PDA

View Full Version : Sweed should have caught it!!!

Hayeksheroes
12-07-2009, 01:45 AM
I've watched the replay a dozen times. Even Plaxico Burris makes that catch. Sweed drops another one. He could have got some football redemption with that play. Instead, he can hang on at the Steelers 5th wr.

If Tomlin is going to make any changes, Sweed should be sent to the secondary. With his hands of stone, he will blend in with Taylor, Clark and Burnett.

steeltheone
12-07-2009, 02:48 AM
Oh BS...We should not have been in that position.

solardave
12-07-2009, 04:19 AM
I've watched the replay a dozen times. Even Plaxico Burris makes that catch. Sweed drops another one. He could have got some football redemption with that play. Instead, he can hang on at the Steelers 5th wr.

If Tomlin is going to make any changes, Sweed should be sent to the secondary. With his hands of stone, he will blend in with Taylor, Clark and Burnett.

Maybe you should watch the game up until then. We let the Raiders go up and down the field all day at will and you want to blame the loss on Sweed. If Holmes or Hines or Wallace missed the catch would it be their fault we lost? It was the secondary,period!!!

7/39/43
12-07-2009, 04:42 AM
I agree we should of never been in that trouble. but Sweed should of caught that hit him right in the hands but then again he can't catch it wide open let alone a crowd around him

Galax Steeler
12-07-2009, 05:02 AM

:coffee: next

steeldawg
12-07-2009, 06:28 AM
I know your not putting Plaxico Burres and limas sweed in the same sentence..

plenewken
12-07-2009, 08:01 AM

So now the Steelers need to catch a Hail Mary to win a game against the Raiders???

43Hitman
12-07-2009, 08:15 AM

:semaphore:bs:

Christian Snyder
12-07-2009, 08:31 AM
The game shouldn't have come down to Sweed making a catch on a Hail Mary.:shake01::headbutt:

KeiselPower99
12-07-2009, 09:47 AM
I wondered how long before a Sweed thread would show up.

revefsreleets
12-07-2009, 10:02 AM
Actually, Sweed should see the field some more now...we have nothing to lose, so I'd like to see some of the back-up players play, if for no other reason than evaluating where they stand for off-season moves...

I don't think he has what it takes, but it wasn't Sweed's fault we lost yesterday. There were multiple failures in all three facets of the game...

NEPAsteeler
12-07-2009, 10:05 AM
:noidea: :coffee:

SteelCityMom
12-07-2009, 11:29 AM
So Sweed didn't catch a hail mary pass with at least 4 defenders on him in the EZ and THAT'S what you're complaining about?

Okey Dokey.

Nadroj 20
12-07-2009, 11:47 AM
Dang Sweed, hes the only reason we lost that game! :chuckle:

Theres a little more to complain about instead of a last second hail mary pass with defenders all around you if that was holmes or ward in that spot nothing would be said but since it was Sweed its all his fault :rolleyes:

Dino 6 Rings
12-07-2009, 11:52 AM
Dumb...just dumb.

anyone else ever wonder what would happen if the first guy up in the air did a VolleyBall bump on purpose to see if another guy could catch the tip...It just seems like it would be really really really hard to catch a ball that's coming down on a 40+ Yard Hall Mary and maybe you could purposely bump the ball into the air, start a Tip Drill and have a guy in position to catch the tip?

Oh, for the record, in the Steelers tie against the Falcons and Vick a few years ago...Plax did catch the hall mary, but he fell OUT of the endzone and not INTO the endzone so the game ended in a tie...but whatever, re-write history however you want I suppose.

MACH1
12-07-2009, 12:11 PM
Actually, Sweed should see the field some more now...we have nothing to lose, so I'd like to see some of the back-up players play, if for no other reason than evaluating where they stand for off-season moves...

I don't think he has what it takes, but it wasn't Sweed's fault we lost yesterday. There were multiple failures in all three facets of the game...

I agree. Cept I'd wait till after the clowns game.
If some how we lose to them, wouldn't want ton of 'it's sweeds fault' along with all the other 'it's __________ fault or fire_____________ threads.

xvdougl
12-07-2009, 12:38 PM
:poop:

Neil-Still-Rules-14
12-07-2009, 09:11 PM
Well it looks like Limas may finally get his chance this Thursday.

Good for you, Sweed.