PDA

View Full Version : TOMLIN AND BEN ARE STILL GREAT!!!!!

steel9guy
12-10-2009, 11:39 PM
jeez everyone has bad seasons but I"M NOT CALLING FOR PEOPLE TO BE FIRED. I CAN"T BELIEVE THE STUFF BEING SAID ON HERE. THINK ABOUT EVERYTHING THAT BEN HAS DONE FOR THIS TEAM IN 6 YEARS. I'm ticked off badly but no need to "Clean house" or "Fire Tomlin." Next year in the playoffs I'll say I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!!

steel9guy
12-10-2009, 11:42 PM
HE WON 2 SUPERBOWLS-BEN DID.

hammy36
12-10-2009, 11:47 PM
I agree whole heartedly. This is basically the same team we won the super bowl with (minus injuries). No house cleaning, etc. needs to take place. This team needs to sit back and reflect on what is important to them. They really didn't look like a team fighting for their lives. Maybe they're poorly conditioned and just tired. Maybe leadership reflects the wrong attitude. Whatever it is, it sure hurts. One good thing about our Steelers is that "there is always next year". Win or lose...LOVE 'EM!!:tt04:

steel9guy
12-11-2009, 12:07 AM
I agree whole heartedly. This is basically the same team we won the super bowl with (minus injuries). No house cleaning, etc. needs to take place. This team needs to sit back and reflect on what is important to them. They really didn't look like a team fighting for their lives. Maybe they're poorly conditioned and just tired. Maybe leadership reflects the wrong attitude. Whatever it is, it sure hurts. One good thing about our Steelers is that "there is always next year". Win or lose...LOVE 'EM!!:tt04:

I couldn't have said it any better. Next year is a new year and we are going to be better. The Steelers will hear it this offseason but that will motivate them for next year.

meelanova
12-11-2009, 12:15 AM
I cant believe it. Two. Count them, two people are actually pretty positive and optimistic. A rarity, I tell ya.

Gnutella
12-11-2009, 12:17 AM
Is Ben still great? If Cleveland can confuse him, then maybe not.

FacemeIke
12-11-2009, 12:19 AM
The people calling for Tomlin's head are nuts. The people calling for Arians head are smart, and the people who were calling for Arians head last year were ahead of the curve.

iloveben7
12-11-2009, 12:49 AM
Is Ben still great? If Cleveland can confuse him, then maybe not.

Like no other QB in the world has struggled against a bad team?
Did you watch the game tonight? Ben wasn't our only problem

Ben will always be my favorite QB <3

ohiosteelerfan20
12-11-2009, 12:55 AM
Being 6 and 7 with Ben being the qb is better than losing in the AFC championship game with Kordell. At least there is hope for next year.

SteelCityMom
12-11-2009, 01:25 AM
Being 6 and 7 with Ben being the qb is better than losing in the AFC championship game with Kordell. At least there is hope for next year.

Haha...very well said!

casteeler
12-11-2009, 01:29 AM
Haha...very well said!

hey steelers thanks for not getting my hopes up!

steel9guy
12-11-2009, 01:43 AM
I think were primed to have a good 2010. After an offseason of torture the Steelers WON'T let this happen again. This also gives us a chance to address some Major needs and prepare for the next season. And if there's something on the bright side this year, WE CAN STILL TAKE the rats outta the playoff picture haha.

GO STEELERS-NOW, AFTER OUR NEXT SUPERBOWL, AND FOREVER!!!!!!!!!
And btw every qb has bad seasons, Ben will rebound next year and he's not even having a bad season now. Just too many bad things happed this year.

Angus Burgher
12-11-2009, 01:51 AM
I still love Ben. I always will. If he ever said "the hell with it, I'm sick of getting concussions... I'm going to a team that can actually block for me," I would become a fan of that team (in addition to the Steelers) and I would bear him no ill will over it.

The jury's still out on Tomlin for me. I think he was lucky enough to inherit a good team that functioned well in his first two years. Now I think he's being exposed as a guy who is in over his head.

Steelersfan4life0655
12-11-2009, 01:59 AM
I really think last years run really beat this team up!! I enjoyed every minute of last year and will cherish it. This just wasnt our year and hopefully we heal up the rest of the season and get back to the drawing board! I agree, i am glad tomlin is our coach and I will always believe Ben is the best QB in the league!!

steel9guy
12-11-2009, 02:07 AM
Look at the saints last year compared to this year. They made a few adjustments on the defense and look where there at. We are ranked in the top 10 on both O and D. We aren't a bad team and I think it can be adjusted for next year. And I think that Tomlin is a great coach. When Bill Cowher left we didn't have guys like, Lamarr Woodley, Larrence Timmons, James Harrison(not a starter), Mendenhall, Willie Colon, Mike Wallace, and guys like that. THis isn't a bad football team. Were just not playing with heart. look at the tapes from last year. Everyone was pumped up and yelling and screaming ready to go kick butt. This year they just stare with that blank look on their face knowing they're going to lose. Next year ladies and gentlemen will be better.

stlrtruck
12-11-2009, 09:19 AM
Ben has proven himself while facing adversity.

I'll hold judgment on Tomlin until he comes back next year and delivers the Steelers on Game Day!

The_WARDen
12-11-2009, 09:22 AM
Cut Ben and let's go with Dixon...after all, I miss the Kordell years!

:popcorn:

casteeler
12-11-2009, 10:21 AM

with arians calling plays dennis dixon will never see the field again. the balt game should have opened some eyes

steel9guy
12-11-2009, 01:29 PM

I agree. I mean having a great qb is overrated. I miss the Kordell years too. It was always fun missing the playoffs.!!!!!