PDA

View Full Version : 1998

Vincent
12-10-2009, 10:26 PM
The mods don't like this. I've said it before. I don't need to say it again. This is 1998 again. Total melt down.

Except that this time we have a $100M franchise quarterback that can't find an open receiver.

I've rooted for this team for nearly 50 years. This HC, OC, and QB are pathetic. They have wasted opportunities and talent like I've never seen.

The 1-11, now 2-11 stains owned us this evening. I put that squarely on the HC.

steel9guy
12-10-2009, 10:29 PM
every team has bad years. Tomlin and Ben are great and it's not Roethlisbergers fault.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
12-10-2009, 10:31 PM
Except that this time we have a $100M franchise quarterback that can't find an open receiver.

This HC, OC, and QB are pathetic.

You're right. Ben sucks so bad. They would be so much better if he wasn't the QB. Because he's obviously the biggest problem with the team.

BradfordTheGreat
12-10-2009, 10:33 PM
haha, so quick to criticize a qb that lead us to 2 superbowl titles already.

BlastFurnace
12-10-2009, 10:35 PM
The mods don't like this. I've said it before. I don't need to say it again. This is 1998 again. Total melt down.

I've rooted for this team for nearly 50 years. This HC, OC, and QB are pathetic. They have wasted opportunities and talent like I've never seen.

Very interesting comparison to 1998.

We won a huge game against the Jaguars at Three Rivers that year to go 7-4...we didn't win another game that year.

We won a huge game against Denver this year...we won't win another game this year.

The comparison is very valid.

The result after that season was the firing of OC Ray Sherman. What will be the fate of Arians?

supa_fly_steeler
12-10-2009, 10:35 PM
he hardly had a part to play with 2005, no doubt he's an awesome qb, but maybe not top 5.

BlastFurnace
12-10-2009, 10:38 PM
he hardly had a part to play with 2005, no doubt he's an awesome qb, but maybe not top 5.

Ben can't win the game by himself. This is an offensive problem that involves Ben...not because of Ben.

T.Richardson
12-10-2009, 10:38 PM

maybe not top 5.. but I'll take Ben over anyone right now. Im not going watch the Steeler fans ruin Ben..

BlastFurnace
12-10-2009, 10:39 PM
maybe not top 5.. but I'll take Ben over anyone right now. Im not going watch the Steeler fans ruin Ben..

You can't be serious. In a normal year, Ben is top 5. He's not playing like a top 5 QB this season.

devilsdancefloor

Then like myself i waited 25 years for a franchise QB and we finally got one. This is the exact reason bradshaw hated steeeler fans for many years afterhe hung up the cleats. To be honest with you i think the mcnutty case has gotten been by the short hairs. I dont think he would admit it, but i think it is wearing on him. Ben was Golden in the last 2 to 4 minutes of a game last year. For the life of me the defense i cant explain why we cant tackle anyone anymore. and we do not take advantage of teams when they are 3 and long as we did in the past. Just maybe we are old and thin in areas we cant afford to be. Keisel got hurt i do not know if he ever went back in. If anyone says Asmith isnt a import part of our D just take a look at the run yards tonight. The steelers d got steam rolled

SteelBaller
Didn't do shit tonight tho...Flacco found a way to score a couple against Green Bay despite the Raven's crap receivers, and Green Bay has the #1 defense. The Browns playing at home are good defensively, Steelers d gave up the run. I remember people thought the Raven's Monday night 16-0 win over the Browns was bad, they were tied 0-0 at half time. Steelers were down 13-3 at half time tonight...

steel9guy
12-10-2009, 10:41 PM
unbelievable, hating on Big Ben. I don't believe this.

Vincent
12-10-2009, 10:42 PM
haha, so quick to criticize a qb that lead us to 2 superbowl titles already.

It can be argued he lead us to a SB, and I am one of his ardent supporters.

I record and watch these games in depth. He's always played what he calls "back yard football". He has always held the ball too long and taken sacks. He isn't into the games this year (gee I don't know, what could it be?). He isn't seeing the open receivers and forcing throws to those covered by many.

At $100M, you need to be better.

Very interesting comparison to 1998.

We won a huge game against the Jaguars at Three Rivers that year to go 7-4...we didn't win another game that year.

We won a huge game against Denver this year...we won't win another game this year.

The comparison is very valid.

The result after that season was the firing of OC Ray Sherman. What will be the fate of Arians?

One can hope.

Gnutella
12-10-2009, 11:22 PM
every team has bad years. Tomlin and Ben are great and it's not Roethlisbergers fault.

Uh, this game largely was Ben's fault.

KeiselPower99
12-10-2009, 11:22 PM

I was thinking the same thing about this year being compared to 98. I think Mike Tomlin relays on his coaches like he should but needs to be more hands on also. I also compare this to 2003. Too pass happy and not enough run game.

Gnutella
12-10-2009, 11:23 PM
unbelievable, hating on Big Ben. I don't believe this.

His performance was certainly hatable tonight.