PDA

View Full Version : "Rothlis Burger"

thdrop
01-26-2006, 07:44 PM
Anyone know how to make one? My friends and I want to serve them at our superbowl party. I've heard a few different possible ways and I wanted to know the REAL Pittsburgh way!

BB2W
01-27-2006, 03:30 PM
It was created in Peppi's, and it's made with eight ounces of hamburger, eight ounces of hot sausage, grilled onions, topped with scrambled eggs and two slices of American cheese and served on a 10-inch Italian roll. All for $7.77.

clevestinks
01-27-2006, 08:33 PM
It was created in Peppi's, and it's made with eight ounces of hamburger, eight ounces of hot sausage, grilled onions, topped with scrambled eggs and two slices of American cheese and served on a 10-inch Italian roll. All for $7.77.
BB2W Thank You rep points for the recipe!

thdrop rep points for asking and reading my mind

axlbundy
01-28-2006, 02:38 PM
Anyone know how to make one? My friends and I want to serve them at our superbowl party. I've heard a few different possible ways and I wanted to know the REAL Pittsburgh way!

I found this on coldhardfootballfacts.com

The Roethlisburger
From the Kitchen of the 225 Club
Sometimes serendipity is your best buddy. Just ask Lou Bosser and Jeff Trebac. They own Peppi?s Old Time Sandwich Shops, a chain of popular restaurants in Pittsburgh.

Most of their sandwiches are named after celebrities, employees and customers. But in 2004, they had a beef, sausage and egg sandwich with no name. About the same time Pittsburgh inserted its rookie quarterback into the line-up ? a fella named Ben Roethlisberger. It dawned on the Peppi?s crew that Roethlisburger would be a fine name for its heretofore nameless sandwich.

A legend was born. Roethlisberger (the player) led the Steelers on a remarkable run that ended in an AFC title-game appearance. Roethlisburger, the sandwich, scored more free publicity than a Terrell Owens end-zone stunt.

?It was like hitting the lottery,? Bosser told the Cold, Hard Football Facts.

Needless to say, we wanted the inside scoop on the Roethlisburger so we could whip some up this season on the back of the PIGSKIN Ford pick-up.

Here?s what you need for one sandwich:

* 6 ounces hot sausage, chopped finely
* 6 ounces high-quality ground beef
* ? cup chopped onion
* 1 jumbo egg, scrambled
* 4 slices American or provolone cheese
* 1 fresh Italian sub roll
* Optional garnishes: lettuce, tomatoes, hot pepper, mayonnaise

Cook the sausage, beef and onion on a griddle or skillet (if needed, grease the surface with a small bit of olive oil). When the meat and onions are just about ready, toss in the scrambled egg with the meat and mix together. When egg is cooked, place cheese across the top. Let cheese melt, and then scoop everything up into a sub roll. Garnish as desired.

jtdapit
01-28-2006, 06:51 PM
ive been to peppis and had one they are real good, they sell shirts that say " i tackled the rothlisberger" naturally i bought one

NJSTEELER
01-29-2006, 01:58 PM
Everytime Steelers are on TV here in Jersey, the wife and I have BBQ Chipped Chopped Ham and wouldn't think of trying something new at this time. Rothlis Burger sounds real good though. After we win Super Bowl we will try one. Luv ya Black & Gold