PDA

View Full Version : Can you say ROCK BOTTOM

steelbad@50
12-10-2009, 09:58 PM
If we lose to the Brownstains thats what it will feel like, ROCK BOTTOM !

steel9guy
12-10-2009, 10:01 PM
yeah look at the bright side, it can't get any worse than this.

Edman
12-10-2009, 10:14 PM
The only bright side I see is that losing tonight effectively ends our season. Only three more weeks of watching this uninspired garbage.

This team quit.

SteelBaller
12-10-2009, 10:16 PM
They've been running it on us all night.

DONE!

Steelers>NFL
12-10-2009, 10:21 PM
They are pathetic tonight.

O Sensei
12-10-2009, 10:21 PM
Christ this is f'n pathetic

SteelerEmpire
12-10-2009, 10:32 PM
I'll be SURPRISED if we win this game..... seriously....

BlastFurnace
12-10-2009, 10:37 PM
I'll be SURPRISED if we win this game..... seriously....

I'll be surprised if we win another game this season.

Edman
12-10-2009, 10:42 PM
Let's see...

Green Bay
Baltimore
@Miami

I don't see it in them either. Time to come to grips with the facts folks. Don't stop cheering them on, but the truth has become apparent. The Pittsburgh Steelers in a span of eight months, have undergone a rapid metamorphosis from a champion to a punchline.

The Steelers suck. They're not a good team. They're not champs. They're chumps. No more excuses. No more buts. Don't stop cheering them on, but don't delude yourselves into thinking this team is still good. They're not good. They're an embarrassment.

Take solace in the fact that we don't suck for long. We'll be back.

NastySteelers
12-10-2009, 10:59 PM
This is the worst excuse for a football team i have seen in a long time. I mean cmon man.. a team that is 1-11 is running us over..I really just want this season to end so they can get their heads out of their asses and learn the fundamentals again..Tomlin dosnt have an excuse this game..Horrible playing.. Done

Crow-Magnon
12-10-2009, 11:07 PM
This game is about to give me a #@&* coronary. You guys must be tearing your hair out by the roots!

SteelerEmpire
12-10-2009, 11:07 PM
To address the title of this thread.... ROCK BOTTOM.....

Steelers>NFL
12-10-2009, 11:13 PM
Why didn't Ben just run the ball on 4th? He had room...

HometownGal
12-10-2009, 11:13 PM
This game is about to give me a #@&* coronary. You guys must be tearing your hair out by the roots!

Not me. The Steelers have given me so much to be grateful for in the 40+ years I've been a fan, so a sucky season here and there really doesn't upset me. I know from experience that the bad times don't last very long in the Burgh. Am I disappointed? Sure I am. Who doesn't want their team in the playoffs every season? I'm just smart enough to know that just doesn't happen in the real world.

I'm going to wake up tomorrow morning still feeling just as blessed to be a Pittsburgh Steelers fan and look forward to the draft, TC and next season. :tt02:

Steeldude
12-10-2009, 11:14 PM
i'm sure the blind optimists will say everything is good and the steelers are going to the SB.

Drizztbob
12-10-2009, 11:16 PM
SEASON OVER

Eztarget
12-10-2009, 11:16 PM
What the hell is wrong with our offense? Seriously it's essentially the same offense that drove the length of the field in the Superbowl to win and now can't move the ball on the Browns?

WOW.

Fire Haley
12-10-2009, 11:17 PM
Cowher just called me - he wants his old job back - with Weis as OC.

warddj86
12-10-2009, 11:21 PM
6-10

cakmakli
12-10-2009, 11:25 PM
Forget about the world ending in 2012. It just ended tonight

Dino 6 Rings
12-10-2009, 11:26 PM
I said it to my wife...This is Rock Bottom...

I mean I've seen us lose before...but the Cheifs, the Raiders, the Bengals Twice, and now....now...on primetime TV we lose to the Browns. 13-6

Nadroj 20
12-10-2009, 11:28 PM
I dont think it can get any worse losing to the browns so yea i can say rock bottom.

MACH1
We even set a new record tonight. The most ever loses in a row for a defending champion.

steelbad@50
the Browns, :doh: c'mon man.

Steel_Bus_24
12-10-2009, 11:30 PM
FFFFFFing pathetic performance.................its like watching a monkey.....well ya know

but seriously where has they're passion for the game gone????

They have looked freaking miserable out there.....like they don't even want to be playing and hoping that it could just end quickly

Nothing but a bunch of lifeless souls running around out there for the last 5 weeks

Dino 6 Rings
12-10-2009, 11:31 PM
yep, really...I mean even if we lose to the Packers...the Ravens again...and the Dolphins....it can't be any worse than losing to the 1-11...excuse me...2-11 Browns.

really...it can't...at least I have that going for me...this is as bad as it can get for this season...I mean...playoff losses suck...really really suck...and God knows we've seen our share of those...and I still twitch when I think about Neil O throwing a 2nd pick....to the same freaking guy....

but this...this is the lowest point...I've Ever witnessed....I thought the Oakland game 3 years ago was bad...hell, I thought the Oakland game 4 days ago was bad....but no...not even close...

This....this cost people their job. Its not even debatable...People are going to be losing their jobs over this.

This is Officially....Rock Bottom.

Fire Haley
12-10-2009, 11:32 PM
Ben is brain damaged - start Dixon.

Dino 6 Rings
12-10-2009, 11:33 PM
what makes it so bad....so hard to deal with...is that it was a 1-11 team...in a must win situation...in primetime...and we never even got off the bus...

9 sacks allowed...something like 1-39 on 3rd down...something just aweful...and it didn't look like anyone really gave a shiiit out there....sure a couple times a couple guys made plays...but really....wtf....

people got TOO FAT...and TOO SLOW in the offseason....that's the Bottom Line...This was total Rock Bottom.

Vincent
12-10-2009, 11:34 PM
yeah look at the bright side, it can't get any worse than this.

It can get a great deal worse than this. Just watch.

CaseyHamburglar
12-10-2009, 11:35 PM
The only good thing about losing (i think i just threw up in my mouth) is that they HAVE TO make changes

MACH1
It can get a great deal worse than this. Just watch.

Yep, this could carry over to next year.

Dino 6 Rings
I went through earlier today and broke out all kinds of stats comparing our games this year to last years...the turnover difference...the time of possession, the redzone scoring on both sides of the ball, the penalties...all that crud...and really....none of it matters...none of it ever mattered...

this team...was headed straight down the well....right toward...Rock Bottom.

Nadroj 20
12-10-2009, 11:36 PM
I want to believe its the night after the superbowl right now and im actually just dreaming that we lost to the cheifs raiders bears and browns....I must be right?

Dino 6 Rings
12-10-2009, 11:37 PM
I mean...come on....the 1-11 browns? really????

Rock Effing Bottom.

SteelersinCA
12-10-2009, 11:39 PM
Does Troy really make that much of a difference, has Tomlin lost control of the team? Can you really fire Lebeau? I just don't know, it is embarrassing and shameful the way this team plays.

Dino 6 Rings
12-10-2009, 11:41 PM
I don't need to call for any heads to roll....they will officially roll in 5 weeks when this all shakes out and the math is done and we are unpacking golf clubs...

don't need to even point out stats...the -5 Turnover ration compared to the +4 of last year (including -11 in our 4 losses, meaning we were really +15 in our wins) Nope...means nothing now...

Nothing...playcalling...special teams...tackling...coverage...dropped balls...missed blocks...sacks...all of it...its nothing now...nothing at all...

all the math and what if this nonsense...means nothing....5 losses in a row as the Defending Super Bowl champs and they came against 3 of the worst teams in the league...

5 in row folks...Bengals....Chiefs....Ravens...Raiders....a nd now....the Browns...

Rock Bottom

HughC
12-10-2009, 11:42 PM
Maybe it's gallows humor, but something I just thought of: both teams royally screwed up tonight.

The Steelers essentially killed their dim playoff hopes with this loss.

The Browns killed their chance at the number one pick in the draft.

Glace
12-10-2009, 11:43 PM
You know....Rich Eisen and those guys were laughing about this....LAUGHING at our Steelers.

I never want to feel this feeling again.

Even though we're missing the postseason...I want to see these boys end this season on a positive note. We can eliminate the Ravens playoff chances. We can eliminate the Dolphins.

There is still something to play for.

stillers4me
12-10-2009, 11:43 PM
Does Troy really make that much of a difference, has Tomlin lost control of the team? Can you really fire Lebeau? I just don't know, it is embarrassing and shameful the way this team plays.

Yes, Troy makes a difference but the chain reaction starts with Aaron Smith.

Steel_Bus_24
12-10-2009, 11:45 PM
"Loser" and "I don't give a F" reeks all over their faces...you can just see it their eyes

Now I can only hope this whatever the hell it is, is contained to this season

BlastFurnace
12-10-2009, 11:45 PM

LOL...is this Disgrace #2

By the way...where is Disgrace #2...we could really use him.

SteelersinCA
12-10-2009, 11:46 PM

Better get used to not having him, he's getting up there.

mesaSteeler
12-10-2009, 11:46 PM

I am worried that it will. The Rooney's have to step in. I expect they will keep Tomlin but some of the assistants are gone. The key question is can Tomlin cope with this? He's never had to deal with this kind of adversity as a coach.

TroysBadDawg
12-10-2009, 11:47 PM
This is the worst excuse for a football team i have seen in a long time. I mean cmon man.. a team that is 1-11 is running us over..I really just want this season to end so they can get their heads out of their asses and learn the fundamentals again..Tomlin dosnt have an excuse this game..Horrible playing.. Done

Hey you haven't been wathing my Browns if you want to watch the worse excuse of a football team. Someone tell me how the heck you lost. I was actually cheering for you so we could maybe see Mangini go bye bye. NOw your team found a way to lose.

I do have to admit your team did not look inspired but who gave my Browns a shot in the backside?????

I am just glad there were no serious injuries on either side. Good game by both teams, it is a first betwee the two that went to the wire.

Again good game for both sides.

Steeler
12-10-2009, 11:47 PM
I don't even know what to say.

I never in my life saw a Steelers team quit on the field like this and I'm old. Ever, EVER!! Tomlin has lost this team and that's on nobody else but him.

meelanova
12-10-2009, 11:49 PM
I am worried that it will. The Rooney's have to step in. I expect they will keep Tomlin but some of the assistants are gone. The key question is can Tomlin cope with this? He's never had to deal with this kind of adversity as a coach.

LOL Why would Tomlin leave?! You think they'd really get rid of him? SMH. Anyway Tomlin will have dry spells like this. All coaches in all sports go through it. This is his first as a head coach. We just have to finish the season with some character and grit.

Glace
12-10-2009, 11:50 PM

Tomlin could coach 3 consecutive losing seasons and the Rooneys wouldn't get rid of him. No way. We aren't that kind of an organization.

That said...I have faith in Tomlin to fix this. We have off-years, the same as everybody else...but the thing that separates the Steelers from all 31 other organizations is our tradition of always righting the ship and finding our way back to the top. That is why we are the only organization with 6 Lombardi trophies on display.

Fire Haley
12-10-2009, 11:51 PM
Ben looked like he is already in a courtroom in Nevada.

What? Me care?

SteelersinCA
12-10-2009, 11:52 PM
Ben looked like he is already in a courtroom in Nevada.

What? Me care?

Ouch, cold.

Fire Haley
12-10-2009, 11:55 PM
I can't wait for the Winter Olympics in HD.

Dino 6 Rings
12-10-2009, 11:55 PM
Hey...do you think we can some how get the Rams on our schedule so we can give them something to cheer about....

Rock Bottom

Vincent
12-10-2009, 11:56 PM

At this stage it will. It is time to clean house and regroup.

If I owned this team I would can MT and the OC tonight, and appoint DL as interim coach. They would play for him. We have a ridiculous situation that requires radical resolve. MT ain't got it.

SteelersinCA
12-10-2009, 11:56 PM
I can't wait for the Winter Olympics in HD.

I forgot about that! and the World Cup in June!!!!!

fansince'76
12-10-2009, 11:58 PM
If I owned this team I would can MT and the OC tonight, and appoint DL as interim coach. They would play for him. We have a ridiculous situation that requires radical resolve. MT ain't got it.

I'm glad you don't own the team, because that is the Dan Snyder approach, and we've all seen how well that works. :coffee:

SteelerEmpire
Maybe when the Titans guys signed that Terrible Towel they did something to put a "reverse" curse on us... slipped us a mickey....Insane...

steelbad@50
there is a silver lining to this season, anyone:noidea: please, anyone

Dino 6 Rings
12-11-2009, 12:00 AM

you're clearly off your meds or something....

you are trying to suggest that the Steelers fire a Super Bowl winning coach after his 4th season?

SteelerEmpire
12-11-2009, 12:02 AM
you're clearly off your meds or something....

you are trying to suggest that the Steelers fire a Super Bowl winning coach after his 4th season?

Yea. If I'm not mistaken, Steeler's head coaches don't get fired... they only retire...

Dino 6 Rings
12-11-2009, 12:05 AM
excuse me...but earlier I asked if we couldn't get the RAMS on our schedule so we cold give their fans a warm fuzzy all over feeling...but someone was kind enough to point out to me that it would be awesome if we could get Tampa Bay on the remaining schedule as well...

I mean...that would be double awesome since that's where Tomlin got his start in the NFL...lets go lose to those guys too...just to make it really feel special...

Rock Bottom

Atranox
12-11-2009, 12:06 AM

So we should fire our head coach because of one sub-par season? Yeah, that sounds real intelligent. Lets just be glad that you don't own the team, otherwise Noll & Cowher would have both been gone long before they won any Super Bowls.

Dino 6 Rings
12-11-2009, 12:07 AM
hey maybe we can even rematch with the Lions...I bet they'd love another shot at the "defending champs"

Shoes
12-11-2009, 12:08 AM

The browns have 11 players on IR......including six starters.

Dino 6 Rings
12-11-2009, 12:09 AM
The browns have 11 players on IR......

See now THATS FUNNY!!!

ROCK BOTTOM!

Steel_Bus_24
12-11-2009, 12:15 AM
Seriously this was the Steelers equivalent to the Titans getting blasted by NE

Nobody gives a crap on this team anymore, they dont have any mental toughness at all to deal with the adversity

It looked like they tried at Balt but came up short, so they said "F**** It" and mailed it in

and apparently are contempt at being the laughing stock of the league

Vincent
12-11-2009, 12:19 AM
I'm glad you don't own the team, because that is the Dan Snyder approach, and we've all seen how well that works.

The Skins have been one of my "second favorite teams" for decades. "Mr Snyder's" meddling goes well beyond the selection of coaches. I can't stand his idiocy. I see your point but disagree in this case.

Yes. I don't think MT had anything more to do with the sixth Lombardi than Gruden had to do with TB's first. Another thread.

And he's in his third.

Dino 6 Rings
12-11-2009, 12:22 AM
The Skins have been one of my "second favorite teams" for decades. "Mr Snyder's" meddling goes well beyond the selection of coaches. I can't stand his idiocy. I see your point but disagree in this case.

Yes. I don't think MT had anything more to do with the sixth Lombardi than Gruden had to do with TB's first. Another thread.

And he's in his third.

right fire him after 3 years....great call...:coffee:

Rock Bottom

Dino 6 Rings
12-11-2009, 12:27 AM
Bottom Rock

Steeldude
12-11-2009, 01:45 AM

starting another kordell experiment is not the answer.

Fire Haley
12-11-2009, 06:16 AM
8 sacks? It's not the coaching - the team has quit on Ben.

silver & black
12-11-2009, 06:38 AM
yep, really...I mean even if we lose to the Packers...the Ravens again...and the Dolphins....it can't be any worse than losing to the 1-11...excuse me...2-11 Browns.

really...it can't...at least I have that going for me...this is as bad as it can get for this season...I mean...playoff losses suck...really really suck...and God knows we've seen our share of those...and I still twitch when I think about Neil O throwing a 2nd pick....to the same freaking guy....

but this...this is the lowest point...I've Ever witnessed....I thought the Oakland game 3 years ago was bad...hell, I thought the Oakland game 4 days ago was bad....but no...not even close...

This....this cost people their job. Its not even debatable...People are going to be losing their jobs over this.

This is Officially....Rock Bottom.

I've learned over the last 6+ years that just when you think "rock bottom" is a reality (football wise)...... things can always get worse. Trust me when I tell you that I understand your pain.

On the bright side, your team is owned by a smart guy that has very good people in key places. The Steelers are a great organization... they will come back from this... probably next year. My team, on the other hand, well................ :banging:

xfl2001fan
12-11-2009, 06:43 AM
:panic:

silver & black
12-11-2009, 06:50 AM
I'm glad you don't own the team, because that is the Dan Snyder approach, and we've all seen how well that works. :coffee:

You know where Dan Snyder learned that, don't you? :yep:

4xSBChamps
12-11-2009, 06:56 AM
Not me. The Steelers have given me so much to be grateful for in the 40+ years I've been a fan, so a sucky season here and there really doesn't upset me. I know from experience that the bad times don't last very long in the Burgh. Am I disappointed? Sure I am. Who doesn't want their team in the playoffs every season? I'm just smart enough to know that just doesn't happen in the real world.

I'm going to wake up tomorrow morning still feeling just as blessed to be a Pittsburgh Steelers fan and look forward to the draft, TC and next season. :tt02:

I agree with HTG, I'll be wearing my Stiller cap to breakfast later today..... living in Florida, I didn't get to watch 'em Stillers, and peep'd the Penguins on-line instead:
H-d-F did we lose to Cleveland?????
:doh:

Steeldude
12-11-2009, 08:26 AM
8 sacks? It's not the coaching - the team has quit on Ben.

were there any blitz routes being run by the WRs? did arians adjust accordingly?

there is a reason arians is not the OC on the browns any longer. :smile:

Drizztbob
12-11-2009, 10:37 AM
Arians blew the game plain and simple...his tired old routes with receivers running into each others lanes has been figured out by even the worst teams...I.E.: KC, Jokeland, Bungals, and now the Browns. It's pathetic.

I'd like to see more emotion and fire in Tomlin on the sidelines, but you can't put the blame on him and asking for his head is a little premature. Arians on the other hand...Alice and Wonderland his ass.

Dino 6 Rings
12-11-2009, 10:40 AM
well...once you get to the bottom...the only thing left to do is give up...or start climbing...

I've never been one to give up...so...with a big healthy sigh...

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!!!!!