PDA

View Full Version : to those of you that still believe...

mwittman5
12-07-2009, 11:14 AM
im right there with you , this team still has a good shot at making the playoffs especially if the ravens lose tonight. No doubt that was probably the most gut wrenching loss I've experienced but this team still can come back. we can all sit here and pick apart the team and coaches but the bottom line is if the steelers find a way to win out, hello playoffs. Polamalu coming back after the browns game will bring the D back to life. Im proudly wearing my steeler gear here in san diego today, let the charger fans laugh there just jealous :chuckle:. So dont pack it in yet, the steelers still have a good shot and they need you (the real fans) :tt04:

Merchant
12-07-2009, 11:17 AM
I'm with you buddy. Cheering till the bitter end.

Nadroj 20
12-07-2009, 11:18 AM
I agree it is possible and im still going to be pulling for them and ill be rooting for the Packers tonight, but if they continue to play like they have been playing they wont be playing in the post season

Until they are officially eliminated though im going to continue to think they can make the playoffs thats just how i am i guess.

SteeleReign
12-07-2009, 11:29 AM
I agree it is possible and im still going to be pulling for them and ill be rooting for the Packers tonight, but if they continue to play like they have been playing they wont be playing in the post season

Until they are officially eliminated though im going to continue to think they can make the playoffs thats just how i am i guess.

I agree - I always have and always will cheer them to the bitter end (or sweet end last year). But, making the playoffs should be the last thing on their minds. They better figure out how to win one play, one possession, one quarter, one half, one game at a time first.

Sharkissle29
12-07-2009, 11:31 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvoeeq-BH4w

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!

WE AINT OUT OF IT YET
:tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03:
:tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04:
:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

Bluedust
12-07-2009, 11:36 AM
I agree - I always have and always will cheer them to the bitter end (or sweet end last year). But, making the playoffs should be the last thing on their minds. They better figure out how to win one play, one possession, one quarter, one half, one game at a time first.

People need to be able to separate "Cheering for their team." and "Blindlessly follow the Steelers."

There's many shades of gray to everything, it's not all one side or the other like most of the republican/conservative mentality. I'll still cheer and watch the Steelers, wearing my jerseys and such, but they won't be making the playoffs.

I know to some people that's impossible to fathom, having two differing thoughts like that, and all I can say is I'm sorry.

Sharkissle29
12-07-2009, 11:37 AM
you just never know......

zsheik22
12-07-2009, 11:38 AM
Dont think it's too possible, but I got a feeling in my gut that we're still very much in this. Check out my thread...

Nadroj 20
12-07-2009, 11:40 AM
People need to be able to separate "Cheering for their team." and "Blindlessly follow the Steelers."

There's many shades of gray to everything, it's not all one side or the other like most of the republican/conservative mentality. I'll still cheer and watch the Steelers, wearing my jerseys and such, but they won't be making the playoffs.

I know to some people that's impossible to fathom, having two differing thoughts like that, and all I can say is I'm sorry.

You do realize they CAN make the playoffs right? Its not that its impossible for us to fathom the idea that they might not we are just being positive and we are seeing that there is a shed of light in all of this. They arent playing great no, but until we are officially elimated meaning its impossible for us to make it im going to be optimistic and think the best

MT83
12-07-2009, 11:48 AM
"Blindlessly follow the Steelers."

:doh:

SteeleReign
12-07-2009, 11:54 AM
You do realize they CAN make the playoffs right? Its not that its impossible for us to fathom the idea that they might not we are just being positive and we are seeing that there is a shed of light in all of this. They arent playing great no, but until we are officially elimated meaning its impossible for us to make it im going to be optimistic and think the best

Right! I seem to remember that we were looking pretty pathetic in 2005 before the "light came on" and we ran the table. There is enough talent on this roster for that to happen again. It's just a matter of each individual player finding that fire that is missing.

zsheik22
12-07-2009, 11:56 AM
Right! I seem to remember that we were looking pretty pathetic in 2005 before the "light came on" and we ran the table. There is enough talent on this roster for that to happen again. It's just a matter of each individual player finding that fire that is missing.

Ding ding ding! We have been beat down by the media, had our name dragged through the mud, and are now officially overlooked and written off by everyone. We need to use this in our favor and get hot, RIGHT NOW.

We need to play PISSED off. We need that chip on our shoulder, we need guys out there busting heads and making statements,

SteeleReign
12-07-2009, 11:56 AM

Not sure what "blindlessly" means, but if you think that I am "blindly" following the Steelers you are wrong. My eyes are W I D E open....sorta like this guy---->:tt:

BlastFurnace
12-07-2009, 11:59 AM

Good grief! Can we let go of 2005 for once.

This is not 2005. This team does not have the leadership or defense that team had.

That team had a Statement game against the Bears...in our stadium...when the Bears were one of the best teams in the NFC

This team messed the bed against the Raiders...in our stadium...with the Raiders being one of the worst 5 teams in the entire NFL.

Let 2005 go. This bunch is not even in their class.

BlastFurnace
12-07-2009, 12:00 PM
Ding ding ding! We have been beat down by the media, had our name dragged through the mud, and are now officially overlooked and written off by everyone. We need to use this in our favor and get hot, RIGHT NOW.

We need to play PISSED off. We need that chip on our shoulder, we need guys out there busting heads and making statements,

So this will be PISSED OFF THURSDAY. We already unleashed HELL and that didn't work. Perhaps being PISSED was the answer after all.

SteeleReign
12-07-2009, 12:12 PM
Good grief! Can we let go of 2005 for once.

This is not 2005. This team does not have the leadership or defense that team had.

That team had a Statement game against the Bears...in our stadium...when the Bears were one of the best teams in the NFC

This team messed the bed against the Raiders...in our stadium...with the Raiders being one of the worst 5 teams in the entire NFL.

Let 2005 go. This bunch is not even in their class.

Dude...relax....I own a calender & I realize that this is 2009. I simply referenced history to suggest that it is possible to win 4 games in a row & make the playoffs. Once we get there, anything can happen. If you remember in 05, we lost 3 games in a row & faced the Bears while at 7-5. Not too different than where we find ourselves now.

I also disagree that this team doesn't have the leadership or defense of 2005. Unlike 05, this team just won the Superbowl & has as much if not more talent than last year. The issue is that they are not playing to their expected level & that can be fixed. Will it? Who knows? But, the talent is there.

Crow-Magnon
12-07-2009, 12:14 PM

The only fly in that ointment may be that it may not matter one whit if Pittsburgh gets hot and runs the table if the teams above them also continue to win. At 6-6 you are sitting at the same table as the Jets and Dolphins and looking up at the Jags and Broncos (who hold the tie-breaker). The Ravens will either be looking down at you by midnight EST or supping from the same trough.

Yes, the Steelers do still possess the possibility of making the playoffs as a WC, but they really, REALLY needed to win a game they should have won. And that game was yesterday.

zsheik22
12-07-2009, 12:16 PM
The only fly in that ointment may be that it may not matter one whit if Pittsburgh gets hot and runs the table if the teams above them also continue to win. At 6-6 you are sitting at the same table as the Jets and Dolphins and looking up at the Jags and Broncos (who hold the tie-breaker). The Ravens will either be looking down at you by midnight EST or supping from the same trough.

Yes, the Steelers do still possess the possibility of making the playoffs as a WC, but they really, REALLY needed to win a game they should have won. And that game was yesterday.

Ha ha. Of course it would have been easier if we won yesterday, or any other game that we lost by sub 6 points ;)

The other teams with the same record have it just hard if not harder.

Nadroj 20
12-07-2009, 12:16 PM

We beat the broncos doesnt that give us the tie breaker agianst them?

SteeleReign
12-07-2009, 12:17 PM

Yeah...that would have been the easy way... :doh:

BlastFurnace
12-07-2009, 12:17 PM
Dude...relax....I own a calender & I realize that this is 2009. I simply referenced history to suggest that it is possible to win 4 games in a row & make the playoffs. Once we get there, anything can happen. If you remember in 05, we lost 3 games in a row & faced the Bears while at 7-5. Not too different than where we find ourselves now.

I also disagree that this team doesn't have the leadership or defense of 2005. Unlike 05, this team just won the Superbowl & has as much if not more talent than last year. The issue is that they are not playing to their expected level & that can be fixed. Will it? Who knows? But, the talent is there.

That team had vocal leaders that inspired the team in Porter, Foote, Bettis, KIMO, and Randel El.

Who are the vocal leaders on this team? We have good players, but who steps up and says anything. Who makes a play when Troy is out besides Harrison on defense. Nobody to both questions.

I understand what you are saying about history, but that was then...this is now.

casteeler
12-07-2009, 12:21 PM
hey troy put on your knee brace and get out there!!!! and do some yelling!

Crow-Magnon
12-07-2009, 12:23 PM
We beat the broncos doesnt that give us the tie breaker agianst them?

My apologies. I confused them with San Diego. :wink02:

zsheik22
12-07-2009, 12:24 PM
That team had vocal leaders that inspired the team in Porter, Foote, Bettis, KIMO, and Randel El.

Who are the vocal leaders on this team? We have good players, but who steps up and says anything. Who makes a play when Troy is out besides Harrison on defense. Nobody to both questions.

I understand what you are saying about history, but that was then...this is now.

This means there is a perfect opportunity for someone to step up and emerge as a leader. Hell, at this point I would take the water boys if thats who wants to step it up and light the fire under their asses.

Someone needs to close the divide between the the D and O.

SteeleReign
12-07-2009, 12:26 PM

Off the field? We have Farrior, Clark, Beg Ben, & Hines...but, what exactly needs to be said??? I can assure you that this losing streak is not a result of the lack of a rah rah speech.

Now...on the field? I agree with you. Although, there are a handful of other players that I would include with Harrison. But, our secondary has been pathetic & IF their light goes on....MAYBE we can sneak into the #6 spot. If the DBs continue to play in the dark we may be looking at a Top 10 draft pick.

Nadroj 20
12-07-2009, 12:29 PM
My apologies. I confused them with San Diego. :wink02:

No problem :chuckle: you scared me for a second though :chuckle:

BlastFurnace
12-07-2009, 12:30 PM
hey troy put on your knee brace and get out there!!!! and do some yelling!

Wow..what insight. If you knew the value of those players to the defense, you would know what I meant. Peezy was not a dominant player on that defense, but as Cowher said, he was clearly the leader in that locker room. That makes a difference in case you don't know that.

BlastFurnace
12-07-2009, 12:32 PM
Off the field? We have Farrior, Clark, Beg Ben, & Hines...but, what exactly needs to be said??? I can assure you that this losing streak is not a result of the lack of a rah rah speech.

Now...on the field? I agree with you. Although, there are a handful of other players that I would include with Harrison. But, our secondary has been pathetic & IF their light goes on....MAYBE we can sneak into the #6 spot. If the DBs continue to play in the dark we may be looking at a Top 10 draft pick.

I know it's not a lack of rah rah stuff....but those men were leaders on the team and the team knew it.

I'm pulling like you are for the 6th spot...I'm just not that optimistic that it can / will happen. I'm not even sure they can beat Cleveland.

SteeleReign
12-07-2009, 12:39 PM
I know it's not a lack of rah rah stuff....but those men were leaders on the team and the team knew it.

I'm pulling like you are for the 6th spot...I'm just not that optimistic that it can / will happen. I'm not even sure they can beat Cleveland.

Unfortunately, I agree with you. If we can't beat Oakland in our yard, going TO our biggest rival Cleveland, on paper, should be a tougher game.

This game will tell us all we need to know - if our boys can find the onions to go to Cleveland and beat them senseless, as we should, then maybe we turn it around. If we go there and lay an egg....then we'll probably finish 6-10.

casteeler
12-07-2009, 12:56 PM
Wow..what insight. If you knew the value of those players to the defense, you would know what I meant. Peezy was not a dominant player on that defense, but as Cowher said, he was clearly the leader in that locker room. That makes a difference in case you don't know that.

ok, troy keep sittin and D keep on blowing it!

scsteeler
12-07-2009, 01:26 PM
Hey I never give up on my Steelers. Win or Lose I am a supporter till the end. I need to that W in the win column before I say we are going to make the playoffs though. Lately the team that found a way to win last year has been finding ways to lose.

LET'S GO STEELERS WE NEED TO BEAT THE BROWNS.

Mags87
12-07-2009, 01:58 PM

now this is the only real bright spot in our future. we are above the jets right for reasons im not sure about. so we are looking up at Den, Bal, Jax, and Mia. we beat Den but with their record and the apparent discovery of them actually being able to play football, i dont see us catching them. so that leaves Baltimore, Jaxonville, and Miami. if baltimore does lose tonight (go Pack go!) then Miami, baltimore and pitt are 6-6. this bodes well for pitt because we play miami and baltimore. i also see that jaxonville still has indy, new england and miami left. so, miami would need to beat jax this weekend and hopefully indy or NE can take care of them later. if that is the case, then pitt needs to win out and then its in. its a stretch, but if we win out and get some help, we're in. please please please let us win out! we need you Troy :hug: