PDA

View Full Version : So will Hines take his own medicine???

desertsteel
12-08-2009, 12:37 PM
So is Hines Wars going to take his own medicine and suck it up and play?!?!? I contend that this is a bigger game than the Ravens at this juncture. If he doesn't, he should keep his mouth shut about our QB in the future!

BlastFurnace
12-08-2009, 12:49 PM
Hines has nothing to prove to us or to Ben. Ben had nothing to prove to Hines or to us.

The irony of this situation rivals when Troy criticized the league about their policy on violence in the game and then went and got a concussion the very next game.

In either case, Hines has proven...as has Ben..that he is tough.

desertsteel
12-08-2009, 12:57 PM
Hines has nothing to prove to us or to Ben. Ben had nothing to prove to Hines or to us.

The irony of this situation rivals when Troy criticized the league about their policy on violence in the game and then went and got a concussion the very next game.

In either case, Hines has proven...as has Ben..that he is tough.

I agree. But I don't think Hines thinks Ben is tough enough. He called him out for not playing hurt. Now it's his turn.

Merchant
12-08-2009, 01:00 PM
Playing hurt against baltimore and playing hurt against cleveland are two different things. Although I must admit no team is a gimme anymore after KC and Oakland

supa_fly_steeler
12-08-2009, 01:03 PM
players have been known to play with concussions, hamstrings no, they limit what you can do, whilst concussions have bad long after effects.

hines played in the super bowl hurt, wouldnt suprise me if he caught a key pass this week if he plays.

desertsteel
12-08-2009, 01:32 PM
Playing hurt against baltimore and playing hurt against cleveland are two different things. Although I must admit no team is a gimme anymore after KC and Oakland

Not when you've lost 4 in a row.

The_WARDen
12-08-2009, 01:44 PM
What was the BS that he spewed?

Oh yeah... They needs their Receiver out there! He should lie about his injury...everyone's played hurt. This is an important game! The locker room is 50-50.

Come one Hines...you talked now it's time to walk.

:popcorn:

Edman
12-08-2009, 01:58 PM
Ben: "If I got hurt I would've played. Locker Room is 50-50 on this."

There. The weekly controversy. I think I take this injury on Hines as a teeny bit of karma for shooting off against Ben for something that was out of his control. Ben got pulled from the game by coaches' decision. He didn't volunteer himself out.

atlsteelers
12-08-2009, 01:59 PM
ben is a crybaby hines is a warrior.

The_WARDen
12-08-2009, 02:00 PM

then why isn't he sucking it up in a must win game?

atlsteelers
12-08-2009, 02:08 PM
then why isn't he sucking it up in a must win game?

there is a differnce between a hammy acting up and taking most of the reps at qb all week while telling the coaches you feel great then telling the doctor that you are having headaches.

The_WARDen
12-08-2009, 02:41 PM
there is a differnce between a hammy acting up and taking most of the reps at qb all week while telling the coaches you feel great then telling the doctor that you are having headaches.

he opened his mouth...suck it up and play.

desertsteel
12-08-2009, 02:42 PM

Good. We'll see him on Thursday night.

vasteeler
12-08-2009, 02:51 PM

you really dont believe that do you?

d2609j
12-08-2009, 02:54 PM
Looks like it's 50/50 on here on who the true baby is. Honestly neither one should have played or should play. Id rather have Hines for GB. They are both warriors.

DoubleYoi
12-08-2009, 03:31 PM
You guys are absolutely ridiculous for still talking about this. Regardless of who's side you're taking, you're going to alienate one of the best players on this team because of some stupid comments RODNEY FREAKIN HARRISON made after a Hines Ward interview?!?!?!? I agree Hines should've kept his mouth shut but Rodney Harrison is the reason people are making such a big fuss about this whole mess.

Also, why didn't Ben get bashed after Super Bowl XL? He publicly lobbied to keep Plaxico and to draft a tall receiver after the Steelers let him go. He went on to win the Super Bowl with two of the shortest receivers in recent history and nobody jumped down his throat and tried making him eat his words.

So you're saying Hines should play in this game just to show how tough he is? So what happens when we beat the Browns and show a sign of life in the Wildcard race but are without our leading and most clutch receiver for the rest of the year because he played with a bad hamstring? All to shut a couple of disloyal panic-induced fans up? No thanks. I'd rather get everyone healthy, beat the Browns and have our best team moving forward.

Anyway, here's to making the trip with 30,000 Steelers faithful on Thursday. Let's invade Cleveland and smack them in the mouth. :drink:

Rick5895
12-08-2009, 04:12 PM
If any player is hurt and shouldn't go, they shouldn't play. Having Hines out there with a hamstring injury IMO is silly. He would be a detrement to the team if he is not 100%. Secondly when we beat the Browns we will need a healthy Hines the rest of the way.

Jaquila
12-08-2009, 05:08 PM
STFU! both guys are tough, this team would be nothing without these guys.
Just move on and led this be the past just like they did...

we got much more serious things to worry about!

gregorious_steel
12-08-2009, 05:17 PM
Regardless of the fact, Rodney Harrison is a ****ing tool who shouldn't have a job on Sunday nights. He knows nothing, and has ****ing peanuts for brains. Someones gotta tell that washed up piece of shit to shut the **** up. I can't stand him.

steel striker
12-08-2009, 05:46 PM
You have to wonder how effective Hines will be with that hamstring injury? This could be Sweed's chance to show he actually has something. I know how this sounds but, man we are the walking wounded. Save Hines for GB& rematch with the rats.

HometownGal
12-08-2009, 05:59 PM
What was the BS that he spewed?

Oh yeah... They needs their Receiver out there! He should lie about his injury...everyone's played hurt. This is an important game! The locker room is 50-50.

Come one Hines...you talked now it's time to walk.

I agree 100%. Suck it up Hines and get your hiney out there on Thursday night.

Neither Ben or Hines have anything to prove but that isn't the point. Hines yapped about Ben not playing against the Ravens and turn about is fair play. Seems like bad juju may have taken a bite out of Hines' fanny.

Jaquila
12-08-2009, 07:03 PM
i can see what you mean, but this gotta be the most stupid discussion consider what position this team is in, I certainly hope that this is not what they are talking about in the locker, because then we've already lost to the browns on thursday

desertsteel
12-08-2009, 10:48 PM
I started this thread and you're right, those of you who said it's ridiculous. That's my point. But it's only 1% as ridiculous as calling out the QB on national TV.

You should not play If you're injured AND either:

a) you're jeopardizing your future health (Ben)
b) your play could hinder not help the team (Hines)

The moral to the story is: Keep your freaking mouth shut Hines!!!

augustashark
12-09-2009, 02:40 AM
:jerkit:

Steeldude
12-09-2009, 05:15 AM
headache vs. hamstring

i'll take the headache over the hamstring

DoubleYoi
12-09-2009, 09:24 AM
I agree 100%. Suck it up Hines and get your hiney out there on Thursday night.

Neither Ben or Hines have anything to prove but that isn't the point. Hines yapped about Ben not playing against the Ravens and turn about is fair play. Seems like bad juju may have taken a bite out of Hines' fanny.

You seriously think Hines should go out there and play with a bad hammy? This is the exact reason that people are even still talking about this moot point. You're letting Rodney Harrison form an opinion for you and are now turning your back on the best WR in Steelers history because of it. Rodney is/was a dirtbag and never liked Ward which is exactly why he made such a big deal about what Hines said.

Bottom line is that Ben didn't start, we lost to the Ravens in a close game and we now could have a healthy Ben and Hines for the rest of the year. That apparently isn't enough for you though and you're calling for Hines to put his money where his mouth is and play injured just to prove something to you?

The_WARDen
12-09-2009, 09:44 AM
You seriously think Hines should go out there and play with a bad hammy? This is the exact reason that people are even still talking about this moot point. You're letting Rodney Harrison form an opinion for you and are now turning your back on the best WR in Steelers history because of it. Rodney is/was a dirtbag and never liked Ward which is exactly why he made such a big deal about what Hines said.

Bottom line is that Ben didn't start, we lost to the Ravens in a close game and we now could have a healthy Ben and Hines for the rest of the year. That apparently isn't enough for you though and you're calling for Hines to put his money where his mouth is and play injured just to prove something to you?

No one's turning their back on Hines...we're just saying that he's not backing up his macho talk.

By the way, I believe those words came out of Ward's mouth not Harrisons.

steelax04
12-09-2009, 09:48 AM
Wasn't it an ex-Patriot* that really stirred the pot about this?