PDA

View Full Version : Randle El

PolamaluAttack
01-27-2006, 06:51 AM
I have heard that after the season is over that Randle El could be going to the Chicago Bears. He needs to resign to the steelers in the offseason because he is a playmaker!!!!!

Prosdo
01-27-2006, 07:08 AM
Very possible he could be gone. I really like El and hope that is not the case. But if he wants too much money he could be walking.

Infamix
01-27-2006, 08:36 AM
He's important for our Special Teams and the very popular gadget plays...is he really going?

melroseplace
01-27-2006, 08:45 AM
I'd be really surprised if he doesn't come back, but ya never know..

83-Steelers-43
01-27-2006, 08:47 AM
Personally, I see us resigning him. I think most teams around the league (including us) still look at him as a third slot WR. Obviously nobody is going to pay him "deep threat" WR money. If he's asking for that type of money there is no way he's going to get it in Pittsburgh nor should he in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I like El and I feel he is a solid WR, but I don't feel he's worth breaking the bank over.

Steel - X
01-27-2006, 08:57 AM
All we need is Hines Ward. The rest can just fill in due to the steelers system. The Steelers system is designed to move the ball down the field and score unlike the rams offense that likes the big plays. El is an above average special teams player and IMO we could find someone in the draft that better suits those needs.

83-Steelers-43
01-27-2006, 08:58 AM
X, I agree.

nu4everfan15
01-27-2006, 09:20 AM
i feel it will be hard to resign him, but who knows if they get rid of some other players in their last year, then it is possible. There just isnt that much room to do anything at this point. If they get rid of DeShea and put McFadden in his place, that could free up some room. Morgan is a free agents as well, so he could be gone also. I wouldn't be suprised if Verron Haynes is wanted by a few teams as well, but the real interesting player for me is Chris Hope... i really wonder if they will resign him or make the most of a good safety draft...

Man_Of_Steel
01-27-2006, 09:26 AM
On the personal side Randle El is a ****y jerk, especially when it comes to signing autographs. He's got a pretty big ego. I wouldn't care if he left, he doesn't bring that much to this team anyways. Washington can fill his spot, at least I hope he does.

Infamix
01-27-2006, 11:46 AM
On the personal side Randle El is a ****y jerk, especially when it comes to signing autographs. He's got a pretty big ego. I wouldn't care if he left, he doesn't bring that much to this team anyways. Washington can fill his spot, at least I hope he does.

why what did he do:boxing:

ibleedburgundy
01-27-2006, 12:15 PM
Redskins fan here.

Obviously, we need another WR and a punt-returner so I mentioned Randle El and guys seemed to like that idea. Can he play QB in the NFL? What kind of money is he asking for?

Brady12
01-27-2006, 12:16 PM
vs Cleveland he threw a 51 yard Touchdown pass to Hines Ward. I'm sure he can play QB, but how consistently? lol.

Steel - X
01-27-2006, 12:20 PM
Welcome to the site.

1. Can he play QB in the NFL, no not at all, didnt you guys draft a QB in the first round? There going to give Cmpbell some looks this next season arent they?

2. From this guy he is probably going to ask for top dollar. And in my honest opinion he doesnt desereve it.

What you get from Hines is a guy that really doesnt have huge speed, never breaks a long one, doesnt go over the middle, can return punts and really to me thats all he is. But you never know until he is used differently, for all we know he could be a big play guy waiting for the right spot or time.

Steel - X
01-27-2006, 12:21 PM
vs Cleveland he threw a 51 yard Touchdown pass to Hines Ward. I'm sure he can play QB, but how consistently? lol.

Against the Clowns, get it right Brady.

83-Steelers-43
01-27-2006, 12:21 PM
Redskins fan here.

Obviously, we need another WR and a punt-returner so I mentioned Randle El and guys seemed to like that idea. Can he play QB in the NFL? What kind of money is he asking for?

He has not stated what he's asking for. As for him playing QB. I personally would not take that gamble.

XxKnightxX
01-27-2006, 12:36 PM
it all depends on the draft and as the combine and senior bowl ends. One guy that I am really looking at is Michael Robinson from Penn State as he is on the same situation as Hines Ward and Randle El. I think if they draft Michael Robinson Randle El would be let go if he were to ask for the big bucks.

plark
01-27-2006, 12:57 PM
quite frankly i wouldnt mind, randle is is good, but he drops easy passes, and punt returns he dances too much, you make 1 move and then go.. he made some pretty costly mistakes this season.. but i love him!

Koopa
01-27-2006, 01:25 PM
yeah ARE is a little overrated when it comes to special teams we can draft a speedster in the 4th round and do what he does, he doesn't really ever break long ass runs on punts only every now and then. and he isn't a starter or really a deep threat, to me he only had one badass game and that was last year against the giants, wilson can do everything he can do and we already have him locked up for a few more years. i don't really see ARE coming back which could be a good thing cause we can actually draft a tall wr and replace ARE with him.

bigbensgirl7
01-27-2006, 01:34 PM
I disagree completely. I met him in Cincy and after the game, he gave me a huge hug, and I didn't have a marker because I was unprepared and he took the time to search for one so he could sign my hat.
Anyways back on the subject. I don't think he unreplacable, but I would like to see him back in the black and gold, if it is for the right price. We'll see what happens in the offseason.

Da'Burgh
01-27-2006, 01:38 PM
KEEP EL!

He's a playmaker and a great decoy. He has lots of speed, and tons of versitility. He fits great in Pgh. I think the Steelers would be sorry if they let El go. Our receiver core is very limited and do you really think some rookie can take his place? What are you guys thinking?

WWIIOwheelz
01-27-2006, 01:42 PM
RE makes some very poor decisions sometimes (lateral passes, doesn't protect football well enough, letting kicks drop & hit him inside his own 5 yd line, etc) and isn't big enough to be a 1st WR is any scheme. That said, he has fantastic speed and is a good team player, which makes him a great fit here. I'd like him to stay, because he's a part of a chemistry that obviously works. Holding out for big bucks might net him 500k more/year on a team that won't make the playoffs, probably.

Eztarget
01-27-2006, 03:27 PM
I was watching Inside the NFL last night on HBO and Peter King was saying that Shaun Alexander will probably go for the money and leave the Seahawks to play on a crappy team like Arizona because this would be his ONE shot at big $$$.

I see some team with horrible receivers (think the Eagles) offer Randle El more $$$ than he's worth and him walking because this is going to be his one good shot at a decent payday.

But like others have said, Randle El is not unreplacable. He's been a great 3rd down receiver but he wasn't a consistent deep threat like many said he could be when Plaxico left.

If this team can get Lendall White somehow they will be set for YEARS to come.

PolamaluAttack
01-27-2006, 03:49 PM
Hines Ward is my favortie player but Randle El is up tehre....hes really good n cant be replaced he brings something to the team..

MichiSteeler
01-27-2006, 03:53 PM
I'd really really like to have El back, but I'm afraid he wont be back... Which sucks.. But i guess life goes on:redface:

Dook
01-27-2006, 03:59 PM
I don't think there is much chance that we will be able to keep Randel El. Some team is going to pay him much more than we will. The driving force is the salary cap and we are going to be in trouble in a few years when Ben and Polo's contracts come up for renegotiations.

Also with Quincy Morgan, Nate Washington, and a #1 draft pick WR I really don't think we need to worry much about losing him.

But I think we should at least make him an offer, nothing more than $7.75m for 5 years, and that is a little more than I really think he is worth.

I am so tired of seeing him go crying to the officials everytime he misses a pass. Wipe your own nose, catch the damn ball, and shut up about it.

BlackNGold203
01-27-2006, 04:04 PM
We need to invest the cash into Chris Hope...we can get another receiver

Sharkissle29
01-27-2006, 04:07 PM
it all depends on the draft and as the combine and senior bowl ends. One guy that I am really looking at is Michael Robinson from Penn State as he is on the same situation as Hines Ward and Randle El. I think if they draft Michael Robinson Randle El would be let go if he were to ask for the big bucks.
is michael robinson planning on being a WR in the NFL? sounds like a good idea to me...

SteelerFanInCA
01-27-2006, 05:00 PM
yeah ARE is a little overrated when it comes to special teams we can draft a speedster in the 4th round and do what he does, he doesn't really ever break long ass runs on punts only every now and then. and he isn't a starter or really a deep threat, to me he only had one badass game and that was last year against the giants, wilson can do everything he can do and we already have him locked up for a few more years. i don't really see ARE coming back which could be a good thing cause we can actually draft a tall wr and replace ARE with him.
I agree with koopa. We need to go after a WR with a little more size. 5 feet 10 is not intimidating when it's coming off of the line.

dmewalt
01-27-2006, 08:48 PM
I personally won't miss wondering what the hell Randle EL is doing when he gets the ball, he spends more time going backwards or sideways than he does going forward. When he does get it in motion, he is pretty good. I mean I understand that you should be paid what you are worth, but that wont be clearly defined until he actually leaves the Steelers, because I don't think any amount of money will be worth not being part of the Pittsburgh Steelers. But I am not a professional athlete making a ridiculous salary, I am just a nurse who only saves lives, what would I know about being paid what I am worth?!!!

Animal
01-28-2006, 09:57 AM
I think there will be a lot of interest for him around the league, but I think they will work it out and he will be back.

blitzburghXL
01-28-2006, 08:32 PM
I'd bet El goes to the Eagles for the simple fact that they're desperate and he's flashy. I'm not gonna lose any sleep when he leaves, i'm not gonna miss the dropped 3rd down passes, and i'm not gonna miss the whining.

TasmanianTroy271
01-28-2006, 09:23 PM
I wouldn't mind if we lost El, as long as we replaced him with a tall deep threat, either in the draft or FA, If we win the superbowl, we should get alot of talent coming to us for cheap IE Patriots Syndrome

Man_Of_Steel
01-28-2006, 11:38 PM
Randle El=Peerless Price. Overrated. What has he done on this team that is so great? He's ran a few punt returns back for TD's? Thats it. Keep Willie Mays, he can do the same thing, cheaper.

clevestinks
01-29-2006, 08:03 AM
Just because El is our best number 2, doesn`t make him a great 2. I don`t want to rag on the guy, I don`t want him to leave, but he wouldn`t be a huge loss either

Steel - X
01-29-2006, 10:16 AM
Agreed cleve! Well put.