PDA

View Full Version : It Started back in August

Bobby_Walden
12-10-2009, 10:32 PM
You cannot run a cream puff camp without hitting and expect to be a physical, tough team. A very poor coaching job.

This team has no identity.

These guys quit and cannot wait to golf.

pghfrank1948
12-10-2009, 10:49 PM
I agree Tomlin let this happen in August with that training camp. I am totally embarrassed to be a fan of a team who packs it in on National TV to the God awful Browns. What a long fall from the top to the bottom. I cant see them winning another game this year. And that is that. I wish some of the players had to go to my work since I live in Ohio and take the humiliation I have to. Thanks Black ^ Gold

stillers4me
12-10-2009, 11:11 PM
Since, training camp, we beat Tennesse, SanDiego, Minnesota, and Denver.

WTF does anything that happend in August have to do with the piss poor performance we saw tonight?

FacemeIke
12-10-2009, 11:26 PM
I disagree. We came out with heart in the beginning of the season. We hit hard and tackled well and got out to a 6-2 record against some pretty good teams. What went wrong wasnt in camp. It happened somewhere in the middle of the season where this team lost its confidence and its fight. Maybe the cincy game? I remember thinking it was strange after that game where the team was just like "yeah we got beat by the better team, they are better then us right now, ho-hum" It just thought it was wierd how the team handled the loss, and nothing has been the same since.

Vincent
12-10-2009, 11:34 PM

Shea
12-10-2009, 11:48 PM
You cannot run a cream puff camp without hitting and expect to be a physical, tough team. A very poor coaching job.
This team has no identity.

These guys quit and cannot wait to golf.

Tomlin first training camp was tough and physically demanding.

Along with that and his practice regimen during that first season probably contributed to a team that fizzed out during the long stretch and resulted in a one and done in the playoffs that year. Tomlin himself has admitted he might have contributed to the fact that the team's bodies wore down and resulted in the late season collapse.

Try again, because our recent struggles have nothing to do with the approach taken during training camp.

Rick5895
12-11-2009, 04:49 AM
This isn't an issue of training camp being too hard or soft. This is an issue of character and whether this team has any character and pride.

4xSBChamps
12-11-2009, 05:32 AM

Troof

Bobby_Walden
12-11-2009, 06:44 AM
I respect your comments. This is what it has to do with it.

When you don't set a physical tone, a consistent one. You get soft.
Sure 6-2 is a great start. Then, a bump in the road...Where is the endurance ? Where is the toughness ?

Players must respect, and to a degree...fear the coach. When a coach lightens the workload, he is in effect saying he fears the players. Bad.

There were comments about taking it easier on veterans because of the fear of burning out.
Football is a tough sport. If you can't play a full season - get off the team and let a young, fit player try.

Not meant to be mean - just a fact.

Steeldude
12-11-2009, 07:20 AM
what really bothers me about some of these players is the fact they always have time and the energy to celebrate routine plays. it's all me, me, me...

4xSBChamps
12-11-2009, 07:25 AM
what really bothers me about some of these players is the fact they always have time and the energy to celebrate routine plays. it's all me, me, me...

unfortunately, this is a societal-wide problem, not particular to 'em Stillers

"When we care-not whom receives the credit, there is no-limit on what we can acheive"

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/RonaldReaganSteelerFan.jpg

Ronald Wilson Reagan