PDA

View Full Version : "Steelers unleash hell a week later"-Dilfer

eafratitpm3
12-08-2009, 01:13 PM
Trent Dilfer said he believes the Steelers will win out and it will be them and Denver as the AFC Wildcards. He said that they will unleash hell a week later.

stb_steeler
12-08-2009, 01:24 PM
Hmmm thought that was supposed to happen Sunday....:noidea:

4xSBChamps
12-08-2009, 01:30 PM
Hmmm thought that was supposed to happen Sunday....:noidea:
..... naw..... it was supposed to happen the Sunday before last..... or was it the Sunday before that?

either-way, if 'em Stillers don't improve their level of play, they'll get plastered in the playoffs if they DO make it this year

Vincent
12-08-2009, 01:32 PM
Trent Dilfer said he believes the Steelers will win out

I believe I'll have a scotch.

SteelerEmpire
12-08-2009, 01:35 PM
Its cool what Dilfer said... I'm all for keeping hope alive.

But the scary thing is that "several" credible voices said that we would win "all" of the last 4 games... ....................................... scary......

Angus Burgher
12-08-2009, 02:08 PM
Cool, I always liked Dilfer. If you want proof that the Ravens are a total ****-knocker organization, all you have to is consider that they released their quarterback after he lead them to a Super Bowl victory.

Granted, Dilfer may not have been a top talent, but he was good enough to get them there, and he deserved better than that.

plenewken
12-08-2009, 02:17 PM
Trent Dilfer said he believes the Steelers will win out and it will be them and Denver as the AFC Wildcards. He said that they will unleash hell a week later.

As far as "unleashing hell", I believe it when I see it. So far, it's been pretty much over promise and under deliver.

KeiselPower99
12-08-2009, 02:50 PM
I dont care if we unleash hell or start slapping peoples grandmas. I wanna see this team finish a game like they did against Denver.

Gnutella
12-08-2009, 04:11 PM
Better still, I want the offense to pretend they're playing the Chargers, and the defense to pretend they're playing the Broncos. That way, we won't commit any turnovers, and our defense will outscore our opponents' offense.

stillers4me
12-08-2009, 06:15 PM

I won't tell you all the dream I had Saturday night. It wasn't pretty, more like a nightmare. :noidea:

I can't say it out loud.

markymarc
12-08-2009, 09:23 PM
First and foremost the Steelers MUST win out and need the Jaguars to falter down the stretch. It's very possible and I will cheer them on until they are officially eliminated.

pepsyman1
12-09-2009, 01:35 AM
I dont care if we unleash hell or start slapping peoples grandmas. I wanna see this team finish a game like they did against Denver.

EXACTLY....I want to see this team actually use all their talent and just bury somebody. If our team is supposedly ranked 5th or 6th in defense and 7th in offense than shouldn't we be winning games by big margins? We need to pound out a few games and look like defending champs....I've still got my fingers crossed that we truly will see "hell unleashed" on some opponents

Steeldude
12-09-2009, 05:20 AM
hell was unleashed last week. look at the results. i don't want to see the steelers' version of hell again.

4xSBChamps
12-09-2009, 05:48 AM
hell was unleashed last week. look at the results. i don't want to see the steelers' version of hell again.

da radio is blastin', someone's knocking at da door
I'm lookin' at my girlfriend, she's passed out on da floor
I seen so many things I ain't never seen before
don't know what it is..... I don't wanna see no more

Mama Told Me Not To Come, by Three Dog Night

SteelStang
12-09-2009, 07:51 AM
It has become quite easy for pundits to predict our 'strong finish' because we have done it often over the last several years. While I have every reason to believe we can do it, I also see some things that point in the other direction such as injuries to very key people. I hope that Dilfer is right.:tt04:

BlastFurnace
12-09-2009, 07:53 AM
I won't tell you all the dream I had Saturday night. It wasn't pretty, more like a nightmare. :noidea:

I can't say it out loud.

Can it be worse than what we have watched the last 4 weeks?

BlastFurnace
12-09-2009, 07:54 AM
Honestly, this is the first Steelers game in a very long time where I have absolutely no expectation from them at all. I have no idea what we are going to see.

steelballs
12-09-2009, 08:19 AM
Honestly, this is the first Steelers game in a very long time where I have absolutely no expectation from them at all. I have no idea what we are going to see.

I'm with you on this one....who the hell knows what we're in store for Thursday night.

The one thing I do know is that the stains will be fired up and looking for revenge. We've abused these guys for so long they'll be looking for this game to help soften the sting of another lost season. The stains would like nothing better than to be the final nail inn the Steelers 09' coffin.

SteelStang
12-09-2009, 09:29 AM
I'm with you on this one....who the hell knows what we're in store for Thursday night.

The one thing I do know is that the stains will be fired up and looking for revenge. We've abused these guys for so long they'll be looking for this game to help soften the sting of another lost season. The stains would like nothing better than to be the final nail inn the Steelers 09' coffin.

I'm with you both on this. People keep telling me, "Aw, it's the Browns, you should get a W." and then I remind them of Oakland, KC, etc. and they go "Ya, good point."

I have absolutely no idea what will happen other than for the Browns, THIS is their super bowl.

steeldawg
12-09-2009, 09:32 AM
I see hell out on the field
HELL = OUR SECONDARY

4xSBChamps
12-09-2009, 09:35 AM
I'm with you both on this. People keep telling me, "Aw, it's the Browns, you should get a W." and then I remind them of Oakland, KC, etc. and they go "Ya, good point."

I have absolutely no idea what will happen other than for the Browns, THIS is their super bowl.

a win against 'em Stillers might keep Linguini employed with the Browns another year

steelerchad
12-09-2009, 09:45 AM
..... naw..... it was supposed to happen the Sunday before last..... or was it the Sunday before that?

either-way, if 'em Stillers don't improve their level of play, they'll get plastered in the playoffs if they DO make it this year

I'm not happy about how we're playing right now either, but if we win the next 4 and get in the playoffs I don't think we'll be getting plastered. Nobody all year has plastered us. All 6 games have been 3 point losses except for Cincy a 6 point loss. 2 in OT.

Just take the Cincy games for example. They won by 3 and 6 in those 2 games. Needed to come from 10 down to win it with under 30 seconds left in the first game and needed a KO return TD to hold on by 6 in the second. Both games without Troy.

Don't take Cincy for the patsy they normally are either. They're a solid team this year and sit in the #2 spot in the AFC right now. If we're healthy and get in, I give us a decent shot against anyone. Getting in is going to be the biggest problem. But if we DO win 4 in a row and get Troy back lookout.