PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin: Some Steelers about to lose jobs

Steelboy84
12-07-2009, 06:03 PM
By ALAN ROBINSON, AP Sports Writer 2 minutes ago

PITTSBURGH (AP)—No more motivational slogans from coach Mike Tomlin. No more talk of his Pittsburgh Steelers redeeming themselves for past mistakes. No more grandiose promises to unleash havoc on the NFL for the rest of the season.

Tomlin’s response to the Super Bowl champions’ latest improbable loss and the franchise’s longest losing streak since 2003? He’s taking out an eraser and wiping away names.

A starter gone here, a backup moving up there. A rookie starts, a veteran goes to the bench.

The Steelers traditionally don’t make panicky personnel moves or bench a player because of a bad game or two. But what Tomlin calls “a pattern of behavior that’s unacceptable” will result in lineup changes Thursday in Cleveland.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-steelerslostseason&prov=ap&type=lgns

HometownGal
12-07-2009, 06:07 PM
Tomlin's clip is on KDKA right now and the above story is correct, but as he said - we won't know until Thursday night who's going to be on that field and who's going to be collecting splinters in their hineys.

Shoes
12-07-2009, 06:09 PM
Good!

fansince'76
12-07-2009, 06:09 PM
Let Ben call all the plays - that'll solve everything! :chuckle:

Steelboy84
12-07-2009, 06:13 PM
I hope next year that we have the toughest schedule known to man. I want all the big boys: Colts, Giants, Cowboys, Saints, Pats, Eagles, Vikings, all of em. When we play tough teams, we play up to their level. Sad teams, down to their level. 5 of our 6 losses have been to what my cousin calls "roody-poo" teams. Kansas City, Oakland, Bungals twice, and the Bears aren't going anywhere either. Went 15-4 with the toughest schedule in league history with a SB ring.

We need all tough teams. All SB contending teams. We'll bring it every week then.

supa_fly_steeler
12-07-2009, 06:15 PM
matt spaeth? ike taylor? who's it gonna be? i have no idea i gave just accusiations lol.

GOOD. LETS UNLEASH HELL or at least keep our corners on a leash

Steelerfreak58
I hope next year that we have the toughest schedule known to man. I want all the big boys: Colts, Giants, Cowboys, Saints, Pats, Eagles, Vikings, all of em. When we play tough teams, we play up to their level. Sad teams, down to their level. 5 of our 6 losses have been to what my cousin calls "roody-poo" teams. Kansas City, Oakland, Bungals twice, and the Bears aren't going anywhere either. Went 15-4 with the toughest schedule in league history with a SB ring.

We need all tough teams. All SB contending teams. We'll bring it every week then.

Yup. I think too many people in the locker room expected to be in the playoffs this year when they looked at the schedule and forgot to show up and really play the games.

Last years schedule was plain out brutal and we find a way to win the SB this years schedule seemed like a walk in the park and it doesn't even look like we will make the playoffs.

stillers4me
Give'em hell, Mike!

Those guys walk past 6 Lombardi trophies on their way to work everyday. It is a privalage and and honor to put on the black and gold Steelers uniform. If any man can't live up to those standards, and cannot contribute to the high level of expectations that is expected in this franchise, then step to the back of the line. Mediocrity will not tolerated.

While this may have come too late to save our season this year, it may very well set the tone for every season under Mike Tomlin. It sure set a fire under Mendenhall.

Steelerfreak58
12-07-2009, 06:17 PM
matt spaeth? ike taylor? who's it gonna be? i have no idea i gave just accusiations lol.

GOOD. LETS UNLEASH HELL or at least keep our corners on a leash

Gay has got to be one of them. Thursday will be interesting to watch.

Steelboy84
12-07-2009, 06:18 PM
The way Tomlin is talking on ESPN right now, I'd be scared to death to be a player in that locker room. Everyone's job is at stake. Tomlin is pissed!

Shoes
12-07-2009, 06:22 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09341/1019081-100.stm

Tomlin may bench some starters against Cleveland
Monday, December 07, 2009
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Mike Tomlin promised possible sweeping changes to the Steelers lineup for their next game in Cleveland Thursday night.

Enduring a four-game losing streak that has knocked his team to 6-6, Tomlin said there is an" undesirable pattern of behavior" in losing games in the fourth quarter and that he will take an "aggressive look at potential changes" in his lineup and his schemes.

Among the changes he noted is the likelihood that rookie cornerbacks Joe Burnett and Keenan Lewis not only will play but could start against Cleveland and that veteran cornerback Ike Taylor possibly could lose his starting job.

A few changes will be necessary because it appears Hines Ward will not play because of a late-game hamstring injury from the Steelers' 27-24 loss to Oakland Sunday. That means Limas Sweed will move up on the depth chart and either he or rookie Mike Wallace will start Thursday. Tomlin also said they will sign a fourth wide receiver for the game -- they released veteran receiver Shaun McDonald Nov. 28.

Also, Troy Polamalu is likely to miss his fourth straight game with his knee injury and cornerback William Gay is being evaluated after he left Sunday's game with a concussion.

Tomlin said he expects defensive end Travis Kirschke to be available to play in Cleveland after he missed his fourth game in the past five with a calf injury.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09341/1019081-100.stm#ixzz0Z32uJpHH

stillers4me
12-07-2009, 06:22 PM
The way Tomlin is talking on ESPN right now, I'd be scared to death to be a player in that locker room. Everyone's job is at stake. Tomlin is pissed!

He should be. They made him look pretty foolish.

Steelerfreak58
12-07-2009, 06:25 PM
He should be. They made him look pretty foolish.

Yup. Losing to Jokeland has got to be one of the worst things in the world I know I live here on the West Coast and not one Jokeland fan would bet me any money so I got lucky but my heart still hurts!:doh:

HometownGal
12-07-2009, 06:26 PM

No, no, no - you've got it all wrong Gary! Let Tomlin call the plays as a couple of members stated. You know - all of that offensive coaching he's done in the past. :chuckle: :toofunny:

Shoes
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/6508/what-are-the-steelers-changes

What are the Steelers' changes?
December, 7, 2009
Dec 7
1:20
PM ET
Email Print Share
By James Walker
PITTSBURGH -- To break a four-game losing streak, Steelers (6-6) head coach Mike Tomlin promised to make changes in the starting lineup for Thursday's game against the Cleveland Browns (1-11).

Tomlin added that he will be looking at all three phases up until game time.

So what are the potential lineup changes? After giving up three touchdowns in the fourth quarter against the Oakland Raiders, I anticipate most of them coming on defense.

Here are some possibilities:

CB William Gay replaced by Joe Burnett

Why: This is the easiest to predict because Gay (concussion) is injured and unlikely to play on a short week. Tomlin said Burnett likely will be the starter if Gay cannot play. Keenan Lewis also is in the mix. But even if Gay is available, I think he’s skating on thin ice. He has struggled in recent weeks in coverage.

S Ryan Clark/Tyrone Carter replaced by Ryan Mundy

Why: Tomlin could have an interesting decision at safety with Mundy waiting in the wings. He’s a young player the coaching staff has liked since training camp. And with Clark playing poorly and Carter limited as a playmaker, Mundy could start in place of either player. It’s really a matter of who Tomlin feels needs to be replaced.

LB Lawrence Timmons replaced by Keyaron Fox

Why: Fox replaced Timmons earlier this season when he was hurt, and Pittsburgh played some of its best defense of the season. Tomlin likely remembers and could look to Fox again. Timmons has been at his best as a specialty player who can come off the bench and cover a tight end or rush the passer. But, whether it’s injuries or performances, he has struggled at this season as an every down player.

CB Ike Taylor replaced by Keenan Lewis

Why: Could Tomlin really go with two rookie cornerbacks against Cleveland? I don’t think so. Taylor has allowed some big plays and struggled to hold on to potential interceptions. But he’s still the team’s best cover cornerback, and it would be a huge risk to pull Taylor from the starting lineup.

Also on the injury front, receiver Hines Ward injured his hamstring late against the Oakland Raiders and is “very questionable.” Rookie receiver Mike Wallace likely would start if Ward cannot go. Safety Troy Polamalu (knee) also is not expected to play Thursday.

xbroughneck

Gay will be out due to the concussion.

I see Carter being replaced as well.

The only offensive player I can't understand getting a paycheck is Spaeth.:doh:

supa_fly_steeler
12-07-2009, 06:27 PM

he's out of the game...

ike taylor needs to be benched, to get his head right. usi got benched in NYG, and he came back played beastly game same with rhodes in NYJ.

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO :tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04:

I GOTTA FEELING WE GONNA WIN BIG! :tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03:

but seriously matt spaeth needs to go lol.

Riddles of Steel
12-07-2009, 06:45 PM
I hope this is more "lighting a fire" underneath these guys butts than actual action.

Gay...absolutely. He's getting picked on constantly and isn't making plays. I know he's injured this week and probably out anyways, but we need a solution.

Clark has too much potential. He needs to start playing up to what he's capable of playing. I've never been a fan of Carter's, but he has stepped in to be "OK" since Troy went down.

Newbie here, btw, so I guess a friendly hello is in order.
:tt04::tt02::tt04:

SteeleReign
12-07-2009, 06:46 PM
I disagree with Timmons being benched. Sure, he's missed a tackle or two & an assignment or two, but he's still learning. In his first year as a starter he missed some games due to injury, so I give him a pass.

The thing I like about him is that he's giving all-out effort & seems to be involved in every play....he's flying to the ball, which is more than we can say for a few. His mistakes can be attributed to inexperience...but what excuse does Ike, Ryan, Tyrone, et al have?

SteelGhost
12-07-2009, 06:58 PM
I disagree with Timmons being benched. Sure, he's missed a tackle or two & an assignment or two, but he's still learning. In his first year as a starter he missed some games due to injury, so I give him a pass.

The thing I like about him is that he's giving all-out effort & seems to be involved in every play....he's flying to the ball, which is more than we can say for a few. His mistakes can be attributed to inexperience...but what excuse does Ike, Ryan, Tyrone, et al have?

Me too, IMHO Timmons is playing really well, all the LB's are doing their jobs. :tt:

xbroughneck
12-07-2009, 06:59 PM

+1

Timmon's problems are due to inexperience. Overruning certain plays are prime examples of his inexperience. He has to learn how to use that speed he has.

Tyrone and Gay are replaceable IMHO. Not that either is horrible. I just don't see Tyrone giving more than he's given (which isn't enough) and I'm not sure I like the way I see William playing corner on this defense. He's ok, but we need better than that opposite Ike.

Ike is what Ike is. He's FAST and he can jam receivers at the line. He's learned decent technique since he's come to the Steelers. He's not an all star, but he's good enough to start.

I think there should be open competition for the starting spot opposite Ike though. There are two CBs we drafted this year that I think can give us at LEAST what William gives us.

If we weren't looking to save money William wouldn't have beaten out McFadden for that starting spot.

Tone's Toes
12-07-2009, 07:00 PM

Agreed. He hasn't been perfect, but he's only 23 years old and a first year starter. I also think his struggling is overblown. Our run D isn't that bad and he has 6 sacks and 4 forced fumbles too.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
12-07-2009, 07:07 PM

How do you figue. Ben brought us from behind 2 times in the 4th quarter (he wasnt calling the plays).... It is sadly our defense that is causing many loses this year

SteelerEmpire
12-07-2009, 07:12 PM
Man. Can't miss the next game for anything.... gonna be JUICY !!!!!!! :tt03:

supa_fly_steeler
12-07-2009, 07:23 PM
Question: Ike [Taylor] had some chances to make some plays and hasn’t. Will he be part of this equation where you’ll be looking at possible changes?
Mike Tomlin: Certainly, certainly. I think that it’s appropriate, that we look at giving some guys some opportunities to see if they can play. What that means, or to what extent that means changes should be made, I think that’s a little bit premature. But I acknowledge that that’s taking place.

stillers4me
12-07-2009, 07:34 PM
How do you figue. Ben brought us from behind 2 times in the 4th quarter (he wasnt calling the plays).... It is sadly our defense that is causing many loses this year

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_656557.html

Roethlisberger didn't come up short when he audibled for a keeper on a second-and-8 at the Oakland 19 late in the fourth quarter, picking up a first down on the run that set up the scoring pass to Ward.

Score one for the big guy with the headset and the shoulder pads.

steelerchad
12-07-2009, 07:44 PM

Too bad you won't get your wish. Next years schedule is already out except for 2 games.
We have the 3 division games 2 times each (bengals, ravens, browns)
AFC East (Pats, Dolphins, Bills, Jets)
NFC South (Panthers, Falcons, Saints, Bucs)
and the last 2 games if we finish 3rd in our division like we are now would be (Raiders, Texans)

hardly the brutal schedule your looking for. In fact very comparable to this years.

Rick5895
12-07-2009, 07:48 PM
INteresting opinions here. I will enter the fray with mine. Lewis and Burnett should both start. Let Ike come in as the nickel . I disagree about rmoving Timmons. HIs speed has saved us in some situations.
I think it is time to have Spaeth go the way of the do do bird, the same with the three TE set. Only 1 wr means we are running, not rocket science. I also think Mundy should replace Carter. Of course that is if Mundy keeps his head in the game and stops taking dumb penalties.

SteeleReign
12-07-2009, 07:48 PM
Too bad you won't get your wish. Next years schedule is already out except for 2 games.
We have the 3 division games 2 times each (bengals, ravens, browns)
AFC East (Pats, Dolphins, Bills, Jets)
NFC South (Panthers, Falcons, Saints, Bucs)
and the last 2 games if we finish 3rd in our division like we are now would be (Raiders, Texans)

hardly the brutal schedule your looking for. In fact very comparable to this years.

Well, based on our performance to date, I would say that schedule is brutal...:chuckle:

stillers4me
12-07-2009, 07:52 PM
Well, based on our performance to date, I would say that schedule is brutal...:chuckle:

We've already had 4 losses to 3 of those teams this year. :doh:

Pay back is a bitch. :tt03:

SteeleReign
12-07-2009, 07:52 PM
INteresting opinions here. I will enter the fray with mine. Lewis and Burnett should both start. Let Ike come in as the nickel . I disagree about rmoving Timmons. HIs speed has saved us in some situations.
I think it is time to have Spaeth go the way of the do do bird, the same with the three TE set. Only 1 wr means we are running, not rocket science. I also think Mundy should replace Carter. Of course that is if Mundy keeps his head in the game and stops taking dumb penalties.

I agree with all of this. Although, I'm not sold on the Ike Taylor benching long-term. Maybe a 1-game ride on the pine will get him straight.

The fact is, I've never thought of Ike as a #1 corner. He's a #2 & would have little problem shutting down most #2 receivers. We need to find a #1 shut-down type of corner. So, lets find out if Burnett or Lewis is that #1 guy.

Preacher
12-07-2009, 08:04 PM

:buttkick:

:chuckle:

SteelCityMom
12-07-2009, 08:07 PM
So THIS is the kind of hell that should have been unleashed after the loss to KC lol.

Good for Tomlin, I like that he's sending a strong message to some of his starters (and most of them are probably going to be on defense) that he can't trust them to even win a game against the Browns right now.

Nighthawk
12-07-2009, 08:15 PM
i'll believe the moves when I see it... I hope he does do it though. I think most moves will come from injuries and people returning. We might see more Ziggy however... Our line, TE's, and backfield will stay the same.... Ward out - Wallace and Sweed in. Ben out and Dixon in :flap:

Seriously though... Our defense will see a majority of the changes I think. Probably a Hood/Hampton/Kiesel front 3... Timmons or Fox + Farrior, Woodley and harrison... Secondary is where it'll get interesting... Taylor + Burnett / Lewis... Ryan Clark + Mundy maybe but I'd actually like to see Deshea get a crack at SS... They could also possibly have Clark switch to SS, and Carter play FS which is where Carter seems to play a little better and Clark can try to do his Troy P impersination is Troy can't go

steeltheone
12-07-2009, 08:27 PM
Get Farrior out of there on passing downs and find his replacement next year

Steel-Bryan
12-07-2009, 09:03 PM
TIMMONS HAS BEEN PLAYIN EXCELLENT. Yea he has a few missed tackles, but hes been rushing the Qb every game, and Lamaar woodley is only 2 sacks behind Harrison :wink02:

BlastFurnace
12-07-2009, 10:02 PM
Ty Carter better be on the bench

BlastFurnace
12-07-2009, 10:04 PM
No, no, no - you've got it all wrong Gary! Let Tomlin call the plays as a couple of members stated. You know - all of that offensive coaching he's done in the past. :chuckle: :toofunny:

In either case...he is shaking things up. What we had wasn't working....why not.

Preacher
12-07-2009, 10:24 PM
Naaa...

I say put Timmons as Safety and just let him headhunt all game long. :chuckle:

BlastFurnace
12-07-2009, 10:30 PM
I think it is a mistake to take Timmons out of the starting lineup if they actually look at him as their starting ILB of the future.

The season is pretty much toast. Let him play and get some more experience.

Bluedust
12-07-2009, 10:30 PM

Kick the whole secondary to the curb, that'll be a good start.

devilsdancefloor
12-07-2009, 10:34 PM
Naaa...

I say put Timmons as Safety and just let him headhunt all game long. :chuckle:

honestly he couldnt be any worse than carter has been playing:chuckle:

SteelerEmpire
12-08-2009, 12:26 AM
Plain and simple... the secondary will only continue to struggle without troy as part of it.... Expect an even higher level of confusion with the 2nd and 3td stringers in there thurs. and the Browns to be pass happy to try to exploit this weakness...
IT IS THE ULTIMATE EMBARRASSMENT FOR THIS DEFENSE TO BE BROKEN UP LIKE TOMLIN WILL DO THURS...

Angus Burgher
12-08-2009, 12:27 AM
I hope Tomlin knows what he's doing here. I agree, out defensive backs suck... but putting rookies or back-ups in for veterans could have disasterous results. I really don't want to see us get embarrassed by yet ANOTHER lousy team. But I hope that this is the right choice.

However, if he does something really stupid like swap Ben out for Dixon (I know this wouldn't happen, just saying) or benches Mendy for Parker (there's always a chance of this happening) it could be a long game.

X-Terminator
12-08-2009, 01:00 AM
I hope Tomlin knows what he's doing here. I agree, out defensive backs suck... but putting rookies or back-ups in for veterans could have disasterous results. I really don't want to see us get embarrassed by yet ANOTHER lousy team. But I hope that this is the right choice.

However, if he does something really stupid like swap Ben out for Dixon (I know this wouldn't happen, just saying) or benches Mendy for Parker (there's always a chance of this happening) it could be a long game.

Seriously, could those guys honestly do any worse than the regulars in the secondary? The Browns were going to be pass-happy WITH those guys in. So what would be the difference?

BlockMonsta
12-08-2009, 01:12 AM
As for people saying Matt Speath maybe getting cut, is he not our 2nd TE. Or has DJ replaced him? I know DJ's blocking is good, what about hands?

MasterOfPuppets
12-08-2009, 01:27 AM
didn't cowher bench taylor after the last SB ? ....

MasterOfPuppets
12-08-2009, 01:42 AM
that piss poor effort by taylor on the 2nd to last TD when he just tried to push him out of bounds instead of tackling is probably what pissed tomlin off.

Steeldude
12-08-2009, 01:46 AM
But what Tomlin calls “a pattern of behavior that’s unacceptable” will result in lineup changes Thursday in Cleveland

why isn't anyone calling tomlin a hater? :smile:

Steeldude
12-08-2009, 01:50 AM
well it looks like taylor will be benched. i was going to say carter might be benched also, but with possibly 2 rookie CBs likely to start, i think they will keep carter in there due to his experience.

the LBs will probably remain the same. i can't see the DL really changing. the OL is pretty much set. out doubt anyone off the bench could do any better at the moment. ward is likely put because of his hamstring. i think wallace starts over sweed.

Steeldude
12-08-2009, 01:52 AM
speaking of taylor; he isn't the only lazy player i see on the field. what's sickening is the fact when one of these players makes a play they always have the energy and personal time to showboat and/or do a fruity dance.

ricardisimo
12-08-2009, 01:56 AM

He was a wide receiver in college, which obviously meant he was going to coach the defensive secondary in the pros. We're just carrying this logic to it's next step, which is having him use his defensive pedigree to call offensive plays.

Steeldude
12-08-2009, 02:09 AM
You know - all of that offensive coaching he's done in the past.

he wasn't a HC in the past, but the steelers hired him. i for one don't think he should call the plays, but if he has a hunch that a play/scheme may work then he should speak up.

RoethlisBURGHer
12-08-2009, 02:53 AM
Keenan Lewis has a pass hit him in the BREADBASKET and he drops the easy INT that would have won the game.

I don't really know if he'd be any better than Gay. But Gay is out with his concussion, so Lewis is probably gonna start.

As for Mundy, he let that rookie WR catch the winning TD pass, so is he really going to be an upgrade over Carter?

And Ike might not START, but he will probably get significant playing time because I don't see two rookie corners playing the entire game against the Browns.

BlockMonsta
12-08-2009, 02:56 AM
Ike also dropped a game winning pick, and so did D-Townsend back to back weeks. Or it might have been the same game.

redst3
12-08-2009, 02:57 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09341/1019081-100.stm

Tomlin may bench some starters against Cleveland
it appears Hines Ward will not play because of a late-game hamstring injury from the Steelers' 27-24 loss to Oakland Sunday. That means Limas Sweed will move up on the depth chart and either he or rookie Mike Wallace will start Thursday. Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09341/1019081-100.stm#ixzz0Z32uJpHH

Oh Plu-leese not Sweed. Oh please dont do that. Havent we sunk far enough????

MasterOfPuppets
12-08-2009, 03:00 AM
Keenan Lewis has a pass hit him in the BREADBASKET and he drops the easy INT that would have won the game.

I don't really know if he'd be any better than Gay. But Gay is out with his concussion, so Lewis is probably gonna start.

As for Mundy, he let that rookie WR catch the winning TD pass, so is he really going to be an upgrade over Carter?

And Ike might not START, but he will probably get significant playing time because I don't see two rookie corners playing the entire game against the Browns.

that was burnett.....

"Moving forward this week and beyond, we can't continue to do what we've been doing and assume that that pattern of behavior is going to change and those outcomes are going to change. So we're analyzing all aspects of what we're doing here, specifically this week, and are going to be aggressive in terms of looking at potential changes in not only what we do schematically, but who we have do it in all three phases."

Tomlin quickly mentioned his two rookie cornerbacks as most likely to benefit from a change in lineup. Joe Burnett, who dropped an interception that would have staved off Oakland's comeback victory drive with 40 seconds left Sunday, probably will start at left cornerback, whether William Gay (concussion) can play or not.

"It's going to be Joe Burnett," Tomlin said. "Keenan Lewis is going to get an opportunity to play. We want to see both of those guys. They're young guys; they've been working. We want to see both of those guys play."

He indicated that veteran starting cornerback Ike Taylor might be affected in a shake-up.

"Certainly," Tomlin responded. "I think that's appropriate that we look at giving guys some opportunities to see if they can play. What that means or to what extent that means changes will be made I think is a little premature, but I acknowledge that that's taken place."

Taylor's string of starting 45 consecutive games at cornerback is in jeopardy. He has been their most consistent cornerback and often has been assigned to guard the opposition's best receiver. But former coach Bill Cowher demoted Taylor during the 2006 season, not starting him for five games because of poor play.

Other possibilities as new starters are rookie defensive end Ziggy Hood, safety Ryan Mundy, guard Ramon Foster and possibly even linebacker Keyaron Fox.

"We can't stay status quo in terms of how we're approaching this thing and expect the pattern of behavior or outcome to change," Tomlin explained. "That's unrealistic. That's hoping. This is not a hope business. I'm not a hope-mentality person. I think our guys are of the same mindset, so I don't expect any surprise or discontent in regards to this approach, to be quite honest with you."

Tomlin said his changes could come on offense, defense and special teams -- he added Hood, their top draft pick, to the kickoff team Sunday.

"When you're squandering scoring opportunities offensively, you're giving up plays and not making plays at critical moments defensively, you have a pattern of behavior that's unacceptable that's going to produce losses, which is what has happened," Tomlin said. "We acknowledge and accept responsibility for that. We're going to take appropriate action.

WH
12-08-2009, 03:44 AM
Tomlin won't do shit outside of resting injured players and cutting scrubs from Special teams. If he sits Ike Taylor.....I'll be floored.

solardave
12-08-2009, 03:55 AM

He's already out with a concussion. I heard Burnett will fill in for him . I wouldn't be surprised to see Lewis taking Ike's spot.

Galax Steeler
12-08-2009, 04:58 AM
I don't care what Tomlin does as long as it helps us out and corrects a few problems. If sitting Taylor helps our team out then I say sit him. Whatever it takes.

Rick5895
12-08-2009, 06:29 AM
that piss poor effort by taylor on the 2nd to last TD when he just tried to push him out of bounds instead of tackling is probably what pissed tomlin off.

It wasn't Taylors best effort, and he should see the pine for a week, help get his head straight, but there was also no safety help up top, the safety (Clark I believe) bit on the play action. That to is unacceptable!

WH
12-08-2009, 06:39 AM
Yeah, set him and remind him that he used to back up Chad Scott.

stlrtruck
12-08-2009, 08:43 AM
It's all LIP SERVICE until they put it out on the field successfully!

The_WARDen
12-08-2009, 09:15 AM
It's all LIP SERVICE until they put it out on the field successfully!

I agree.. I'm SO tired of the talking and promises for this and for that.

FacemeIke
12-08-2009, 10:55 AM
My thoughts are Carter is out and Mundy is in, one of the rookies will start as Gay is injured anyways and the other rookie CB will take Deshea's spot in nickle coverages. Probably will see some more of Ziggy too.

I dont get all the Ike hate, no one complained about him last year when he was shutting down #1 wide outs. On the first of the 2 big plays in the 4th quarter last game there was a mix up either Ike was wrong about having help from Carter or Carter was wrong and should have been helping deep. Its impossible for us to know. On the jump ball play along the sideline Ike went up with the receiver and was right there, you couldnt really have asked for him to be in better position there, however you had Deshea over running the play and then just watching instead of getting involved in the play. The lack of effort on that play by Deshea really bothered me.

markymarc
12-08-2009, 08:49 PM

I am with you on that. There is no way Timmons should be benched for Fox. If anything Farrior should be benched for Fox IMO.

markymarc
12-08-2009, 08:52 PM
Ty Carter better be on the bench

No kidding and he better not be on the roster next season. I am tired of seeing him on the field.

markymarc
12-08-2009, 08:57 PM
Good for Mike Tomlin. While I think it's a little late for these kind of changes at least he is doing it before the season ends. Let's see what we have in Keenan Lewis and Joe Burnett. I think Ike Taylor and TC should both be benched. Let Keenan Lewis start for Taylor and Mundy start for TC. They can't be any worse than what we have seen from Ryan Clark, TC, Ike Taylor and William Gay the past 4 weeks.