PDA

View Full Version : Polamalu not done for season

mesaSteeler
12-08-2009, 08:41 PM
NFL from the sidelines
http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/
After hobnobbing around the NFL in the press boxes and sidelines, sports reporter Dale Lolley will let you know the insider scoop.

Polamalu not done for season

Contrary to the AP report that says Troy Polamalu may be done for the season, the strong safety will likely be back sooner rather than later.

In fact, it's likely he will return when the Steelers play Dec. 20 against Green Bay.

Polamalu likes to play with the media, particularly large groups.

He will be examined by doctors following Thursday's game at Cleveland.

Hines Ward did some light running Tuesday with trainers, but did not practice. He looks unlikely to play against the Browns.

William Gay was back at practice Tuesday - funny how quickly guys heal when their jobs are on the line - but it's likely rookie Joe Burnett will start at cornerback opposite Ike Taylor against the Browns.

Keenan Lewis will also get some playing time.
Posted by Dale Lolley at 8:53 PM 2 comments Links to this post

stillers4me
12-08-2009, 09:49 PM

He's such a jokester, our Troy.

Fire Haley
12-08-2009, 09:51 PM
Dale Lolley is not a "source".

He's just a simple blogger like all of us.

Godfather
12-08-2009, 09:51 PM
NFL from the sidelines
http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/
After hobnobbing around the NFL in the press boxes and sidelines, sports reporter Dale Lolley will let you know the insider scoop.

Polamalu not done for season

Contrary to the AP report that says Troy Polamalu may be done for the season, the strong safety will likely be back – sooner rather than later.

In fact, it's likely he will return when the Steelers play Dec. 20 against Green Bay.

He will be examined by doctors following Thursday's game at Cleveland.

Hines Ward did some light running Tuesday with trainers, but did not practice. He looks unlikely to play against the Browns.

William Gay was back at practice Tuesday - funny how quickly guys heal when their jobs are on the line - but it's likely rookie Joe Burnett will start at cornerback opposite Ike Taylor against the Browns.

Keenan Lewis will also get some playing time.
Posted by Dale Lolley at 8:53 PM 2 comments Links to this post

I thought Taylor was one of the guys sitting down Thursday?

I hope Troy is coming back. I saw what Rodgers did on third down last night...if we don't have Troy he'll be salivating at the opportunity to light us up.

Nadroj 20
12-08-2009, 09:52 PM
Rodgers is thebest QB left on our schedule so it would be very nice to see troy come back for that game to cause some problems for aaron.

SteelCityMom
12-08-2009, 10:04 PM
I thought Taylor was one of the guys sitting down Thursday?.

No, that's just what a lot of people are hoping for. Tomlin basically said no one will know who is sitting down until gameday.

tyler289
12-08-2009, 10:07 PM
What proof does this blogger have, other than "Troy likes to play with the media"?

Bluedust
12-08-2009, 10:07 PM
I would say it depends on the Browns game, if we win, bring Troy out.

If we lose, we won't have a chance at the playoffs, so let him sit, rest, and not have a chance at hurting anything again.

mesaSteeler
12-08-2009, 10:19 PM
Dale Lolley is not a "source".

He's just a simple blogger like all of us.

Dale Lolley is a staff reporter for the Observer-Reporter, a suburban Pittsburgh newspaper covering Washington county, Greene county, and the South Hills.

Dale Lolley

Sports Writer at Observer Publishing Company

Greater Pittsburgh Area

Current

* Sports Writer at Observer Publishing Company

Education

* University of Pittsburgh

Dale Lolley’s Experience

Sports Writer
Observer Publishing Company

(Privately Held; 501-1000 employees; Marketing and Advertising industry)

Currently holds this position

Dale Lolley’s Education

University of Pittsburgh

1986 — 1991