PDA

View Full Version : Closet Steelers Fan

Omega0416
01-27-2006, 10:22 AM
I would like to first say "Hi" to everyone on this board. I'm new here! But I do have a slight problem. I've just now found out that I must be a closet Steelers fan. I live in North Jersey and like most people I find my self cheering and rooting for the Giants. But for the past couple of seasons, I've notice that I also have found myself following the Steelers too. I've always been a Bettis fan and I'm so excited that Bettis might get a change to get that ring he have been chasing for so long. Also, Big Ben is the man! Never have I've seen a QB do the things he is doing in his second season. I just love everything about the Steelers. From the traditions, the terrible towel, history, and most of all pride. The Pittsburgh Steelers are everything football teams try to emulate (and many fall so short). So this is a confestion of a closet Steelers fan. I hope that by telling all you true blue Steelers fan that maybe it will be easier for me to tell the world. "I love the Steelers" Thanks!

Prosdo
01-27-2006, 10:25 AM
Welcome to SF! Enjoy the boards! Moving this to introductions.

83-Steelers-43
01-27-2006, 10:26 AM
Hmmm......I guess whatever works?

Omega0416
01-27-2006, 10:39 AM
Come on! Can you blame me for keeping this a secret? If I tell people over here I love the Steelers I would get creamed!

Steel - X
01-27-2006, 10:44 AM
Or your just jumping on the super bowl train with all the other bandwagoneers. But what ever the reason welcome aboard.

luvmysteelers
01-27-2006, 10:54 AM
Time to come out of the closet, Omega..it's ok, really!

Welcome!

Omega0416
01-27-2006, 10:55 AM
No atually I'm not jumping on any bandwagon. Thats the last thing that I hate is people who jump on bandwagons. Where are all the Bulls fans at?

Omega0416
01-27-2006, 10:59 AM
Yeah luvmysteelers you got a point! Just get it over with right!

Steel - X
01-27-2006, 11:13 AM
Yeah luvmysteelers you got a point! Just get it over with right!

Thats right now that you have came over to the RIGHT side Omega you need to stay here and represent your colors. Stick around you will like it here.

Omega0416
01-27-2006, 11:22 AM
Oh trust me I will! LETS GO STEELERS!

83-Steelers-43
01-27-2006, 11:28 AM
Come on! Can you blame me for keeping this a secret? If I tell people over here I love the Steelers I would get creamed!

My sister moved to Jersey and she supports the Steelers and has no problem sporting the B&G in public.

Me personally, I could NEVER imagine rooting for two different teams. It's impossible. There are the Steelers and then there is the rest of the NFL. I have not missed a Steeler home game inside both Three Rivers and Heinz since age four. In my wildest of dreams I could not imagine rooting for another team. It's just wrong....at least where I come from.

To each their own I guess?

Omega0416
01-27-2006, 11:47 AM
yeah thats the problem lol. For the most part most people won't mess with you. (Unless you wear a Steelers jersey in Giants stadium) But I see where you're coming from. One person can't root for two teams. I see that its okay to well "follow" two teams. But to really root and cheer for one? That is crazy. (Example in this area Yankees/Mets fan ewww) but I guess thats how life is.

Koopa
01-27-2006, 12:07 PM
welcome to SF, hope you enjoy it here

SteelerzGirl
01-28-2006, 09:06 AM
Welcome to Steelers Fever, Omega! http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y142/whitediamonds/58d90f85.gif

SteelerFire
01-28-2006, 10:10 AM
I can sympathize but not identify Omega. I proudly wear my Black n Gold jersey here in 9ers/raiders country and just smile nicely when my neighbors mutter ominously in my direction. It's easier to do this year since I've actually been able to watch our boys in prime time for most of the season ~LOL~

Welcome to SF and stand proud!

SteelerFanInATL
02-01-2006, 08:00 AM
The first step is always the toughest. I think you are on your way. Welcome to the best fan site on the internet. Enjoy!!!