PDA

View Full Version : What happens now?

Jaquila
12-10-2009, 11:32 PM
im not feeling angry or anything. The only thing i think about now is, what happens now?

How will this team do in the last 3 games, will we try to redeem us selves as much as we can or will we complete the season with a 8 games losing streak?

and what about offseason?
Will heads roll? Arians? secondary? o-line? o-line coach? ST coordinater? or will we just try another season with the same team and staff?

who and what will we draft now and will we actually see him/them from start in the next season or will he be put in the shadows as we done mostly in their first year?

I got a feeling that something is gonna happen, what do you think.

Anyway BAD season, but its time to look forward now:thumbsup:

Steelerfreak58
12-10-2009, 11:34 PM
Who knows? Right now I am just so sick thinking about going from 6-2 to 6-7 and losing to some of the worst teams in the league that I can't even begin to think about what our off season is going to look like all I know is that its going to be one hell of a long one.

NEPAsteeler
12-10-2009, 11:34 PM
The only thing I know is that even though this isn't our season, I am still damn proud to be a Pittsburgh Steelers fan! :tt03:

I do firmly believe that SOMETHING needs to be done though. I just wish I knew what exactly.

casteeler
12-10-2009, 11:35 PM
tomlin gone!!!!!! his inability to adjust exposes him as a BAD coach plus arians calls the worst calls at the worst times

Jaquila
12-10-2009, 11:36 PM
I cant imagine us fire Tomlin and dont think we should but you never know=)

MACH1
12-10-2009, 11:36 PM
tomlin gone!!!!!! his inability to adjust exposes him as a BAD coach plus arians calls the worst calls at the worst times

Tomlins not going anywhere anytime soon!

NEPAsteeler
12-10-2009, 11:37 PM
I don't think firing Tomlin is going to do anything. Arians, maybe. :noidea: :chuckle:

Nadroj 20
12-10-2009, 11:37 PM

Sure fire Tomlin that solves everything :rolleyes:

NEPAsteeler
12-10-2009, 11:39 PM
Hmm... let's see... Fire the entire coaching staff. Cut the entire team. That'll solve EVERYTHING. :thumbsup: :rofl:

supa_fly_steeler
is ronaldo mcclain available in the draft? i hope we can get a good pick worth the value.

Bobby_Walden
Tomlin won't be fired. I predict they will do nothing.

Ben likes Arians. No discipline. He'll stay. Ben likes to chuck it up.

Jaquila
12-10-2009, 11:40 PM
I kinda hope Arians gets fired, not because I hate the guy, but to freshing things up a little.

Right now the only Staff i wont see us fire actually is Tomlin and lebaugh

ricksteelers55
12-10-2009, 11:41 PM
believe it or not we still have some realistic chances to make the playoffs

Baltimore 6-6 still has to play Detroit(W) Chicago(need them to lose to the bears),Steelers(L) and Oakland(W) 8-8
Jax 7-5 still has to play Miami(need the dolphins to win this one),colts(L),patriots(L) and browns(W) 8-8
Miami 6-6 still has to play Jax(need them to beat the Jags),TEN(L),HOU(W),Steelers(L) 8-8

by beating them + packers we move to 9-7 and clinche the 6th place of AFC North

i think it is more than possible but we need to favors...1)Bears have to beat Bal 2)Dolphins have to beat Jax this sunday

i will still believe till it's officially over

casteeler
just watch tomlin after that failed 4th he looked like he dropped his gum on the ground ...... like saying" oh well"

Shoes
what happens now

Maybe we'll win next week :chuckle:

Jaquila
12-10-2009, 11:42 PM

Baltimore 6-6 still has to play Detroit(W) Chicago(need them to lose to the bears),Steelers(L) and Oakland(W) 8-8
Jax 7-5 still has to play Miami(need the dolphins to win this one),colts(L),patriots(L) and browns(W) 8-8
Miami 6-6 still has to play Jax(need them to beat the Jags),TEN(L),HOU(W),Steelers(L) 8-8

i think it is more than possible but we need to favors...1)Bears have to beat Bal 2)Dolphins have to beat Jax this sunday

I hope that aswell, but watching these guys fall to KC,OAK and Brownies isnt giving me much hope lol

ricksteelers55
12-10-2009, 11:44 PM
Great...now after all the glory Tomlin will see what Steelers fans are like when they dont win pretty much the what have you done for me lately medecine right ?

what's next ? I guess some people will ask Tomlin to be fired and will want Coach Cowher back....typically Rooneys type of move yeah....they have more class than that

SteeleReign
12-10-2009, 11:44 PM
Tomlin is at a loss too...he has tried to motivate this team, but it has failed. He has NO idea how to reach this team. Quick and decisive action must be taken...heads MUST roll...there's no other way to reach them...

MACH1
12-10-2009, 11:47 PM
Hmm... let's see... Fire the entire coaching staff. Cut the entire team. That'll solve EVERYTHING. :thumbsup: :rofl:

Well, we wouldnt be any worse off than the clowns. Oh wait. :doh:

Edman
12-10-2009, 11:47 PM
Tomlin isn't going anywhere.

Arians though can't get out of Pittsburgh fast enough. He can take Bob Ligashevsky with him.

Steelerroy
12-10-2009, 11:48 PM
Like someone said I think we're stuck with Arians but if I had my way i'd-

put Troy on IR,season is pretty much over and I'd rather get him healthy for next year

FIRE ARIANS,I'd put him in front of an actual firing squad if I could!!

fire the O-line coach,I believe we have some talent there but need a better coaching

go back to using a fullback and put more faith in Mendy

draft tackle high!! and slide colon over to guard where I think he would dominate

and that's just for starters on a long list of issues

Bluedust
12-10-2009, 11:49 PM
im not feeling angry or anything. The only thing i think about now is, what happens now?

How will this team do in the last 3 games, will we try to redeem us selves as much as we can or will we complete the season with a 8 games losing streak?

Will heads roll? Arians? secondary? o-line? o-line coach? ST coordinater? or will we just try another season with the same team and staff?

who and what will we draft now and will we actually see him/them from start in the next season or will he be put in the shadows as we done mostly in their first year?

We look to the offseason. We need solutions for Aaron Smith and Troy Polamalu if they're out again next year, those two things and new CBs.

I'd still throw out most of the coaching staff, not that they really deserve it, but the way this team is playing things need swept, and Tomlin finally needs his own full crew.

RavensFan52
What happens now is the Steelers better show up for their last three games.

AND hope that the Ravens finish 8-8 as well as the Jags. I also wont count Miami out.

I dont see the Ravens losing to DET, or CHI at home the game at PIT will be tough the game that scares me is going to the Bay area for the last game.

Back to the Steelers.

They need to execute plays. They have the talent on both sides of the ball.

psusteelers4life
I know we need a lot of help for the playoffs, but if we arent even a thought for them here in this season I think they should keep Troy on the sidelines let his knee heal fully and dont risk further injury playing him in these last few games. I hope our boys play with some pride for the jersey they are fortunate to wear and for the organization the rest of the year.

VegasStlrFan

Dude puff, puff, pass.... Seriously I love the optimism, but honestly we lost to 3 of the worst teams in the NFL (its over Johnny.) Would you want to see them play the top 3. Take our lumps, make the some adjustments, and prepare for next year.

Jaquila
12-10-2009, 11:50 PM
okay I think we can come to the conclusion that we dont want Tomlin to get fired andonly some "strange" wants him fired=) so lets just cross that one off the list haha

Preacher
12-10-2009, 11:50 PM
This thread is hilarious.

You would think that people on this board actually suffered a PERSONAL loss tonight.

As for the rest of the season, I say play Sweed, Hood, Legursky, etc. and get some people some reps for next year.

We gotta see if we can fish or cut bait with Sweed. Let him know he has 3 games to prove it either way.

Vincent
12-10-2009, 11:51 PM
We can always punt.

BlastFurnace
12-10-2009, 11:52 PM

Oh my gosh.......

BlastFurnace
12-10-2009, 11:54 PM

You would think that people on this board actually suffered a PERSONAL loss tonight.

As for the rest of the season, I say play Sweed, Hood, Legursky, etc. and get some people some reps for next year.

We gotta see if we can fish or cut bait with Sweed. Let him know he has 3 games to prove it either way.

I agree with you, but I'll take it a step further. Sweed starts the rest of the year. I still think he can play. He needs to get on the field though.

GodofGridiron
12-10-2009, 11:54 PM
Tryin to find a silver lining in this hell hole. But i think perhaps that the loss of Troy most of this season exposed some things on the team. Exposure of glaring weaknesses that really need attention and im confident the front office will, in conjunction with the head coach shore up or make necessary changes.

One thing we ALL KNOW. It cannot be overstated enough just how important one single player is to this team..that one player is #43. Undefeated this season when he starts and plays a full game.

stillers4me
12-10-2009, 11:57 PM

Live with Bengals fans and it starts to feel personal. I'd be disappointed but not sick to my stomach if I lived in Pittsburgh.

And if we keep losing games, we won't be able to afford our first round draft pick.

devilsdancefloor
12-10-2009, 11:57 PM

http://i47.tinypic.com/2vnnv34.jpg

Steelerroy
12-10-2009, 11:58 PM

Sadly that is how I feel.I take these losses way to hard:crying01: ruins my week.No football talk on radio or tv for me till Sunday.Thank God as Steeler fans we don't feel sadness to often.

FacemeIke
12-11-2009, 12:00 AM
I said this in another thread, but I dont see where on the field we improve at other then getting reserves more reps. I see our starters next year basically being the same 22 who started this year for us (minus Hampton who might be a FA?). We need to get our reserves on D some field experience in case they need to step in next year, but none of them will start next year. And, we can give Sweed all the reps he want, but he will still be the #4 next year so it really doesnt solve anything. THeres no way he moves above Wallace.

Where we make strides though is on the sidelines. There are a few coaches that will be gone and I hope Arians is one of them. We should be seeing more production out of the talent we have on this team

Shoes
12-11-2009, 12:02 AM
We can always punt.

......and we do have a punter who can tackle :chuckle:

Steeler
12-11-2009, 12:07 AM
Tomlin "I choose to fight"

Tomlin "We will unleash hell in December"

I don't think this guy can coach.

I think Tony Dungy is out there.

I know, I know. Tomlins not going anywhere. The Rooneys have more class than that. What are you an idiot? Just fire everyone that will work. He won us a SB!!

Just like global warming I guess. The debat is over. Don't even mention it anymore. This team is the worst in the NFL right now. THE WORST TEAM IN THE NFL. I have never seen a Steelers team quit like this in my life, EVER!! We made the Browns and the Raiders look good. The Browns people. It starts at the top.

Bluedust
12-11-2009, 12:11 AM
Tomlin "I choose to fight"

Tomlin "We will unleash hell in December"

I don't think this guy can coach.

I think Tony Dungy is out there.

I know, I know. Tomlins not going anywhere. The Rooneys have more class than that. What are you an idiot? Just fire everyone that will work. He won us a SB!!

Just like global warming I guess. The debat is over. Don't even mention it anymore. This team is the worst in the NFL right now. THE WORST TEAM IN THE NFL. I have never seen a Steelers team quit like this in my life, EVER!! We made the Browns and the Raiders look good. The Browns people. It starts at the top.

Hahah, the ignorance is astounding.

MaidenIndiana
12-11-2009, 12:22 AM
I'll tell you what happens now. I'll have to listen to all the Colts fans around me talk shit

stillers4me
12-11-2009, 12:24 AM
I'll tell you what happens now. I'll have to listen to all the Colts fans around me talk shit

At least they don't yell "Who Dey" in your face. And at least the Colts are for real this year.

eafratitpm3
12-11-2009, 12:28 AM
If I was Tomlin I wouldn't even have another practice. I think these guys can play this bad without practicing? who's with me.

FacemeIke
12-11-2009, 12:31 AM

At least you're in New Castle. I live in Indy, its not going to be pretty for us if the Colts win the SB

MaidenIndiana
12-11-2009, 12:35 AM
At least you're in New Castle. I live in Indy, its not going to be pretty for us if the Colts win the SB
You're right. If you live in Indy you'll get it twice as bad as me. I feel for you

BoltWalt
12-11-2009, 06:08 AM
At least you're in New Castle. I live in Indy, its not going to be pretty for us if the Colts win the SBDon't worry the Colts will not make it past the Chargers.:thumbsup:

BoltWalt
12-11-2009, 06:23 AM
I'll tell you what happens now. I'll have to listen to all the Colts fans around me talk shitAsk them how they feel about facing the Chargers in the playoffs? Dungy said at ass end of Football Night in America Sunday Night that the last team the Colts want to face in the Playoffs is the Chargers because the Chargers match up very well against them.

No matter how bad you feel remember the six Lombardi Trophies and six rings you have. Would the seasons be as much fun if you won every year? Some of us are still waiting for one Lombardi Trophey...

SteelerCRO
12-11-2009, 06:53 AM
Pretty disappointing season for us! I think we should move on and don't even think about playoffs this season. There is time for changes, and i think we would be better if we lose almost every game to the end of the season and get better position on the draft. IMO we should give Dixon and other youngsters a chance to play rest of the games, and leave Troy out for the season so he gets really prepared for next.
We should seriously improve in special teams. I think we might be the only team that doesn't score from kickoff and punt returns, and yet we allow bunch of those. Our CB's can't even catch and 0 INT is beyond awful. Arians should be fired as play calling sucks whole season long. And yeah i forgot we need to get a kicker that doesn't miss stupid FG's and who can tackle.
Our guys should focus for next season and if that means losing every single game to the end of the season so be it. Go Steelers!:tt04:

geo123
12-11-2009, 08:21 AM
This team needs a lot of fixin'. Ben needs to get rid of the ball faster, the O line needs to protect better, D line needs to get more pressure, LBs and secondary need to cover better, and Special teams...well I don't even know where to begin.
There's a lot of people saying they miss TP. Sure his presence is missed, but it's no excuse for losses to KC, OAK, and CLEV.

Texasteel
12-11-2009, 08:28 AM
At least they don't yell "Who Dey" in your face. And at least the Colts are for real this year.

When they yell "Who Dey", tell them the Saints.

The_WARDen
12-11-2009, 08:30 AM
What happens now is that they play for "pride" and win out...thus blowing a high draft pick for the priviledge of finishing 9-7.

CargoJon
12-11-2009, 08:36 AM
We start prepping for next year. Get rid of Arians, let Ben sit, give Dixon some more playing time. IR Troy and start having auditions in the defensive backfield for those who really want to be here next year.

Draft OL, DL, and CB's in the draft.

Do not pass go, do not collect $200.

Texasteel
12-11-2009, 08:37 AM

I would hope we finish the year strong. Then every everyone take a 2 week vacation to settle down. Then when they come back take a hard look at what happened and start to lay out their plan for the future. If that plan includes letting someone go, I hope they do it quickly and not of draging their feet.

Texasteel
12-11-2009, 08:40 AM
What happens now is that they play for "pride" and win out...thus blowing a high draft pick for the priviledge of finishing 9-7.

I hope they do win out. I don't want to see the Steelers loss for any reason.

Shellshock
12-11-2009, 08:44 AM
We plan for the 2010 season then watch the Redskins and Cowboys get all the good free agents in a non-capped year.

Fire Haley
12-11-2009, 08:45 AM
Like I said before, the next meaningful Steelers news will be from a courtroom in Nevada.

If they don't care, neither do I.

WindyCitySteelerFan
12-11-2009, 08:51 AM
What happens now? Well, I start saving my typical $50 a weekend from going to the sports bar. I might buy something fun, that won't disappoint me (LOL)

They'll get their crap together next year... Til then....

Anyone want Ravens @ Steelers tickets? Lemme know. .. I'm not freezing to death to watch that happen again

plenewken
12-11-2009, 08:58 AM
What happens now? Well, I start saving my typical $50 a weekend from going to the sports bar. I might buy something fun, that won't disappoint me (LOL)

They'll get their crap together next year... Til then....

Anyone want Ravens @ Steelers tickets? Lemme know. .. I'm not freezing to death to watch that happen again

At face value. Not worth a penny more than that. Let me know
plenewken@yahoo.com

AllD
12-11-2009, 09:08 AM
At least we don't have to figure out how we can trade up in the draft. The team just quit as something unknown is going on in the locker room.

Soon to be gone is the OC, STs coach, secondary coach, and the players associated with the end of season humiliation.

We need in the draft a new center, CBs, safties, and back to the OL. The skill players are fine, just the others around them are not executing.

The Browns..???? the BROWNS!???OMG I should go buy a scratch-off.

SteelJerros
12-11-2009, 09:17 AM
Hmmm, just a thought but how about fire Arians and get Charlie Wiess. See if he can get our offense going? This year is a clear case of getting caught up in the hype. Seems they have been so preoccupied with last year's SB win and forgot all about this year. But with that said, theres no excuse for us to EVER lose to 3 bottom feeders. Thats just ridiculous.

tmacsteelerfan
12-11-2009, 09:31 AM
Get rid of Arians, fix our special teams problems, draft a defensive back and a tackle high, try to get something done in free agency which i doubt we do. Back to the drawing board for us.... and then the Super Bowl:banana:

WindyCitySteelerFan
12-11-2009, 09:39 AM
At face value. Not worth a penny more than that. Let me know
plenewken@yahoo.com

They're Steeler tickets, will always be valuable..

Unless this continues into the years to come... good lord...

plenewken
12-11-2009, 09:41 AM
They're Steeler tickets, will always be valuable..

Unless this continues into the years to come... good lord...

That's fine, make money with someone else. I'll go see the Penguins.

steelpride12
12-11-2009, 10:11 AM
Well I hope the Steelers continue to want to win and enter these last few games confident and ready to win out. I still have confidence we need a lot of teams to lose, but 9 and 7 teams do make it!

Im hoping this offseason if we go down the drain the rest of the season that we can get a nice draft pick maybe a corner or OL personnel. As well looking forward to a new ST coach on the sideline and the correct players to make it work.

Steeler
12-11-2009, 10:14 AM
Hahah, the ignorance is astounding.

I know it is.

stb_steeler
12-11-2009, 10:46 AM

Good idea.....Its a great opportunity to get rid of some dirty laundry.

stb_steeler
12-11-2009, 10:53 AM
Ask them how they feel about facing the Chargers in the playoffs? Dungy said at ass end of Football Night in America Sunday Night that the last team the Colts want to face in the Playoffs is the Chargers because the Chargers match up very well against them.

No matter how bad you feel remember the six Lombardi Trophies and six rings you have. Would the seasons be as much fun if you won every year? Some of us are still waiting for one Lombardi Trophey...

Exactly..... I still wear my Steeler gear, always have, always will. Like you said we have six. No one else does. Any one gets in your face always remember to throw that at them.