PDA

View Full Version : Who I like

mesaSteeler
12-09-2009, 05:23 PM
NFL from the sidelines

After hobnobbing around the NFL in the press boxes and sidelines, sports reporter Dale Lolley will let you know the insider scoop.

Who I like

First, let's address the injury issues. Both Hines Ward and William Gay will be out for the Steelers' game against Cleveland Thursday.

But with heavy winds and snow forecast, that might not be all that significant. This game will come down to an old-fashioned running contest.

In that kind of matchup, you have to like the Steelers, even though the weather conditions may make things a little tricky.

Brady Quinn has struggled mightily with his accuracy on his deep passes and his young receiving corps has struggled holding onto the football on a regular basis.

That makes this a perfect game to see what rookie cornerbacks Joe Burnett and Keenan Lewis have to offer.

Much like their game in Cleveland last year, a 10-6 win in heavy winds, the Steelers will win a game that is closer than it should be, 14-7.

With Ward out, rookie receiver Tyler Grisham has been promoted from the practice squad to give the Steelers a fourth receiver.
Posted by Dale Lolley at 1:54 PM 3 comments Links to this post

Psyychoward86
12-09-2009, 07:47 PM
i dont blame him for calling a close game

Shoes
12-09-2009, 07:54 PM
Gerry Douchebag picked the browns 27-24.......will someone run this scumbag out of the burgh.

StainlessStill
12-09-2009, 07:59 PM
Gerry Douchebag picked the browns 27-24.......will someone run this scumbag out of the burgh.

So there's going to be a total of 50 points, in grueling , windy, and snowing conditions? I don't think so. Say what you want about the Raiders, but they are a MUCH MORE BETTER UNIT than Cleveland would ever dream to be.

Also, Hines plays.

21-6 Steelers.

Steel-Bryan
12-09-2009, 09:45 PM
28-24 browns ,

Glloydfan
12-09-2009, 10:05 PM
Someone please help me understand why holmes can't catch lb in kc. Mendy had to run him down. And on his long catch against raiders a safety ran him down from way back. I always thought he was very fast. Is he losing a step or are those other players barb burners?