PDA

View Full Version : gift basket help

wardgrl
01-27-2006, 02:30 PM
Hi, I am a long time lurker and thought I would ask here for help. My husband has been a die-hard Steelers fan since he was 8 years old (about 1978) He grew up in Southwest Iowa and we now live in Minnesota (we were lucky enough to take our son (6) and oldest daughter (4) to watch the Steelers when they came here) He has never been to Pittsburgh and so for the Superbowl I would like to put together a basket or something of authentic Pittsburg paraphinelia. Any ideas or suggestions? I need to act fast! Thanks

NovocainE
01-27-2006, 03:23 PM
For starters the Terrible Towel is a must!!!

clevestinks
01-27-2006, 03:40 PM
yes I agree a Terrible Towel is a must! Then the Steelers Polka on CD

wardgrl
01-27-2006, 03:43 PM

BlackNGold203
01-27-2006, 04:14 PM
Iron City beer.....must have Iron City beer...or Rolling Rock..that works too

steelersgirl86
01-27-2006, 04:19 PM
They sell Steelers hot sauce....basically hot sauce in a bottle with a steelers label.

BlackNGold203
01-27-2006, 04:19 PM
Big Ben Beef Jerky!!!!!

NovocainE
01-27-2006, 04:55 PM
Oh good call on the Iron City Beer.

Take a look at this old can. My mother in law from Pittsburgh gave it to me!!!

http://amcunreal.com/Temp/ICbeer%20(1).JPG http://amcunreal.com/Temp/ICbeer.jpg

WisconsinSteelerMan
01-27-2006, 05:25 PM
HEY THERE!

I am a Steeler MANIAC who has been lurking here for a while and thougt I would post a reply.

I, too was at the Minnesota game and had an ABSOLUTE BLAST watching my buddies who were there for the Vikes go nuts when the STILLERS killed their playoff hopes...what a blast!!!

As to Pittsburgh food or things regarding Pittsburgh for your husband's gift basket... I am a native Pittsburgher, and these are some of the things that say "Pittsburgh" to me...

- Pierogies - Basically Cheesey Mashed Potatoes in a dough pocket that you fry in a skillet and drench with butter and fried onions...

- Kielbassa - Polish sausage (NOT BRATWURST...THAT IS PACKER STUFF!) that is fried in a skillet in its own oil (sensing a thread here??)

- Clark Bars (are these still out there??) Delicious FAT-LADEN candybars...

The problem with the Pierogies and Kielbassa is that they need to be frozen or cold to keep... They are soooooo goood, though!

I am having a Superbowl party in La Crosse, Wisconsin and am serving these two things to my guests...

ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO GET "Arn City" outside of the burgh??? I would love to have that, but it is a regional only beer!!!!!

Take care all!

Mike

(sorry... no siggy yet, because I don't know how to make one up!!!!:dang: