PDA

View Full Version : Even the media says to fire Tomlin

toughsticks87
12-06-2009, 08:30 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/303932-steelers-report-cardweek-12-paging-shanahan-paging-mike-shanahan#poll

Paul Ladewski is saying to fire Tomlin and Hire Shanehan. I couldn't disagree more, I think we've found a great HC, and need to stick with him through the thick and thin and have faith in him. Thoughts?

Bluedust
12-06-2009, 08:34 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/303932-steelers-report-cardweek-12-paging-shanahan-paging-mike-shanahan#poll

Paul Ladewski is saying to fire Tomlin and Hire Shanehan. I couldn't disagree more, I think we've found a great HC, and need to stick with him through the thick and thin and have faith in him. Thoughts?

lol, gotta be a troll article.

fansince'76
12-06-2009, 08:36 PM
Um, "Bleacher report" isn't the media. A 12-year-old with a PC and Internet access can "write" for Bleacher Report.

Stupid "article."

Neil-Still-Rules-14
12-06-2009, 08:36 PM
If there's one thing I've learned in my life, it's that the media is ALWAYS right. Of course Tomlin should be fired. (sarcasm)

stillers4me
12-06-2009, 08:37 PM
"Even the media".........? I don't recall one single, serious poster calling to fire Tomlin. That is beyond stupid.

I do agree with one part of that article though..

3. Of all the questionable moves, the decision to attempt a 53-yard field goal with a four-point lead in the fourth quarter made the least sense of all. Jeff Reed could kick from now until next happy hour and not make one of those. Better to pin the other team inside the 10-yard line and hope for the best.

Although I have to admit, to have recently concussed Ben Roethlisberger stick his head in the pile on four-and-short in the first period was a close second on the dumb list.

steel9guy
12-06-2009, 08:37 PM
STUPID MEDIA IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Trying to create controversy. He should be fired from bleacher report.

toughsticks87
12-06-2009, 08:38 PM
I was trying to emphasize how quickly people panic when things go south.

Bluedust
12-06-2009, 08:41 PM
STUPID MEDIA IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Trying to create controversy. He should be fired from bleacher report.

His job is to make you do exactly what you just did.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
12-06-2009, 08:43 PM
"The fact is that the Steelers have underachieved in two of the three seasons that Tomlin has been around."

haha. so they're supposed to win the Super Bowl every year? If so, Noll and Walsh had a lot of underachieving seasons too.

Angus Burgher
12-06-2009, 08:45 PM
3. Of all the questionable moves, the decision to attempt a 53-yard field goal with a four-point lead in the fourth quarter made the least sense of all. Jeff Reed could kick from now until next happy hour and not make one of those. Better to pin the other team inside the 10-yard line and hope for the best.

Although I have to admit, to have recently concussed Ben Roethlisberger stick his head in the pile on four-and-short in the first period was a close second on the dumb list.

Yep, those were two of the worst coach decisions I've seen in a while. And they both came around to bite us in the ass.

I do also wonder how we'd be with a guy like Shanahan at the helm. I'm not trying to advocate for firing Tomlin... I have said things like that before in moments of rage, but I've calmed down a bit... but Shanahan knew how to handle gunslingers like Elway. He had similar success with Cutler... unfortunately, Denver's defense fell apart, which led to his firing. Still, I wonder what he could cook up with Big Ben.

On the other hand though, I still don't think the offense is the problem. It could use some improvement (a bit too many 3 and outs for my taste) but they're still capable of impressive drives. The defense is what's killing us, so I don't know if a guy like Shanahan would help in the long run.

stillers4me
12-06-2009, 08:46 PM
"The fact is that the Steelers have underachieved in two of the three seasons that Tomlin has been around."

In comparison to the 29 other teams that didn't win a superbowl in those three years?

steelbad@50
12-06-2009, 08:49 PM
I was trying to emphasize how quickly people panic when things go south.Been a Steeler fan for 35 years, seen things go south before with this team. Didn't matter to me then and it sure as hell doesnt matter now, STEELER FAN FOR LIFE BABY:tt03:

willie_district
12-06-2009, 08:50 PM
That article is worse than our DB play.

Shea
12-06-2009, 08:50 PM

I didn't like the call on this one either. Not because we didn't get the first down, but it's just not the play you call when your quarterback might still have some bees buzzin around in his head.

stillers4me
12-06-2009, 08:52 PM
I didn't like the call on this one either. Not because we didn't get the first down, but it's just not the play you call when your quarterback might still have some bees buzzin around in his head.

That was the dumbest call I've seen in a long time.

silver & black
12-06-2009, 08:56 PM
LOL... the only way Tomlin gets fired is if your owner's name is Al Davis.

tyler289
12-06-2009, 08:58 PM
*sigh*

Again, can we please put a ban on posting bleacher report articles?

SteelC7
12-06-2009, 08:58 PM
gotta keep tomlin, were lucky to have found a good head coach, now i dont know about the whole offensive staff, they suck, and so does everybody on the defennsive side besides lebeau

GridironWarrior
12-06-2009, 09:00 PM
Yep, those were two of the worst coach decisions I've seen in a while. And they both came around to bite us in the ass.

I do also wonder how we'd be with a guy like Shanahan at the helm. I'm not trying to advocate for firing Tomlin... I have said things like that before in moments of rage, but I've calmed down a bit... but Shanahan knew how to handle gunslingers like Elway. He had similar success with Cutler... unfortunately, Denver's defense fell apart, which led to his firing. Still, I wonder what he could cook up with Big Ben.

On the other hand though, I still don't think the offense is the problem. It could use some improvement (a bit too many 3 and outs for my taste) but they're still capable of impressive drives. The defense is what's killing us, so I don't know if a guy like Shanahan would help in the long run.

Eh I wouldn't want Shanahan, he mostly focused on Offense too much and our D would suffer. I'm happy with Tomlin. Sure he makes mistakes but he's human.

stillers4me
12-06-2009, 09:00 PM
gotta keep tomlin, were lucky to have found a good head coach, now i dont know about the whole offensive staff, they suck, and so does everybody on the defennsive side besides lebeau

Being without Dick LeBeau is just.......a scary thought.

tony hipchest
12-06-2009, 09:01 PM
tomlin had to coach this game with his balls instead of his brain.

he had to back up his "unleash hell" comments.

unfortunately it backfired, and players "execution" cannot erase that.

with that being said, there is not another HC i would want... especially shanarat.

jjpro11
12-06-2009, 09:48 PM
wow.. i have now seen it all following a loss (or losses) on this board.

MaidenIndiana
12-06-2009, 09:54 PM
Anybody who seriously thinks that Tomlin should be fired is seriously an idiot

MACH1
12-06-2009, 10:15 PM

So whats Cowher doing next year. :rolleyes:

mesaSteeler
12-06-2009, 10:28 PM
So whats Cowher doing next year. :rolleyes:

Hey there is an idea. Fire Tomlin and hire Cowher. After all he took a team in trouble and won the Super Bowl. Sarcasm is intended.

SoCalFan
12-06-2009, 10:52 PM
Tomlin has nothing to worry about! Based on Steeler/Roony histor,they just dont fire coaches.Hes the luckiest coach in the league for that reason.He aint goin nowhere and he will be o.k.

stb_steeler
12-06-2009, 11:07 PM
Been a Steeler fan for 35 years, seen things go south before with this team. Didn't matter to me then and it sure as hell doesnt matter now, STEELER FAN FOR LIFE BABY:tt03:

Me to steelbad. Most on here prolly never seen as many bad seasons as we have...:rofl: I do agree with some that this is one, and i mean one terrible season as of lately. But ya have to take the bad with the good and i dont mind seeing 6 lombardis in the case. :drink:

O Sensei
12-06-2009, 11:40 PM
I refuse to even open the link....

Tomlin is going nowhere...until HE wants to do so. Any of you tomlin haters can just deal with it, it's the Rooney and Steeler way. They don't just hire ANY coach around here and they sure as hell don't fire one after a bad season and should lightning strike....come early next year, we have forgoten all 'bout this, could happen. XL ring a bell anyone?

That said, secondary blows, simple as that, no more sugercoating, no more talking around it, no more "I'd take IKE over anyone else in the league" comments without the requisate...."okay then, you are a fool" rebuttal. Ike is good within the system, when everyone else plays lights out and cumulatively allows him to overcome his sizable shortcomings, okay? Should the system break down, create no pressure on passer, shitty safety play....ike looks lost, sorry, had to say it. If anyone on the staff leaves it will likely be the ST coach (big reach right?) aaaaaannnnnnnnd, God willing....he somehow manages to take this assclown of an offensive coordinator and his 3rd and 2, 4 wide, empty backfield sackfest offense and his arrogant, fat ass with him.

jjpro11
12-07-2009, 12:30 AM
Cowher had a shit year following his Super Bowl victory.. does that make him a bad coach too? no. Tomlin's not a bad coach either.. shit just hasn't gone our way this season.

steel9guy
12-07-2009, 12:40 AM
haha this thread about firing Tomlin seems pretty funny at 1 30 in the morning. If we fire Tomlin I will quit watching football forever. Look at Bill Billiceck this year. We will be fine next year we always bounce back and don't give up on this year even though we look bad. Who knows what can happen but seriously Mike Tomlin is a heck of a good coach and I'm happy to have him in "the Burgh"

solardave
12-07-2009, 03:40 AM

Uh HUH!! No BS here. Keep moving people, nothing to see here.

solardave
12-07-2009, 03:44 AM
LOL... the only way Tomlin gets fired is if your owner's name is Al Davis.

Davis would have fired him after the first loss. Probably at halftime so he could hold a press conference. It's sad for Raiders fans to have an owner who has hired a personal assisstant to keep sliding his cheese back onto his cracker.:noidea:

Galax Steeler
12-07-2009, 03:45 AM
I don't think Tomlin is going anywhere I know there are people that want to get rid of him. Just a bad year and you will probably start seeing the bandwagon fans jumping off the wagon. We have more issues then the head coach.

Jaquila
12-07-2009, 04:35 AM
fire Tomlin is the single most stupid idea i've heard in a long time!!

But Shanahan in the offensive staff would maybe be nice? Offensive coordinator maybe? (your thoughts?) but thats not gonna happen either, was just a thought hehe.

anyway I will stick with Tomlin for a long time, if the Steelers actually fired a coach who already won a SB would worry me a lot, because thats just not the style of the rooneys and fire a coach this early would just be an act of panic.

WH
12-07-2009, 04:48 AM
shit just hasn't gone our way this season.
You make is seem like the Steelers haven't had any control over what happens. The Steelers rescued defeat from the hands of victory for any entire month.

Preacher
12-07-2009, 05:11 AM
Wow. We have what is shaping up to be 3 bad seasons in a decade and people are up in arms about it.

If you could have said from the outset, "If we hire Tomlin, we will make the playoffs one year, win the SB one year, and also struggle for one year, with a small chance of making the playoffs" would you have taken the deal from the outset?

I'd take that deal from now to eternity.

I hope that is the deal we continually.

There's a difference between high hopes, expectations, and unreal expectations.

Boomerang
12-07-2009, 05:20 AM
Tomlin,s a keeper,we have more Superbowls with this guy in coming seasons.:tt02:

stillers4me
12-07-2009, 05:31 AM
Wow. We have what is shaping up to be 3 bad seasons in a decade and people are up in arms about it.

If you could have said from the outset, "If we hire Tomlin, we will make the playoffs one year, win the SB one year, and also struggle for one year, with a small chance of making the playoffs" would you have taken the deal from the outset?

I'd take that deal from now to eternity.

I hope that is the deal we continually.

There's a difference between high hopes, expectations, and unreal expectations.

I totally gotcha', Preacher.

But from my personal perspective, I just wish that our rare losing season didn't coincide with the one of the Bungals winning seasons that happens only twice in 19 years.

Talk about unleashing hell on earth........:chuckle:

silver & black
12-07-2009, 05:50 AM
Davis would have fired him after the first loss. Probably at halftime so he could hold a press conference. It's sad for Raiders fans to have an owner who has hired a personal assisstant to keep sliding his cheese back onto his cracker.:noidea:
Whats sad is that he couldn't go out with some dignity. He has no one but himself to blame for the mess he's made of his team and his legacy.

BlastFurnace
12-07-2009, 05:56 AM
Look....Tomlin should not be fired.

What is wrong with this team is that they don't get 7 enough instead of 3's when they are in the EZ.

The defense is getting old and quite simply looks worn out.

We are in for a rebuilding year guys.

madtowndrunkard
12-07-2009, 08:16 AM
There are at least two coaches on this staff that should be fired....neither are named Mike Tomlin.

I'll give you a hint....OC and ST's.

SteelerEmpire
12-07-2009, 08:22 AM
The man brought us a SB last year and now he should be fired ?? Not only is that not gonna happen simply because of that, but Steeler's head coaches have the longest tenure of any coaches in the league... that's just not how this organization has ever been run.

scsteeler
12-07-2009, 08:37 AM
Yes fire a coach that came in and won a superbowl in his second year! That has got to be the most dumbest statement I have heard in a while. No coach I repeat no coach will win the SB every year and nor will they make the playoffs every year. Yes get Shanahan and why is he not coaching in Denver now? Yes they fired him because he was not winning enough.

Next option the Rooney's are too smart to remove Tomlin.

The_WARDen
12-07-2009, 09:03 AM
This is stupid....

However, it'll be interesting to see how Tomlin responds as this is his first 'real' test...up until now, things have been pretty good for him.

Steeler
12-07-2009, 09:12 AM
When is the last time the Steelers lost four games in a row?

revefsreleets
12-07-2009, 09:15 AM
I saw "The Media" once.

He wasn't as big as I thought he would be...

HometownGal
12-07-2009, 09:47 AM
Yes fire a coach that came in and won a superbowl in his second year! That has got to be the most dumbest statement I have heard in a while. No coach I repeat no coach will win the SB every year and nor will they make the playoffs every year. Yes get Shanahan and why is he not coaching in Denver now? Yes they fired him because he was not winning enough.

Next option the Rooney's are too smart to remove Tomlin.

The Steelers pride themselves in exercising patience with their coaches. Look at Chuck Noll's first couple of seasons as HC - with these fans and media blowholes today, he'd have been thrown under the bus 10 times over.

Bu, bu, bu - Tomlin inherited Cowher's team. I throw up in my mouth every time I read that horse shit.

Dino 6 Rings
12-07-2009, 09:50 AM
This may be the most ridiculous and absurd thread in the history of my time on the board.

revefsreleets
12-07-2009, 09:53 AM
Wait....I think I see "The Media"!

http://et-magazin.alien.de/bigfoot.jpg

SteelCityMom
12-07-2009, 10:22 AM
When is the last time the Steelers lost four games in a row?

2003...under Cowher, who was anything but fired after that horrible season.

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-07-2009, 10:36 AM
Um, "Bleacher report" isn't the media. A 12-year-old with a PC and Internet access can "write" for Bleacher Report.

Stupid "article."

12- year old?!?!?!?!? I guarantee you that this year there will be kid younger than 10 asking dumb questions as a gag during media day at the Super Bowl. Another part of the reliable "media"

Steeler
12-07-2009, 10:57 AM

So would you say we had more talent in 03 or more talent now?

The team that was out there the last four weeks found a way to lose those games! They have no motivation, no fire, no confidence. Why? What is the problem? I can take losing when the team just isn't that good and get beat by a better team but when they lose to shit teams, I have a problem with that.

I'm not saying fire Tomlin but things need to be addressed this off-season or I will have lost respect for the man. Sometimes peoples feelings need to be hurt. Stop running this team like the government and more like a business!

Dino 6 Rings
12-07-2009, 11:00 AM
Hey, we've only had 3 coaches since 1968...lets fire this newest one after 3 seasons and become like the Redskins...or Raiders...or Lions...or Browns, or Bills...or Cowboys...or Chargers...or Rams, or Jets...cause changing coaches often really does wonders for a franchise and getting Super Bowls...

dumbest fcking thread ever.

Dino 6 Rings
12-07-2009, 11:03 AM
its easy

6 losses. 5 by 3 points, 2 in overtime and one by 6 points.

We are just not winning the close games this year...last year we did, this year we aren't. Why? Injuries? Getting other Team's "best" games every week, disfunction at some positions?

I'm sure there are a few reasons. But the Head Coach isn't Firable for this season. We are in position to Win Every Single Game. That's the Coaches Job...put the team in position to WIN every single game.

Tomlin is doing his job. The Players are NOT.

SteelerFanInCA
12-07-2009, 11:03 AM
I like Tomlin. Even Cowher had a few bad years.

Tomlin is a good fit for Pittsburgh.

steelballs
12-07-2009, 11:08 AM
We've carried fourth quarter leads into 5 of the 6 games lost. In the past, that almost always related to a Steeler victory...this year....all bets are off.

Tomlin's fault...no. Shared responsibiltiy....yes. The fault lies with the entire team not just the head coach.

WH
12-07-2009, 11:10 AM
That post season he cleaned house and got a nearly brand new coaching staff. I'll let Tomlin slide for the rest of the season, but hopefully he'll back up the ''unleash hell'' line this offseason.

zsheik22
12-07-2009, 11:15 AM
Fire Tomlin...... lol........

SteelCityMom
12-07-2009, 11:28 AM
So would you say we had more talent in 03 or more talent now?

The team that was out there the last four weeks found a way to lose those games! They have no motivation, no fire, no confidence. Why? What is the problem? I can take losing when the team just isn't that good and get beat by a better team but when they lose to shit teams, I have a problem with that.

I'm not saying fire Tomlin but things need to be addressed this off-season or I will have lost respect for the man. Sometimes peoples feelings need to be hurt. Stop running this team like the government and more like a business!

I don't know, outside of Maddox, that 2003 team had a lot of damn talent on it. And Maddox was coming off leading them to the AFCCG in '01 and was the comeback player of the year in '02 and was doing great until he got very hurt against the Titans in the divisionals.

The team had loads of talent though, Burress, Randel el, Ward, Bettis, Zeroeoue, Faneca, Simmons, M. Smith, Kimo, Tuman, Hartings, Keisel, Porter, A. Smith, Polomalu, Farrior, Hampton, Hoke, Foote, Gildon, Bell, and some decent FB's in Kreider and Haynes. Along with coaches like Grimm, Wisenhunt, Mularkey, Butler and Cowher.

Yeah, that team had A TON of talent for a 6-10 team.

I do agree that there are things that need to be addressed in the offseason, and I'm sure Tomlin is well aware of that and will do what he feels is best for the team.

xvdougl
12-07-2009, 12:00 PM
Yeah let's institute the revolving door on our coaching staff! We have too, we've only won 6 Super Bowls hanging on to coaches for no good reason! That'll fix it!

Here are Chuck Noll's first 3 seasons!

1-13
5-9
6-8

I guess you would have fired him after his third season too!!

:poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: I give that article 5 turds. BTW I don't think I would classify this idiot as "the media"

Steeler
12-07-2009, 12:07 PM
I don't know, outside of Maddox, that 2003 team had a lot of damn talent on it. And Maddox was coming off leading them to the AFCCG in '01 and was the comeback player of the year in '02 and was doing great until he got very hurt against the Titans in the divisionals.

The team had loads of talent though, Burress, Randel el, Ward, Bettis, Zeroeoue, Faneca, Simmons, M. Smith, Kimo, Tuman, Hartings, Keisel, Porter, A. Smith, Polomalu, Farrior, Hampton, Hoke, Foote, Gildon, Bell, and some decent FB's in Kreider and Haynes. Along with coaches like Grimm, Wisenhunt, Mularkey, Butler and Cowher.

Yeah, that team had A TON of talent for a 6-10 team.

I do agree that there are things that need to be addressed in the offseason, and I'm sure Tomlin is well aware of that and will do what he feels is best for the team.

OK, you have changed my mind. I am now content with losing 4 straight and missing the playoffs like you are. Screw it, we won the SB last year, time to just live in the past.
Thank you.

WH
12-07-2009, 12:10 PM
Korkie was the QB in the '01 AFCCG......

BlastFurnace
12-07-2009, 12:10 PM
OK, you have changed my mind. I am now content with losing 4 straight and missing the playoffs like you are. Screw it, we won the SB last year, time to just live in the past.
Thank you.

SteelerMom is right. That team did have a lot of talent, but Mularkey was so enamored with Maddox passing the ball that the team completely lost it's identity very early in the season.

The season started off good enough with a dismantling of Baltimore, but the wheels fell off right afterwards.

For some reason, every third year with this bunch ends up in the crapper.

SteelCityMom
12-07-2009, 12:21 PM
Korkie was the QB in the '01 AFCCG......

:doh: You're right....completely blocked that out of my mind lol.

SteelCityMom
12-07-2009, 12:24 PM
Thank you.

Where in there did I say I was content with losing 4 straight and possibly missing the playoffs?

Thanks for being snarky when it wasn't called for. I even agreed that Tomlin needs to shake things up in the offseason. Sorry that I pointed out that sometimes teams with a lot of talent don't live up to their full potential. :rolleyes:

O Sensei
12-07-2009, 12:25 PM
If tomlin had a jersey I suspect you could buy it today and know "your guy" was gonna be here for the life of that shirt. The big dog ain't goin' nowhere...all that noise about changing HCs...you can take that up the road to DC, or over cleveland way. If I had to predict today what Tomlin's career will be like, based on what we've seen, based on his personality and obviously this is just my gut, no science here...he'll probably be here 15 years or so, have a .500 or losing record maybe 1 out of 4, maybe 5 years...so alot of those years at least be in the hunt. Who knows, anything can happen, but he's a smart, proud, humble,young guy with unlimited drive and after all, how can you argue with the start?

Whoahhhhh, I'm at 86! Do I get a Hines bobblehead or something!!!?????

WH
12-07-2009, 12:26 PM
:doh: You're right....completely blocked that out of my mind lol.

I did the same, until just then..... Just think if Korkie were on this team now.....people would be screaming for the Steelers to run the wildcat.

SteelCityMom
12-07-2009, 12:31 PM
I did the same, until just then..... Just think if Korkie were on this team now.....people would be screaming for the Steelers to run the wildcat.

LOL, too true...thing is, it probably would work very well with him. What destroyed him was the coaches trying to make him into some kind of pure pocket passer and full time QB. His greatest weapon was the surprise in "what's he gonna do this time". I don't think he was ever the kind of QB that was ever meant to be a full time starting QB.

WH
12-07-2009, 12:33 PM
LOL, too true...thing is, it probably would work very well with him. What destroyed him was the coaches trying to make him into some kind of pure pocket passer and full time QB. His greatest weapon was the surprise in "what's he gonna do this time". I don't think he was ever the kind of QB that was ever meant to be a full time starting QB.

He was a rough draft Michael Vick.

stb_steeler
12-07-2009, 01:34 PM
The Steelers pride themselves in exercising patience with their coaches. Look at Chuck Noll's first couple of seasons as HC - with these fans and media blowholes today, he'd have been thrown under the bus 10 times over.

Bu, bu, bu - Tomlin inherited Cowher's team. I throw up in my mouth every time I read that horse shit.

Yeah Tomlin inherited a lowly Cowher team that didnt give a crap after winning a SB the year before.So he had to at least bring the team back up to win it again. How many other teams can say the new coach got them playing up to par the first year as HC.

WH
12-07-2009, 02:30 PM
Yeah Tomlin inherited a lowly Cowher team that didnt give a crap after winning a SB the year before.So he had to at least bring the team back up to win it again. How many other teams can say the new coach got them playing up to par the first year as HC.
Denver.

Steelboy84
12-07-2009, 05:09 PM
No need to fire him. He's a tough minded disciplinarian. Just need to hold on to leads.

canadasteel
12-08-2009, 09:13 AM
WOW!! Tomlin is a THIRD year head coach and has won a superbowl! He will go on to become a great head coach,to suggest he shoul be fired is the stupidest thing I have ever read. UNBELIEVABLE!!!

markymarc
12-08-2009, 07:40 PM
WOW!! Tomlin is a THIRD year head coach and has won a superbowl! He will go on to become a great head coach,to suggest he shoul be fired is the stupidest thing I have ever read. UNBELIEVABLE!!!

I second that! That's just ignorant for anyone to think firing Tomlin will resolve our current woes. He didn't forget how to coach all of a sudden and I guarantee he will still go on and build a great legacy with the Steelers organization.

ricardisimo
12-08-2009, 07:42 PM
*sigh*

Again, can we please put a ban on posting bleacher report articles?

+1 (+ as many as I'm allowed, actually)

WindyCitySteelerFan
12-08-2009, 07:52 PM
Yeah, stupid article.

Tomlin is the perfect fit for Pittsburgh, and will have a long career with us.