PDA

View Full Version : Not Good So Far........

aclark99
12-10-2009, 08:34 PM
:banging:Looking really bad tonight....Offense can't stop the pass rush and defense can't stop Cribbs. I hope this is not going to be a long night. We look very flat. Not close to a playoff team. I hope this gets turned around quickly or tis could be another loss to a very poor rated team.:banging:

Milkman
12-10-2009, 08:34 PM
:banging:Looking really bad tonight....Offense can't stop the pass rush and defense can't stop Cribbs. I hope this is not going to be a long night. We look very flat. Not close to a playoff team. I hope this gets turned around quickly or tis could be another loss to a very poor rated team.:banging:

If our playcalling wasn't so predictable we might have a chance...

CargoJon
12-10-2009, 08:36 PM
our defense is just terrible, and our o line is no better

aclark99
12-10-2009, 08:36 PM
Defense just looks flat. Tomlin needs to start earning his paycheck if we are going to reach the playoffs. Arians must go!!!!!

The_WARDen
12-10-2009, 08:38 PM
This team blows...offense, defense, special teams and coaching.

Good night...not wasting another minute of my life watching this GARBAGE!

:mad:

steel9guy
if we'd get motivated maybe we could compete.

Milkman
This team blows...offense, defense, special teams and coaching.

Good night...not wasting another minute of my life watching this GARBAGE!

:mad:

I really can't understand how we can look this bad tbh...

CargoJon
12-10-2009, 08:39 PM
remember back when we were actually a decent team? I think we did OK last year IIRC....ugh.

aclark99
12-10-2009, 08:40 PM
VERY SAD - Losing at halftime to a 1-11 team. Cleveland doesn't even belong in this game. We are lacking heart this year. It is all about me on this team from lawsuits to toughness. We just don't have it this year. SUPER BOWL HANGOVER!!!!!!!

Sharkissle29
12-10-2009, 08:41 PM
i've officially lost hope

Need4Sweed
12-10-2009, 08:42 PM
Way to shit on yourselves guys...Quinn looking like Bart Starr and Ben looking like Bart Simpson:banging:

lewey72
12-10-2009, 08:43 PM
How pathetic does it have to get before you get rid of big Bruce?

SteelersJW
Guys....We really suck. I thought we looked bad coming into this game, but we look REALLY bad.

pepsyman1
This is really a very poor performance in all phases of the game at this point. Offensive line is giving up sacks on plays that only have 3 rushers and not making any gaps for the rushing game. Ike Taylor beaten badly yet again. Poor coverage on a punt. Weak blocking on kickoff returns....bad tackling....the list is just nauseating. How have we dropped so far so quickly?

aclark99
12-10-2009, 08:44 PM
I question our head coach. I never was sold on Tomlin even when we won the Super Bowl. He was blessed with a playoff team. Tomlin hasn't drafted well in his 3 years so far. Mendenhall is probably the best pick to date - no one else has done a darn thing for this team.

steel9guy
I'm still keeping the faith!!!!!!!!

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lewey72
Way to shit on yourselves guys...Quinn looking like Bart Starr and Ben looking like Bart Simpson:banging:

That is hilarious I dont care who you are

Milkman
12-10-2009, 08:45 PM

I needed that laugh, ty sir :hatsoff:

aclark99
12-10-2009, 08:48 PM
Finally, some life from our offense. NAH, Ward just dropped another pass. I hope the second half is better than the first. We will abandon the run in the second half and Ben will throw 50 times. What a great offense. Maybe Arians should be hired as our next head coach.

lewey72
12-10-2009, 08:49 PM
Wow a field goal. Thats going to win a game. If anybody says anything about playoffs I would have say you are crazy and refer you to the Jim Mora Sr. comments that is played all the time on TV.

SteelBaller
12-10-2009, 08:50 PM
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH, THIS IS HILARIOUS

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

:thumbsup: Good job Steelers! :applaudit:

At least it's a good game :popcorn:

steel9guy
12-10-2009, 08:51 PM
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH, THIS IS HILARIOUS

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

:thumbsup: Good job Steelers! :applaudit:

At least it's a good game :popcorn:

haha

stb_steeler
12-10-2009, 08:52 PM
Finally, some life from our offense. NAH, Ward just dropped another pass. I hope the second half is better than the first. We will abandon the run in the second half and Ben will throw 50 times. What a great offense. Maybe Arians should be hired as our next head coach.

Not to mention sure hands Miller dropped the ball on the 3. Well he used to be sure handed. Man everyones stinkin it up. This might go down as one of the worst seasons i have witnessed in a long time. Well since the 80's anyhow....Geeeezuz !

HometownGal
12-10-2009, 08:52 PM
Defense just looks flat. Tomlin needs to start earning his paycheck if we are going to reach the playoffs. Arians must go!!!!!

And so what if we don't make the playoffs??? It's not the end of the world and surely not the end of more Lombardis in the Burgh.

This is what I am talking about when I rant on about that sense of entitlement some of you have. They aren't going to get into the playoffs and win the Super Bowl every year for God's sake.

Milkman
12-10-2009, 08:53 PM
*high-pitched girly voice activated* "PLAYOFFS?"

Sharkissle29
12-10-2009, 08:53 PM
I question our head coach. I never was sold on Tomlin even when we won the Super Bowl. He was blessed with a playoff team. Tomlin hasn't drafted well in his 3 years so far. Mendenhall is probably the best pick to date - no one else has done a darn thing for this team.

im kinda drunk from watching this game already.....

but wasnt he apart of woodley, timmon...???

HometownGal
12-10-2009, 08:54 PM
This is really a very poor performance in all phases of the game at this point. Offensive line is giving up sacks on plays that only have 3 rushers and not making any gaps for the rushing game. Ike Taylor beaten badly yet again. Poor coverage on a punt. Weak blocking on kickoff returns....bad tackling....the list is just nauseating. How have we dropped so far so quickly?

It's all that evil mastermind Bruce Arians, plotting to destroy this team.

Sharkissle29
12-10-2009, 08:56 PM

come on htg....you have to admit bruce is a moron.

empty set on 3RD AND 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HometownGal
12-10-2009, 08:58 PM

I posted in the Game Day thread that was a horrible call, but overall, I have no problem with the man and I don't believe he is a "moron". I do have a problem with the play of our OL tonight all the way around from the sacks on Ben to the problem with the running game. They've played pretty well all season long but are :poop:ing the bed tonight thus far.

Galax Steeler
12-10-2009, 08:58 PM

:toofunny: What about Woodley and Timmons not to shabby.:toofunny:

psusteelers4life
12-10-2009, 08:59 PM
I thought Tomlin said there was going to be changes with starters it looked to me to be the same starters as always. I did see Burnett in for Gay, but it looked the same to me on the D and O.

plenewken
12-10-2009, 08:59 PM

Well, I think you're gonna have a tough time trying to make a case for the offense tonight. That's the most pathetic 1s half I've seen from our offense in a looooong time.

aclark99
12-10-2009, 09:00 PM
Woodley had an awsome year last year but is having a down year this year. Timmons is not a Larry Foote. Our defense really misses two players - Bryant McFadden and Larry Foote. Two motors that were not replaced. Timmons has done nothing to show he is better than Foote.

Galax Steeler
12-10-2009, 09:01 PM
Woodley had an awsome year last year but is having a down year this year. Timmons is not a Larry Foote. Our defense really misses two players - Bryant McFadden and Larry Foote. Two motors that were not replaced. Timmons has done nothing to show he is better than Foote.

Woodley has 9 sacks this year you call that a down year

GodofGridiron
12-10-2009, 09:01 PM
We will never...ever ...EVER exploit a mismatch on offense....EVER....my gawd Bruce. Gameplan for once in your lifetime dude. Im sick and tired of this 7 step drop stuff with no Blitz adjustment...Cleveland can station 3 lineman and walk 4 in the box to blitz and theres not adjustment in routes or a change of the play at the line. My gawd how were we so lucky last year.......seems defenses have adjusted very well to what we do. We arent catchin anybody off guard

Need4Sweed
12-10-2009, 09:02 PM

And we've seen that set a gazzzzzziiiiilllllllion times this yr on 3rd and short, 1st and goal from 8 (see KC game) ...for the life of me!!!!...

SteelBaller
12-10-2009, 09:02 PM
And so what if we don't make the playoffs??? It's not the end of the world and surely not the end of more Lombardis in the Burgh.

This is what I am talking about when I rant on about that sense of entitlement some of you have. They aren't going to get into the playoffs and win the Super Bowl every year for God's sake.

PLAYOFFS!!? PLAYOFFS!?

This is about beating the BROWNS. The Cleveland Browns, the team that so many shit upon in these forums.

With a 10 point deficit, get ready for an interception and more sacks from Big Ben, because they've been running it on us all night.

Game ova' man. Game ova'.

HometownGal
12-10-2009, 09:03 PM
Well, I think you're gonna have a tough time trying to make a case for the offense tonight. That's the most pathetic 1s half I've seen from our offense in a looooong time.

If the score and the play continues as it has the first half, you won't hear me sticking up for the O tonight. However, I won't jump on the "Fire Bruce Arians" bandwagon.

aclark99
12-10-2009, 09:03 PM
Woodley is not playing with the intensity he had last year. In fact, the entire defense is flat. And there goes our special teams with a muff.

aclark99
12-10-2009, 09:06 PM
Stats are not everything...wins are the only thing...we need to get this ship turned in the right direction and get a touchdown on this drive.

Galax Steeler
12-10-2009, 09:08 PM
Woodley is not playing with the intensity he had last year. In fact, the entire defense is flat. And there goes our special teams with a muff.

Whatever you have your opinion I have mine

Edman
12-10-2009, 09:23 PM
I've personally had it with Bruce Arians.

-The guy does not adjust.
-Finds something that works, then stops doing it.
-His schemes get yards, not points.
-Does not play to the team's strengths.
-Wastes the bevy of offensive talent and our franchise QB with his chicken**** playcalling.

Ben's dynamite playmaking has saved this wasteoid's job. But now that Ben isn't getting the time he needs, the weaknesses in Bruce are showing.

Steelers>NFL
12-10-2009, 09:37 PM
And we've seen that set a gazzzzzziiiiilllllllion times this yr on 3rd and short, 1st and goal from 8 (see KC game) ...for the life of me!!!!...
This pisses me off very badly. 3rd & 1 with empty back field. JC!
Why not just tell the other team what play you are running....

HometownGal
12-10-2009, 09:49 PM
I've personally had it with Bruce Arians.

-The guy does not adjust.
-Finds something that works, then stops doing it.
-His schemes get yards, not points.
-Does not play to the team's strengths.
-Wastes the bevy of offensive talent and our franchise QB with his chicken**** playcalling.
--Does not block Browns defenders manhandling him on the OL.

Ben's dynamite playmaking has saved this wasteoid's job. But now that Ben isn't getting the time he needs, the weaknesses in Bruce are showing.

There, Ed - fixed that for ya. :thumbsup:

bigben7k
12-10-2009, 10:15 PM
our season is over...