PDA

View Full Version : How good is Hines Ward !!!

BlitzburghRockCity
03-18-2005, 09:43 PM
The best damn WR in the league,thats how good! The guy is just the eptiomy of everything the Steelers are about!!! and everything Football should be about!

He's worthy of his own thread here on SF !!!

HinesWard4Life8682
03-18-2005, 09:47 PM
yeah like me and u were saying earlier in the draft part of the forum.

i love this guy. i know everything about him. i have porters,cards, jerseys, shirts and everything about him. Maybe ill post a picture of my room. It's full of the guy. I respect him so much. He's not like randy and terrell who draws attention to him self. he just goes out and proves himself by playing not by words. If he did talk, he can sure back it up on gameday...... but i do see his role diminishing quite a little bit ever since they started running heavy again

BlitzburghRockCity
03-18-2005, 10:41 PM
He hasnt lost touch w/ the fans, or the his teammates either.. here's a guy who came into the league, started out on special teams, then made it onto the field gradually, and before we knew it, he was catching everything in sight!

Last year, when he griped about not getting a new contract, I questioned it alittle bit. but hey, he knows he deserves more money, but he didnt sit out and cry about it. the steelers told him he'd get his deal this offseason, and im sure they'll deliver for him.

ironcitychef
03-19-2005, 12:30 AM
I'm sure like most things in business you would rather know than not know. If he could have gotten a deal done then then why not it beats waiting around. We want him, he wants to stay, so then its just numbers. But like has been said, he didnt flinch, he did everything and more. He didn't aligator arm passes across the middle cause he was afraid of jeopardizing his status. As for his role, he is our go to guy. Need a big(no scratch that), need a clutch catch, Hines is the guy. It might not be the 45 yard bomb for a score, but he will have three first down catches in our own teritory on that same drive. When we run, his job is to be the best blocking WR in the game and talk trash to all the DB's letting them know they got bullied by a WR, why would they want a piece of Jerome or Staley. Just let someone else tackle them. But for how good? I think we should name the stadium after him, oh wait...

HinesWard4Life8682
03-19-2005, 09:45 AM
yeah i kno but the most amazing thing is how he came into the league in the 4th round.... he almost never got signed

clevestinks
03-19-2005, 10:23 AM
I would take him over any receiver in the league, a little bias? Yes but he does everything blocks down field, great hands, great attitude. And he fight for evry yard, doesn`t back down to anyone. I could go on

JerseySTEEL
03-19-2005, 04:34 PM
just a lil bias hehe i woudl take him over any WR to so hehe.

HinesWard4Life8682
03-19-2005, 09:38 PM
jersey y do u always say hehe :rolleyes:

BlitzburghRockCity
03-19-2005, 11:19 PM
its kind of a half hearted girly laugh :toofunny: now if he said heh heh..thats more of a twisted evil laugh :cool:

But either way, he's gonna have to wait till closer to camp to get this deal done...after all the drafts are signed or mostly signed...that's par for the course w/ the Steelers and giving extensions.

clevestinks
03-20-2005, 06:28 PM
Yah a little bit on the net today, the Steelers said that they will get the Hines Ward deal done b4 the season. Good Deal.

HinesWard4Life8682
03-20-2005, 08:09 PM
they better... but the sad thing is hes one year away from hitting the big 3 0

Brownskikass
03-20-2005, 09:57 PM
The best damn WR in the league,thats how good! The guy is just the eptiomy of everything the Steelers are about!!! and everything Football should be about!

He's worthy of his own thread here on SF !!!

Hynes Ward = Top Five

Randy Moss and TO=best WRs in the game

TOP FIVE:

1)-Randy Moss

2)-T.O

3)-Hynes Ward/Chad Johnson

5)-Torry Holt

HinesWard4Life8682
03-20-2005, 10:04 PM
MAN plz just put hines ward with a big time QB with a passing team, steelers run the ball almost 70 percent of the time. Ok put hines with donavon like owens.

HinesWard4Life8682
03-20-2005, 10:05 PM
but randy is the better than ward, ur right about that, but this guy plays with no heart, imagine he left everything on the field like ward did

clevestinks
03-21-2005, 05:14 AM
browniesgetasskiked, at least show enough respect to spell Hines correctly. You may spell it Heinz if you would like. You`ll have to learn these things when you become a Steelers fan.

ironcitychef
03-23-2005, 12:18 AM
I just wanted to respond to putting Ward with a big time QB to get big numbers. I wouldn't want it. That isn't what makes Ward great. He is a professional. The most emotional display was when he did the Eagles flap in the endzone against Philly. He would lose that special quality if he was just a passing guy. Ward is a gutsy player. Heart on the sleeve type guy. I think if you ask him, as long as he is winning, he couldn't be happier. Getting drafted where he was I don't think he ever made it a goal to pass Jerry Rice in the record books. He just wanted to prove that he belonged.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-23-2005, 12:34 AM
I think if you ask him, as long as he is winning, he couldn't be happier. .

Damn straight.. he's said that a number of times. He just wants to win, and he wants a SB ring, for Jerome, for the city, for Cowher, the Rooneys, his team mates, and then himself.

clevestinks
03-23-2005, 04:04 AM
Ironcity chef, hit the nail on the head, His best quality is his attitude, and just wanting to win. He is a difference maker on the field. db`s better be on thier toes when he is out in front of someone with the ball.

JerseySTEEL
03-23-2005, 06:04 PM
Ward bleeds yellow and black! hes a steeler for life.

clevestinks
03-24-2005, 10:05 AM
We`ll find out soon , if he is a Steeler for life. I just don`t want him to price his way out of Pittsburgh. I know they will give him cash now, but will they keep him the whole contract for big money, Do we know what he wants???

Brownskikass
03-26-2005, 06:38 PM
browniesgetasskiked, at least show enough respect to spell Hines correctly. You may spell it Heinz if you would like. You`ll have to learn these things when you become a Steelers fan.

Steelers fan??? Not a chance in the world :D

clevestinks
03-26-2005, 08:02 PM
Thats unfortunate for you. Your team has been losers for 40+ years, with no end in site. We would welcome you to come over. You do have good football knowledge, so leave your options open.

ironcitychef
03-27-2005, 12:15 AM
Here's the thing I like. If PIT wins again, then Bill C. has ties to PIT and the area so it means more. Question just for insight, please don't take offense, but if Cleveland should win SBXXXX, would it mean as much that it took a NE coach to come in and do it as opposed to a Clevelnad linked person? I have always liked the connections PIT has with its staff and stories. Root for the local boys. Just wanted to know your thoughts.

HinesWard4Life8682
03-27-2005, 12:26 AM
1 more superbowl would give the steelers 5

tieing the cowgirls and the pathetic 49ers

JerseySTEEL
03-27-2005, 12:55 AM
ya would love a sB so no one can say what eveyr god dam person says when u say your a pitt fan" they havent wona SB in how many yera?" thats when i deck them hehe.

ironcitychef
03-27-2005, 01:21 AM
in how many years?....still less than 75% of the franchises!

JerseySTEEL
03-27-2005, 01:24 AM
ya thats what imusly say before i start bring up there teams past and then they shut up like 4 yr olds hehe.