PDA

View Full Version : Eric Berry!!!

skinart82
12-08-2009, 04:01 PM
Does anybody else PRAY that we are looking at drafting Eric Berry? Just Imagine a secondary with both Troey and Eric Berry. By far the two best safties in the league( I will never give a ratbird credit, so sorry reed).

skinart82
12-08-2009, 05:13 PM
It's good stuff and I do share. Living in Vol country I have seen a LOT of Eric Berry and personally I would just love to have him as a Steeler. And doesn't that happen with every high draft pick, never taken a snap and gets paid more than some vets. Look at Stafford, I'm just saying that it would be awesome to have that dude next to Troy.

devilsdancefloor
12-08-2009, 05:16 PM
take a look at morgan burnett (im pimping him early lol) But i am also looking at Safties in general so far he is standing out. I am sure the draft gurus could tell you who else

St33lersguy
12-08-2009, 05:18 PM
Does anybody else PRAY that we are looking at drafting Eric Berry? Just Imagine a secondary with both Troey and Eric Berry. By far the two best safties in the league( I will never give a ratbird credit, so sorry reed).

He would be a tremendous steal but I have my hopes set on Joe Haden or Rolando McClain

MasterOfPuppets
12-08-2009, 05:37 PM
The steelers have zero chance of getting berry. the next best option would be Earl thomas (if he comes out early) and most likely that would require at least a top 18 pick he's # 2 in the country in interceptions and # 3 in passes defended.

Steel-Bryan
12-08-2009, 11:30 PM
How about Mays ? anyone think he can play FS ?

MasterOfPuppets
12-08-2009, 11:54 PM
How about Mays ? anyone think he can play FS ? mays is garbage in coverage.i really thought he'd improve this year in coverage...he didn't. good in run support. freak athlete with his size and speed combo. but has no ball instincts. i think he should gain 10 or 15 lbs and move to linebacker.

Texasteel
12-09-2009, 01:04 AM
He would be a tremendous steal but I have my hopes set on Joe Haden or Rolando McClain

Both very good players, and we could land in the area that they should be taken.

Texasteel
12-09-2009, 01:06 AM
The steelers have zero chance of getting berry. the next best option would be Earl thomas (if he comes out early) and most likely that would require at least a top 18 pick he's # 2 in the country in interceptions and # 3 in passes defended.

Thomas has become my hearts desire as well. Will be watching for his name on the declared list.

Steeldude
12-11-2009, 02:32 PM
berry can also play CB.

MDSteel15
12-14-2009, 11:47 AM
Please Santa, all I want for Christmas is Berry!!!

revefsreleets
12-14-2009, 02:21 PM
Coleman has better stats, and is only a few pounds lighter. Berry is also weak against the run. Wait a round or two and you get a guy who's half a step slower but a more rounded player in Coleman.

steelpride12
12-14-2009, 02:26 PM
Berry has what 4 INT's during his whole college career and 0 this last season. We can't expect much from that field. He is little and fast and good for the run game, but he won't be making any big plays im not impressed.

mesaSteeler
12-14-2009, 05:56 PM
The Official Eric Berry-To-Pittsburgh Petition
TJ Jenkins by
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/308242-the-official-eric-berry-to-pittsburgh-petition
Analyst

As you may or may not know, a good friend of mine has turned me onto the wonders of the University Of Tennessee strong safety.

In the short time that I've been following Eric Berry personally, I've loved every second of what I've seen.

Think an Ed Reed coverage type that's going to have success at the next level. Maybe not the degree of success that Reed has enjoyed, but their styles of play are very similar. Though I'd give Berry the edge as far as tackling goes, Reed of course will always stand out in my mind as the best safety in the game.

Think about the options and versatility it would give the Pittsburgh Steelers secondary. Berry can play any position in the secondary. He has the speed and cover skills to play corner, as well as the mental edge, toughness, and ability to read an offense, which safeties need to excel.

Should Ryan Clark be re-signed we could play the Tennessee star at cornerback opposite of Ike Taylor. A few Steelers fans are going to be on board for that suggestion simply because of the venom that is spewed when one mentions William Gay.

If Clark isn't re-signed, though I expect him to be, then a safety combination of Troy Polamalu and Berry could be a lethal combination for the next few years.

He recently won the Thorpe award and was voted a consensus All-American for the third time in his three year college career.

He is without a doubt a player that could step into a starting role in the defensive backfield and make an immediate impact.

The only problem is that a lot of teams are going to want him and already want him. The only viable solution is for the Steelers to trade up to get him.

Perhaps it's a pipe dream but maybe not. After all - dreams do come true sometimes.

Sign your name to this petition if you're on board with the Berry To Pittsburgh Movement.

JHSilverback
12-14-2009, 06:01 PM
How about Mays ? anyone think he can play FS ?

hes like clark and rather look for the big hit than trying to pick off the ball

MasterOfPuppets
12-14-2009, 06:08 PM
Berry has what 4 INT's during his whole college career and 0 this last season. We can't expect much from that field. He is little and fast and good for the run game, but he won't be making any big plays im not impressed.
wrong...he had 5 last year and 7 the year before. 2 this year....taylor mays only has 4.

Texasteel
12-14-2009, 06:19 PM
Been following Earl Thomas of Texas. If Berry comes out he will be out of our reach, I promise you that. If Thomas comes out he most likely will not be. I think Thomas could be every bit as good as Berry.

MasterOfPuppets
12-14-2009, 06:24 PM
Coleman has better stats, and is only a few pounds lighter. Berry is also weak against the run. Wait a round or two and you get a guy who's half a step slower but a more rounded player in Coleman.

oh really ?

senior ....coleman - 217 total tackles..... 9 ints
junior.......berry - 241 total ....14 ints
coleman - 64 tot.....36 solo
berry - 83 tot....54 solo

is there no end to your homerism ?

simonsfs30
12-15-2009, 11:13 AM
i would love to have berry on our team, he is a true playmaker, but there may be more pressing needs in other positions,

revefsreleets
12-15-2009, 01:47 PM
oh really ?

senior ....coleman - 217 total tackles..... 9 ints
junior.......berry - 241 total ....14 ints
coleman - 64 tot.....36 solo
berry - 83 tot....54 solo

is there no end to your homerism ?
Reading is fundamental. I said WAIT A ROUND OR TWO! Berry is going in the 1st. He probably won't even be there when we pick. As for the rest of your hater talk, care to add in the REST of the stats? Like INT's in 09? FF's? Sacks? Tackles for loss? he was also suspended for a game for a helmet-to-helmet hit.

MasterOfPuppets
12-15-2009, 09:50 PM
Reading is fundamental. I said WAIT A ROUND OR TWO! Berry is going in the 1st. He probably won't even be there when we pick. As for the rest of your hater talk, care to add in the REST of the stats? Like INT's in 09? FF's? Sacks? Tackles for loss? he was also suspended for a game for a helmet-to-helmet hit.
i was pretty much responding to THIS...
Berry is also weak against the run
which would lead one to believe he's not good at tackling. so i focused on tackles. but hey if you say a big ten 2nd teamer is a better all around player than an all american...then it MUST be true....i'm sure there was no OSU bias in your statement..:toofunny:

yes coleman missed a games this year , but he also participated in 6 more games than berry has.

tackles for loss
coleman - 9 solo ...11 total
berry.......- 16 solo....16.5 total

Steel Glory
12-16-2009, 12:44 AM
I think Berry is gone in the top 5 and I don't see the Steelers moving that high up the board. Although he is a great talent. Hopefully Thomas comes out like TexasSteel said. If he comes out next year he will definitely be out of reach and only improve his stock, unless has some freak injury that hurts his credibility. Still don't see him dropping to 32 next year
:tt03:

revefsreleets
12-16-2009, 10:41 AM
i was pretty much responding to THIS...

which would lead one to believe he's not good at tackling. so i focused on tackles. but hey if you say a big ten 2nd teamer is a better all around player than an all american...then it MUST be true....i'm sure there was no OSU bias in your statement..:toofunny:

yes coleman missed a games this year , but he also participated in 6 more games than berry has.

tackles for loss
coleman - 9 solo ...11 total
berry.......- 16 solo....16.5 total

I was strictly speaking of '09, since Coleman came into his own this year. His stats WERE better this year than Berry in every category BUT tackles....and there's even an explanation for that. I also DO think he's a better tackler, at least a nastier and more physical tackler. It's really not my (or Coleman's fault) that Tennessee had so many WR's and RB's running loose in their secondary this year.

The Steelers are not going to draft a Safety in the first rd. Clark and Troy have years left in them. So why waste a pick on a guy who may ride pine or play back-up for years to come? Isn't it smarter to look at 2 or even 3 rd talent and groom them?

Is your OSU hate SO blinding that you fail to see the logic in what I'm saying?

atlsteelers
12-16-2009, 12:57 PM
clark is a free agent after this season.

SteelMember
12-16-2009, 01:28 PM

Shhh. Those aren't the stats he was referring to. :doh:

The Steelers are not going to draft a Safety in the first rd. Clark and Troy have years left in them. So why waste a pick on a guy who may ride pine or play back-up for years to come? Isn't it smarter to look at 2 or even 3 rd talent and groom them?

Is your OSU hate SO blinding that you fail to see the logic in what I'm saying?

Wow. That's a bold statement.

We've had picks "ride the pine" all the time because of depth. That statement dosen't even make any sense... unless your Billichek, then trade everything for 2nd rounders.

revefsreleets
12-16-2009, 02:15 PM
And he'll be resigned. At least I HOPE he's resigned. If he's not, I'LL question the FO.

atlsteelers
12-17-2009, 01:12 PM
generally the FO resigns a player prior to them becoming free agents if they really want said player to stay around. think about harrison and miller this past off season. one of the few exceptions was chris kemoteau (i can not spell his name) we resigned him after he became a free agent last season.

I like clark and would like to see him remain with the steelers but can we really pay both safties big time money?

revefsreleets
12-18-2009, 11:57 AM
generally the FO resigns a player prior to them becoming free agents if they really want said player to stay around. think about harrison and miller this past off season. one of the few exceptions was chris kemoteau (i can not spell his name) we resigned him after he became a free agent last season.

I like clark and would like to see him remain with the steelers but can we really pay both safties big time money?

A first Rd safety will almost certainly cost more than Clark.