest
12-06-2009, 10:36 PM

Whodathunk? :chuckle:

+1

(looks like i cant rep ya back)

Steeler
12-06-2009, 10:39 PM
+1.

GridironWarrior
12-06-2009, 11:07 PM
It's called perspective, a 4 game losing streak stinks but it's no reason for some posters to get bent out of shape like it's the end of the world. I for one am glad that I don't let the Steelers success dictate how I enjoy life. I've been a Steeler fan for years but all the yelling for firing so and so and cutting so and having tantrums isn't going to get anything done.

fansince'76
12-06-2009, 11:11 PM

Nope, I think I'm gonna slit my wrists over this. What's the point of going on? :coffee:

tony hipchest
12-06-2009, 11:21 PM
I've been a Steeler fan for years but all the yelling for firing so and so and cutting so and having tantrums isn't going to get anything done.posting ANYTHING on this board gets NOTHING done.

how is that for perspective? :coffee:

tony hipchest
12-06-2009, 11:22 PM
posting ANYTHING on this board gets NOTHING done.

...+1

MACH1
12-06-2009, 11:24 PM

What are you saying? They don't read this and take our advise? Thats news to me.:chuckle:

GridironWarrior
12-06-2009, 11:39 PM

You are a great example of this. Ignore time for you. Have fun worrying more about a game than enjoying life. I feel for you, I really do.

stb_steeler
12-07-2009, 12:29 AM
Waa Waa Waa, man you'd thought this was a Browns board.......Geeeeez this team has 6 SB's an some still arent satisfied. Steelers cant win em all :doh: We all get mad at the loses and it stinks but you know what? We dont run the team, We dont call the plays, We dont dictate the next draft prospect, We dont pick the next HC,OC,DF,ST. man i guess winning does spoil ya sometimes. :coffee: