PDA

View Full Version : lol...

wildjames
12-07-2009, 07:51 AM
I've never seen a more predictable group of people in my life. You can't defend the play of your team this year, so your only defense is how many Superbowls the Steelers have won. That's it. You have nothing else. The Bengals have drafted well and finally have a good team. It's hilarious to read really. I don't understand why you get so angry about it either. There isn't much gap in between NFL teams anyway. They are all incredible athletes or they wouldn't be out there in the first place. Good coaching and small talent gaps make most of the difference between winning and losing. All of you armchair general managers/coaches should think about that.

If the Bengals being any good bothers you that much, then you should probably see a doctor. And if the only retort you have against Bengal fans (who enjoy football just as much as you do) enjoying their team being good is that they don't have any Superbowls, again see a doctor. What exactly do you expect them to say? You act like you're the only fanbase in the NFL that's allowed to enjoy football. Just because you were born in an area where the NFL team was good doesn't make you better than anyone else. People don't have a choice in the matter unless they start rooting for a team later in life. I'm unsure how it makes sense to make fun of Bengals fan because the organization they root for hasn't been very good. How do they have any control over that? What if they're a fan of GM or Ford cars, and that business starts failing, are they made fun of that too? They have no more control over the situation.

Oh and please stop using we, you don't play for the team.

fansince'76
12-07-2009, 07:55 AM
Where you been since, oh, 2006?

Another jackass that comes out of the woodwork after 3+ years to talk shit.

Next. :coffee:

Texasteel
12-07-2009, 08:09 AM

They have to, just as quickly as they can. The bagels life span is seldom and short.

stlrtruck
12-07-2009, 08:58 AM
I have no problem with the bungals being good or their fans celebrating their 2nd winning season in 19 years. What I have an issue wth is when those so-called fans only come out to talk football when their team has a winning season.

Where were you last year? Let's see 81 posts since 2005? Really? And you're a fan?

Step inside the ring when you're team sucks, stand up and support them when they are losing games instead of only when they are winning.

You're nothing more than a :troll: who only sees the light of day when the team is supportable!

stlrtruck
12-07-2009, 08:59 AM

You're right we don't play for the team but not being a Steelers fan - YOU MOST DEFINITELY WOULD NOT UNDERSTAND!

So enjoy your winning season, and when WE take back our division, let US know how you feel!

By then you'll bury your head in the sand again.

wildjames
12-07-2009, 09:13 AM
So because I haven't posted on this particular forum in awhile means that my opinions aren't relevant, but yours are? You really put yourself in the hierarchy of the human race that much higher than anyone else because of their internet computer forum usage?

I'm not even talking smack because I don't care that much. Why do you all take football so seriously?

I don't even use a computer that much. I'm sorry that I cramped your virtual world. I was just asking questions, and the part that befuddles me is that none of them were answered.

wildjames
12-07-2009, 09:17 AM

You think that's shit talking? Did you even read my post? None of my questions were answered. It's no different than focusing on how many SB's the Steelers have won. I don't understand why your fanbase always deflects questions and focuses on the only ammo they have.

So to summarize (and add to) what most of you fans do when questioned, you either:

A. But the team I root for has won six Superbowls, I will only talk about that to deflect questions about the current state of the team I root for.

B. I'm going to ignore everything said in the post and focus on your join date and internet forum frequency of usage to belittle you. Do you really think that bothers me? That's all you have? I asked some simple questions.

Three responses so far and it's about exactly what I expected. Any intelligent people out there?

fansince'76
12-07-2009, 09:28 AM
You think that's shit talking? Did you even read my post? None of my questions were answered. It's no different than focusing on how many SB's the Steelers have won. I don't understand why your fanbase always deflects questions and focuses on the only ammo they have.

So to summarize (and add to) what most of you fans do when questioned, you either:

A. But the team I root for has won six Superbowls, I will only talk about that to deflect questions about the current state of the team I root for.

B. I'm going to ignore everything said in the post and focus on your join date and internet forum frequency of usage to belittle you. Do you really think that bothers me? That's all you have? I asked some simple questions.

Three responses so far and it's about exactly what I expected. Any intelligent people out there?

Your "questions" were nothing more than a bunch of childish barbs at a fanbase. That doesn't make you intelligent, it makes you an asshat and a troll.

If you didn't come here to troll, why did you wait 3+ years until, just coincidentally I'm sure, the Steelers are on a down year and the Bengals are on a rare up year? Hmmm?

Jackass. :coffee:

wildjames
12-07-2009, 09:31 AM
Anyway I just find it strange how seriously people take the NFL. I have a feeling the fanbases take it way more seriously than even the players do. Hell aren't most of the players friends off the field anyway? (Less the ones that get into fights obviously). They're all millionaires. It's the crazy fanbases that make most of it so insane. My life isn't affected in any way by what a sports team does, either positively or negatively because I don't care. Why should I? You people just seem to be so crazy about a team/league that doesn't know and probably doesn't care about any of you, you're just dollar signs in their eyes.

There are people here in LA that their life/week is determined on how USC is doing. It's hilarious.

HometownGal
12-07-2009, 09:36 AM

Well - I think being fiercely loyal to a team that has won more Super Bowls than any other franchise is pretty powerful "ammo", especially in response to a fan whose team has shit the bed more in its entire existence than our secondary has this season.

I have no problem with Bungles fans being excited about this season - they have every reason to do so, as do fans of other teams whose teams are in contention for the playoffs.

Every team experiences ups and downs somewhere in their existence - it's inevitable. This is a down year for us and it is what it is - sure, I'm disappointed but my life doesn't revolve around the Steelers or any of the other teams I support. I value my healthyl blood pressure readings too much. :chuckle:

I think if you want to know how rational Steelers fans feel about this season, may I suggest reading some of the posts in the Steelers forum? There are a lot of good discussions/opinions in that forum with regard to the "state of the team".

Finally - you have to understand our repulsion to most Bungles fans. Other than a small percentage who come here to engage in football discussions, most who have shown up around here over the last several seasons are those who come onto OUR board to demean our team and our fans. You will never see on this board what I've seen over at GoBengals. No one here has ever issued death threats against opponents, wished holocaust on our city and fans, or threatened rape of an opposing coach's daughter. Those behaviors would never be allowed here. So, my striped friend - before you come here puffing your chest and pointing that hypocritical finger - take a look in your own backyard.

wildjames
12-07-2009, 09:36 AM
Your "questions" were nothing more than a bunch of childish barbs at a fanbase. That doesn't make you intelligent, it makes you an asshat and a troll.

If you didn't come here to troll, why did you wait 3+ years until, just coincidentally I'm sure, the Steelers are on a down year and the Bengals are on a rare up year? Hmmm?

Jackass. :coffee:

1. I live in LA
2. No idea what a troll is, my life isn't dominated by an internet forum and its corresponding lingo.
3. My posts were childish? Really? Please be more specific. This to me is childish....

LOL STEELERS SUCK HOW BOUT THEM BEN GALS OMG THEY RULE SO MUCH BIG BEN I SAY LITTLE BEN OH MY WHO DEY

That's childish. Again you just spew off the same things repeatedly to anyone that doesn't agree with you.

4. Again, don't know what troll means. I'm assuming it has something to do with causing trouble on message boards? Am I supposed to feel insulted because I'm called that? That's fine, I guess I'll call you a gnome. A gnome is an annoying sports fan who calls people childish and an asshat when they ask questions because they haven't used a particular website in a while.

So you're a gnome now.

And you should stop taking the internet/football so serious.

revefsreleets
12-07-2009, 09:40 AM
In War terms, the Bengals won the minor skirmish.

They've lost most of the battles.

And they are badly losing the War.

Thumping your chest and acting like the Bengals have any standing IN THE BIG PICTURE relative to the Steelers is foolish.

Enjoy your small victories as thy come to you. The Bengals just aren't good enough this year to make much more of an impact...

fansince'76
12-07-2009, 09:41 AM
1. I live in LA
2. No idea what a troll is, my life isn't dominated by an internet forum and its corresponding lingo.
3. My posts were childish? Really? Please be more specific. This to me is childish....

LOL STEELERS SUCK HOW BOUT THEM BEN GALS OMG THEY RULE SO MUCH BIG BEN I SAY LITTLE BEN OH MY WHO DEY

That's childish. Again you just spew off the same things repeatedly to anyone that doesn't agree with you.

4. Again, don't know what troll means. I'm assuming it has something to do with causing trouble on message boards? Am I supposed to feel insulted because I'm called that? That's fine, I guess I'll call you a gnome. A gnome is an annoying sports fan who calls people childish and an asshat when they ask questions because they haven't used a particular website in a while.

So you're a gnome now.

And you should stop taking the internet/football so serious.

Once again, why did you show up here after 3 years when, just coincidentally I'm sure, the Steelers are having a down year and the Bengals are having their first good season in four years? Newsflash: I was over the loss yesterday in less than 5 minutes. And please spare me the holier-than-thou bullshit.

wildjames
12-07-2009, 09:44 AM
Well - I think being fiercely loyal to a team that has won more Super Bowls than any other franchise is pretty powerful "ammo", especially in response to a fan whose team has shit the bed more in its entire existence than our secondary has this season.

I have no problem with Bungles fans being excited about this season - they have every reason to do so, as do fans of other teams whose teams are in contention for the playoffs.

Every team experiences ups and downs somewhere in their existence - it's inevitable. This is a down year for us and it is what it is - sure, I'm disappointed but my life doesn't revolve around the Steelers or any of the other teams I support. I value my healthyl blood pressure readings too much. :chuckle:

I think if you want to know how rational Steelers fans feel about this season, may I suggest reading some of the posts in the Steelers forum? There are a lot of good discussions/opinions in that forum with regard to the "state of the team".

Finally - you have to understand our repulsion to most Bungles fans. Other than a small percentage who come here to engage in football discussions, most who have shown up around here over the last several seasons are those who come onto OUR board to demean our team and our fans. You will never see on this board what I've seen over at GoBengals. No one here has ever issued death threats against opponents, wished holocaust on our city and fans, or threatened rape of an opposing coach's daughter. Those behaviors would never be allowed here. So, my striped friend - before you come here puffing your chest and pointing that hypocritical finger - take a look in your own backyard.

Thanks for the friendly response. I don't know anything about GoBengals or whatever. I don't have that much of a virtual life to be able to compare things like that.

Of course it's good 'ammo'. But it's all they ever use. So basically they're saying that Bengals fans are never allowed to say anything positive about their team ever because a simple '6 Superbowls' will negate anything they ever say? Obviously the Bengals aren't going to be near that mark anytime soon, so for the next 100ish years (or however long it takes), Bengals fans aren't allowed to say anything about their opposing rivals or the current successes/or lack thereof of their team until they reach that mark? That's absurd in my opinion.

I appreciate rational sports fans. I listen to ESPN radio quite often while working and it's sad to hear some people who call and how seriously they take sports. If they put half that effort into their personal lives they'd probably be much more happy/making more money.

And the repulsion of Bengals fans goes both ways. I've seen numerous Steeler fans use the 2005 hit on Carson in the playoffs with some comical barb as their signature at this and various other places. Imagine being a fan of a team and enjoying football just as much as Steelers fans do and finally having a good team only to have that happen after waiting for so long. Then to top it off you get to see those types of signatures/jokes about it. You'd be pretty upset. Does it rationalize the threats you say that happen? Probably not, but I can understand the anger with all the idiots fans in this world (on both sides).

Good post though, thanks.

wildjames
12-07-2009, 09:47 AM
Once again, why did you show up here after 3 years when, just coincidentally I'm sure, the Steelers are having a down year and the Bengals are having their first good season in four years? Newsflash: I was over the loss yesterday in less than 5 minutes. And please spare me the holier-than-thou bullshit.

You aren't very good at using the internet. Please read Hometowngirl's post. I'll continue talking to her.

fansince'76
12-07-2009, 09:48 AM
You aren't very good at using the internet. Please read Hometowngirl's post. I'll continue talking to her.

Likewise. :coffee:

wildjames
12-07-2009, 09:57 AM
Newsflash: I was over the loss yesterday in less than 5 minutes.

You've averaged almost 13 posts a DAY for almost four years on an internet message board concerning an NFL football team, and you're trying to tell me you're not one of those idiot fans obsessed with football?

You do know that most alcoholics don't think they have any problem right? That's where the phrase "The first step is admitting you have a problem." comes from.

Edman
12-07-2009, 09:59 AM
Find one person on here that is defending the Steelers' play this year. We've already come to grips with the fact that this is a down year, and the team isn't very good. I'm sure we're all very disappointed because we expected better. It's not the end of the world. We'll be back next year.

wildjames
12-07-2009, 10:03 AM
Find one person on here that is defending the Steelers' play this year. We've already come to grips with the fact that this is a down year, and the team isn't very good. I'm sure we're all very disappointed because we expected better. It's not the end of the world. We'll be back next year.

They'll be back next year, you don't play for them. You sit on a couch and watch athletic people play sports. But yeah they will probably be a good team next year.

Nadroj 20
12-07-2009, 10:07 AM
They'll be back next year, you don't play for them. You sit on a couch and watch athletic people play sports. But yeah they will probably be a good team next year.

Nothing wrong with using the word "we" when talking about your favorite team. It kinda connects you with the team you chose to root for and there is nothing wrong with it.

wildjames
12-07-2009, 10:10 AM
Nothing wrong with using the word "we" when talking about your favorite team. It kinda connects you with the team you chose to root for and there is nothing wrong with it.

The problem is that false 'connection' that delusional fans feel about millionaire players who couldn't give a rat's ass about them is what turns them into rabid annoying fanbases whose week/life is affected by how these teams do.

It's sad.

NEPAsteeler
12-07-2009, 10:12 AM
A true fan of a team supports their team no matter what. While it is true what fansince'76 since said about you (that you haven't posted anything in 3 years, then BOOM, here you are when the Steelers are down), that's none of my concern. Just because we as a fanbase use "we" or "us" when referring to the team doesn't mean that we're saying "Hey, Coach Tomlin... put me in!". When the Bengals become consistent with winning, then you can come talk smack on our team and the fanbase.

supa_fly_steeler
12-07-2009, 10:15 AM
HOKIES OWN BEARCATS FOREVER.

we destroy your only bowl hopes

Nadroj 20
12-07-2009, 10:15 AM
The problem is that false 'connection' that delusional fans feel about millionaire players who couldn't give a rat's ass about them is what turns them into rabid annoying fanbases whose week/life is affected by how these teams do.

It's sad.

First of all my week/life is not affected by what they do...Sure im a big fan and i root for them and watch there games every weekend, but if they were 0-12 right now sure that would SUCK but id get over it...its a football team and you can dwell and let that bother you...Being a little bumed and wishing for them to do better is enough what else can you do?

Second of all ITS SAD???? Do you know every fan base in the world uses the word we when talking about their favorite team? It how it is and there is nothing wrong with it

And i dont appreciate you coming on here and calling me a delusional fan

fansince'76
12-07-2009, 10:16 AM
You've averaged almost 13 posts a DAY for almost four years on an internet message board concerning an NFL football team, and you're trying to tell me you're not one of those idiot fans obsessed with football?

You do know that most alcoholics don't think they have any problem right? That's where the phrase "The first step is admitting you have a problem." comes from.

Right, and you just "rediscovered" this board after 3 years away from it, which just so happens to coincide with the last time the Bengals came close to doing anything. Get off your high horse and give me a frigging break. :coffee:

wildjames
12-07-2009, 10:20 AM
Right, and you just "rediscovered" this board after 3 years away from it, which just so happens to coincide with the last time the Bengals came close to doing anything. Get off your high horse and give me a frigging break. :coffee:

I can tell you with 100% certainty and honesty that I'd much rather be a dude who has < 100 posts in 4-5 years than someone who has almost 16,000.

Who exactly is the loser here again?

fansince'76
12-07-2009, 10:22 AM
I can tell you with 100% certainty and honesty that I'd much rather be a dude who has < 100 posts in 4-5 years than someone who has almost 16,000.

The loser is the dickhead who hides for 3+ years and then pops up out of nowhere to bash another fanbase when his team actually has a winning season for the second time in 19 years. That is the definition of a loser.

wildjames
12-07-2009, 10:30 AM
The loser is the dickhead who hides for 3+ years and then pops up out of nowhere to bash another fanbase when his team actually has a winning season for the second time in 19 years. That is the definition of a loser.

It's remarkable how much angrier you get than anyone else in this thread. Football is serious business it seems.

Anyway, our definition of loser differs. You post 12+ times here a day. I'm sure this isn't the only thing you do on the internet. Suffice to say you use the internet for quite a long time every day would be my guess.

So on here in your eyes and the rest of your buddies, sure I'm the loser. Congratulations. But I'm pretty sure side by side society would deem you a much bigger loser for your obesssive internet usage and anger. So I guess we can be losers together. I'll take that for sure.

The reason cold weather cities have such angry and obsessive fan bases is because there's far less to do than in cities that actually matter. You'd be surprised how little people on the west coast give a crap other than some insane USC fans. Oh no, the Lakers lost, I'll go to the beach or insert hundreds of other interesting things to do. Chicago, Boston, Pittsburgh,....temperature and sports anger and obsessiveness of team are directly related.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-07-2009, 10:31 AM

That would be a "Cicada" Bengal Fan who hid like a little girl when his team was the laughing stock of the league for YEARS.

Then digs his Bengals Jersey out of the closet...comes out and makes alot of noise until his team folds in the playoffs like Palmers knee in...well...the playoffs, then will hide again for YEARS ...waiting...waiting....and trying to remember where he hid that jersey.

fansince'76
12-07-2009, 10:32 AM
It's remarkable how much angrier you get than anyone else in this thread. Football is serious business it seems.

Anyway, our definition of loser differs. You post 12+ times here a day. I'm sure this isn't the only thing you do on the internet. Suffice to say you use the internet for quite a long time every day would be my guess.

So on here in your eyes and the rest of your buddies, sure I'm the loser. Congratulations. But I'm pretty sure side by side society would deem you a much bigger loser for your obesssive internet usage and anger. So I guess we can be losers together. I'll take that for sure.

The reason cold weather cities have such angry and obsessive fan bases is because there's far less to do than in cities that actually matter. You'd be surprised how little people on the west coast give a crap other than some insane USC fans. Oh no, the Lakers lost, I'll go to the beach or insert hundreds of other interesting things to do. Chicago, Boston, Pittsburgh,....temperature and sports anger and obsessiveness of team are directly related.

Not angry, simply telling it like I see it. You'd have to matter for me to get angry. As it stands, you're no more significant than a boil on a pig's ass to me.

revefsreleets
BY the second week in January, the Bearcats will have been embarrassed by the Gators, their coach will have accepted the Notre Dame job, and the Bengals will have been knocked out of the playoffs, at which point this poster will slink away back into the shadows for at least another 3 years...

wildjames
That would be a "Cicada" Bengal Fan who hid like a little girl when his team was the laughing stock of the league for YEARS.

Then digs his Bengals Jersey out of the closet...comes out and makes alot of noise until his team folds in the playoffs like Palmers knee in...well...the playoffs, then will hide again for YEARS ...waiting...waiting....and trying to remember where he hid that jersey.

Not sure who you are, but you must think I actually care about sports. You'd be mistaken. I don't own a Bengals jersey and I don't care who wins or loses in any sport. It's a sport, why exactly would I care?

wildjames
12-07-2009, 10:35 AM
BY the second week in January, the Bearcats will have been embarrassed by the Gators, their coach will have accepted the Notre Dame job, and the Bengals will have been knocked out of the playoffs, at which point this poster will slink away back into the shadows for at least another 3 years...

First off, what does the University of Cincinnati have to do with anything? I don't watch college football. I went to Northwestern...again why would I care about what Cincy does?

Don't care if the Bengals get knocked out of the playoffs either. Football isn't really that important. I'd care more if I was playing two hand touch or football with some friends, at least I have influence on the eventual outcome.

Nadroj 20
12-07-2009, 10:36 AM
Not sure who you are, but you must think I actually care about sports. You'd be mistaken. I don't own a Bengals jersey and I don't care who wins or loses in any sport. It's a sport, why exactly would I care?

Then why did you sign up for a Steeler ( who plays football.... a sport) message board??

NEPAsteeler
12-07-2009, 10:36 AM

Simply put... a true fan of any team in any sport DOES care when his or her team wins or loses. I'm sorry that we live in "cold weather" cities and not the paradise that is California.

wildjames
12-07-2009, 10:37 AM
Then why did you sign up for a Steeler ( who plays football.... a sport) message board??

Not caring meaning I don't care about the outcome. Plus it's fun to conversate with people who get super angry over sports. It's kind of my way of going to the zoo without having to leave my house...seeing something different/weird.

NEPAsteeler
12-07-2009, 10:38 AM

To try to stir up the pot a little bit I suppose :noidea:

wildjames
12-07-2009, 10:39 AM
To try to stir up the pot a little bit I suppose :noidea:

A bit perhaps, but nothing compared to most people. People like fansince76 take sports/internet way way too seriously. Most of you seem fairly normal though. Posts like Hometowngal's are few and far in between unfortunately.

fansince'76
12-07-2009, 10:41 AM
A bit perhaps, but nothing compared to most people. People like fansince76 take sports/internet way way too seriously. Most of you seem fairly normal though. Posts like Hometowngal's are few and far in between unfortunately.

As opposed to "normal" folks like "wildjames" who hide in the shadows for years and then come out of the woodwork to whine and cry about Steelers fans' signatures depicting Palmer's injury from over 4 years ago, among other holier-than-thou spew. :rolleyes:

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-07-2009, 10:41 AM

Soooooo you are just making an anonymous ass of yourself on a sports board...even though you dont like sports? For a team that you dont follow?

Wow....what is going on in YOUR life that would persuade you to try and built yourself up by tearing down something that you dont even care about.

Weird.

...Creepy and Weird.

wildjames
12-07-2009, 10:42 AM
As opposed to "normal" folks like "wildjames" who hide in the shadows for years and then come out of the woodwork to whine and cry about Steelers fans' signatures depicting Palmer's injury from over 4 years ago. :rolleyes:

Yes, that's the ONLY thing I've mentioned in this thread. You got me.

Damn.

wildjames
12-07-2009, 10:44 AM
Soooooo you are just making an anonymous ass of yourself on a sports board...even though you dont like sports? For a team that you dont follow?

Wow....what is going on in YOUR life that would persuade you to try and built yourself up by tearing down something that you dont even care about.

Weird.

...Creepy and Weird.

Wind...and the pitch.........and a swing and a miss by lambert on wildjames' intentions.

fansince'76
12-07-2009, 10:45 AM
Wind...and the pitch.........and a swing and a miss by lambert on wildjames' intentions.

Weird.

...Creepy and Weird.

Nope, I'd say he pegged your intentions quite well.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-07-2009, 10:46 AM

Oh...I dont think so.:chuckle:

wildjames
12-07-2009, 10:48 AM
Oh okay cool. Anonymous people on the internet know someone's intentions more than the actual person does.

Now I've seen everything.

You guys clearly have more education than I do.

SteelCityMom
12-07-2009, 10:48 AM
I've never seen a more predictable group of people in my life. You can't defend the play of your team this year, so your only defense is how many Superbowls the Steelers have won. That's it. You have nothing else. The Bengals have drafted well and finally have a good team. It's hilarious to read really. I don't understand why you get so angry about it either. There isn't much gap in between NFL teams anyway. They are all incredible athletes or they wouldn't be out there in the first place. Good coaching and small talent gaps make most of the difference between winning and losing. All of you armchair general managers/coaches should think about that.

First off, if you're just reading the Blast Furnace (which is mostly joke threads) then yes, this argument is used a lot....it helps to have 6 SB titles and numerous playoff wins and appearances over the decades to back up some smack talk lol. What can I say, we're proud of our organization. BUT, if you took the time to read through the Steelers Football threads (and yes, even a few threads here in the Blast Furnace) you would notice that all but a few fans give the other team props after a loss. One of the things I love about this forum is that there are a good number of respectful fans from other teams, and trust me, as long as they don't spend their time bashing an entire fanbase b/c of a few joke post they don't like, they are treated quite nicely and their teams are given respect when it's earned.

If the Bengals being any good bothers you that much, then you should probably see a doctor. And if the only retort you have against Bengal fans (who enjoy football just as much as you do) enjoying their team being good is that they don't have any Superbowls, again see a doctor. What exactly do you expect them to say? You act like you're the only fanbase in the NFL that's allowed to enjoy football. Just because you were born in an area where the NFL team was good doesn't make you better than anyone else. People don't have a choice in the matter unless they start rooting for a team later in life. I'm unsure how it makes sense to make fun of Bengals fan because the organization they root for hasn't been very good. How do they have any control over that? What if they're a fan of GM or Ford cars, and that business starts failing, are they made fun of that too? They have no more control over the situation.

It's just smack talk banter. Like I said before, when the games over, if the Steelers lose, I and many others give the opposing team and fans (if they're respectful) props. I'm not sure where you got the idea that Steelers fans are extremely bothered by the Bengals having a good season. I can only speak for myself, but I know I'm not. Do I wish the Steelers were having a better season than them? Of course, but I'm not ready to slit my wrists or anything lol. You also act like Steelers fans are the only fanbase to keep this kind of mentality....that leads me to believe that you haven't visited a lot of other teams message boards. Trust me, there's a lot of jackass fans in the world...and yes, while Steelers fans fall back on the 6 trophies argument a lot (you would too if the Bengals had 6 and the Steelers were known for being perennial losers), and while they may do some bitching after a game (this is to be expected), they don't sit around and whine about reffing. Every single MB I've visited to tell the opposing team good game after the Steelers beat them, there have been a ton of threads and threads within threads about how the refs favored the Steelers and that's the only reason they lost. The Bengals forums are particularly good at this too.

Trust me, you can make up all the complaints you want about Steelers fans, but before you do, take a look into your own fanbase and other teams fanbases and realize it's not some sort of anomaly that only affects Steelers fans.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-07-2009, 10:49 AM
Oh okay cool. Anonymous people on the internet know someone's intentions more than the actual person does.

Now I've seen everything.

You guys clearly have more education than I do.

:thumbsup:

Thank you.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-07-2009, 10:52 AM
... take a look into your own fanbase and other teams fanbases and realize it's not some sort of anomaly that only affects Steelers fans.

He "doesnt" have a fanbase.....

(He is just lonely)

Edman
12-07-2009, 10:54 AM

We as in fans, the team, the organization. We are one. Hence "We".

We fans pay for the team's paychecks and buy tickets that go into the organization and all the people that work in it. We give them ratings on television. We support the team. We buy jerseys and other merchandise. We attend their venues. That's why we use "we".

Like I said, We'll be back dominating the AFC North next year. No bandwagon Bengals troll or whatever the hell you are, will change my mind on that. Go back into your hole. But I'm sure you will when the Bengals' clock strike midnight.

HometownGal
12-07-2009, 10:55 AM

I know fansince76 personally and believe me - he doesn't lose sleep or threaten to jump from Rocky Mountain High if the Steelers lose. He's smart enough and has enough football sense to realize that every team has those highs and lows - those peaks and valleys if you will, and right now, the Steelers are in the valley instead of being on top of the mountain. As I've said before, though - as Steelers fans, we are very blessed as the Steelers never stay in the valley for long as history has clearly shown.

P.S. Thanks for the kind words.

wildjames
12-07-2009, 10:55 AM
He "doesnt" have a fanbase.....

(He is just lonely)

Seriously dude, what kind of education do you have?

SteelCityMom was able to put together a coherent and intelligent response. How difficult would that have been? I'm assuming quite a bit.

So are the females on this message board the only people that can respond to a post without sounding like an idiot?

Thanks SteelCityMom, you made a lot of sense.

fansince'76
12-07-2009, 10:57 AM

SteelCityMom was able to put together a coherent and intelligent response. How difficult would that have been? I'm assuming quite a bit.

So are the females on this message board the only people that can respond to a post without sounding like an idiot?

Thanks SteelCityMom, you made a lot of sense.

You're not worth a 10-paragraph dissertation, buddy. Get over yourself.

wildjames
12-07-2009, 11:02 AM
You're not worth a 10-paragraph dissertation, buddy. Get over yourself.

Obviously I posted enough of a well thought out, coherent original post that resulted in responses from HTG and SCM that made sense and sounded quite intelligent. I didn't come in here ranting and raving in all caps. There are many different spectrums of fan bases, you just happen to lean more towards the idiot side. These kind of statistical distributions occur in almost every aspect of life. Don't be ashamed, just run with it.

Nadroj 20
12-07-2009, 11:04 AM
Calling people "delusional fans" and "idiots" arent good ways to get treated well...that makes sense right?

fansince'76
12-07-2009, 11:05 AM
Obviously I posted enough of a well thought out, coherent original post that resulted in responses from HTG and SCM that made sense and sounded quite intelligent. I didn't come in here ranting and raving in all caps. There are many different spectrums of fan bases, you just happen to lean more towards the idiot side. These kind of statistical distributions occur in almost every aspect of life. Don't be ashamed, just run with it.

And you tend to lean more toward the chickenshit bandwagon side, as I've pointed out. Go with it. By the way, who will the next team "you don't care about" be after the Bengals come down to Earth again? :thumbsup:

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-07-2009, 11:06 AM
We as in fans, the team, the organization. We are one. Hence "We".

We fans pay for the team's paychecks and buy tickets that go into the organization and all the people that work in it. We give them ratings on television. We support the team. We buy jerseys and other merchandise. We attend their venues. That's why we use "we".

Like I said, We'll be back next year. No bandwagon Bengals troll will change my mind on that. Go back into your hole. But I'm sure you will when the Bengals' clock strike midnight.

Be nice..."Wild"James doesnt like sports. You are confusing him with the whole Fan/Player symbiotic relationship thing.

He isnt here to talk sports. Just understand that he has a deep rooted psychological disorder that makes him attempt to overcome self-deficiencies by lamely trying to feed of the hurt of others.

You see...people like "Wild" James...need our understanding. He was probably potty-trained at gunpoint....stood up by his cousin at his senior prom...or is "sure" that Brad Paisley's - "I'm so much cooler online" song is proof positive that government is watching him.

wildjames
12-07-2009, 11:07 AM
Calling people "delusional fans" and "idiots" arent good ways to get treated well...that makes sense right?

Reread the flow of posts in this thread. Who attacked who first? If you consider my original post some kind of attack, then I can't imagine what you would label some of the idiot Bengals fan posts that crop up here every now and then. fansince76 came in and tried to be the internet tough guy and has pretty much failed. HometownGal and SteelCityMom posted well thought out answers that made a lot of sense and SHOCKINGLY weren't called anything.

If you act like an idiot, you get called on it. Don't be upset over it.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-07-2009, 11:09 AM
. There are many different spectrums of fan bases, you just happen to lean more towards the idiot side. These kind of statistical distributions occur in almost every aspect of life. Don't be ashamed, just run with it.

There are many spectrums of online Trolls. You happen to be the pseudo-intellectual type who has a "need" for others to percieve him as smarter than he actually is.

Don't be ashamed, just run with it.

revefsreleets
12-07-2009, 11:12 AM
There are many spectrums of online Trolls. You happen to be the pseudo-intellectual type who has a "need" for others to percieve him as smarter than he actually is.

Don't be ashamed, just run with it.

I actually think he MAY have just posted all this nonsense simply to inform us all that he went to Northwestern.

I know I'M impressed...:applaudit:

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-07-2009, 11:17 AM

Originally posted by wildjames

Physician...heal thyself.
:chuckle:

wildjames
12-07-2009, 11:19 AM
I actually think he MAY have just posted all this nonsense simply to inform us all that he went to Northwestern.

I know I'M impressed...:applaudit:

I posted that I went to Northwestern in response to a dude coming in here and spouting off drivel about the University of Cincinnati. I'm really sorry that upset you.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-07-2009, 11:23 AM
I posted that I went to Northwestern in response to a dude coming in here and spouting off drivel about the University of Cincinnati. I'm really sorry that upset you.

Oh NO!!!!

Seriously. We are impressed. Will you be my friend? I dont really like sports and for some reason, everyone in here just keeps talking about football.

What do you say the two of us hop over to the Lions board and tell them we rock because we both have Masters Degrees!!! :scholar:

wildjames
12-07-2009, 11:25 AM
Oh NO!!!!

Seriously. We are impressed. Will you be my friend? I dont really like sports and for some reason, everyone in here just keeps talking about football.

What do you say the two of us hop over to the Lions board and tell them we rock because we both have Masters Degrees!!! :scholar:

What the hell are you talking about?

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-07-2009, 11:30 AM
What the hell are you talking about?

What? I thought we could...you know...hang out. Go to the forums of the REALLY bad teams and act superior.

Nadroj 20
12-07-2009, 11:38 AM
Reread the flow of posts in this thread. Who attacked who first? If you consider my original post some kind of attack, then I can't imagine what you would label some of the idiot Bengals fan posts that crop up here every now and then. fansince76 came in and tried to be the internet tough guy and has pretty much failed. HometownGal and SteelCityMom posted well thought out answers that made a lot of sense and SHOCKINGLY weren't called anything.

Look at all of my posts have I acted like an idiot?

wildjames
12-07-2009, 11:40 AM
Look at all of my posts have I acted like an idiot?

I don't believe I ever called you an idiot. Were you the one I called delusional? If so, it was tongue in cheek. You seem pretty cool.

revefsreleets
12-07-2009, 11:41 AM

LOL...there's nothing you are capable of doing that will upset me...

Nadroj 20
12-07-2009, 11:43 AM
I don't believe I ever called you an idiot. Were you the one I called delusional? If so, it was tongue in cheek. You seem pretty cool.

Yes that was me, and thanks.

wildjames
12-07-2009, 11:44 AM
LOL...there's nothing you are capable of doing that will upset me...

That's fine and dandy. Just don't go on with your sarcasm then saying that the entire reason I made this thread was to say that I went to Northwestern. That's silly.

revefsreleets
12-07-2009, 11:48 AM
That's fine and dandy. Just don't go on with your sarcasm then saying that the entire reason I made this thread was to say that I went to Northwestern. That's silly.

I guess the REAL reason will simply have to remain a mystery...

fansince'76
12-07-2009, 11:48 AM
What? I thought we could...you know...hang out. Go to the forums of the REALLY bad teams and act superior.

But, he doesn't care about sports! :rolleyes:

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-07-2009, 12:01 PM

I'm with you brother!!! Its ridiculous for people to claim that the only reason you post is to promote yourself when you and I know that you post to overcome...how do I put this delicately?....your (manly) deficiencies.

Screw them!! We have a Buccaneer site to Troll...c'mon my new friend!!!!!! I want to see their response to your masterful use of deflection and fallacy-filled arguements!!!

(Wow...I have a friend from NORTHWESTERN...How cool is that!!!!)

Indo
12-07-2009, 04:59 PM
OK

Wildjames,

You came here and called everyone predictable. Then you proceeded to ask everyone why your questions (the ones in the initial post) haven't been answered.Your questions were largely rhetorical. Did you really expect answers about fans of GM cars?
You have stated in several posts that you really don't care about football---about who wins or loses. And you implied that those that do are somehow beneath you (yes, James, you did imply that).
You have actually taken the time to calculate the average number of posts per day of one of the members of this board.
I could go on and on with this, but I really don't have the time or interest.

I have only one question for you---what are you doing on this board?
To clarify: what is your intent? Why are you posting here?
If you don't care about football; its teams; or its fans; or who wins or loses, what purpose does it serve for you to be here basically antagonizing others and goading people into petty arguments? You come off appearing as a pseudo-intellectual who, for reasons that I simply cannot fathom, feels a need to demonstrate his (self-perceived) intellectual and moral superiority over others on an internet sports forum.
You imply that those who frequent such message boards (with 12+ posts per day) are pathetic for doing so; who are, in your estimation, "wasting" so much time discussing sports. An activity which, no doubt, you seem to find loathesome.
I would submit to you that it is more pathetic to appear on message boards for which you have no interest and point out how pathetic people are for being members of a message board.
Look in the mirror and ask yourself: are you here to engage in interesting , thoughtful discussion about football. Or are you here to badger, harass, point fingers and tell us how pathetic we all are?
Answer truthfully. No one will know the answer but you.
If the answer is the latter, you have just realized the definition of a message board "Troll".

supa_fly_steeler
12-07-2009, 06:33 PM
http://www.dailypress.com/media/photo/2009-01/44332480.jpg

silver & black
12-07-2009, 07:42 PM

You can start with this one. I'm sure he'll get a warm welcome. :thumbsup:

http://raideroutlawz.com/

AllD
12-07-2009, 08:26 PM

The bungles have done little in the last 20 years. You finally have a winning season and you automatically know everything about everything and talk trash at the same rate.:rofl:

stillers4me
12-07-2009, 08:44 PM
The Bengals aren't as good as they and their fans think they are.

Yeah, yeah, you beat us. Yeehaw...you beat us in our down season. That certainly doesn't make you a dominant force in the league nor will you ever become a "dynasty". Mike Brown is still your owner. You remember him, don't you?........that guy you bought billboards in Cinci to protest against? The guy that's filling the locker room, again, with a bunch of misfit thugs that are going to drag you down again.

You know in your hearts that we will make you pay the first chance we get and send you back to the AFC basement that still stinks like Bengal piss.

devilsdancefloor
12-07-2009, 09:11 PM

Weird.

...Creepy and Weird.

he/she it told us already he/she it went to Northwestern that is his/her its main problem.

supa_fly_steeler
12-07-2009, 09:18 PM
the bengals can stroke my scrotom.

there all deluded and actually think they can win the super bowl lol