PDA

View Full Version : Game day forecast, Cleveland - Blizzard?

Fire Haley
12-09-2009, 09:10 AM
It's gonna be a white out - high winds

Game Day Forecast

Snow Shower / Wind

Wind Impact: STRONG

SW at 35.0 mph

Temperature: 22F Feels like: 3F
Probability of precip: 60%

----------------------

So, we'll be passing the ball 80% of the time?

Sharkissle29
12-09-2009, 09:17 AM
just what we need, bad weather to keep a bad team in the game...ie miami monsoon

Fire Haley
12-09-2009, 09:20 AM
just what we need, bad weather to keep a bad team in the game...ie miami monsoon

Exactly what I was thinking.

The Perfect Storm

Run Mendy Run

TackleMeBen
12-09-2009, 09:35 AM
this doesnt bode well. we all know how much ben hates the rain and snow..lol

The_WARDen
12-09-2009, 09:37 AM
On the plus side, the Clowns should be wearing white....Quinn may not be able to see his wide open receivers..

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-09-2009, 10:05 AM
I hope not. The Browns honestly have a better O line and are more suited to run the ball offensively than the Steelers are. Still............they are the Browns.

Nadroj 20
12-09-2009, 10:06 AM
On the plus side, the Clowns should be wearing white....Quinn may not be able to see his wide open receivers..

True, but this is possible without snow isnt it? :sofunny:

Gnutella
12-09-2009, 10:18 AM
It's always windy in Cleveland, because Cleveland sucks.

At least high winds might prevent Brady Quinn from looking like Tom Brady against our secondary.

SteelStang
12-09-2009, 10:20 AM
Bring it on!! What's one more challenge for us?

Pound the ball with Mendy and get the short passing game going with Heath.

Gnutella
12-09-2009, 10:25 AM
Bring it on!! What's one more challenge for us?

Pound the ball with Mendy and get the short passing game going with Heath.

'Member when Mike Mularkey called 38 pass plays in a blizzard? Why do I get a nasty feeling that Bruce Arians will attempt the same?

AllD
12-09-2009, 11:30 AM
Run game and short passing. Use Sweed as the deep decoy where he might draw TRIPLE coverage!

MACH1
12-09-2009, 11:35 AM
I hope BA remembers we have a running game.

SteelCityMom
12-09-2009, 11:38 AM
Actually, I've been hoping for a bad weather game for a while now...it's always seemed like the Steelers played pretty well in bad weather games. They never lost one that they played in last year.

MACH1
12-09-2009, 11:42 AM
Actually, I've been hoping for a bad weather game for a while now...it's always seemed like the Steelers played pretty well in bad weather games. They never lost one that they played in last year.

And we won the SB last year. :rolleyes:

AllD
12-09-2009, 11:45 AM
We might do better to throw to a snowman than pass the ball to Sweed.

SteelCityMom
12-09-2009, 11:50 AM
And we won the SB last year. :rolleyes:

I know lol. And I'm not saying that they only win games when there is bad weather, it was just an observation that, for the most part, they've played pretty well in bad weather games. I've just been waiting to see how they would do with one this year.

jjpro11
12-09-2009, 12:04 PM
I hope not. The Browns honestly have a better O line and are more suited to run the ball offensively than the Steelers are. Still............they are the Browns.

no way.. they haven't scored a rushing TD in i don't know how many games now.. some ridiculous number.. they are signing guys off the street to play RB. our oline has been a big surprise this year, and Mendenhall is fit for this weather.

still though.. horrible weather no doubt evens the playing field.

KeiselPower99
12-09-2009, 01:13 PM

Game Day Forecast

Snow Shower / Wind

SW at 35.0 mph

----------------------

Reminds me of the Thursday nighter against the Browns back in 06. My first trip to Heinz Field. I believe the wind chill was down around -5 at times. Good game. I think we will see a healthy dose of Mendenhall Moore and Parker tomorrow night.

X-Terminator
12-09-2009, 01:25 PM
I think you're going to see a lot of ground-n-pound tomorrow night, with limited passing. You probably won't see a pass travel further than 10 yards tomorrow night, if that.

The_WARDen
12-09-2009, 01:28 PM
I think you're going to see a lot of ground-n-pound tomorrow night, with limited passing. You probably won't see a pass travel further than 10 yards tomorrow night, if that.

great...so that negates Ben and plays to Quinn's strength since he's a checkdown machine.

RoethlisBURGHer
12-09-2009, 01:30 PM
The Browns run game sucks. Haven't scored a rushing TD by a running back this year.

The Browns defense is missing so many starters. Mendenhall can go for over 300 yards on them.

vasteeler
12-09-2009, 01:49 PM
The Browns run game sucks. Haven't scored a rushing TD by a running back this year.

The Browns defense is missing so many starters. Mendenhall can go for over 300 yards on them.

ill beleive it when i see it

The_WARDen
12-09-2009, 01:50 PM

I think Oakland receivers accounted for like 1-2 TDs prior to Sunday and the defense made them famous.

MACH1
12-09-2009, 02:05 PM

Way to jinx em. :wink02:

Fire Haley
12-09-2009, 02:13 PM
It's 75 and sunshine here today. I'll survive.

Stu Pidasso
12-09-2009, 09:08 PM
I don't care what the weather is like. I'll be there in section 506 cheering on my Steelers.

AND I BETTER NOT SEE ANY STEELER FANS LEAVING EARLY, NO MATTER THE SCORE! We are not the NFL's best fans for nothing!

Nadroj 20
12-09-2009, 09:26 PM
It's 75 and sunshine here today. I'll survive.

:mad: its like 30 here with wind gusting at about 50 mph

:chuckle: must be nice were you live haha

Steelersfan4life
12-09-2009, 09:31 PM
i actually kind of like the forecast tomorrow. Every time we get beat in the 4th quarter we get torn apart by the other teams pass game. The combination of Brady Quinn and the snow/wind should make this a good matchup for our secondary

Merchant
12-09-2009, 09:32 PM
goddamit.. i wanted to see some SWEEEED.

Mags87
12-09-2009, 09:40 PM
do we not have the best run D in the league? and our problem on D has been big plays given up by the secondary late in the 4th. how does this not bode well for us?

mike_d
12-09-2009, 09:48 PM
So what's the crowd at the stadium like? No where near as crazy as Raiders fans, right?

I've actually got a business trip out that way that just happens to have me out there for the game (I wish I could claim credit for the timing but that's not the reason). My coworkers aren't fans of either teams, and asked me to check on how wearing my jersey to the game would go over. We're from LA, and well, lets just say you can think the Raiders fans of the Greater LA Area for my even having to ask this question...

tony hipchest
12-09-2009, 10:41 PM
this is where the genius of arians shines bright.

everything says this is a game to run the ball. everything says we can absolutely destroy the browns with our run game, alone.

arians knows this and knows the browns will focus more on stopping the run.

his genius will compel him to "out think' the opposition, and totally catch them off guard by passing the ball.

even when checkers will suffice, this is a game of chess to him.

i worry about paralysis by over analysis. sometimes K.I.S.S. (keep it simple, stupid) works.

there is no reason to go out and try to out coach or out smart the browns in this game. we just need to go out and impose our will. that is what the broncos and chargers did to the mighty chiefs 2 weeks in a row after they embarrassed us (each hanging 40 points on them).

if we cant do the exact same and hang 40+ on our bttom dwelling division rival, we obviously arent in the same league as the 2 teams ahead of us for a wild card spot. (its not for a lack of talent though).

LVSteelersfan
12-09-2009, 10:51 PM
I love snow games but am not so sure it is a good thing in this case. If Hines is playing, it is a different story but I am not so sure Wallace and Sweed can keep their footing in a blizzard. This should be a Mendenhall and Heath Miller game instead of those long bombs to Wallace.

Shea
12-09-2009, 11:26 PM
I love snow games as well since I've lived my entire life in a part of California that doesn't see or sniff snow. I've never witnessed snow falling from the sky, so it's beautiful to see, even if it's just on TV.

Whatever the weather conditions, call me naive considering we lost to some of the worst teams in the league, but I'm not worried about the Browns game tomorrow.

Our backs are literally against the wall, if I know this then the team obviously is even more aware of it. I see us blowing up the Browns. And then we go from there.....

Stang909
12-09-2009, 11:36 PM
I love snow games as well since I've lived my entire life in a part of California that doesn't see or sniff snow. I've never witnessed snow falling from the sky, so it's beautiful to see, even if it's just on TV.

Whatever the weather conditions, call me naive considering we lost to some of the worst teams in the league, but I'm not worried about the Browns game tomorrow.

Our backs are literally against the wall, if I know this then the team obviously is even more aware of it. I see us blowing up the Browns. And then we go from there.....

Your not naive, I'm from northeast Ohio on the edge of the snowbelt and I love watching snowy games.

I think we will play much better than the Browns in the snow and wind. Especially at quarterback.

GridironWarrior
12-09-2009, 11:36 PM
Snow? And with our turnover issues? I see a lost. We aren't getting the lucky breaks this year.

tony hipchest
12-09-2009, 11:47 PM
a lost huh?

im glad i dont see what you see. the steelers could be 2-10 this year and i would still see us kicking the shit out of the browns.

4xSBChamps
12-10-2009, 05:29 AM
..... how-long until the League 'outlaws' poor-weather games?

HometownGal
12-10-2009, 06:16 AM
This is the most up-to-date forecast for tonight's game.

Snow Showers

Windy. Some snow showers and flurries possible this evening with a chance of continued flurries later. Low 17F. Winds WSW at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of snow 30%.

Hell - the Steelers have played in worse conditions in Pittsburgh, so they should be OK. :hope:

SCSTILLER
12-10-2009, 06:40 AM
We will beat the Browns, as long as our pass count is below 15 or 20. With our 3 backs and Oline playing the way they are, we should be stuffing it down Clevelands throat.

Like Tony said, KISS

The_WARDen
12-10-2009, 07:26 AM
this is where the genius of arians shines bright.

everything says this is a game to run the ball. everything says we can absolutely destroy the browns with our run game, alone.

arians knows this and knows the browns will focus more on stopping the run.

his genius will compel him to "out think' the opposition, and totally catch them off guard by passing the ball.

even when checkers will suffice, this is a game of chess to him.

i worry about paralysis by over analysis. sometimes K.I.S.S. (keep it simple, stupid) works.

there is no reason to go out and try to out coach or out smart the browns in this game. we just need to go out and impose our will. that is what the broncos and chargers did to the mighty chiefs 2 weeks in a row after they embarrassed us (each hanging 40 points on them).

if we cant do the exact same and hang 40+ on our bttom dwelling division rival, we obviously arent in the same league as the 2 teams ahead of us for a wild card spot. (its not for a lack of talent though).

now we're ripping the offense before they even PLAY the game??

:popcorn:

FacemeIke
12-10-2009, 08:03 AM
Clevland's Oline and passing attack is so bad that they would be better off just running the wildcat all day with Cribbs. Thats exactly what will happen in a bad weather game, so I would rather see better weather.

fansince'76
12-10-2009, 08:19 AM
now we're ripping the offense before they even PLAY the game??

:popcorn:

Might as well get a head start. :coffee:

stlrtruck
12-10-2009, 08:48 AM
Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow

The_WARDen
12-10-2009, 08:51 AM
Might as well get a head start. :coffee:

That call that Arians is gonna make in the 3rd quarter on 3rd and 2... WHAT is he gonna be thinking???!!!!

Come on man!

steeldawg
12-10-2009, 08:53 AM
do we not have the best run D in the league? and our problem on D has been big plays given up by the secondary late in the 4th. how does this not bode well for us?

You are correct!! the bad weather is great news for our D .

X-Terminator
12-10-2009, 09:40 AM
This is the most up-to-date forecast for tonight's game.

Hell - the Steelers have played in worse conditions in Pittsburgh, so they should be OK. :hope:

So it looks like the wind rather than the snow will be the biggest factor. That should bode well for the running game, because I still don't see a lot of passes being attempted with those strong winds.

markymarc
12-10-2009, 01:09 PM
I am only worried about the wind tonight. So considering the weather conditions I expect Ben to throw the ball at least 30-40 times tonight :chuckle: Bruce Arians will have the Brownies defense on their heels!

revefsreleets
12-10-2009, 04:17 PM
That call that Arians is gonna make in the 3rd quarter on 3rd and 2... WHAT is he gonna be thinking???!!!!

Come on man!

I'm SO sad that I will miss it...I wonder if maybe there will be some curmudgeonly Steelers fans at the game who can fill in the role of Negative Nelly for all the Arians hating braintrust members who normally post here?

43Hitman
12-10-2009, 04:23 PM
I'm SO sad that I will miss it...I wonder if maybe there will be some curmudgeonly Steelers fans at the game who can fill in the role of Negative Nelly for all the Arians hating braintrust members who normally post here?

Haha..take a laptop, I am sure you can get a signal.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
12-10-2009, 04:38 PM

Where have you been this year? Mendenhall is doing just fine running the ball.
Havent you noticed that our O-line has actually been one of our strong areas?

revefsreleets
12-10-2009, 04:40 PM
Haha..take a laptop, I am sure you can get a signal.

Since the stadium will be MORE THAN HALF Steelers (the Browns fans are pretty much ALL selling their tickets), I'm sure I can throw a rock and hit a couple less astute Steelers fans at the game blaming Ike and Arians for every play that doesn't either result in a pick 6 for our defense or a TD bomb for our offense.

I'll just make sure I throw it HARD.

43Hitman
12-10-2009, 04:53 PM
Since the stadium will be MORE THAN HALF Steelers (the Browns fans are pretty much ALL selling their tickets), I'm sure I can throw a rock and hit a couple less astute Steelers fans at the game blaming Ike and Arians for every play that doesn't either result in a pick 6 for our defense or a TD bomb for our offense.

I'll just make sure I throw it HARD.

:rofl:

stb_steeler
12-10-2009, 06:16 PM

Game Day Forecast

Snow Shower / Wind

SW at 35.0 mph

----------------------

No....Expecting Reed to kick a 45 yarder.....:wink02:

4xSBChamps
12-10-2009, 06:19 PM
spoke with my Mom today by phone, and she says my brother went to this game

tony hipchest
12-10-2009, 06:26 PM
last year we played in cleveland when hurricane/tropical storm (ike?) was moving through.

willie had 28 carries and 105 yds.

ben- 13/20 passing.

steelers win 10-6. im hoping this one isnt so close.

HometownGal
12-10-2009, 06:44 PM
steelers win 10-6. im hoping this one isnt so close.

Didn't you get the memo hipcheese? They'd better win 50-0, high winds and blizzard conditions be damned, or hell will be unleashed on this board. :horror:

Fire Haley
12-11-2009, 05:32 AM

So, was I right?

revefsreleets
12-11-2009, 08:39 AM
So, was I right?

32 pass
22 rush

BUT NINE of those passes came on the last drive when we were pretty much up against the wall.

54 total plays is a big part of the problem. We should be running 75 plays a game with that offense.

Fire Haley
12-17-2009, 07:41 PM
It was another JETS game fiasco - like I said.

markymarc
12-18-2009, 02:28 PM
We should be running 75 plays a game with that offense.

I completely agree!

revefsreleets
12-18-2009, 05:14 PM
I completely agree!

Wow! Since yer so much more smarter than me, I feel really super smart now that I fynalee said something with some smarticles....

Please. The reason we didn't run 75 plays was that the entire offense was out of synch, the line was blocking like shit, and, MOSTLY because we just didn't show up to play. Bill Walsh wouldn't have been able to run more than 60 plays with that pathetic unit last Thursday night....

tony hipchest
12-18-2009, 06:51 PM
Bill Walsh wouldn't have been able to run more than 60 plays with that pathetic unit last Thursday night....

:toofunny: anyone who actually believes this giant steaming crock of shit has really lost their mind.

for even speaking of bill walsh in the same context of papa arians, the football gods smite thee.

markymarc
12-19-2009, 10:34 PM
Wow! Since yer so much more smarter than me, I feel really super smart now that I fynalee said something with some smarticles....

Please. The reason we didn't run 75 plays was that the entire offense was out of synch, the line was blocking like shit, and, MOSTLY because we just didn't show up to play. Bill Walsh wouldn't have been able to run more than 60 plays with that pathetic unit last Thursday night....

Oh I see you are still trying to say I questioned your intelligence. I was not questioning your intelligence and I am sorry if you truly believe that. But isn't that very ironic how you want to get upset because you actually thought someone was questioning your intelligence, but you have no issues what so ever calling out or questioning other posters intelligence or football smarts on this board.

The OL was absolutely horrible and synch decided to not join the Steelers offense against the Brownies.