PDA

View Full Version : Should Troy sit out the rest of the season?

GridironWarrior
12-07-2009, 05:27 PM
I think he should. It doesnít look like the Steelers will make the playoffs and I think itíd be best to just rest him so he doesnít set himself back. The Steelers could get some more looks at Mundy at SS perhaps. At least get him some more experience.

stillers4me
12-07-2009, 05:31 PM
No.

With that logic, we should sit Ben and let Dixon get some more experience, because Ben is probably going to get hurt again next year.

Steelerfreak58
12-07-2009, 05:32 PM
Let him sit the season smell like a giant pile of ... well you know.

Merchant
12-07-2009, 05:32 PM
No. Have you even looked at the wildcard picture and the remaining schedules of each team? Steelers aren't done yet. You people give up too easily. It ain't over till we're mathematically eliminated.

But for us to have any chance to win out and finish 10-6 we NEED troy.

fansince'76
12-07-2009, 05:33 PM
We're not mathematically eliminated from the playoff picture, so I would say no.

stillers4me
12-07-2009, 05:34 PM
No. Have you even looked at the wildcard picture and the remaining schedules of each team? Steelers aren't done yet. You people give up too easily. It ain't over till we're mathematically eliminated.

But for us to have any chance to win out and finish 10-6 we NEED troy.

ding ding ding......winner!

GridironWarrior
12-07-2009, 05:39 PM
OH I looked at each schedule, but since this is such a weird season for them, not getting the bounces and good calls against in their favor I just donít see them getting any breaks to reach the playoffs. I just donít want Troy to risk further injury by rushing back when we can have him healthy for next year. Him rushing back and doing further damage isnít worth it in the long run. I think the only tough team the Jags play are the Colts so even if they lose that game theyíll probably still get the final spot anyway.

BlastFurnace
12-07-2009, 05:53 PM
I think the question is being answered for us.

He's too hurt to play. We may not see him the rest of the year anyway.

solardave
12-07-2009, 05:59 PM
No.

With that logic, we should sit Ben and let Dixon get some more experience, because Ben is probably going to get hurt again next year.

What are you talking about logic.Ben isn't injured. The knee injury that Troy has will probably require surgery during the off season.I'm sure he'll play after this week but he's taking a risk. Your logic doesn't hold water either.

stillers4me
12-07-2009, 06:01 PM
What are you talking about logic.Ben isn't injured. The knee injury that Troy has will probably require surgery during the off season.I'm sure he'll play after this week but he's taking a risk. Your logic doesn't hold water either.

DUH>>>>>>>>>>>>>It wasn't meant to be logical. And neither is keeping a player off the field that is ready to play, when the season isn't over yet.

solardave
12-07-2009, 06:02 PM
I think the question is being answered for us.

He's too hurt to play. We may not see him the rest of the year anyway.

Thank You. you said it better than I did.

HometownGal
12-07-2009, 06:30 PM
Troy should only play if that knee is close to being 100%. We haven't been eliminated yet by the numbers and though I don't believe having him in the lineup will guarantee us a W or a playoff spot, it sure would help.

SC Gamecokk
12-07-2009, 07:39 PM
if we are officially eliminated from the playoffs, and if he's not 100%, he should sit the rest of the year. he's had knee problems all year so he needs to rest if he's not completely healed!

AllD
12-07-2009, 08:30 PM
Time to sit down the Tasmanian Devil so he can be prepared to work with all the new secondary players next season.

stillers4me
12-07-2009, 08:33 PM
Tomlin already answered this in his press conference.

Troy will play as soon as he's cleared.

Q: Will Troy’s availability depend on playoff possibilities?

A: No, his availability is based on his health and we’re not going to let circumstance change that approach. That’s not the right thing to do, so when he is ready to play we’ll play him.

Q: Would you consider not playing him the rest of the year depending on how his health coincides with playoff chances?

A: (Shakes head sideways, chuckles) I play to win. I play to win. If that scoreboard’s on, we’re playing to win. Last I heard they’re going to have it on.

MACH1
12-07-2009, 08:35 PM
Wait and see what happens thursday.