PDA

View Full Version : What if the Steelers finish sub 500?

BleedBlacknGold0
12-09-2009, 04:05 PM
What would happen? Would coaches be replaced? Would players be cut?

Or

Would people say "can't win every year"?

I keep hearing things about heads rolling and hell being unleashed but theres nothing to really back those comments up.

Psyychoward86
12-09-2009, 04:19 PM
it cant and it wont

supa_fly_steeler
12-09-2009, 04:21 PM
the lineup isn't changing tommorow, but Tomlin said there will be lineup changes???

barring injury i haven't seen anything changed

tony hipchest
12-09-2009, 04:22 PM
if they finish 8-8, i think it would squash the silly notion that cowher mailed it in his final season.

MACH1
12-09-2009, 04:27 PM
Move on to next year.

There may be a new ST coach next year though?

SCSTILLER
12-09-2009, 04:31 PM
Maybe a coaching change or two, nothing drastic. Plus, we would have a good draft spot, maybe a good DB.

BleedBlacknGold0
12-09-2009, 05:15 PM
Move on to next year.

There may be a new ST coach next year though?

there should be a new ST coach this year lol

MaidenIndiana
12-09-2009, 05:19 PM
Better draft position is what we would get. The world wouldn't come to an end.....at least I don't think it would

HometownGal
12-09-2009, 05:46 PM
Better draft position is what we would get. The world wouldn't come to an end.....at least I don't think it would

Exactly. :thumbsup::drink:

I won't love 'em any less and do what I always do - look forward to the draft, TC and next season's matchups. :thumbsup:

43Hitman
12-09-2009, 06:11 PM

Yep, that and we will be short about 20k bandwagon fans. So, using that logic I think it will be a beneficial purging.

1.) We get rid of whining ass fans that feel they are owed 50-0 wins every week and a SB every year.

2.) We get a good draft pick, and improve our secondary and possibly our ST.

BleedBlacknGold0
12-09-2009, 06:50 PM
Yep, that and we will be short about 20k bandwagon fans. So, using that logic I think it will be a beneficial purging.

1.) We get rid of whining ass fans that feel they are owed 50-0 wins every week and a SB every year.

2.) We get a good draft pick, and improve our secondary and possibly our ST.

Hit man, just because you are okay with the Steelers playing poorly that doesnt mean those that are are band wagon fans or "whiny ass fans".

I don't think fans are unjust in expecting this team to compete for the Superbowl every year. I have been a fan for 20 years now and I am whining about this season. Am I a whining ass fan because I feel that this 6-6 season is a joke?

It does ruin my evening when my favorite football team drops games to the Raiders and Chiefs. I am sorry I am a whiny ass band wagon fan.

Im sure many players on the Steelers team feel the fans deserve better.

I know my opinion doesnt matter to you but you are not a superior fan.

AllD
12-09-2009, 06:55 PM
If we finish under .500, the Steelers can add a new "Mens European Shoulder Bag" to its merchandise catalog.

43Hitman
12-09-2009, 07:10 PM
Hit man, just because you are okay with the Steelers playing poorly that doesnt mean those that are are band wagon fans or "whiny ass fans".

I don't think fans are unjust in expecting this team to compete for the Superbowl every year. I have been a fan for 20 years now and I am whining about this season. Am I a whining ass fan because I feel that this 6-6 season is a joke?

It does ruin my evening when my favorite football team drops games to the Raiders and Chiefs. I am sorry I am a whiny ass band wagon fan.

First of all, I never said I was a super fan. I do however live in reality and realize that sometimes that there are going to be down years. Secondly I never called anyone out by name, so if you feel guilty, well frankly, that's your problem not mine. Thirdly, my post was more tongue and cheek than anything else. So calm down Francis.

steelreserve
12-09-2009, 07:13 PM
"With the 14th pick in the 2010 NFL draft, the Pittsburgh Steelers select Terrence Cody, DT, Alabama."

That's about the extent of what will happen.

I don't know, maybe there's a chance Arians actually does get canned, or Aaron Smith retires, which would be minor surprises. Maybe we bring in a better backup safety if Mundy isn't up to speed.

But I don't see anything earth-shattering taking place. This team is still good enough that it ought to be a serious title contender without changing much. Which is also why it's so frustrating to be 6-6 and on the verge of missing the playoffs.

tony hipchest
12-09-2009, 07:17 PM
of ALL years, this was the year that every fan had the right to expect a superbowl (or atleast playoffs).

spoiled would be if we were coming off of a 6-10, 5-11 season, and whining, but the steelers are the defending champions of the national football league.

expecting more of a champion is not being spoiled. its being realistic.

43Hitman
12-09-2009, 07:21 PM
of ALL years, this was the year that every fan had the right to expect a superbowl (or atleast playoffs).

spoiled would be if we were coming off of a 6-10, 5-11 season, and whining, but the steelers are the defending champions of the national football league.

expecting more of a champion is not being spoiled. its being realistic.

That depends on what they are expecting. Playoffs, I can see, but back to back Superbowl's and 50 point wins is hardly realistic.

43Hitman
12-09-2009, 07:22 PM
"With the 14th pick in the 2010 NFL draft, the Pittsburgh Steelers select Terrence Cody, DT, Alabama."

That's about the extent of what will happen.

I don't know, maybe there's a chance Arians actually does get canned, or Aaron Smith retires, which would be minor surprises. Maybe we bring in a better backup safety if Mundy isn't up to speed.

But I don't see anything earth-shattering taking place. This team is still good enough that it ought to be a serious title contender without changing much. Which is also why it's so frustrating to be 6-6 and on the verge of missing the playoffs.

Man I hope so, that guy is a perfect fit for our aging Casey.

Psyychoward86
12-09-2009, 07:43 PM

all he implied is that expecting every year to be an awesome year is unrealistic

43Hitman
12-09-2009, 08:24 PM
all he implied is that expecting every year to be an awesome year is unrealistic

Thanks, that's exactly what I am implying.

.24lockdown
12-09-2009, 08:53 PM
Thanks, that's exactly what I am implying.

No, you said whiny ass fans who think we have to win 50-0 every week. It disappoints me as well to see so many people crying about everything, but did you HONESTLY expect THIS team (after just winning the super bowl) to lose to the raiders AND the chiefs???? Everyone is upset because we're losing to HORRIBLE teams when we're trying to make a playoff push, NOT because we're not winning 50-0

tmacsteelerfan
12-09-2009, 08:58 PM
We'd have a better draft pick, but we won't finish sub 500 though.

Texasteel
12-09-2009, 09:04 PM
It would make the pre-draft conversations more interesting, but wouldn't change my feelings for the team at all. This would still be the Pittsburgh Steelers, the top run as far as football teams go. I would still wait impatiently for training camp to start.

43Hitman
12-09-2009, 09:06 PM
No, you said whiny ass fans who think we have to win 50-0 every week. It disappoints me as well to see so many people crying about everything, but did you HONESTLY expect THIS team (after just winning the super bowl) to lose to the raiders AND the chiefs???? Everyone is upset because we're losing to HORRIBLE teams when we're trying to make a playoff push, NOT because we're not winning 50-0

Nope I didn't expect them to lose to the Chiefs and Raiders. Have you read these boards after a win? It's pretty much hard to tell if we won or not. How about visiting the gameday thread this Thursday night, and you'll see first hand what I am talking about. I guess I should just have named names, cause it seem I ruffled some feathers. Not really my problem though. As much as everyone can get on here and bitch about Ariens and the like, I should be able to bitch about some of the "whiny ass" fans. At least I don't create 5 threads a day about it.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
12-09-2009, 09:26 PM
the lineup isn't changing tommorow, but Tomlin said there will be lineup changes???

barring injury i haven't seen anything changed

Well both corners (the players who were most likely to get benched) got injured.

BlackAndGold4Ever
12-09-2009, 09:39 PM
I love my team and always will. If we continue to lose there is always next year

LVSteelersfan
12-09-2009, 11:09 PM

Sorry, but fans don't deserve anything. Every team has losing or subpar seasons. It just goes with the territory. Just enjoy the team for what they are. Teams DO NOT COMPETE for the Super Bowl every year. That is just unrealistic. We had to wait almost 30 years to win our 5th. This team should have been better this year. That I agree with. But we have been in every single game and never blown out like happens every other season. I like this team. Except for losing Aaron Smith and Troy, I think this team is better than last year's. Just a lot of bad breaks. With Smith out teams can tee off on Harrison. Add Troy being gone for most of the season which kills the secondary. What do you people expect?

Preacher
12-10-2009, 01:02 AM
Well...

What happens to me? Nothing. I keep wearing my Steelers coat for about another month, maybe month and a half and then put it away (starts to get to warm).

And I move on with life. Seriously. If a team that you or a loved one doesn't play on loses, and it affects you more than about 5 minutes after the game is lost... go seek emotional help.

What happens to the team? Well, high draft pick. Probably a little more buttkicking in camp next year. People's jobs are a bit more up for grabs, then we start out another season and hope like anything for the SB again.

The_WARDen
12-10-2009, 09:05 AM
I'd burn everything black n gold and then find the nearest bridge!

:hatsoff:

steeltheone
12-10-2009, 09:54 AM
Expectations are high because the talent is there and the team should be winning.

43Hitman
12-10-2009, 11:36 AM
Expectations are high because the talent is there and the team should be winning.

Okay, so at what point do expectations exceed reality?

vasteeler
12-10-2009, 11:57 AM
Okay, so at what point do expectations exceed reality?

hey hitman just curious where in richmond do you live. I live near the midlothian area ,its pretty cool to see another Richmonder:drink:

Steeldude
12-10-2009, 12:08 PM
What would happen? Would coaches be replaced? Would players be cut?

Or

Would people say "can't win every year"?

I keep hearing things about heads rolling and hell being unleashed but theres nothing to really back those comments up.

it would mean a better selection of choices in the 2010 draft.

Gnutella
12-10-2009, 12:11 PM
Honestly, I'm tired of the three year pattern we've followed this decade. Take a look:

2000: Fewer than 10 wins, no playoffs
2001: 10 or more wins, playoffs
2002: 10 or more wins, playoffs
2003: Fewer than 10 wins, no playoffs
2004: 10 or more wins, playoffs
2005: 10 or more wins, playoffs
2006: Fewer than 10 wins, no playoffs
2007: 10 or more wins, playoffs
2008: 10 or more wins, playoffs
2009: ???

At this rate we'll win Super Bowl XLVI, and then miss the playoffs in 2012.

tyler289
12-10-2009, 12:25 PM
You can't be elite every year. If in fact we do finish sub-.500, while very disappointing, we can all take solace in the fact that it was likely a super bowl hangover and a couple tweaks to the team and we're back to elite.

but I still think, at worst, we finish 9-7.

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-10-2009, 01:24 PM
I cant see them going sub 500, but if they lose to Green Bay and Baltimore, the 8-8 is staring them in the face. At this point, they are not gonna win the Super Bowl, I am just gonna enjoy watching the final 4 games this season and hope for the best.

The_WARDen
12-10-2009, 02:01 PM
Honestly, I'm tired of the three year pattern we've followed this decade. Take a look:

That's fine with me...I can live with a SB chanpionship every 3 years.

:chuckle:

atlsteelers
12-10-2009, 02:19 PM
That's fine with me...I can live with a SB chanpionship every 3 years.

:chuckle:

me too!

43Hitman
12-10-2009, 03:05 PM
hey hitman just curious where in richmond do you live. I live near the midlothian area ,its pretty cool to see another Richmonder:drink:

I live in Mechanicsville. It is nice to see another Richmonder. :drink:

43Hitman
12-10-2009, 03:07 PM
I cant see them going sub 500, but if they lose to Green Bay and Baltimore, the 8-8 is staring them in the face. At this point, they are not gonna win the Super Bowl, I am just gonna enjoy watching the final 4 games this season and hope for the best.

Me too man, I am going to relish every play that is left in this season.

stb_steeler
12-10-2009, 03:11 PM
Hell im very happy, impressed even. That we won 2 SB's in the last 3 years. And im sure with Ben theres more to come before he's done. Once again, imagine all the teams that never win at all. Then after that bring yourself back to reality and you will see, hey its nots so bad after all. Hey its sports, thats how it goes.

:tt02:

Steeldude
12-11-2009, 09:01 AM

2 SBs a decade is pretty good.