PDA

View Full Version : Seattle goes public with victory parade

MDSteel
01-27-2006, 02:36 PM
FAN-TASTIC TIMES

The Seahawks have said there will be no viewing party at Qwest Field on Super Bowl Sunday, but a handful of other events are scheduled.

Kirkland's Downtown Association will host the "12th Man Fan Festival in the Park" Saturday at noon at Lakeshore Plaza in Marina Park.

Rocksport, the popular West Seattle sports bar, will hold the "12th Man Reward Challenge" in conjunction with KZOK's "The Bob Rivers Show" Saturday at 8 p.m. A panel of judges will select 11 fans to win LCD flat-screen high-definition TVs.

Qwest Field will be the site of a "Sendoff to the Super Bowl" party Sunday morning. The time is not set, though it is believed it will be between 9-10 a.m.

The Super Bowl victory parade has also been planned.

Should the Seahawks beat the Steelers, the parade would begin at the Seattle Center at noon on Feb. 7. The 2 1/2-mile parade would culminate at Qwest Field for a 30-minute program with entertainment and speakers.
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/football/257078_hrail26.html

clevestinks
01-27-2006, 02:43 PM
Super Bowl victory party in Seattle? Thats a little premature, by about 15 years!

BlackNGold203
01-27-2006, 02:50 PM
LMAO

How quick will that be posted in the Steeler locker room????

THANKS SEATTLE!!!!!!

SteelerFanInCA
01-27-2006, 03:35 PM
They could always mix the Super Bowl parade with the Gay Pride parade and kill two birds with one stone.

steelermaniac
01-27-2006, 03:37 PM
I hope it rains on their "victory parade". haha

SteelCityMan786
01-27-2006, 03:59 PM
You mean the parade when they get shunned heavily after losing.

tony hipchest
01-27-2006, 04:22 PM
its all about logistics and the city of pittsburgh will have to plan for one ahead of time too if they intend on pulling it off, if the steelers win. but the "raining on their parade" comment was pretty funny.

ZornToLargent
01-27-2006, 04:24 PM
LMAO

THANKS SEATTLE!!!!!!
You all are fools if you don't think your city is doing the exact same thing. You're welcome...espcially if you think this gives your team an advantage....it looks like you are grasping at straws. We, on the other hand are quite confident without knowing what celebrations are being planned in Pittsburgh.

ZornToLargent
01-27-2006, 04:25 PM
I hope it rains on their "victory parade". haha
The rain doesn't actually bother us....so I too am hoping for rain during OUR VICTORY PARADE!!!!! :sofunny:

Yeah!!! Go Seahawks!!!

BigNastyD
01-27-2006, 04:55 PM
You all are fools if you don't think your city is doing the exact same thing. I have seen nothing in the OKC paper about a possible parade.

ZornToLargent
01-27-2006, 06:14 PM
You all are fools if you don't think your city is doing the exact same thing. You're welcome...espcially if you think this gives your team an advantage....it looks like you are grasping at straws. We, on the other hand are quite confident without knowing what celebrations are being planned in Pittsburgh.
To the dumba$$, whiney little b*tch who gave me negative feedback for this comment...

Blow it out your a$$. Buck the f*ck up and realize I wasn't personally attacking you. The reputation points DO NOT WORK IF YOU GIVE THEM TO ALL OPPOSING TEAMS FANS.

At least have the BALLS to put your name on the negative reputation points...coward. Yes, I am calling YOU out.

tony hipchest
01-27-2006, 06:20 PM

bill cowher dont use them belichick style jedi mind tricks. they have motivation and the will to win pouring out of their ears. the steelers would scoff at the idea of using a seattle parade planning as motivation and take it as an insult.

Hammer67
01-27-2006, 06:28 PM

Clearly you don't know much about Joey Porter and if Pittsburgh was planning a parade, I am sure they would keep it quiet...

Welcome to Playoff football newbie!:sofunny:

ZornToLargent
01-27-2006, 06:33 PM
Clearly you don't know much about Joey Porter and if Pittsburgh was planning a parade, I am sure they would keep it quiet...

Welcome to Playoff football newbie!:sofunny:
My point is....none of it matters. The only thing that will matter is what happens during the 60 minutes during the SB. If the Steelers think it's an advantage that Seattle is doing that...great! But I don't see it mattering much at all.

shevdog
01-27-2006, 06:37 PM
I can't contain the laughter!!!!

My plans are set to be in the burg to celebrate the Steelers Super Bowl homecoming! It will be a joyous ride from Philly to the Burgh!

steeler47
01-27-2006, 06:52 PM
My point is....none of it matters. The only thing that will matter is what happens during the 60 minutes during the SB. If the Steelers think it's an advantage that Seattle is doing that...great! But I don't see it mattering much at all.

Look I can appreciate your enthusiasm and all...but really.All I have to say is watch the last 3 play-off games the Steelers have played.The D is blowing everyone up and #7 is a G .....well.....the next Blonde Bomber anyhow!So far he's been perfect!

The first team in NFL History to be a 6th seed ,go on the road to a hostile bungles house and woop up on the #3 seed.Then we go into a hostile and loud enviorment to play the #1 seed and NFL's poster boy and his Off. Cord. type mind. The So Called XL champs.Hell they were printing the shirt's already.WE BLEW THEM UP !!!In thier house!!!Then we go to a high altitude.Where the #2 seed bronco's team had'nt lost at home all year.An even louder crowd than Indy to boot!!And what happend.WE BLEW THEM UP!!Our point ratio in these last 3 games is mind blowing!

If you look at the QB's that your team has faced compared to what the Steelers have,well...just have fun, but try to be a little realistic!:dang:

ZornToLargent
01-27-2006, 06:59 PM
Look I can appreciate your enthusiasm and all...but really.All I have to say is watch the last 3 play-off games the Steelers have played.The D is blowing everyone up and #7 is a G .....well.....the next Blonde Bomber anyhow!So far he's been perfect!

The first team in NFL History to be a 6th seed ,go on the road to a hostile bungles house and woop up on the #3 seed.Then we go into a hostile and loud enviorment to play the #1 seed and NFL's poster boy and his Off. Cord. type mind. The So Called XL champs.Hell they were printing the shirt's already.WE BLEW THEM UP !!!In thier house!!!Then we go to a high altitude.Where the #2 seed bronco's team had'nt lost at home all year.An even louder crowd than Indy to boot!!And what happend.WE BLEW THEM UP!!Our point ratio in these last 3 games is mind blowing!

If you look at the QB's that your team has faced compared to what the Steelers have,well...just have fun, but try to be a little realistic!:dang:
I can't wait for the SB!!!!! :bouncy:

seahawksfan
01-27-2006, 10:52 PM
LMAO

THANKS SEATTLE!!!!!!

As fast as the announcement that the Steelers have planned theirs.

Hammer67
01-28-2006, 12:16 AM
Seattle has victory parade set already

Saturday, January 28, 2006
By Paul Zeise, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Seahawks and the City of Seattle apparently know the outcome of the Super Bowl already, and it isn't a good one for the Steelers.

According to a report Thursday in the Seattle Post-Intelligencer, the team already has planned its victory parade for the Tuesday after the game.

The Seahawks' victory parade is set to begin at the Seattle center at noon Feb. 7 and will culminate at Qwest Field, where a 30-minute program has been scheduled, complete with entertainment and speakers.

The Steelers have not made any plans for a victory celebration.

"No, we'll cross that bridge and worry about planning a parade if we get to that point," said team spokesman Dave Lockett.

"All of our focus and energy has just been on the game. We'll deal with what happens afterward when the game is over, but, for now, the only thing we're concentrating on is getting ready for the game."

BlitzburghRockCity
01-28-2006, 12:31 AM
Every city has to plan for the potential reality of a super bowl parade..there's alot of planning that has to go into it, including making sure there is enough law enforcement on hand. its not uncommon and both teams know their city is planning it just in case, happens every year.

but u know both teams will have this posted up in their locker rooms.

rickmastfan67
01-28-2006, 04:06 AM
Every city has to plan for the potential reality of a super bowl parade..there's alot of planning that has to go into it, including making sure there is enough law enforcement on hand. its not uncommon and both teams know their city is planning it just in case, happens every year.

but u know both teams will have this posted up in their locker rooms.

I agree that both teams will have the Seahawk's parade up in each locker room. But with the Steelers, it's just going to get us more pumped up to win it all and rain on Seattle's overconfidence. I also bet that someone is getting one ready for the Steelers, but it's not going to be released till after we win the Superbowl so it doesn't distract our own players. :peace:

tony hipchest
01-28-2006, 06:54 PM
Seattle has victory parade set already
Saturday, January 28, 2006

By Paul Zeise, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Seahawks and the City of Seattle apparently know the outcome of the Super Bowl already, and it isn't a good one for the Steelers.

According to a report Thursday in the Seattle Post-Intelligencer, the team already has planned its victory parade for the Tuesday after the game.

The Seahawks' victory parade is set to begin at the Seattle center at noon Feb. 7 and will culminate at Qwest Field, where a 30-minute program has been scheduled, complete with entertainment and speakers.

The Steelers have not made any plans for a victory celebration.

"No, we'll cross that bridge and worry about planning a parade if we get to that point," said team spokesman Dave Lockett.

"All of our focus and energy has just been on the game. We'll deal with what happens afterward when the game is over, but, for now, the only thing we're concentrating on is getting ready for the game."

BlitzburghRockCity
01-28-2006, 06:56 PM
Now THAT will definately be in the locker room, there is no doubt.

If you cant get up for the super bowl, u dont deserve to play..but Cowher is a master motivator and he will use every bit of info he can to keep us in the zone we've been in for the last 2 months.

Suitanim
01-28-2006, 08:31 PM
The Seahags should have just set up a "Super Bowl Parade", and done it this week...after all, they've never been, and may never be again.