PDA

View Full Version : at this point, is it really an upset?

hammy36
12-10-2009, 11:25 PM
the announcers keep saying it, and yeah we were favored but is it really an upset? i mean, this team seems to play down to whomever they face. i'm sick right now. if a "season's litteraly on the line" speach doesn't get you up, what does. pathetic, and as i said earlier, i'm ashamed. at this point, we're playing for pride...dear steelers, pride is defined as:

a feeling of self-respect and personal worth
satisfaction with your (or another's) achievements; "he takes pride in his son's success"
the trait of being spurred on by a dislike of falling below your standards
a group of lions (they might beat us)
be proud of; "He prides himself on making it into law school"
unreasonable and inordinate self-esteem (personified as one of the deadly sins)

please don't get me wrong, i'm not fairweather by any means...i'll still put the flag out, wear my gear, hang my terrible towel in my cube and love the guys till the end. i'm just so completely let down because i know they have the tallent.

Bus36RollsUrlacher
12-10-2009, 11:34 PM
I'm just kinda tired of Matt Millen in general. I turned off the after hearing that "If the Steelers are going to play like World Champions, now is the time to show it". We have not played like World Champions for over 4 games. Oh, and that powerhouse of football, Lindenwood (in their first NAIA Championship) this year.

hammy36
12-10-2009, 11:43 PM
I thought the EXACT SAME THING after Mr. Matt said that. That is a side point...those announcers are absolutely attrocious. Seriously, my wife and I could probably do a better job (at least we know the players names).

Nadroj 20
12-10-2009, 11:44 PM
I think its still an upset especially looking at the recent history with the Steelers dominance over the Browns. They played a good game props to them but even though weve been playing bad and continued that tonight its the Browns....thats an upset.

FacemeIke
12-10-2009, 11:46 PM
The NFL network coverage of the game was pathetic in general. They even cut away from a fumble scramble at one point. I used to remember MIllon as being a good announcer back in the day, what happened? He was worse then the guys ESPN gets to do MAC college mid week football games.

Psyychoward86
12-10-2009, 11:50 PM
no. it's not an upset

iloveben7
12-11-2009, 12:52 AM
Those announcers were horrible, half of the team you couldn't even see Ben or whoever was in the backfield. Kept saying it was 3rd down when it was only 2nd and calling Mendenhall-Mewelde? My five year old cousin could've done a better job

IMO I felt it was an upset in the sense of the rivalry and of course being the Superbowl Champs.

StainlessStill
12-11-2009, 12:54 AM
I'll answer the subject of this thread as quick and straight to the point as possible.

NO.

Vincent
12-11-2009, 12:59 AM
Do you suppose the NFL wants to rethink moving the game with the Pack to 4:15?

"5 star match up cuz we in it". Not.