PDA

View Full Version : Polamalu Uncertain of 2009 Return !!!

SteelerEmpire
12-08-2009, 05:14 PM
Well.... kiss the season good bye.... LINK: http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d814d2488&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true
Sure as hell looking more worse than good... Everybody say a prayer for Troy sometime in your busy lives...

stillers4me
12-08-2009, 05:17 PM
No quotes......just speculation.

SteelerEmpire
12-08-2009, 05:21 PM
No quotes......just speculation.
Yea... got me a little concerned now... We need a "he will return on this spacific date" from the coaches... We had that with the first injury, but they haven't told us anything on this one... If we don't get him by Green Bay................??

HometownGal
12-08-2009, 05:33 PM
Well.... kiss the season good bye.... LINK: http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d814d2488&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true
Sure as hell looking more worse than good... Everybody say a prayer for Troy sometime in your busy lives...

Nothing definitive as of yet as to when or if Troy will return this season. Speculation, my dear Empire.

Though I believe Troy is a huge component of our D, I'm a firm believer that one player - even the best player in the NFL - doesn't guarantee a W or a L (or for that matter, the end of a season).

MaidenIndiana
12-08-2009, 05:41 PM
While the failure of Troy returning would certainly almost kill our already slim chances of making the playoffs this year, I would rather that he get healty for the seasons to come.

SteelGhost
12-08-2009, 05:53 PM
While the failure of Troy returning would certainly almost kill our already slim chances of making the playoffs this year, I would rather that he get healty for the seasons to come.

+1 :thumbsup:

Fire Haley
12-08-2009, 05:54 PM
Bullcrap. Put some tape on it and a brace and get him back out there and clank around for the team.
No more using Troy as a crutch for losing.

You too Hines - wrap it up and get your whiny ass on the field. The hell with next year, we want to win now.
Tell him Ben.

SteelStang
12-08-2009, 05:58 PM
Bullcrap. Put some tape on it and a brace and get him back out there and clank around for the team.

You too Hines - wrap it up and get your whiny ass on the field. The hell with next year, we want to win now.
Tell him Ben.

Ya!!

What he said!!:tt03:

tony hipchest
12-08-2009, 06:14 PM
just watching troys, bens, and hines comments on total access, i am really starting to wonder if there is more going on.

troy says he can probably go but wont be as effective and that his return wont cure what is going on right now.

ben says he is sure that hines will do what is best for hines.

hines says he will do whatever it takes to get out there and play.

i suspect tomlin makes a managerial decision and lets hines "heal", and no need to rush troy back (at this point i can imagine troy wondering if he has anything to rush back for).

if us fans think the team has let us down, i can imagine what troy is feeling.

stillers4me
12-08-2009, 06:16 PM
Lordy.....can things get any worse?

don't answer that.........

SteelGhost
12-08-2009, 06:28 PM
just watching troys, bens, and hines comments on total access, i am really starting to wonder if there is more going on.

troy says he can probably go but wont be as effective and that his return wont cure what is going on right now.

ben says he is sure that hines will do what is best for hines.

hines says he will do whatever it takes to get out there and play.

i suspect tomlin makes a managerial decision and lets hines "heal", and no need to rush troy back (at this point i can imagine troy wondering if he has anything to rush back for).

if us fans think the team has let us down, i can imagine what troy is feeling.

Hey Tony I was thinking the same thing, maybe the locker room is really 50/50 about something we don't know. :hunch: I hope whatever it is gets solved soon.

tony hipchest
12-08-2009, 06:31 PM
maybe hines thinks he has played with worse knee injuries than troy?

i bet thats it.

Fire Haley
12-08-2009, 06:33 PM
I hope Tomlin knows if his crew loses to Cleveland he will be run out of town on a rail, tarred and feathered.

SteelGhost
12-08-2009, 06:38 PM
Hines played with an injured knee before, but ... whatever it is, they have to act like and adults and recover that "Band of Brothers", it wouldn't hurt if they (Ben, Hines and Troy) have a conversation with Charlie Batch :chuckle:

steelwalls
12-08-2009, 06:39 PM
I can't lay all these losses on not having Troy. Sure he is a playmaker, but dang we do have other guys on D.

bradness113
12-08-2009, 06:52 PM
this is how i see this playing out...

if we win thursday...troy is back for GB. (still have a shot at playoffs.)
if we lose thursday...troy is done. (no point cuz our chance at playoffs is done.)

steelbad@50
12-08-2009, 07:30 PM

if we lose thursday...troy is done. (no point cuz our chance at playoffs is done.)Lose thursday?:crying03: now thats rock bottom

markymarc
12-08-2009, 08:35 PM
Though I believe Troy is a huge component of our D, I'm a firm believer that one player - even the best player in the NFL - doesn't guarantee a W or a L (or for that matter, the end of a season).

I second, third and fourth that :chuckle: I truly am tired of hearing about this defense struggling without Troy. Troy is in another leagues for safeties, but this defense should be able to close out teams like the Chiefs, Ravens, Raiders and Bengals.

tony hipchest
12-08-2009, 09:24 PM
I second, third and fourth that :chuckle: I truly am tired of hearing about this defense struggling without Troy. Troy is in another leagues for safeties, but this defense should be able to close out teams like the Chiefs, Ravens, Raiders and Bengals.by the same token, our offensive talent would definitely suggest we shouldve beaten the shit out of the chifs raiduhz, and rayvens, by 20 points.

(i will give the rayvens credit because we were with a third stringer and w/o ben.)

1 game may very well go down as the 1 that cost us the playoffs this year.

2 teams we beat (denver & chargers) absolutely destroyed the chiefs 2 weeks in a row after they embarrassed us. our defense shoulda been able to lie down, and our offense still been capable of destroying them.

it is what it is though. 6-6.

stillers4me
12-08-2009, 09:46 PM
it is what it is though. 6-6.

Welcome to Six-burgh.

Rick5895
12-09-2009, 04:13 AM
One player normally doesn't make that huge a difference. However, that being said, the Steelers defensive scheme revolves around Troy. The others are talented but they have more confidence and are far more aggressive, especially the CB's when Troy is playing. I was at the game on Sunday and away from the camera angles you can really see some of the indecision if you will in the CB's. and also with Clark who appears to be trying to do too much. Take the loss of Troy and add the loss of Aaron Smith and you can see the deficiencies in the D. There is not too many NFL teams that can lose two players with the talent Troy and Aaron have and still be dominant (to our expectations) on D.

Galax Steeler
12-09-2009, 04:18 AM
Win or loose Thursday night Troy need to get healed before he comes back. I wouldn't want him to get a injury that could take him out for a long long time.

Rick5895
12-09-2009, 04:31 AM
Another foot note about the previous point I made about Aaron Smith. He is on SI's all decade team at DE. Troy is not. Not that that means a lot but it puts in context how important Smith is to this team. And in my humble opinion, Troy is the best defensive player in the game today.

OneForTheToe
12-09-2009, 09:31 AM

Tell him Ben.

Apply dirt liberally and play.

Dino 6 Rings
12-09-2009, 11:10 AM
I don't believe for one second that if we pulled off a miracle and got to the playoffs, that Troy wouldn't play.

Not for one second.

jjpro11
12-09-2009, 12:06 PM
we need him for the Green Bay game.. their passing game will absolutely torch us unless we are able to generate relentless pressure on a bad Packers pass blocking team.

steelreserve
12-09-2009, 12:43 PM
we need him for the Green Bay game.. their passing game will absolutely torch us if we were a bottom-feeder team like most of the Packers' opponents so far, but actually Green Bay is one of the most overrated teams in the league right now.

fixed for accuracy.

KeiselPower99
12-09-2009, 01:15 PM
I blame it all on this.....

http://etc.darickdang.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/madden10cover.jpg

Any Steeler fan with that game should throw it out NOW!!!!!!!

jjpro11
12-09-2009, 03:47 PM
fixed for accuracy.

if Oakland can torch our secondary, so can Green Bay.

saveus1011
12-09-2009, 04:06 PM
Trust me, there's a reason I didn't buy Madden this year.

SteelerEmpire
12-09-2009, 05:20 PM
I blame it all on this.....

http://etc.darickdang.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/madden10cover.jpg

Any Steeler fan with that game should throw it out NOW!!!!!!!

I noticed that even while playing this game Troy gets hurt more than any player on the Steelers team ... :chuckle:

Christian Snyder
12-09-2009, 05:43 PM
I ain't going to get worked up about this because the link appears to be full of speculation... I think that Troy Polamalu will return against GB.

if we lose thursday...troy is done. (no point cuz our chance at playoffs is done.) If we lose Thu (which better not happen)., we can still go 9-7 and that might grab a WC spot.:noidea:

StainlessStill
12-09-2009, 06:35 PM
I ain't going to get worked up about this because the link appears to be full of speculation... I think that Troy Polamalu will return against GB.

If we lose Thu (which better not happen)., we can still go 9-7 and that might grab a WC spot.:noidea:

10's our number.

We lost 6 games by a mere 21 points. 3,3,3,7,3,3. That stat alone right there says we can turn those losses into wins with ONE play.

ONE PLAY!!

Psyychoward86
12-09-2009, 06:41 PM
with how much more competetive the AFC is than the NFC, we could grab a wildcard spot with a 9-7 record. We could still go 10-6 :hope:

tmacsteelerfan
12-09-2009, 08:06 PM

Tell him Ben.
I agree with him.

markymarc
12-10-2009, 10:39 AM
I expect Troy back playing against the Packers in 10 days.

The_WARDen
12-10-2009, 10:49 AM
10's our number.

We lost 6 games by a mere 21 points. 3,3,3,7,3,3. That stat alone right there says we can turn those losses into wins with ONE play.

ONE PLAY!!

well, in fairness, they won by 3 against the Titans so 1 play loses that game.

Tankus_Maximus
12-10-2009, 11:10 AM
hijo de la chingada....pinche madden curse......CABRONES!!!!

SteelGhost
12-10-2009, 11:31 AM
¿ De donde eres Tankus ? Que buen Español :chuckle:

Where aer you from Tankus ? Nice Spanish :chuckle:

Fire Haley
12-10-2009, 01:20 PM
10's our number.

I thought 420 was your number.

Fire Haley
12-10-2009, 01:25 PM
if Oakland can torch our secondary, so can Green Bay.

That's a scary thought.

Everybody's got the book on LeBeau's D, the Cards showed the league how to beat the Steelers zone scheme - throw deep over the middle when the pass rushers are worn out in the 4th qtr. Easy as pie