PDA

View Full Version : Steelers vs. Browns Game Day Thread - 12/10/09

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]

Steeler in Carolina
12-10-2009, 11:16 PM
I too am still and will always be a Steeler fan, but games like these last 5 absolutely tick me off.

Dodt
crappp.

SteelerFanInStl
Unbelievable. All of the talk in the offseason about defending their title and not having another Super Bowl hangover. Tomlin talking about studying the 70's Steelers and about it being a new season. All complete BS! I've been a Steelers fan for 35 years and this is the first time that I've EVER been embarrassed to be a Steeler fan.

fansince'76
Wow.

We got to get the springs fixed on the bandwagon.

its is bouncing quite high with everyone jumping off it.

Only good thing about it.

DoctorCAD
12-10-2009, 11:17 PM
Wow.

Your bandwagon talk is pissing me off.......

This team has LET US DOWN and we are expressing our displeasure.

Bandwagon talk is for Patriot* rfans, not Steeler fans.

stlrz fan
Before all hell breaks loose. I would like to say this is my team, and I'm proud to be a Steeler fan.

Amen!!!! We are lucky to have a team that we expect so much from. They're broken but they're our Steelers:drink::tt02:

Steeler in Carolina
Wow.

I will never jump off.

HometownGal
Wow.

Disgusting aint it? Well - at least after this game (and season), we'll know without a shadow of a doubt who the FWF's are.

SteeleReign
Now I gotta go upstairs and face my Ravens-fan wife.....great....freakin' great!! Sonsabitches!!

Carolina Steelers
So much for Dec 20 gm vs Packers I got tickets to this gm. The Steelers will have nothing to play for I never would have thought this. 6-7 3 losses vs Browns, Chiefs, and Raiders

mesaSteeler
ok, NOW CAN WE PLEASE FIRE BA????:noidea:
:applaudit::applaudit::applaudit::applaudit::appla udit:

Steelersfan4life0655
i wanna know what good ole coach Tomlin has to say in the post game interviews!!! wow.....this just wasnt suppose to be our year!!

MACH1
Only good thing about it.

I have a bad feeling it's going to get a lot lighter in the coming 3 weeks.

TackleMeBen
12-10-2009, 11:18 PM
well gary and marianne, you are going to have one busy day tomorrow ....lol.

steveironcity
I can take losing... If the players give it everything they got. This team gave nothing....this team surrendered. They dont give a damn

Steeler in Carolina
Unbelievable. All of the talk in the offseason about defending their title and not having another Super Bowl hangover. Tomlin talking about studying the 70's Steelers and about it being a new season. All complete BS! I've been a Steelers fan for 35 years and this is the first time that I've EVER been embarrassed to be a Steeler fan.

I would never be embarrassed to be a Steeler fan, but this is very disappointing.

devilsdancefloor
I'm going to go vomit now.

i think i am too

HometownGal
Your bandwagon talk is pissing me off.......

This team has LET US DOWN and we are expressing our displeasure.

Bandwagon talk is for Patriot* rfans, not Steeler fans.

Doc - will the Steelers missing the playoffs this season REALLY have that much of an impact on your life? Seriously dude.

tony hipchest
we were beat by brady quinns 6 completions. :dang:

mesaSteeler
12-10-2009, 11:19 PM

I've been a Steelers fan for 45 years and I have never seen a Steeler team collapse like this. Tomlin has lost control of the team. The Rooney's must step it to right the ship.

Steeler in Carolina
12-10-2009, 11:20 PM
i wanna know what good ole coach Tomlin has to say in the post game interviews!!! wow.....this just wasnt suppose to be our year!!

Maybe is was just too cold. Can't unleash hell on the Browns in cold weather.

TackleMeBen
I've been a Steelers fan for 45 years and I have never seen a Steeler team collapse like this. Tomlin has lost control of the team. The Rooney's must step it to right the ship.
YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RIGHT NOW

Spidey
Arians should be stoned!!

HometownGal
well gary and marianne, you are going to have one busy day tomorrow ....lol.

Yeah I know. That's what we are paid . . . errrrr . . . I mean volunteer our time to deal with. It's all good.

MACH1

I don't know if Tomlin's lost them but I can't say the same for BA.

WIKDCUT
we were beat by brady quinns 6 completions. :dang:

We were beat by our own damn selves and Josh Cribbs. How can this guy be that fricken good?

SteeleReign
Well...I'll be wearing my jersey and yelling at the TV again on 12/20....until then...peace...

Carolina Steelers
12-10-2009, 11:21 PM
Maybe is was just too cold. Can't unleash hell on the Browns in cold weather.

:sofunny:

brick
Wow.

lol, at least that's a plus. whatever, i mean i don't know how much of an impact we would have made in the playoffs even if we did sneak in somehow (you never know, but still). maybe it's good the players come back down to earth after last season and realize the playoffs are not guaranteed for anyone. get some more solid picks, get players healthy, rebuild. we'll be back. we always are.

GO STEELERS :tt02:

Carolina Steelers
Well at least my fanasty team made it to the playoffs

Texasteel
And, look at the 2 timeouts we basically wasted. We were way out coached tonight.

We were way out played tonight as well.

SteeleReign

This. Tomlin has lost this team. He needs the offseason more than the players do.

DoctorCAD
12-10-2009, 11:22 PM
Doc - will the Steelers missing the playoffs this season REALLY have that much of an impact on your life? Seriously dude.

Yes, because I'm a true Steeler fan and expect excellence EVERY GAME

Hines0wnz
12-10-2009, 11:22 PM
My summation: disgusted, ashamed, embarrassed and shell shocked.

I look forward to Troy's return in full health in 2010 and the 2010 season.

And a note to Coach Tomlin...no more proclamations please.

SteelMusic
12-10-2009, 11:23 PM
Disgusting aint it? Well - at least after this game (and season), we'll know without a shadow of a doubt who the FWF's are.

Honestly if you feel like banning me for this oh well, no big loss, but the mods on this forum crack me up. It's like your not actually allowed to talk about the aspects of the game. All you can do is say 'I will always be a steelers fan', or you are considered to be a bandwagon fan. Seriously??? People have a right to be pissed after a loss like this. And people have the right to express what they feel is wrong with the team. I think that's what a forum is for. :tt03:

WIKDCUT

Did you have the Browns D tonight? Could win your playoff game with them alone. Totally pathetic.

I guess that on the bright side, the Steelers won't make it to the playoffs and REALLY get their asses handed to them by the Colts or the Chargers or the Pats.:mad:

Hines0wnz

lulz......as did mine! :thumbsup:

Steeler in Carolina
12-10-2009, 11:24 PM
I still don't know how the Browns touchdown was still a TD. These rules are really crazy. Because he didn't leave his feet, the ball doesn't have to be inside the pylon?

Texasteel

BA may not have had a good night, but he is not the REASON we lost this game. The whole team played like crap.

Steeler in Carolina
So, does Troy play next week or not?

TackleMeBen
12-10-2009, 11:25 PM
the draft is only about 140 days away!
that is a 140 days too damn long..lol

RetiredSoldier919

Then you are setting yourself up for big disappointment.
The Steelers are anything but consistant. This time the whole team and staff stayed home and must have sent the player's wives to the game.

Steeler in Carolina
From 6-2 to 6-7. Wow

Steelersfan4life0655
i dunno, maybes Tomlins reference to the Unleashing hell, was a subliminal message saying we will suck the rest of the year? :flap:

BleedBlacknGold0
12-10-2009, 11:26 PM

Doc the arguments not worth it. People who expect the Steelers to play well and win year in and out are just idiots here. You will be called a spoiled Maddenite and also be called a band wagon fan.

Texasteel

Not unless he is absolutely 100% well and healthy.

WIKDCUT
I still don't know how the Browns touchdown was still a TD. These rules are really crazy. Because he didn't leave his feet, the ball doesn't have to be inside the pylon?

No. According to NFL rules, the plane of the end zone travels around the world. You could literally leave your feet in bounds and fly to the seats and as lond as you broke the plane before you hit it's a TD.

Why are you concerned about that anyhow. We still would've lost without that TD being scored.

steveironcity
12-10-2009, 11:27 PM
Well, a good nights sleep, and we will all feel better in the morning.. As my old man used to say- "it dont matter if they win or lose, i still have to go to work tomarrow"

Carolina Steelers

I say not! hes been injury prone here lately let him rest and get healthy

tony hipchest
View Post

im still proud to be a steeler fan. but i am ambarrassed by anyone who tries to defend arians.

ben-32 passes
mendenahall/parker- 19 runs

browns- 20 pass/28 runs.

"chess not checkers" :poop:

K.I.S.S.

WIKDCUT
12-10-2009, 11:28 PM

Troy doesn't play the rest of the year. No reason to. Get healthy and unleash hell next year. He seems to be the only player on the team that can do that.

RetiredSoldier919
How the hell do you lose to the worst ranked team? How do you lose to the worst ranked team after loosing to every lousy team prior to that? I am absolutely dumbfounded by what I've seen this season. Worst of all we don't even have cheerleaders to watch when the game goes to hell!

ohiosteelerfan20

yep if only he would have done something about the Browns rushing for over 170 yards. :noidea:

7SteelGal43
12-10-2009, 11:29 PM
As I'm watching the game tonite, knowing our playoff hopes are riding on this game, it became abundantly clear what is missing from this Steeler team. Heart. They just didn't seem to have it tonite. But I got one question for y'all. Do ya still luv this team ?!!!! :tt03:

I thought so. G'nite all.

SteelerFanInStl
12-10-2009, 11:29 PM

Agreed. Heads need to roll. Tomlin talked about 'unleashing Hell'. Nothing happened. Tomlin said that people were going to lose their jobs. Nothing happened. Every week they've played worse and worse. Someone needs to take control of this mess.

They need to start playing the young guys next game. Burnett, Lewis, Mundy, Hood, etc. They should all get much more playing time in the final 3 games. The young OL, Johnson at TE and Dixon also need to get more playing time. It's time to start playing for next year.

tony hipchest
12-10-2009, 11:30 PM
Well, a good nights sleep, and we will all feel better in the morning.. As my old man used to say- "it dont matter if they win or lose, i still have to go to work tomarrow"he sounds like a wise old man. :cheers:

supa_fly_steeler
ravens own the tie breaker now.

goodbye playoffs.

steelpride12
Well Steeler nation be proud show your Steeler support always.

VinnySteel

My interpretation is if he left his feet to dive towards out of bounds, previously the goal line extended all the way around the world so he wouldn't have to hit the pilon. When the player is carrying the ball (or catching it) his body is an extension of the ball so if he is in bounds in the endzone, then it is a TD. Think about a receiver with two feet in the front corner and catching a ball thrown out of bounds.

T&B fan
is it time to say ... bring back Bill ????

VinnySteel
12-10-2009, 11:31 PM
well at least I have something to discuss with my office mate tomorrow who is a Panthers fan.

Steeler in Carolina
12-10-2009, 11:32 PM
No. According to NFL rules, the plane of the end zone travels around the world. You could literally leave your feet in bounds and fly to the seats and as lond as you broke the plane before you hit it's a TD.

Why are you concerned about that anyhow. We still would've lost without that TD being scored.

I'm not that concerned, I just think it is funny how the NFL has so many crazy calls. What is the difference in leaving your feet or not. Same rules should apply.

brick
people have too short a memory. tomlin won the afc north in his first season, and the SUPER BOWL in his second! he's a young coach, he was bound to have a down season. he'll learn from this and so will the young players on the team.

(and yes i realize the irony considering my avatar :smile:)

RetiredSoldier919

Hell no... Bill lost his heart too.

tony hipchest
12-10-2009, 11:33 PM
Agreed. Heads need to roll. Tomlin talked about 'unleashing Hell'. Nothing happened. Tomlin said that people were going to lose their jobs. Nothing happened.

actually tomlin took logan out of the game. then again, logan is the 53rd man on the roster. the man he cut anthony madison for.

anyone notice madison (our special teams captain from last year) played great?

complete mismanagement. ratliff had no business on the roster from the get go.

TX Steelerfan
12-10-2009, 11:34 PM
im still proud to be a steeler fan. but i am ambarrassed by anyone who tries to defend arians.

ben-32 passes
mendenahall/parker- 19 runs

browns- 20 pass/28 runs.

"chess not checkers" :poop:

K.I.S.S.
Even Kordell Stewart is saying the same thing on ESPN News.
Kordell freakin' Stewart!

Steeler in Carolina
12-10-2009, 11:35 PM
Well, at least we can close it out with wins over Green Bay, Baltimore, and Miami and maybe knock each of them out of the playoffs as well.

RetiredSoldier919
Well Steeler nation be proud show your Steeler support always.

That's a tall order considering the last few opponents we lost to.
The Browns! The 1-11 Browns for heavens sake!

But I'll keep my Steelers flag flying from my porch.

Steeler in Carolina
Good night all. 5:30 comes early.

7SteelGal43

NO WAY, NO CHANCE, NO HOW.

MIKEY T BABYYYYYY

Steeler in Carolina
12-10-2009, 11:37 PM
That's a tall order considering the last few opponents we lost to.
The Browns! The 1-11 Browns for heavens sake!

But I'll keep my Steelers flag flying from my porch.

I've endured all these Pirate losing seasons. At least we can still win the last 3 and finish 9-7

WIKDCUT
Hey, the coaching deserves some blame, but the players are ultimately responsible for making the plays.

Is it Arians' fault that the O-line couldn't have blocked my grandmother tonight? Was it his fault that receivers ran wrong routes and dropped balls? Was it his fault that the receivers couldn't uncover and Ben didn't throw the ball away?

Was it LeBeau's fault that Josh Cribbs looked like he was greased with butter before the game and nobody could tackle him?

Right now, the players are acting like they play on a tiolet bowl team like the Browns and just don't give a shit. They act like they have nothing to play for and could care less whether they win or lose. This is not the attitude of a Pittsburgh Steeler. Someone in that locker room needs to step up and get these guys' heads out of their asses.

supa_fly_steeler
Well, at least we can close it out with wins over Green Bay, Baltimore, and Miami and maybe knock each of them out of the playoffs as well.

ur havin a laugh lol :sofunny:

supa_fly_steeler
12-10-2009, 11:38 PM
Hey, the coaching deserves some blame, but the players are ultimately responsible for making the plays.

Is it Arians' fault that the O-line couldn't have blocked my grandmother tonight? Was it his fault that receivers ran wrong routes and dropped balls? Was it his fault that the receivers couldn't uncover and Ben didn't throw the ball away?

Was it LeBeau's fault that Josh Cribbs looked like he was greased with butter before the game and nobody could tackle him?

Right now, the players are acting like they play on a tiolet bowl team like the Browns and just don't give a shit. They act like they have nothing to play for and could care less whether they win or lose. This is not the attitude of a Pittsburgh Steeler. Someone in that locker room needs to step up and get these guys' heads out of their asses.

5 games too late

RetiredSoldier919
12-10-2009, 11:38 PM
I've endured all these Pirate losing seasons. At least we can still win the last 3 and finish 9-7

They better use different players than what we saw playing tonight.

WIKDCUT
12-10-2009, 11:42 PM
5 games too late

Dead on. Who the hell is leading this team this year? Where's the pride? Where's the sicktoitiveness or whatever the hell it is?

I feel like I am watching the Rams or the Browns or the Buccaneers dressed up in black and gold out there.

One year after becoming THE NFL dynasty with SIX rings, we look like a team that couldn't beat a pop warner team.

WIKDCUT
12-10-2009, 11:44 PM
My father in law is a Browns fan who LOATHES the Steelers. Now I have to hear his shit for an entire year. This is beyond a nightmare.

RetiredSoldier919
12-10-2009, 11:47 PM
My father in law is a Browns fan who LOATHES the Steelers. Now I have to hear his shit for an entire year. This is beyond a nightmare.

No offense... but your wife must be extremely hot for you to marry into a Brown's family. You may have asked for it. Just be sure to mention the six SBs.

xfl2001fan
12-11-2009, 06:20 AM
This was a bittersweet victory. Great to end the streak...but a still (otherwise) meaningless game.

CB1977
12-11-2009, 09:05 AM
I want to see a LOT of Brady Queer on his ass tonight. :tt02: WOOF!

Looks like it was the other way around!!

What happened to you guys last night? Not that I'm complaining but it sure didn't look like the Steelers.

Come to think of it, it didn't look like my Browns either! :thumbsup:

xfl2001fan
12-11-2009, 09:08 AM
Looks like it was the other way around!!

What happened to you guys last night? Not that I'm complaining but it sure didn't look like the Steelers.

Come to think of it, it didn't look like my Browns either! :thumbsup:

That question will likely be answered by the followign:

Arians Sucks/needs to be fired
Ben Sucks
Tomlin Sucks/needs to be fired
Lebeau needs to retire
The O-line sucks
The D-line sucks
Injuries
Browns got lucky

It just depends on which doom&gloomer answers the question. Personally, I think too many people are too worked up over this. Like you, I'm glad for the victory...but it's only #2 on the season...and this late in the season...that means that we're "lottery pick" regardless.