PDA

View Full Version : Have to call the receivers out tonight

Raw Steel
12-10-2009, 10:18 PM
The Browns played man-to-man all night and the receivers couldn't get open. Of course, when we should have adjusted at halftime, we didn't.

Maybe one good thing will come out of this season. Bruce Arians will be sent packing.

Steelers>NFL
12-10-2009, 10:20 PM
The Browns played man-to-man all night and the receivers couldn't get open. Of course, when we should have adjusted at halftime, we didn't.

Maybe one good thing will come out of this season. Bruce Arians will be sent packing.
This would be the only good thing about this season if this happens.
The other maybe getting a mid round draft pick. Get a great player to help.

GodofGridiron
12-10-2009, 10:22 PM
Im gettin text messages and emails left and right..embarassing.

How in the hell do you waste 4 mins only to go 30 yrds on a key drive that would be the season ? Playcalling..playcalling.....playcalling........Br uce Arians is pathetic and anyone of you's here that continues to standby this clown is pathetic. Bruce has officially worn out his welcome. No more covering for BA.

Wow.........no postseason. Superbowl to THIS !!!!

kpm1118
12-10-2009, 10:28 PM
I agree the receivers didn't do much but I have never seen a Steeler team simply wuss out like they did tonight. They didn't even look like they wanted to be there because it was too cold. I have been a Steeler fan for 37 years and I have never seen a team like this tonight. They looked like the Colts playing outdoors in the cold. Awful!

Yes, the receivers did nothing. The O-Line was putrid as usual (Colon) must go. But, the blame lies mostly on Ben. At least half of those sacks were his fault for holding the ball too long.

What was he doing throwing to Holmes with four defendors around him? Why was Mendenhall still in the game? He did nothing. He can't get outside the tackles. He is too slow. Truly as pathetic a performance as I have ever seen on the football field. William Gay needs to be cut. If you watch some of the tape, you will see he doesn't even follow the play on runs. He doesn't like to bang.

Arians is done. The routes are simple. Plays too simple.
This sucks!!!!! Hope the Pats can get their head on straight. I hate to see a pseudo football team like the Colts win because they play pansy football.
Gods this sucks!!!!

UF-Steeler
12-10-2009, 10:31 PM
This sucks!!!!! Hope the Pats can get their head on straight. I hate to see a pseudo football team like the Colts win because they play pansy football.
Gods this sucks!!!!

:shake02:

kpm1118
12-10-2009, 10:47 PM
I agree. There was no urgency at all. What the f....!!!!! Pathetic!

iloveben7
12-10-2009, 11:54 PM
I agree the receivers didn't do much but I have never seen a Steeler team simply wuss out like they did tonight. They didn't even look like they wanted to be there because it was too cold. I have been a Steeler fan for 37 years and I have never seen a team like this tonight. They looked like the Colts playing outdoors in the cold. Awful!

Yes, the receivers did nothing. The O-Line was putrid as usual (Colon) must go. But, the blame lies mostly on Ben. At least half of those sacks were his fault for holding the ball too long.

What was he doing throwing to Holmes with four defendors around him? Why was Mendenhall still in the game? He did nothing. He can't get outside the tackles. He is too slow. Truly as pathetic a performance as I have ever seen on the football field. William Gay needs to be cut. If you watch some of the tape, you will see he doesn't even follow the play on runs. He doesn't like to bang.

Arians is done. The routes are simple. Plays too simple.
Gods this sucks!!!!

I disagree. Ben had no time tonight at all and I know he could've thrown the ball away on a few of them, but it's Ben.

And Mendenhall needs to stop thinking he's on a dance floor. He frustrates me so much

Glace
12-11-2009, 12:33 AM

Absolutely agree. As I said in another thread, the route running was horrible. The plays were just horrible and doomed from the start.

There is no way with the talent and speed we have at WR that we should not be able to march up and down the field.

Raw Steel
12-11-2009, 12:41 AM
I disagree. Ben had no time tonight at all and I know he could've thrown the ball away on a few of them, but it's Ben.

And Mendenhall needs to stop thinking he's on a dance floor. He frustrates me so much

Of his eight sacks, two were on blitzes that players came untouched (scheme), two were obvious that the line gave up. The other four were coverage sacks.

So everyone wants to kill our offensive line, but the whole offense caused those sacks.

micahn31
12-11-2009, 01:44 AM
its bruce arians fault... its 4th and 6...who calls a play with 10 and 12 yard routes?? what an idiot.... the defense was pinning thier ears back rushing the passer and dropping deep... run a freaking draw play