PDA

View Full Version : There's a Bright Side

eafratitpm3
12-07-2009, 08:06 AM
Yes we've lost 4 in a row but we are doing pretty good consdiering we are playing defense with a front 7 only and we are still only losing by 3 points.

Steelers>NFL
12-07-2009, 08:11 AM
The Steelers will miss the playoffs. Then get a mid round draft pick. A player than can help tremendously in the future.

HometownGal
12-07-2009, 08:31 AM
Yes we've lost 4 in a row but we are doing pretty good consdiering we are playing defense with a front 7 only and we are still only losing by 3 points.

A loss is a loss is a loss whether you lose by 3 or by 30.

If we don't make the playoffs and have a down year or two, I'm not going to get upset about it because with the Pittsburgh Steelers, the "down years" never last for long. :tt02:

plenewken
12-07-2009, 09:19 AM
If we don't make the playoffs and have a down year or two, I'm not going to get upset about it because with the Pittsburgh Steelers, the "down years" never last for long. :tt02:

True dat ............ and we have the Penguins. <g>

The_WARDen
12-07-2009, 09:36 AM
The bright side is that this crappy season will come to a merciful end in 4 weeks..

scsteeler
12-07-2009, 09:39 AM

So True So True!

O Sensei
12-07-2009, 09:43 AM
Nobody's jumping off the "bandwagon" over here....took me too long to get season tickets, too many highs, even some fond lows spent in the B & G, just a dissappointing season so far given the talent. But...the beauty is, there is still a chance to get in and if they don't, well there is always next year God and economy willing.

SteelerFanInStl
12-07-2009, 09:48 AM

I remember back in '03 when the Steelers fell apart and went 6-10. The season sucked but it gave us a better draft pick and we got Ben and went 15-1 the next year. We won't finish 6-10 this year but hopefully the poor record will at least allow us to get a better draft pick. I have no doubt that the Steelers will be back and as strong as ever next year. :tt03:

Edman
12-07-2009, 12:47 PM
There is a bright side.

We get a higher draft pick. And we all know how good the Steelers are at drafting.

Pack up the season and start holding auditions for the spots on next years team.

steeltheone
12-07-2009, 01:19 PM
PACK UP THE SEASON BS. When you start accepting losing you become no better than the Bengals or Browns.

Angus Burgher
12-07-2009, 02:10 PM
I was thinking about all of our 3-point losses this season and I came to a conclusion.

You remember that 59-0 blowout that the Titans suffered at the hands of the Patriots? Yeah, if I could take one of those instead of six close losses, I'd take it. It sucks to be humiliated, but if you come back strong, that's what really matters.

I'm not sure what has happened to the Steelers this season... or more specifically, what has happened to the defense. I know that we don't have Troy but their problems go beyond that. Troy wasn't the ONLY playmaker on the team last year.