PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Rituals

Bus36RollsUrlacher
12-07-2009, 12:55 PM
Ok - so everyone (myself included) is up in arms over the last 4 losses (my temper flares like gas on a fire each time I get a text from my Raiders fan friends), the offense, the OC, the defense, the special teams, and the list goes on and on.

I'm ready to talk about something else. We know what the issues are and have been. I'm ready for the Browns and getting this thing back on track. I don't know about you, but anytime we beat them, I feel a little bit better.

To that end, I know that we all have our own little rituals or superstitions that we all follow win or lose. One of mine has always been that if they lose, no one in the family wears any Steelers gear until the next game day (it is kinda starting to evolve into until we win again). What are some of yours?

Sharkissle29
12-07-2009, 12:56 PM
my woodley jersey is 0-2
my roethlisberger jersey is 6-4

i think i might try a game wearing nothing (jersey that is) and seeing what happens....

zsheik22
12-07-2009, 12:58 PM
I need to start eating cookie cake again....

SteelStang
12-07-2009, 01:02 PM
Always wear black ben for home and white ben away. Changed it up yesterday and went with Heath.

Back to the drawing board.:banging:

supa_fly_steeler
12-07-2009, 01:07 PM
whenever i play rick ross-speedin' the day the steelers play they are a big 8-0, when he lose my iphone is charging lol

Sharkissle29
12-07-2009, 01:08 PM
whenever i play rick ross-speedin' the day the steelers play they are a big 8-0, when he lose my iphone is charging lol

the hell are you doing? LET YOUR BEAT POUND ON GAMEDAY :drink:

4xSBChamps
12-07-2009, 01:10 PM
my woodley jersey is 0-2
my roethlisberger jersey is 6-4

i think i might try a game wearing nothing (jersey that is) and seeing what happens....

during this losing streak, I wore my #86 WARD jersey the first 2 games, then my #95 Lloyd jersey last week, traveling to various taverns to watch 'em Stillers:
we celebrated my fiancee's birthday yesterday, so I didn't wear a jersey, but a Yellow turtle-neck baseball shirt under a Black dress-shirt, and the still lost, to lowly Oakland
:noidea:

I'm be switching between the Penguins playing Montreal & 'em Stillers versus the Browns Thursday evening, and I am seriously thinking of wearing my #25 Talbot Penguin SCF-winning sweater, trying to break this slump

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/hockey%20pictures/HPIM3623.jpg

Sharkissle29
12-07-2009, 01:11 PM
anyone happen to have a peyton manning jersey??? lol

Steelers>NFL
12-07-2009, 01:21 PM
I only wear Steeler gears on game days. Nothing in particular.
Steelers t-shirt under Steeler sweat shirt, or jersey etc...
I am not superstitious.

casteeler
12-07-2009, 01:28 PM
i have worn the champion tees from 05 and08 so maybe i will just wear a hat

supa_fly_steeler
12-07-2009, 05:52 PM
the hell are you doing? LET YOUR BEAT POUND ON GAMEDAY :drink:

lol i will make sure it beats alright, it will be fully charged night before. will be playing all day long, then i will play renegade before kick off :tt04::tt04::tt04:

Steelerfreak58
12-07-2009, 06:06 PM
I am going to have to break out my 70's jersey's cause my current ones are a bust. Lambert this Thursday against the Clowns, Green against Green Bay, Harris against the Ratbirds, and Greenwood against the Fins.... maybe bring some of that 70's magic back and finish off the season 10-6

touchdownward
12-07-2009, 10:27 PM
Bear in mind we are 6-6, so our rituals are working as well as not working. :noidea:

Stang909
12-07-2009, 11:16 PM
Everything Steelers got washed after this loss. That includes terrible towels, all jerseys, shirts, clean socks, and everything else, didn't matter if it was clean or not I had to get the funk of 4 straight losses off.

jaygorius
12-07-2009, 11:21 PM
I have the usual stuff like what Steelers gear I wear or I use my Steelers mug for coffee on gamedays, etc.

But what I really find funny is that if superstitions really did work - to think that these guys are out on the field busting their butts to try to win but they end up losing because some random fan in Iowa or something forgot to wear his Steelers underwear that day :rofl:

Stang909
12-07-2009, 11:24 PM
I have the usual stuff like what Steelers gear I wear or I use my Steelers mug for coffee on gamedays, etc.

But what I really find funny is that if superstitions really did work - to think that these guys are out on the field busting their butts to try to win but they end up losing because some random fan in Iowa or something forgot to wear his Steelers underwear that day :rofl:

I feel the same way but still always carry out my rituals because I don't want to feel like I did something to jinx the game. I know its dumb but hey superstitions make sports better.

Shea
12-07-2009, 11:34 PM
anyone happen to have a peyton manning jersey??? lol

Hey you might be onto something here. It worked for the Titans, maybe it's worth a try?? :hunch:

SteelStang
12-08-2009, 09:29 AM
I only wear Steeler gears on game days. Nothing in particular.
Steelers t-shirt under Steeler sweat shirt, or jersey etc...
I am not superstitious.

You're not superstitious?? That would take the fun out of it for me:chuckle:

Unfortunately I'm the type the does different things the week after a loss and if we win, I stay with it. Lose, I change it up again.

And yes, I'm nuts.

JunScooby
12-08-2009, 09:53 AM
I always have my my Terrible Towel somewehere on me. It is around my shoulders if I am eating or wrapped around my right hand (It makes for a good stress ball). The last time I took it off while they were playing Bettis fumbled in Indy.

markymarc
12-08-2009, 08:46 PM
I need to figure out a new ritual or routine because the past 4 weeks have been brutal. I am running out of ideas about now :chuckle: