PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Officially the Worst Team in the NFL...

SteelerEmpire
12-10-2009, 11:27 PM
Who agrees with me.....lost to the Chiefs, Raiders and now the 1-11 Browns... I feel comfortable in saying the Pittsburgh Steelers are the worse team in the league... And this is no joke... I am dead serious..... If you lose to the worse, logic dictates that you are the worse.... am I wrong ??

BlastFurnace
12-10-2009, 11:28 PM
I agree with you. I agreed with you after the Raiders game.

It's time to clean house.

casteeler
12-10-2009, 11:31 PM
100% , tomlin and arians should lose theie jobs!

MACH1
12-10-2009, 11:32 PM
Nope, we still have 6 wins.

Yes, I may be in denial.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
12-10-2009, 11:33 PM

I'm never coming on here after a loss ever again. You people can be unbearable.

Hayeksheroes
12-10-2009, 11:34 PM
Steelers are the worst team in the league right now because the have regressed during the season while the other teams have progressed.

Carolina Steelers
12-10-2009, 11:35 PM
I wont quite say that but damn weve been upset 3 times this yr the biggest upset everytime we lost. 2 FG's tonight.

verks36
12-10-2009, 11:37 PM

If there is any time it should be now to be upset.

WTFFF is wrong with this team. We had a playoff birth and even though it seems like a long time ago the DIVISION in our hands for ours for the taking and we let it slip away

EMBARRASSING and UNACCEPTABLE

Dylan
12-10-2009, 11:38 PM
It's not Tomlins fault...im not a fan of arians but it is not his fault either, we are in a slump because:
1. Our special teams is horrible...if your gonna clean house, start by getting a new special teams coach and signing free agents specialzed in kickoff/punt coverage
2. Injuries: with the losses of Aaron Smith and Troy Polamalu, the steelers are a totally different team...with them our record would be very different
3. Finally it is the inconsistency: one game our defenses plays well and the offense sucks, the next week it is the offense doing well, but the defense struggles

Also, a littlw problem could be our lack of depth on defense, with these injuries, we dont have capable backups to replace them.

tony hipchest
12-10-2009, 11:40 PM
Who agrees with me.....lost to the Chiefs, Raiders and now the 1-11 Browns... I feel comfortable in saying the Pittsburgh Steelers are the worse team in the league... And this is no joke... I am dead serious..... If you lose to the worse, logic dictates that you are the worse.... am I wrong ??we have lost to 3 of the 5 worst teams in football in the past 4 weeks.

sad thing is if we faced the rams and the bucs in the next 2 weeks we would probably lose.

if we faced the saints and the colts, we would probably win. :noidea:

while we are far from the sorriest in the league, we have lost to 3 who are, theres no denying that.

on a positive note...

we beat the lions! :tt02::helmet::tt04::helmet::tt::helmet::tt03:

7SteelGal43
12-10-2009, 11:41 PM

AMEN !!!! INSUFFERABLE.

On a related note, I'd like to nominate the title of this thread as the dumbest piece of :poop: in the history of the SF site.

Nadroj 20
12-10-2009, 11:41 PM
AMEN !!!! INSUFFERABLE.

On a related note, I'd like to nominate the title of this thread as the dumbest piece of :poop: in the history of the SF site.

Ill second that motion....

SteelerEmpire
12-10-2009, 11:44 PM
I'm almost a little apprehensive about the team winning another SB because we would have to sit up the next year and go through this...

Edman
At this point, the Steelers are easily the most embarrassing team in the NFL. No pride, No passion, no heart. Just a bunch of empty-headed jackasses in black helmets. A High School Football team could beat these guys. Just pathetic.

Never before have I seen a team turn so bad so fast.

NORCALsteelersfan
It really is sad juat how bad they've been.I love the Steelers but they have been so hard to watch! maybe next year will be better?

SteelerEmpire
AMEN !!!! INSUFFERABLE.

I'd like to hear your rationale that would refute the title of this thread...

Bluedust
12-10-2009, 11:45 PM
This isn't really surprising.

Anyway, I hope this opens things up on here so we can start discussing how to fix this team instead of all the inane "BELIEVE, YOU FAIRWEATHER FANS." posts.

polamalu82
12-10-2009, 11:45 PM
I think as far as players and personnel were at the top. However, the team isn't gellin' right now for some reason. As far as being the worst PLAYING team in the NFL.........well.......can't argue against it.

fansince'76
12-10-2009, 11:46 PM

Anyway, I hope this opens things up on here so we can start discussing how to fix this team instead of all the inane "BELIEVE, YOU FAIRWEATHER FANS." posts.

As opposed to all the inane "fire and bench everybody" threads.

Hayeksheroes
12-10-2009, 11:49 PM

I am opposed to all those who support the current steelers crap ass play and defend the coaches.

HughC
12-10-2009, 11:50 PM
Perhaps the worst at over-achieving versus under-achieving, but this team is far from worst in the NFL. The good news is that means that the things that are wrong should be able to be fixed a lot quicker than the problems of the actual bottom feeders. The bad news is that if any of us live near or work with fans of other teams, tomorrow is going to be even less fun than tonight was.

fansince'76
12-10-2009, 11:53 PM
I am opposed to all those who support the current steelers crap ass play and defend the coaches.

Yeah, firing the entire staff and cutting half the team should do the trick.

Steelers
12-10-2009, 11:58 PM
If Pittsburgh's the worst and Minnesota lost to Pittsburgh, then...

steelerchad
12-10-2009, 11:58 PM
Come on. This season is just one of those things. Last season was magical and this season is well ..............Blah!

We'll be back, we always are. Now let's ruin the Pack, Rats, and Dolphins seasons too. Especially the Rats.

SteelerEmpire
12-10-2009, 11:59 PM
If Pittsburgh's the worst and Minnesota lost to Pittsburgh, then...

Ha ha.... the past, the past....

Steelerroy
12-11-2009, 12:01 AM
We are an exremely talented team but just not playing like one.Who knows what's up but personally I think we're just paying back the football gods for last year.

TroysBadDawg
12-11-2009, 12:02 AM
I am surprised by reading the the posts to who are the real steeler fans. My Browns have been crappy for how long now? Your team has a bad season and some are ready to fire everybody, HEy that is our thing not yours. I wa once told by a former coach any team can beat any team on any given day, if things work in thier favor. The steelers have lost working for them in the past and now the worm has maybe turned this season? But to be tearing your team like this is not what I expected over here. Now why in the heck am I trying to bring some sense to some of you????

My team finally won for the first time since my son the Junior was in the 5th grade and your haveing a puppy over it. Remember it is only a game and like us Browns fan appear to always say "Just wait til next year."

The Browns used to own the Steelers then the steelers owned the Browns maybe we have another change coming....nah it was just one of those things.

But both team played .... well a mediocre game?

Fire Haley
12-11-2009, 12:02 AM
The locker room is split, Ben lost it. It's almost like they wanted him to lose.

MaidenIndiana
12-11-2009, 12:12 AM

Are you serious?? I think it's time you put the water bong down. Seriously it's messing with your head

Stang909
12-11-2009, 12:12 AM
First of all we are not the worst team in the league. However, we are playing like the worst team in the league. So on that note, issues to address:

1. Special teams. Who knows what will fix this. A new special teams coach maybe, but remember it still comes down to who is on the field making the plays. Obviously the guys out there are not making plays.

2. Injuries. No way to fix this but with rest. Football is a collision sport and people are going to get injured. However, I say the Rooney's implement a rule that no Steeler is ever allowed to be on a Madden Cover ever again.

3. Offensive Line. Some games they are good but more often than not they don't play well.

4. Secondary. No doubt secondary play is different with Troy but we need some help on the corners.

5. Play together as a team. Obviously this locker room is divided. No way to fix that this year, this needs to be done in the offseason and in camp next year.

Super Fan
12-11-2009, 12:22 AM
There is no bigger Steeler fan then me but you have to admit something is wrong with this team.........We beat the Chargers and Broncos and lose to the Chiefs, Brown, and Raiders...That should not happen...........

7SteelGal43
12-11-2009, 12:25 AM

:applaudit::applaudit::applaudit:

madtowndrunkard
12-11-2009, 12:26 AM
It's not Tomlins fault...im not a fan of arians but it is not his fault either, we are in a slump because:
1. Our special teams is horrible...if your gonna clean house, start by getting a new special teams coach and signing free agents specialzed in kickoff/punt coverage
2. Injuries: with the losses of Aaron Smith and Troy Polamalu, the steelers are a totally different team...with them our record would be very different
3. Finally it is the inconsistency: one game our defenses plays well and the offense sucks, the next week it is the offense doing well, but the defense struggles

Also, a littlw problem could be our lack of depth on defense, with these injuries, we dont have capable backups to replace them.

If its not Tomlin's fault then who the @#$^ is the head coach? You are delusional. This is under achievement on epic proportions. If you think we lost to the 1-11 browns because Smith and Troy were out then you don't have a clue.

Steeler
12-11-2009, 12:30 AM

Didn't you see our team quit out there tonight, in prime time against the F'n Browns?? They quit and that isn't the Steelers I know. Be honest with yourself. Tomlin has lost this team and the team does not believe in the head coach. 6-10 here we come.

Steeler
12-11-2009, 12:38 AM
We should all just be happy we won a Super Bowl last year. We should all be thankful we have won six SB's. NO F that shit!! You be happy. You be content. I'm sick of that loser attitude!! We are the worst team in the NFL period. If you can't admit that, you aren't watching the same games I have been.

Super Fan
12-11-2009, 12:40 AM
I think Tomlin treats this team like a college team and you can't do that.....I truly believe they have lost resspect for him........

7SteelGal43
12-11-2009, 12:51 AM

If I ever lose my BELIEVE, may I cease to be a Steeler fan, cause I wouldn't be worthy. :tt03:

7SteelGal43
12-11-2009, 12:58 AM
I'd like to hear your rationale that would refute the title of this thread...

You want rationale ? You got it.

Our record isn't 2 and 11. It isn't 3 and 9. It isn't even 5 and 7. Not to mention, I can name three teams off the top of my head that wish like hell that the STEELERS were not on their schedule in the upcoming weeks.

Steeler
12-11-2009, 01:01 AM

Our record isn't 2 and 11. It isn't 3 and 9. It isn't even 5 and 7. Not to mention, I can name three teams off the top of my head that wish like hell that the STEELERS were not on their schedule in the upcoming weeks.

The question isn't "do the Steelers have the worst record in the NFL". Is it?

iloveben7
12-11-2009, 01:03 AM
We are from the worst team in the NFL

iloveben7
12-11-2009, 01:05 AM
The locker room is split, Ben lost it. It's almost like they wanted him to lose.

yeah you're right. Ben, all by himself, lost the game for us. Let's bench him and bring back Kordell and Maddox

If anything, Ben showed how tough he was tonight. I don't any other QB that would continue to go back out there and be tough after being sacked 8 times.

7SteelGal43
12-11-2009, 01:07 AM
The question isn't "do the Steelers have the worst record in the NFL". Is it?

noob says what ? :bringit:

Mr. Dô
12-11-2009, 02:25 AM

please tell us who they are.

because I can tell you 3 teams that would love to face the Steelers in the upcoming weeks

Ravens, Packers, and Dolphins

Preacher
12-11-2009, 03:32 AM
I think Tomlin treats this team like a college team and you can't do that.....I truly believe they have lost resspect for him........

:huh:

That simply makes no sense at all.

vasteeler
12-11-2009, 06:55 AM
some of you get it
the rest are dolts:doh:

4xSBChamps
12-11-2009, 07:04 AM
I didn't see the game last night against the Browns, but have seen 5 of the previous loses (both Cincy, Chicago, KC & Balto) on TV:
I live in central Floriduh, and get a steady diet of the Yuccaneers, so trust me, you Stiller fans don't know ANYTHING about being 'the Worst Team in the NFL'

PalmerSteel
12-11-2009, 07:13 AM
with the long losing streak and who we have lost to, i dont see how anyone could THINK ANYTHING DIFFERENT THAN RIGHT NOW, YES WE ARE PLAYING LIKE THE WORST TEAM IN THE NFL.

stlrtruck
12-11-2009, 09:28 AM
I'm sorry but this is a BS thread!

We are not the worse team in the NFL. Have we had a bad year? YES, and these last 5 games have been disgraceful. But having a losing streak against pathetic teams doesn't make us the worst team in the league. While it sucks that people only want to talk football with me after a Steelers loss, it doesn't make us the worst.

We've had a bad year! PERIOD! And while I start every pre-season off with thoughts of the next Super Bowl Championship coming to Pittsburgh - sometimes the reality of it not happening falls in to place. That happened last year, but this team has a different reputation and I believe they will return to form next season!

If you're that unhappy with the storied franchise that is the Steelers then please feel free to jump off the bandwagon any time, I'm sure it will be slowing down very soon!

revefsreleets
12-11-2009, 09:35 AM
Without reading through all of this, are people actually denying that we are, RIGHT NOW, currently one of the 3 worst teams in the NFL?

I THINK we could beat the Rams. I'm not sure about Detroit. TB would give us a good game. And we just lost to the rest of the bottom-of-the-barrel NFL franchises.

Steelercrazy
12-11-2009, 09:51 AM
I wont quite say that but damn weve been upset 3 times this yr the biggest upset everytime we lost. 2 FG's tonight.

I think we've been upset 7 times. We should have won every game that we lost. There's no way we should have lost any of those games. We should be 12-0. It would be one thing if we were completely annihilated in a game, but that never happened.

I think something very fishy is going on. There's no way they're that bad!:banging:

Steelercrazy
12-11-2009, 09:53 AM
please tell us who they are.

because I can tell you 3 teams that would love to face the Steelers in the upcoming weeks

Ravens, Packers, and Dolphins

Yea, and the Lions, Buccaneers and Rams would love to play them, too.:banging::banging:

steelpride12
12-11-2009, 09:56 AM
Well not going to say we are the worst team in the league overall, but these last 5 weeks yes we have been and there is no way around it.
We have always struggled against bad teams and it will never go away I wish we played the Saints, Colts, Pats, and Cowboys so we would win out.

SteelerEmpire
12-11-2009, 10:04 AM
I think we've been upset 7 times. We should have won every game that we lost. There's no way we should have lost any of those games. We should be 12-0. It would be one thing if we were completely annihilated in a game, but that never happened.

I think something very fishy is going on. There's no way they're that bad!:banging:

Yea... SOMETHING'S not right......seriously.... It's almost as if "something" sinister is going on... never would have expected anything like how this team is appearing out there in that field...

xfl2001fan
12-11-2009, 10:05 AM
Yes, the worst team by far. and your 6 rings mean nothign. Ownership, FO, players all need to go. Just trade them all away for the Browns ogranization.

[/sarcasm]

steelax04
12-11-2009, 10:23 AM
Hopefully Tomlin takes this skid as a learning experience and can learn from it and improve himself as a coach. To fail at getting your team up for a do-or-die game against a division opponent is not a good sign at all.

The players have lost faith in something, and what that something is, we will probably never truly know. I think that having such high expectations year in and year out can make confidence fragile and that confidence was shattered at KC.

Obviously, every team 'says' they expect to make it to the Super Bowl... but then they have their serious expectation of themselves (rebuilding, reaching playoffs, being in the hunt, etc). This year's Steeler team had all of the same pieces from last year and I think they all truly believed they would run the table for a repeat. A couple of chips out of the confidence and it crumbled quickly.

So while I think Tomlin has failed in the past few weeks, I think taking such a hard fall is going to be a great learning experience and we can still realistically expect excellence from our Steelers every year.

Steeler
12-11-2009, 10:27 AM
noob says what ? :bringit:

So if you canít argue the point you just call me a name. You must be a liberal.

SteelCityMom
12-11-2009, 11:02 AM
Yes, the worst team by far. and your 6 rings mean nothign. Ownership, FO, players all need to go. Just trade them all away for the Browns ogranization.

[/sarcasm]

Better yet, we should just let the Pirates FO run the Steelers....they know how to turn around a bad season! :chuckle:

The_WARDen
12-11-2009, 11:04 AM
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Another funny thread! This is great stuff. Keep up the good work!

:rofl:

Mr. Dô
12-11-2009, 11:33 AM
Without reading through all of this, are people actually denying that we are, RIGHT NOW, currently one of the 3 worst teams in the NFL?

I THINK we could beat the Rams. I'm not sure about Detroit. TB would give us a good game. And we just lost to the rest of the bottom-of-the-barrel NFL franchises.

Yea, and the Lions, Buccaneers and Rams would love to play them, too.:banging::banging:

um you guys played and beat the Lions already lol

Nadroj 20
12-11-2009, 11:41 AM

They mean at this point in the season they dont think we could beat the Lions.

xfl2001fan
12-11-2009, 11:47 AM
Better yet, we should just let the Pirates FO run the Steelers....they know how to turn around a bad season! :chuckle:

There ya go...here's what we'll do...we'll trade both football and baseball organizations.

You can have the Indians and the Browns FO/Ownership...and we'll take the Pirates/Steelers FO/Ownership. This way, you at least improve on the baseball front.

4xSBChamps
12-11-2009, 11:51 AM
There ya go...here's what we'll do...we'll trade both football and baseball organizations.

You can have the Indians and the Browns FO/Ownership...and we'll take the Pirates/Steelers FO/Ownership.

screw-dat, Grand-pa..... we'll GIVE you the Pirates, and only ask for 1/2 roll of tape, a 2-liter of Diet Pepsi, and a pair of kicking-tees in-return:
don't even think about asking for the Penguins

Steelercrazy
12-11-2009, 12:34 PM

...but the Lions could use another win. I'm just talking hypothetically here................LOL!!!

FacemeIke
12-11-2009, 12:40 PM
Who cares, there are super bowl teams, playoff teams and non-playoff teams. We are not making the playoffs, and thats all that really matters.

7SteelGal43
12-11-2009, 12:55 PM
So if you can’t argue the point you just call me a name. You must be a liberal.

Ask anyone on this board if I'm a liberal. And next time, don't make assumptions, noob.

And all this bitchin and moanin......we're still the team with six. Quit hatin' on the team you claim to love.

bucki
12-11-2009, 01:30 PM
yeah you're right. Ben, all by himself, lost the game for us. Let's bench him and bring back Kordell and Maddox

If anything, Ben showed how tough he was tonight. I don't any other QB that would continue to go back out there and be tough after being sacked 8 times.

The two QB's mentioned are complete morons. If you love big ben so much call him and tell him how to get out of the pocket and throw away the ball.
Really it isnt him. Our defense and special teams this year are atrocious. I have not seen a steeler team play like this since the mid 60's. OMG it hurts my sack to even attempt to watch them play any more. :drink:

SteelerEmpire
12-11-2009, 05:17 PM
The two QB's mentioned are complete morons. If you love big ben so much call him and tell him how to get out of the pocket and throw away the ball.
Really it isnt him. Our defense and special teams this year are atrocious. I have not seen a steeler team play like this since the mid 60's. OMG it hurts my sack to even attempt to watch them play any more. :drink:

Yea. I went to the local VA Hospital today and heard about 3 different conversations about how the Steelers went out like shooting stars this year... The Steeler fans, on top of being passionate, were all saying the team will be back, they and I were "still " representing the Steelers well. There were more Steelers flags, banners, etc... on display around town today than any other day I've seen in a while...
One thing is for certain, there are "shock waves" going on through the entire Steeler Nation...

Preacher
12-11-2009, 05:20 PM

I just LOVE all these overblown comments.

PEOPLE. 2003 and 2006. How about 1997 after the blown thanksgiving day OT coin toss call?

Jeez, you would think that we have been completely dominating for 40 years with nary a problem.

xfl2001fan
12-11-2009, 05:22 PM
screw-dat, Grand-pa..... we'll GIVE you the Pirates, and only ask for 1/2 roll of tape, a 2-liter of Diet Pepsi, and a pair of kicking-tees in-return:
don't even think about asking for the Penguins

I figured you'd keep your Penguins and we'd keep our Cavs...(I'm more of a basketball fan anyways)

Sorry, but you're asking too much for the Pirates. I might be able to pull off the roll of duct tape (minus the tape itself) and a 2 liter of Diet RC Cola...but not much more.

4xSBChamps
12-11-2009, 09:48 PM

going 5-11 in 1988 ring a bell?

not getting a 1st down until the 3rd quarter against New England that year qualify?

iloveben7
12-14-2009, 01:05 PM

great 1st post and I see you haven't been back.
Do you remember 2006 when we went 8-8 after the Superbowl? Or even 2003?

smokin3000gt
12-14-2009, 01:52 PM
Who agrees with me.....lost to the Chiefs, Raiders and now the 1-11 Browns... I feel comfortable in saying the Pittsburgh Steelers are the worse team in the league... And this is no joke... I am dead serious..... If you lose to the worse, logic dictates that you are the worse.... am I wrong ??

Yes you are wrong. It is an opinion and nothing about it is official unless you are head of the 'Pick the worst team in the leaque' department at NFL head quarters.

SteelerEmpire
12-14-2009, 07:51 PM
Ha Ha... come on now.... the Steelers are the worse team... The Chiefs, Raiders and the Browns are standing on the team's neck...

SteelerEmpire
12-14-2009, 07:53 PM
smokin3000gt is just really nice

Default Re: Steelers Officially the Worst Team in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerEmpire View Post
------------------
Yes you are wrong. It is an opinion and nothing about it is official unless you are head of the 'Pick the worst team in the leaque' department at NFL head quarters.
-----------------
Ha Ha... come on now.... the Steelers are the worse team... The Chiefs, Raiders and the Browns are standing on their necks...

HowBoutThemSteelers
12-14-2009, 07:55 PM
Worst Luck maybe but not worst team............ and the Raiders would be vying for a playoff spot had Cable has sense and benched Russell at the begining of the season. Steelers shouldve won but the Raiders are better than that record serves them.

UltimateBengal
12-14-2009, 09:12 PM
Worst Luck maybe but not worst team............ and the Raiders would be vying for a playoff spot had Cable has sense and benched Russell at the begining of the season. Steelers shouldve won but the Raiders are better than that record serves them.

How do you expect Cable to focus 100% on his team, when he has to make time to beat on women and coaches!:doh:

devilsdancefloor
12-14-2009, 09:35 PM
http://i48.tinypic.com/14cabtw.jpg

You cant be serious ok yeah you can!Hines & ben are not the only ones embarrassed and disappointed. i am both for being part of steeler nation if this is how the nation acts on a down year. I always thought this fan base was above all the bullshit you hear about iggles fans are about. Well i was SOOOO wrong. We might not be playing well BUT we are not even near the worst effing franchise in the league. The team isnt the only ones who have "lost" their identity so has this fan base you all SUCK. you do not want to discuss anything you want to throw a tantrum like a spoiled ass 3 year old. We will be back on top next year i have NO doubts about it! :tt04: