PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Promote Wide Receiver Grisham from Practice Squad

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-09-2009, 01:17 PM
Steelers sign Grisham to active roster
Wednesday, December 9, 2009

PITTSBURGH ─ The Steelers added depth at wide receiver today when they promoted rookie WR Tyler Grisham to their active roster.

Grisham (5-11, 180) had spent the entire regular season on the Steelersí practice squad after originally signing with the team as an undrafted rookie out of Clemson. Grisham caught 132 passes for 1,390 yards and eight touchdowns during his college career, but was among the Steelersí final roster cuts during the preseason. He will wear uniform No. 19.

The Steelers made room on their roster for Grisham by releasing second-year QB Tyler Palko. Palko signed with the Steelers on Nov. 28, but did not see any action. He served as the teamís backup quarterback in Week 12 at Baltimore and as the 3rd quarterback in Week 13 versus Oakland.
http://www.steelers.com/article/115626/

supa_fly_steeler
12-09-2009, 01:19 PM
Palko back to practise squad then lol

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-09-2009, 01:23 PM
Griisham was a special teams captain at Syracuse.

I'm makig the prediction now that given a bit of time he will be out new special teams beast in the mold of Sean Morey and Chidi Iwuoma.

I had mentioned in another thread that it was just a matter of time before he was moved up.

Shoes
12-09-2009, 01:24 PM
I like this kid..quick and feisty. Let him play!

Sharkissle29
12-09-2009, 04:07 PM
Griisham was a special teams captain at Syracuse.

I'm makig the prediction now that given a bit of time he will be out new special teams beast in the mold of Sean Morey and Chidi Iwuoma.

I had mentioned in another thread that it was just a matter of time before he was moved up.

*Clemson

I remember watching him play in Clemson, he is a pretty quick little guy that can break one if given the chance.

I liked this pick up a lot and see him possibly gettin in some action in a few years

tony hipchest
12-09-2009, 04:20 PM
im a bit suprised s. mcdonald wasnt brought back (actually suprised he was cut in the first place).

i would still want sweed to get more action than him, but would feel much better with him as #4 instead of grisham.

SteelMember
12-09-2009, 06:27 PM
Insurance in case Hines can't go Tomorrow...

NJarhead
12-09-2009, 06:44 PM
im a bit suprised s. mcdonald wasnt brought back (actually suprised he was cut in the first place).

i would still want sweed to get more action than him, but would feel much better with him as #4 instead of grisham.

I must have missed the article. I was wondering what happened to him..., and I agree.

AllD
12-09-2009, 06:49 PM
McDonald had good hands, but not as many YAC or as quick as Holmes. He could be a solid #2 WR on most other teams and am surprised the Fins did not pick him up.

markymarc
12-10-2009, 11:36 AM
Good for Tyler Grisham. IMO Grisham would be the perfect slot WR down the road. So much for the theory of bringing back Shaun McDonald :chuckle:

SteeleReign
12-10-2009, 12:02 PM
I saw a lot of Grisham during camp and he looked very capable. He had great hands and was very quick. I see him in the Welker mold...of course, that's waay down the road.

Sharkissle29
12-10-2009, 12:06 PM
I saw a lot of Grisham during camp and he looked very capable. He had great hands and was very quick. I see him in the Welker mold...of course, that's waay down the road.

Exactly what i was thinking.

Hopefully he doesnt actually play quite like welker does, as he plays like a girl...

Steely McSmash
12-10-2009, 12:40 PM
if you take a long view this is a good move.

Also considering that the #4 receiver gets thrown at like 3 times a year not a big loss as far as McDonald is concerned. Grisham could play on ST though. If he excels as I expect, he could be earning the gameday hat over Sweed when Ward comes back.

tyler289
12-10-2009, 12:47 PM
Exactly what i was thinking.

Hopefully he doesnt actually play quite like welker does, as he plays like a girl...

Where does this come from? Welker is tough as nails.

Nadroj 20
12-10-2009, 12:48 PM
Where does this come from? Welker is tough as nails.

I actually thought the same thing and have always like Wes Welker even though he is a Patriot....if i had to pick a favorite pat he would be my choice.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-10-2009, 01:04 PM
*Clemson

I remember watching him play in Clemson, he is a pretty quick little guy that can break one if given the chance.

I liked this pick up a lot and see him possibly gettin in some action in a few years

Your right...my bad. Not even sure where I got Syracuse from. I watched him play a few times myself, so I have NO excuse.:doh:

markymarc
12-10-2009, 02:40 PM

Those are my thoughts as well. If Grisham can play anywhere near Welker's level I will take it.

Hayeksheroes
12-10-2009, 03:12 PM
How do you replace players so quickly? I thought they were part of a union. The NFL gets rid of players faster than Wal Mart or Starbucks.

Palko, you're on the roster. Hey, Palko, you're going back to the practice squad. Hey, Palko, you're out on the street buddy. Thanks for being our weekly douche. Get off the field. And leave your jersey on the way out.

Sharkissle29
12-10-2009, 03:17 PM
Your right...my bad. Not even sure where I got Syracuse from. I watched him play a few times myself, so I have NO excuse.:doh:

Probably the orange color haha...

anyways as welker playing like a girl...IMO, all he does is run little slants with no one even close to him and will run out of bounds to avoid contact, much like a devin hester...

maybe im too old school and am used to hines

Tone's Toes
12-10-2009, 05:23 PM
How do you replace players so quickly? I thought they were part of a union. The NFL gets rid of players faster than Wal Mart or Starbucks.

Palko, you're on the roster. Hey, Palko, you're going back to the practice squad. Hey, Palko, you're out on the street buddy. Thanks for being our weekly douche. Get off the field. And leave your jersey on the way out.

:toofunny: He got paid, though.

I wish I could make a bunch money that quick and easy.

Sharkissle29
12-10-2009, 05:49 PM
:toofunny: He got paid, though.

I wish I could make a bunch money that quick and easy.

how much exactly did he make? just curious