PDA

View Full Version : Why is Carson Palmer not a bust yet

supa_fly_steeler
12-07-2009, 01:26 PM
Seriously, this year heavily overrated, cancel out the Bears game he has had an average year at best.

80.4 quarterback rating this year.

He has never done anything with the Bungals, so i consider him a bust. I can't believe Madden Rated him a 97 in 08 overated. 1 good year in 2006, does not make him not eligable, BUST

The only other 1st round that would be considered a bust would be Michael Vick, he broke records and took them 1 win to a superbowl so he's excluded.

Disagree or Agree?

revefsreleets
12-07-2009, 01:35 PM
Well, his team has won more games than ours this year, so he at least has THAT going for him.

I'll grant you that he's overrated...

devilsdancefloor
12-07-2009, 01:39 PM
hmmmm his team was horrible last year with out him this year they are doing hmmm much better. He is not a bust and i dotn know how you could even think he is.

revefsreleets
12-07-2009, 01:44 PM
The definition of "bust" seems to be very fluid and open to interpretation around this place.

Bust means failure. Palmer hasn't failed, he just hasn't lived up to the hype.

SteelCityMom
12-07-2009, 02:22 PM
hmmmm his team was horrible last year with out him this year they are doing hmmm much better. He is not a bust and i dotn know how you could even think he is.

Well...don't forget that they were horrible when he WAS in last year too, they just continued to be horrible after he got injured as well lol.

I don't think he's a total bust, it's not like he's Russell or anything, but I don't think he's as good as some people make him out to be either.

CantStop85
12-07-2009, 03:44 PM
Seriously, this year heavily overrated, cancel out the Bears game he has had an average year at best.

80.4 quarterback rating this year.

He has never done anything with the Bungals, so i consider him a bust. I can't believe Madden Rated him a 97 in 08 overated. 1 good year in 2006, does not make him not eligable, BUST

The only other 1st round that would be considered a bust would be Michael Vick, he broke records and took them 1 win to a superbowl so he's excluded.

Disagree or Agree?

How can you call the QB of a 9-3 team a bust?

He has struggled at times this year, not looking like the dominant QB he was in 2005. Then again, he's lost two of his go-to-guys in TJ Houshmandzadeh and Chris Henry and is still getting adjusted to throwing to new guys like Coles and Caldwell. Also, he just hasn't had much of an opportunity to get into any kind of groove throwing the ball because of the way the Bengals have dedicated themselves to the running game. With 40-50 runs a game, he's getting closer to 20 passes a game than the 30-40's he's been accustomed to in past years.

That being said, his accuracy has been a concern this year, but he's been around the block before and hopefully he can sharpen up by the time playoffs roll around. I'm just happy that the Bengals no longer have to ask him to go out and throw for 300+ yards and 3-4 TD's in order to win a game.

God bless Cedric Benson, Bernard Scott, and Larry Johnson. :chuckle:

supa_fly_steeler
12-07-2009, 05:29 PM
carson pamer looks like a douchebag = bust.

i find him ugly sorry guys gotta call him a bust as it does sound fing stupid, but thats some of my reason with his stats. lol

stillers4me
12-07-2009, 07:06 PM
I've no doubt had the opportunity to watch more Bengals games than most of the rest of you have. As a matter of fact, I've probably watched more Bengals games in the last 4 or 5 years than most Bengals "fans" have. (It was either that or Comedy Central.)

I can assure you that Carson Palmer is one of the most overrrated QB's in the NFL. I thank my lucky stars everyday for Ben Roethlisberger.

UltimateBengal
12-07-2009, 08:38 PM
I've no doubt had the opportunity to watch more Bengals games than most of the rest of you have. As a matter of fact, I've probably watched more Bengals games in the last 4 or 5 years than most Bengals "fans" have. (It was either that or Comedy Central.)

I can assure you that Carson Palmer is one of the most overrrated QB's in the NFL. I thank my lucky stars everyday for Ben Roethlisberger.

With all due respect my friend, you couldn't be more wrong. In 2005, his second season as the starter, Carson threw had 32 Tds, 12 INTs, 67.8 comp%, 101 QB rating, was named Pro Bowler, and led his team to a division title. He was regarded as a top 5 NFL QB. Overrated? Bust? Then came the devastating knee injury. Following the quickest comeback ever from knee reconstruction, all he did in 2006 was throw 28 TDs, 13 Ints, 4,000 + Yds, and earned another Pro Bowl. Overrated? Bust? In 2007, with a team that had it share of on field and off field problems, he threw for 24 TDs, over 4,000 yards, and completed over 60% of his passes. Overrated? Bust? Last year he injured his elbow and missed 12 games. But, he has come back this year and led us to a 9-3 record and most likely his second division title. And while people say he is having a down year, it was Carson who almost single handed led us to the first win over Pitt, Balt, and Clev. Overrated? Bust? I don't think so my friend!:drink:

stillers4me
12-07-2009, 08:52 PM
Sorry, bud. I watch the games and I don't feel the love. Never saw anything that would want me to see him in black and gold. He would have had a career ending injury behind one of Ben's O lines. He's too fragile and not near as mobile. All those stats don't mean a thing when you have nothing to show for it.

And has Marvin found that 8 foot receiver that Carson likes to try to throw to yet?

UltimateBengal
12-07-2009, 09:04 PM
Sorry, bud. I watch the games and I don't feel the love. Never saw anything that would want me to see him in black and gold. He would have had a career ending injury behind one of Ben's O lines. He's too fragile and not near as mobile. All those stats don't mean a thing when you have nothing to show for it.

And has Marvin found that 8 foot receiver that Carson likes to try to throw to yet?

stillers4me, I respect your opinion man, and I enjoy reading your stuff on the boards. But, I feel you're way off on this one! The thing about Carson being fragile, he got the hell beat out of him in two preseason games, and has been playing with a dislocated thumb, but hasn't missed a game. There's no doubt he's not as sharp as he wants to be in the passing game right now, but most of that is because they've become a running team and don't pass much anymore. In years past, he was putting it up 40 times a game, not anymore. I've seen every Bengals QB for the last 28 years, from Anderson to Esiason to Blake, and believe me when I tell you that none was as important to their teams success as Palmer.

Nadroj 20
12-07-2009, 09:05 PM
stillers4me, I respect your opinion man, and I enjoy reading your stuff on the boards. But, I feel you're way off on this one! The thing about Carson being fragile, he got the hell beat out of him in two preseason games, and has been playing with a dislocated thumb, but hasn't missed a game. There's no doubt he's not as sharp as he wants to be in the passing game right now, but most of that is because they've become a running team and don't pass much anymore. In years past, he was putting it up 40 times a game, not anymore. I've seen every Bengals QB for the last 28 years, from Anderson to Esiason to Blake, and believe me when I tell you that none was as important to their teams success as Palmer.

Uh-oh lol :chuckle:

I dont know what to think about Carson, hes a good QB but i guess if i had to say what i thought i would say top 10 right now but being toward the bottom of the list.

UltimateBengal
12-07-2009, 09:09 PM
Uh-oh lol :chuckle:

I dont know what to think about Carson, hes a good QB but i guess if i had to say what i thought i would say top 10 right now but being toward the bottom of the list.

I know she's a female type individual, I call everybody man, man!! Maybe I need to update my lingo?:noidea:

Nadroj 20
12-07-2009, 09:10 PM
I know she's a female type individual, I call everybody man, man!! Maybe I need to update my lingo?:noidea:

Nah i was just messing :thumbsup:

UltimateBengal
12-07-2009, 09:15 PM
Nah i was just messing :thumbsup:

So, where would you place Carson right now? I have it something like this--

Peyton Manning
Drew Brees
Tom Brady
Aaron Rodgers
Ben Roethlisberger
Phillip Rivers
Kurt Warner
Donovan McNabb
Brett Farve
Carson Palmer

Nadroj 20
12-07-2009, 09:28 PM
So, where would you place Carson right now? I have it something like this--

Peyton Manning
Drew Brees
Tom Brady
Kurt Warner
Phillip Rivers
Ben Roethlisberger
Donovan McNabb
Brett Farve
Carson Palmer
Joe Flacco

I would have Aaron Rodgers on that list too, maybe take Flacco off (for now)...ive never been a fan of McNabb but thats just me....my list

Peyton Manning
Drew Brees
Tom Brady
Ben Roethlisberger
Brett Favre
Aaron Rodgers
Philip Rivers
Kurt Warner
Carson Palmer
Eli Manning

Thats my list for this year im not consdering past or possible future im basing that on who i would take because of the present.

UltimateBengal
12-07-2009, 09:32 PM
I would have Aaron Rodgers on that list too, maybe take Flacco off (for now)...ive never been a fan of McNabb but thats just me....my list

Peyton Manning
Drew Brees
Tom Brady
Ben Roethlisberger
Brett Favre
Aaron Rodgers
Philip Rivers
Kurt Warner
Carson Palmer
Eli Manning

Thats my list for this year im not consdering past or possible future im basing that on who i would take because of the present.

Damn, I forgot all about Rodgers! I'd put him top 5 and take Flacco out of my top 10.

stillers4me
12-07-2009, 09:53 PM

:pin:

I guess it's better than "pumpkin". :chuckle:

stillers4me
12-07-2009, 09:54 PM
Damn, I forgot all about Rodgers! I'd put him top 5 and take Flacco out of my top 10.

Especially after tonight.

UltimateBengal
12-07-2009, 09:57 PM
:pin:

I guess it's better than "pumpkin". :chuckle:

Yes it is pumpkin!:wink02:

stillers4me
12-07-2009, 09:58 PM
Suck up.

:sofunny:

UltimateBengal
12-07-2009, 10:01 PM
Suck up.

:thumbsup:Whatever works!!!:flap:

MasterOfPuppets
12-08-2009, 12:01 AM
to say that palmer sucks or is a bust is about as retarded as bengal fans on thier board saying ben sucks ( yes they do ). palmers not a top 5 QB, but he certainly isn't bottom 5 either.

supa_fly_steeler
12-08-2009, 08:56 AM
to say that palmer sucks or is a bust is about as retarded as bengal fans on thier board saying ben sucks ( yes they do ). palmers not a top 5 QB, but he certainly isn't bottom 5 either.

well people said Vick sucked, he had 80 qb ratin one season.

a bust does not mean he's a bottom 5 qb, itmeans he has underachieved, which he has, he hasn't done anything for the team since that one good year, no disrespect to the bengal fans here.

revefsreleets
12-09-2009, 02:32 PM
Vick is a bust...he is NOT an NFL caliber QB.

supa_fly_steeler
12-09-2009, 03:19 PM
Vick isn't a bust, he has broken more NFL records than Roethlisberger or Brees.

revefsreleets
12-09-2009, 03:27 PM
Vick isn't a bust, he has broken more NFL records than Roethlisberger or Brees.

He can't read a defense and he isn't an accurate passer. His career completion % is 53.7 % and his QBR is positively Kordellesque at 75.8.

He's a running back who knows how to pass the ball a little.

supa_fly_steeler
12-09-2009, 05:04 PM
He can't read a defense and he isn't an accurate passer. His career completion % is 53.7 % and his QBR is positively Kordellesque at 75.8.

He's a running back who knows how to pass the ball a little.

he threw a career high 4 touchdown passes against pittsburgh according to some of his fanboy sites lol.

you could say that about dixon, although dixon knows how to pass, we have to respect that a quarterback is a quarterback regardless of his skills.

Supa fly steeler

Mr. Dô
12-11-2009, 03:01 AM
:thumbsup:
Well...don't forget that they were horrible when he WAS in last year too, they just continued to be horrible after he got injured as well lol.

I don't think he's a total bust, it's not like he's Russell or anything, but I don't think he's as good as some people make him out to be either.
don't forget he only played a few games and he was playing injured how the hell do you think he was out for so long in the first place. trying to play even though he was hurting.
carson pamer looks like a douchebag = bust.

i find him ugly sorry guys gotta call him a bust as it does sound fing stupid, but thats some of my reason with his stats. lol
so that's your description of a bust because someone looks like a douchebag? and they are ugly?

keep the great insights coming :sofunny:

Peyton Manning
Drew Brees
Tom Brady
Ben Roethlisberger
Brett Favre
Aaron Rodgers
Philip Rivers
Kurt Warner
Carson Palmer
Eli Manning

my list would be

Drew Brees
Brett Favre
Philip Rivers
Payton Manning
Tom Brady
Carson Palmer
Ben Rothlisberger
Vince Young
Kurt Warner
Aaron Rodgers

supa_fly_steeler
12-12-2009, 10:42 AM
carson palmer better than roethlisberger.

share the weed and ectasy please it must be good.

do you have benson ranked higher than chris johnson?????

stupid homer

Mr. Dô
12-12-2009, 11:55 AM
before this year I would have had Benson over Chris but can't do that after seeing what he's done this year lol

and what is funny is you comparing what chris johnson is to RB would be what Ben is to the QB position lol

how many times does ben get knocked down on his ass over and over every game? 38, he averages 3.1 sacks per game

230 Sacks in his entire career, Averages 2.7 Sacks every game

he spends more time on his ass then throwing or running

supa_fly_steeler
12-12-2009, 01:27 PM
when did i compare big ben to chris johnson lol.

michael vick is a better quarterback than palmer

Mr. Dô
12-12-2009, 01:52 PM
first you compare The Best RB in the league this year to Benson as compared Ben to Palmer

then you compare a RB to Palmer saying the RB is better than Palmer

your idea of a good QB is a RB at the QB position :rofl:

SteelCityMom
12-12-2009, 01:58 PM
before this year I would have had Benson over Chris but can't do that after seeing what he's done this year lol

and what is funny is you comparing what chris johnson is to RB would be what Ben is to the QB position lol

how many times does ben get knocked down on his ass over and over every game? 38, he averages 3.1 sacks per game

230 Sacks in his entire career, Averages 2.7 Sacks every game

he spends more time on his ass then throwing or running

I don't know...how many SB and playoff wins does Ben average in his 6 year career?

Mr. Dô
12-12-2009, 02:56 PM
I don't know...how many SB and playoff wins does Ben average in his 6 year career?

I was waiting for this one to come up :rofl:

the Steelers have averaged 2 out of 6 so that would be .333

now if you want to count how many the Steelers won in spite of Ben's crappy playing in that super bowl? 1 out of 6 lol

because you have a ring does not mean you won the super bowl :rofl:

ask Tommy M. and Charlie Batch

they have a ring yet they didn't do anything to earn it

SteelCityMom
12-12-2009, 03:02 PM
I was waiting for this one to come up :rofl:

the Steelers have averaged 2 out of 6 so that would be .333

now if you want to count how many the Steelers won in spite of Ben's crappy playing in that super bowl? 1 out of 6 lol

because you have a ring does not mean you won the super bowl :rofl:

ask Tommy M. and Charlie Batch

they have a ring yet they didn't do anything to earn it

Laugh all you want, but while his performance was bad in the SB...you can't deny he was a very important factor in them getting there. IMO, he did a lot more than what people give him credit for. There's no way the Steelers even make it to the post season with Batch or Maddox at QB, let alone get to the SB.

He's 8-2 for the post season...and in only one of those wins did he have a bad performance. I don't know about you, but I'd say that's a pretty good record.

Also, even if you were to exclude one SB win b/c of bad performance, Ben still has a better record than all but 2 QBs still active in the league as far as SB wins compared to years played goes. (Brady obviously being first, and E. Manning having one in 6 years).

Mr. Dô
12-12-2009, 03:05 PM
Laugh all you want, but while his performance was bad in the SB...you can't deny he was a very important factor in them getting there. IMO, he did a lot more than what people give him credit for. There's no way the Steelers even make it to the post season with Batch or Maddox at QB, let alone get to the SB.

He's 8-2 for the post season...and in only one of those wins did he have a bad performance. I don't know about you, but I'd say that's a pretty good record.

I ain't denying he's a good QB, but I love to laugh at people when they think that he actually did something in Super Bowl 40 that gives him the right to claim that he won the game for the Steelers

not to mention it's not Him that is 8-2 it's the Steelers that are 8-2 with him and other players on the team

supa_fly_steeler
12-12-2009, 04:45 PM
ben might of not played well in detroit, but did carson even play well enough to carry that convict team past the steelers?

try not to say about carsons injury, we kept crushing you for the next few years continuing from 2010.

Mr. Dô
12-13-2009, 01:20 AM
ben might of not played well in detroit, but did carson even play well enough to carry that convict team past the steelers?

try not to say about carsons injury, we kept crushing you for the next few years continuing from 2010.

I can tell right now I'm going to have plenty of fun with you

yes if he continued to do what he did in that play he got injured he would have carried them past the steelers with ease as he threw that ball down 75 yards into Chris perry's hands as he got injured :chuckle:

now onto the further years after that, he's done pretty damn good the following Year. not up to par after that injury no and I would not call any of your games against us crushing lol.

2006 we beat you guys once, by 8 points while only lost by 6 in overtime
2007 we lost both games, first by only 11 points the second was the closest you got to "crushing" us by a 14 point victory.

2008 don't count as you didn't face Palmer at all that year

oh might I add that you did say "continuing from 2010"

you do realize that 2010 hasn't even arrived so you can't continue from that year when that year hasn't even arrived :toofunny:

CantStop85
12-13-2009, 02:47 AM
yes if he continued to do what he did in that play he got injured he would have carried them past the steelers with ease as he threw that ball down 75 yards into Chris perry's hands as he got injured :chuckle:
It was a 66 yard completion to Chris Henry and he (Chris Henry) also got injured on that play you dumb ****.

Now can you please leave?

You're the reason Cincinnati fans look retarded.

MasterOfPuppets
12-13-2009, 03:12 AM
It was a 66 yard completion to Chris Henry and he (Chris Henry) also got injured on that play you dumb ****.

Mr. Dô
12-13-2009, 03:28 AM

Dumb ****? is that how you speak to your own mother?

I knew it was a chris and wasn't sure on the yards either way my point is that he made one hell of a play in the second play of the game, I wonder how personal attacks are dealt with around here.

You just met me and you assume I'm a dumb **** because of one mistake.

how about you can Shut the F up.

supa_fly_steeler
12-13-2009, 08:55 AM
actually ryan clark would be there to destroy chris henrys body coming 2010.

you cant even score a touchdown against us if your such a great team lol.

SteelCityMom
12-13-2009, 10:40 AM
I ain't denying he's a good QB, but I love to laugh at people when they think that he actually did something in Super Bowl 40 that gives him the right to claim that he won the game for the Steelers

not to mention it's not Him that is 8-2 it's the Steelers that are 8-2 with him and other players on the team

I'd love for you to find me a quote where Ben, or anyone (fan or otherwise) claims that Ben won SB 40 for the Steelers lol. Maybe your reading comprehension is a tad off, but I said he's one of the main reasons they got there. I know (and he knows) the team carried him in that game. He earned that ring though with his performances in the regular and post season. Like I said, with Batch or Maddox at QB for the regular season...the Steelers don't even make the playoffs let alone win a single game in the playoffs.

And yeah, the whole team with Ben is 8-2 in the post season, but it makes a huge difference who's at QB. Just ask the playoff teams that were led by Kordell, Maddox, Tomczak or O'Donnell lol.

CantStop85
12-13-2009, 01:51 PM

I knew it was a chris and wasn't sure on the yards either way my point is that he made one hell of a play in the second play of the game, I wonder how personal attacks are dealt with around here.

MasterOfPuppets
12-13-2009, 01:59 PM

actually it was 2 ....just sayin...:noidea:

Mr. Dô
12-14-2009, 12:31 AM
I'd love for you to find me a quote where Ben, or anyone (fan or otherwise) claims that Ben won SB 40 for the Steelers lol.
I don't know...how many SB and playoff wins does Ben average in his 6 year career?you said that he WON it lol how many does he average a WIN not how many does the steelers average while he is their QB lol

Details Details ma'am I like to get strick with them at times. if you want to talk about how many times the steelers average with him on their team then sure, but not how many times He's won it lol

I know (and he knows) the team carried him in that game. He earned that ring though with his performances in the regular and post season. Like I said, with Batch or Maddox at QB for the regular season...the Steelers don't even make the playoffs let alone win a single game in the playoffs.

And yeah, the whole team with Ben is 8-2 in the post season, but it makes a huge difference who's at QB. Just ask the playoff teams that were led by Kordell, Maddox, Tomczak or O'Donnell lol.
oh as I said before he's a good QB and he did help them get there. props to that he has great season stats. and no doubt he's good at what he does but he didn't WIN it for the steelers :flap:
actually it was 2 ....just sayin...:noidea:

yeah yeah lol but in one post at least

Angus Burgher
12-14-2009, 12:54 AM
I'm not going to talk too much smack here because I will acknowledge that the Steelers have been awful for the past 5 weeks and it started with the Cincy game, so props to the Bengals for that. They may have actually been the ones to destroy our team this season.

That being said, it was fun seeing the Bengals get their asses kicked up and down the field today. I wouldn't call Palmer a bust, but boy did he turn in a crappy performance. To not even hit 100 yards and then to sit out the end of the game, I guess because he just didn't want to risk getting hurt... this is why no one thinks of this guy as an elite QB other than people who live in Cincy and a few analysts who still give him props for being hot shit in college.

Also, it was great seeing Ochosphincter get bopped in the face and then proceed to start jumping around like a little bitch. I couldn't hear...did he break his nose? I hate that guy and any time he gets hurt, it brings a smile to my face.

SteelCityMom
12-14-2009, 02:04 AM
you said that he WON it lol how many does he average a WIN not how many does the steelers average while he is their QB lol

Details Details ma'am I like to get strick with them at times. if you want to talk about how many times the steelers average with him on their team then sure, but not how many times He's won it lol

:rolleyes: Uh yeah, cause that's obviously what I meant...that Ben won the SB all by himself. Please. Don't worry, I'd be nit picky about details too if my favoritist QB couldn't lead my team to a playoff win let alone a SB win.

oh as I said before he's a good QB and he did help them get there. props to that he has great season stats. and no doubt he's good at what he does but he didn't WIN it for the steelers :flap:

Yes he does have good regular season stats...and even better post season stats. And no, as explained before, he didn't win the SB, or any game, all by himself...it takes a team. He does wear the rings though, and that signifies that he's won a SB (just like every other player on the team wears a ring signifying that they won a SB). I understand how a Bengal fan wouldn't be able to grasp that concept.

Enjoy your nit picking though!

Mr. Dô
12-14-2009, 02:50 AM
I'd love for you to find me a quote where Ben, or anyone (fan or otherwise) claims that Ben won SB 40 for the Steelers lol.

Don't worry, I'd be nit picky about details too if my favoritist QB couldn't lead my team to a playoff win let alone a SB win. There you go again, claiming that Ben lead the Steelers to a Super Bowl win by your own statement that's why I'm nit picking.

oh wait his first Super bowl he didn't lead crap to a win :toofunny: he was just CRAP

I only say he earned one of those rings he has. he's earned two Championship wins and the other playoff wins he has but only one Super bowl win, get it right :chuckle:

Yes he does have good regular season stats...and even better post season stats. And no, as explained before, he didn't win the SB, or any game, all by himself...it takes a team. He does wear the rings though, and that signifies that he's won a SB (just like every other player on the team wears a ring signifying that they won a SB). I understand how a Bengal fan wouldn't be able to grasp that concept.

Enjoy your nit picking though!
actually it signifies that they were on a team that won the super bowl

that their team won it. not that they won it.

please refrain from trying to claim a ring means anything less than the TEAM winning the big game

Texasteel
12-14-2009, 06:46 AM
Nice job picking out a few letters in a full sentence to change the meaning to what you want. How long have you worked in the news media.

Fact is, Ben did what he had to do in his first SB to help his team win, and was a major player in getting them there. In the second many of us thought he was the MVP of the SB.

If you ever get to Pittsburgh, start with the first trophy and count 5, thats all the fingers on one hand including the thumb. That is one of the SBs that Ben wears a ring for. You might want to take a picture as well. You most likely will never see one in Cincy.

SteelCityMom
12-14-2009, 09:56 AM
There you go again, claiming that Ben lead the Steelers to a Super Bowl win by your own statement that's why I'm nit picking.

oh wait his first Super bowl he didn't lead crap to a win :toofunny: he was just CRAP

I only say he earned one of those rings he has. he's earned two Championship wins and the other playoff wins he has but only one Super bowl win, get it right :chuckle:

He was the leader of the offense...he led them to a SB win...twice. He earned both rings, no matter what you or anyone else thinks of his performance.

actually it signifies that they were on a team that won the super bowl

that their team won it. not that they won it.

please refrain from trying to claim a ring means anything less than the TEAM winning the big game

Wow, your logic is astounding. Here I was thinking that the trophies in the trophy cases was the symbol of the team winning and that the rings were the symbol of the individuals effort to get the team there and win it. Again, I'm not surprised you don't understand the concept of this.

Angus Burgher
12-14-2009, 10:44 AM
It's ridiculous to say that Ben doesn't "deserve" his first Super Bowl ring. Tommy Maddox got a ring that year. What did he contribute to the game? Mendenhall got one last year. He certainly was a huge factor in that game, wasn't he?

That's why we have football TEAMS. Because not every player is going to be perfect in every game. And true, Ben might not have been great in Super Bowl XL, but had he not had a run-in TD, the score might have been 14-10 as opposed to 21-10. He also made a few crucial first downs, particularly one at the end of the game where he ran for it himself. So like it or not, he did factor into the win despite having a fairly poor performance overall.

And yes, he WAS the MVP of Super Bowl 43. I love Santonio and his catch at the end was amazing, but if Ben hadn't thrown that ball absolutely perfectly, it never would have happened.

Mr. Dô
12-14-2009, 11:54 PM
He was the leader of the offense...he led them to a SB win...twice. He earned both rings, no matter what you or anyone else thinks of his performance. he earned his second SB Ring. and I can say he earned a Playoff MVP award if they give those lol for the first road to SB. he did shit in the first SB itself. so how is that earning anything? one TD? wow even though it wasn't one thanks to the Refs giving him that TD he wouldn't even have that. The steelers were damn lucky the seahawks were just that much worse then they were that game.

Wow, your logic is astounding. Here I was thinking that the trophies in the trophy cases was the symbol of the team winning and that the rings were the symbol of the individuals effort to get the team there and win it. Again, I'm not surprised you don't understand the concept of this.
ok you do have a point on the trophy being that symbol of the team.

but then again the Ring just shows everyone they were on the team that won it, (I guess they thought it would be impossible for the players to carry that trophy they won everywhere, and in different places. so they had to make a symbol small enough for every player who knew it would have been a trouble to make so many trophy's for them.

:chuckle:

It's ridiculous to say that Ben doesn't "deserve" his first Super Bowl ring. Tommy Maddox got a ring that year. What did he contribute to the game? Mendenhall got one last year. He certainly was a huge factor in that game, wasn't he? I'm sorry Mr. Angus but You just pointed out one particular reason why a RING means absolutely NOTHING when trying to compare someone that has a ring to others that don't.

The point you brought up was Tommy Maddox. he has a ring and he did even worse than Ben that game :| hell the way Ben played I would say he probably would have done better :rofl: and that's saying much. why Ben picked that game to suck up badly I have no clue. but he didn't do much in that game but hold the Steelers back.

That's why we have football TEAMS. Because not every player is going to be perfect in every game. And true, Ben might not have been great in Super Bowl XL, but had he not had a run-in TD, the score might have been 14-10 as opposed to 21-10. He also made a few crucial first downs, particularly one at the end of the game where he ran for it himself. So like it or not, he did factor into the win despite having a fairly poor performance overall.
you are talking about that TD that the Refs GAVE him? where he fell a few inches short of the endzone? nice, even with out that TD the Steelers still would have won with the incompetence of the Seahawks
And yes, he WAS the MVP of Super Bowl 43. I love Santonio and his catch at the end was amazing, but if Ben hadn't thrown that ball absolutely perfectly, it never would have happened.

even though I still don't agree that was an actual TD and the Cardinals should have won that game. the steelers still played a great game nonetheless and the MVP should have gone to Santonio.

SteelCityMom
12-15-2009, 02:21 AM
Like talking to a brick wall pretty much...pointless, and I've wasted enough font on it lol. You can't explain winning traditions to a fan of a team that has never won anything I guess.

MasterOfPuppets
12-15-2009, 03:05 AM
Like talking to a brick wall pretty much...pointless, and I've wasted enough font on it lol. You can't explain winning traditions to a fan of a team that has never won anything I guess. its pretty pointless...hey if bengal fans are happy with the 1 playoff appearance palmer has led them to .... :applaudit:

HometownGal
12-15-2009, 06:43 AM
Like talking to a brick wall pretty much...pointless, and I've wasted enough font on it lol. You can't explain winning traditions to a fan of a team that has never won anything I guess.

Yep - you nailed it. Save your font and your sanity - let him babble on incessantly. When all is said and done - 6 > 0. :tt02:

Nadroj 20
12-15-2009, 08:47 AM
even though I still don't agree that was an actual TD and the Cardinals should have won that game. the steelers still played a great game nonetheless and the MVP should have gone to Santonio.
O yea? why dont you look again and try to open your eyes a little bit and look pass the fact it was the Steelers and use a little bit of football knowledge....both feet were down case closed.

supa_fly_steeler
12-15-2009, 11:22 AM
A dog killer has more of a successful career than a quarterback leading a convict filled team.

Mr. Dô
12-15-2009, 10:01 PM

first time I ever heard someone even say save font or enough font when talking about words on the screen

anyways I guess it's to much for someone to understand humility when one's QB sucked up the field in the big game of all games. should be happy enough with the win itself then trying to defend that crappy performance he had

Mr. Dô
12-15-2009, 10:03 PM
O yea? why dont you look again and try to open your eyes a little bit and look pass the fact it was the Steelers and use a little bit of football knowledge....both feet were down case closed.
one foot was down I agree.
A dog killer has more of a successful career than a quarterback leading a convict filled team.
excuse me? convict filled team?

please explain to me again, how many players consist of a team? 53 or a few lol

because we got rid of most of those guys from 2006 lol

Nadroj 20
12-15-2009, 10:09 PM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/blog/2009/02/picture-of-santonio-holmes-with-2-two-feet-down-for-touchdown/

Sorry looks pretty clear to me Mr. D

Mr. Dô
12-15-2009, 10:53 PM
from that angle it does look good but I have seen from other angles, unfortunately for me I don't have the said proof

MasterOfPuppets
12-15-2009, 11:30 PM
http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/1954/catchy.jpg (http://img199.imageshack.us/i/catchy.jpg/)

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/1995/catch2.jpg (http://img198.imageshack.us/i/catch2.jpg/)

CantStop85
12-16-2009, 01:15 AM
http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/1954/catchy.jpg (http://img199.imageshack.us/i/catchy.jpg/)

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/1995/catch2.jpg (http://img198.imageshack.us/i/catch2.jpg/)

Nope...obviously photoshopped. :flap:

Preacher
12-16-2009, 01:38 AM
from that angle it does look good but I have seen from other angles, unfortunately for me I don't have the said proof

It only takes one view to show both feet on the ground.

it renders all other views obsolete.

MasterOfPuppets
12-16-2009, 02:04 AM

it renders all other views obsolete. preacher..you know your just gonna confuse the dolt with logic like that....:doh:

stillers4me
12-16-2009, 05:22 AM
excuse me? convict filled team?

please explain to me again, how many players consist of a team? 53 or a few lol

because we got rid of most of those guys from 2006 lol

Mike Brown is still signing every sadsack, misfit, and locker room cootie he can get his hands on. Win at any cost is his motto.

Chris Henry, Andre Smith, Larry Johnson and Shaun Smith ring a bell?

Mr. Dô
12-16-2009, 05:51 AM
http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/1995/catch2.jpg (http://img198.imageshack.us/i/catch2.jpg/)I can believe it from this photo, I don't think I have seen that angle before lol

it renders all other views obsolete.but the point is the photo you showed had questions in it though, yours didn't show a good angle

Mike Brown is still signing every sadsack, misfit, and locker room cootie he can get his hands on. Win at any cost is his motto.

Chris Henry, Andre Smith, Larry Johnson and Shaun Smith ring a bell?

so 4 people consist of a Team? please excuse me but still that's missing 49 other people

and last time I checked Shaun Smith got cut