PDA

View Full Version : Bill Belichick calls Mike Holmgren

steelermaniac
01-27-2006, 04:11 PM
Did you guys here this? Apparently, Belichick called Holmgren to share advice about playing our team. I have heard of coaches calling each other before, but this is lame... the only guy who can continuously beat our ass is sharing pointers with our opponent.

Atlanta Dan
01-27-2006, 04:16 PM
All's fair - think Cowher talked with Schottenheimer before the Colts playoff game?

Leaving that aside, the Ben that Belichek has beaten is not the Ben that Holmgren will be playing.

steelermaniac
01-27-2006, 04:19 PM
The crappy thing is, Belichick knows how to put pressure un Big Ben and make him crack under pressure. That Seattle D is off the hook... I dunno it just scares me

Go Steelers

BlackNGold203
01-27-2006, 04:21 PM
Shelf your fear....Belichek can say whatever he wants....Seattle doesnt have NE's personnel

SteelerFanInCA
01-27-2006, 04:42 PM
Holmgrem can raise Vince Lombardi from the dead to speak with him and it still wouldn't help his cause. This is our year!!!!!!

steelermaniac
01-27-2006, 04:44 PM
Holmgrem can raise Vince Lombardi from the dead to speak with him and it still wouldn't help his cause. This is our year!!!!!!
HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant wait till next Sunday!!!!!!!!
http://www.geocities.com/jshmt/steelers.jpg

tony hipchest
01-27-2006, 05:02 PM
'chick isnt dumb. he knows the steelers have been and probably will be the biggest roadblock and threat to getting to another sb. no team in the afc has been to more champ games than the steelers and patriots during his tenure there. if it comes down to a playoff matchup again he would much rather face sb chokers rather than sb champs who are trying to repeat.

plus his inflated ego would love to take all the credit for winning another sb even if it was for the seahawks. this guy cracks me up.

hardwork
01-27-2006, 05:05 PM
Even if Belichick did have the Steelers number he wouldn't give it all away. Further, this is a better Steeler team at the moment. Not so macho that they get in their own way.

CASTEEL
01-27-2006, 05:14 PM
Screw 'em...... let "the genious" share what he wants..... it won't make a bit of difference. Holgrem has the Steelers game films, what's Billy boy gonna do, call a play by play for him???

Besides, Lebeau is gonna change things up so much from every other game they've played.... and Ben is SOOOO much more than what he was the last time New England came to town.

Not to worry..... :bouncy:

HERE WE GO STEELERS!!

Brady12
01-27-2006, 05:28 PM
No information leaked to holmgren can stop the Steelers. Like someone said above, Seattle does not ahve the personnel New England has. Anyone with a brain could watch a game tape and figure out what you have to do to beat Pittsburgh.

ZornToLargent
01-27-2006, 05:30 PM
Did you guys here this? Apparently, Belichick called Holmgren to share advice about playing our team. I have heard of coaches calling each other before, but this is lame... the only guy who can continuously beat our ass is sharing pointers with our opponent.
Yeah...this even solidifies it more for me!!!

Go Seahawks!!!

Damn the SB bye week all to hell. I wish the SB was this weekend. Another week is gonna kill me.

steelermaniac
01-27-2006, 05:30 PM
No information leaked to holmgren can stop the Steelers. Like someone said above, Seattle does not ahve the personnel New England has. Anyone with a brain could watch a game tape and figure out what you have to do to beat Pittsburgh.

Pats fan, if your so down on Seattles personnel, why do you have their garbage? Fuaria and Chad Brown!

Go Steelers!

Brady12
01-27-2006, 05:32 PM
Pats fan, if your so down on Seattles personnel, why do you have their garbage? Fuaria and Chad Brown!

Go Steelers!

I'm not the General Manager.. So I could not answer that question for you.

tony hipchest
01-27-2006, 05:33 PM

and what is that? or was that just a dig on dungy, lewis, and shanahan?

Ambridge
01-27-2006, 05:36 PM
You know I've heard of coaches who've worked together before sharing thoughts and strategies and I could even see Holmgren calling Belichick for some inside tips on playing the Steelers but for Beli-prick to call Holmgrem and give un-asked for advice makes him a total piece of steaming :poop:

I guess since Beli-d-i-c-k and his precious Panties got bounced out of the playoffs he feels the need to get his rocks off by trying to see if his brilliant insight can prevent a team that is representing the conference his team plays in from winning the Superbowl.

Nice move Bill!

tony hipchest
01-27-2006, 05:48 PM
Yeah...this even solidifies it more for me!!!

Go Seahawks!!!

Damn the SB bye week all to hell. I wish the SB was this weekend. Another week is gonna kill me.

'chick told holmgren to have hasselbeck try to "tuck" the ball before he fumbles (see jake plummer) and to lay back on kordell, hes pretty stupid. :sofunny: good luck with that.

i hear chuck noll was gonna call coach cowher. but to wish him good luck and say he couldnt have done it better getting here.

its gonna be a long week. media day should be pretty cool. ive always enjoyed alexander on the best damn sports show

specialbus
01-27-2006, 05:55 PM
No worries. Da Bus is gonna run all over them and open up the passing game for Big Ben, and what the offense won't finish our Big Nasty D will take of the rest! Porter is on fire right now!!

VegasStlrFan
01-27-2006, 05:55 PM
Holmgren doesn't need Bellichick to give him info. He's got the game films and scouts of his own. Bellichick won't be unveiling the crystal ball of knowledge to Holmgren. There is no secret to stopping Pittsburgh. You the stop the run, pressure the passing game, and attack our secondary. The difference is execution, when the Pats play us Brady throws darts and the defense is always in position. They have good personel and play very very disciplined. That is something that you can't coach into the distraction filled two weeks prior to the SB. The Hawks don't have a Brady to pick apart our zone blitzes. Let 'em talk in 9 days 3 hours 38 min 30 sec its game time.

steelermaniac
01-27-2006, 06:00 PM
You think brady is more accurate than hasselbeck? I have NFL network and have been following the Seahawks closely since week 7 when i saw the potential Steelers Vs Seahawks Superbowl. I have learned that hasselbeck is a surgeon with a football. On the rare occasion where one of his passes is errant, their big wide recievers like Darryl Jackson and Joe Jurivicious either go up for the ball or turn into a defender tomake sure the ball isnt picked. There o-line give Happy Feet Hasselbeck all day to through. I wouldnt underestimate this team. their is a reason they went 13-3 and are in the XL.

seahawksfan
01-27-2006, 06:08 PM
I think the game plans will be what got each team to the SB. Sure, adjustments will be made but the preperation will be to core strategies. Our respective coaches are at the top of their game. Replacing TM mid season saved your season. TM cost you guys two wins. Anyway, I digress. Coaches call each other but you guys know that Holmgren doesn't need any coach to figure out the winning game plan.

As to the caliber of our players, the Seahawks are very strong. More importantly, they are in te SB and the NE Patsies aren't. It isnlt talent that gets you there. It's heart and a burning desire to win. The NEP lacked that this year and their season ended. C'est la vie. That's french for :bowdown:

VegasStlrFan
01-27-2006, 06:53 PM
I don't know if Hasselback is or isn't more accurate than Brady. But I do know Brady always shows up with his "A" game against the Steelers. Can Hasselback do that maybe, maybe not. I don't think he will be able to, I don't think Brady would be able to right now the way the Steelers are playing. Hasselback hasn't faced a 3-4 defense since week 7 and hasn't faced this calibur of play all year. This will be new territory for him. I'm not under estimating the Hawks. There going to give them a game, and they have the ability to win if the Steelers comeout overconfident and flat. The Steelers need to come out and play like they have been the past few weeks and they will win.

Tha rock
01-27-2006, 07:05 PM
i think this is pitts game it doesnt matter who he talked to!!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-27-2006, 07:08 PM
This stuff is done all the time.. Im sure Bill didnt just arbitrarily call up Mike and say Hey, this is how we beat them, thats not something another coach really wants to hear..... those 2 I would imagine are friends and talk more often than just recently about this game.

shevdog
01-27-2006, 07:54 PM
Even with some tips from Belichick, its hard to stop LeBeau's dynamic defensive schemes.

I can't wait to see the Steeler's D contain Alexander.

BlackNGold203
01-27-2006, 08:02 PM
I'll say it again...Belichek can draw pictures for Holmgen if he wants....Seattle does not have the personnel....OOOHHHH..they shut down Steve Smith!!!....UHHHH....whats so hard about that when Carolina had ZERO running backs?....Washington has ZERO offense all together...wait and see what happens when they face a true balanced dynamic offensive attack...

ZornToLargent
01-27-2006, 08:20 PM
I'll say it again...Belichek can draw pictures for Holmgen if he wants....Seattle does not have the personnel....OOOHHHH..they shut down Steve Smith!!!....UHHHH....whats so hard about that when Carolina had ZERO running backs?....Washington has ZERO offense all together...wait and see what happens when they face a true balanced dynamic offensive attack...
Just you wait until the Steelers face the most balanced and thorough offense in the league as well. Plus the toughest, unknown Defense in the league. Needless to say...it will be a battle till the end of the game. I look for this to be one of the best SB's in recent times...

cowhersmom
01-27-2006, 08:26 PM
No need to worry. As of this AM, Pittsburgh is favored by 4. The NUMBER 6 seed is favored over the NUMBER 1 seed. That says it all right there. And if you still need more reassurance, the Steelers are undefeated in a superbowl in which they were favored.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-27-2006, 08:30 PM
Needless to say...it will be a battle till the end of the game. I look for this to be one of the best SB's in recent times...

Your exactly right about that ! :tt:

BlackNGold203
01-27-2006, 08:34 PM
Just you wait until the Steelers face the most balanced and thorough offense in the league as well. ...

So now Seattle has a better offense than Indy????

Youre losing credibility here....

rowedf
01-27-2006, 08:50 PM
That Seattle D is off the hook... I dunno it just scares me
Go Steelers

I hope this is sarcasm. Off the hook? Overall ranked 16th......26th against the pass.....how is that off the hook? Yeah, they played well against....LOL the redskins.....not exactly an offensive jugernaut. They did play well against the Panthers, playing against their 4th string RB and pretty much focused in on Steve Smith, their offensive was pretty much one dimensionable.

louisvillecards
01-27-2006, 08:54 PM
Just you wait until the Steelers face the most balanced and thorough offense in the league as well. Plus the toughest, unknown Defense in the league. Needless to say...it will be a battle till the end of the game. I look for this to be one of the best SB's in recent times...
our d ranked 2 yours 16 sit down and shut up

iuprell67
01-27-2006, 08:56 PM
What is he going to tell him? To hurt Ben and Batch so Tommy plays?

steelermaniac
01-27-2006, 08:59 PM
What is he going to tell him? To hurt Ben and Batch so Tommy plays?
Hurting the opposing quarterback? I think that one is out of Cowers playbook, not Belichick.

louisvillecards
01-27-2006, 09:00 PM
this guys a liar and a troll go away punk before i slam you like joey porter hes all over this board praising the seagulls you dont even have the guts to come on here as a seatlle fan go back to their msg board where you belong

steelermaniac
01-27-2006, 09:03 PM
this guys a liar and a troll go away punk before i slam you like joey porter hes all over this board praising the seagulls you dont even have the guts to come on here as a seatlle fan go back to their msg board where you belong

Who are you talking about? Watch who you call a Seachicken fan... I am just a realist.:chair: :chair: :chair: :chair:
I bleed black and gold! I am just not as blind as some of you are.

3 to be 4
is this Maniac from McMillen? its ME, the former BZ

ZornToLargent
So now Seattle has a better offense than Indy????

Youre losing credibility here....
Oh dude...absolutely. Just you wait and see. I would take Hasselbeck and our O-line any day of the week and twice on Sundays over a Manning led offense. Peyton is probably the most over rated QB in all of football....with Eli coming in a close 2nd.

If you think the SB will be a replay of your game against the Colts.....you have another thing coming. The Seahawks are for real and I don't expect any of you to realize that until after the game when Hasselbeck is accepting the trophy.

ZornToLargent
01-27-2006, 09:06 PM
I hope this is sarcasm. Off the hook? Overall ranked 16th......26th against the pass.....how is that off the hook? Yeah, they played well against....LOL the redskins.....not exactly an offensive jugernaut. They did play well against the Panthers, playing against their 4th string RB and pretty much focused in on Steve Smith, their offensive was pretty much one dimensionable.
I love it when we play an over confident team with over confidant fans?we always come out on top. That's what I'd prefer....don't take us seriously at all. Don?t mind us at all when we are up accepting the Lombardi trophy either.

BlackNGold203
01-27-2006, 09:09 PM
If you think the SB will be a replay of your game against the Colts.....you have another thing coming.

I dont think it will be a replay....we will win by much more than 3 points......

ZornToLargent
our d ranked 2 yours 16 sit down and shut up
Out QB and our O-line will be the best your team has faced all year....period.

Our defense is WAAAY better and tougher than our "ranking" makes us appear....and that's fine with me. It will all be proven in the SB.

3 to be 4
Did you guys here this? Apparently, Martz called Cowher to share advice about playing the Seahawks. I have heard of coaches calling each other before, but this is great!... the only guy who can continuously beat their ass is sharing pointers with our us!!!!

BlackNGold203
01-27-2006, 09:17 PM

Our defense is WAAAY better and tougher than our "ranking" makes us appear....and that's fine with me. It will all be proven in the SB.

OK...so...what youre saying is...Seattles offense is better than Indys...and now...Hasselbeck is better than Brady, Palmer, Manning, and Favre...

Gotchya....

*backs away slowly*

ZornToLargent
01-27-2006, 09:19 PM
OK...so...what youre saying is...Seattles offense is better than Indys...and now...Hasselbeck is better than Brady, Palmer, Manning, and Favre...

Gotchya....

*backs away slowly*
I don't know about Favre in his prime.....but Favre right now...along with all the others you listed right now....you bet he is. Just you wait and see. Apparently you haven't been waching Seahawks football.

louisvillecards
01-27-2006, 09:22 PM

half the league is better and thats really fine with me and they accomplished this against some very weak teams!

steelermaniac
01-27-2006, 09:24 PM
Montana.... young.... favre.... hasselbeck.... Do you guys see a pattern? You cant take away from what hasselbeck has done. The boy was getting booed and had to endure chants calling for Dilfer when he first went to Seattle. He is solid. How will he play against our Defense... that is yet to decided... something tells me ****y Lebeau has something up his sleve

G
O

S
T
E
E
L
E
R
S

louisvillecards
01-27-2006, 09:25 PM
I don't know about Favre in his prime.....but Favre right now...along with all the others you listed right now....you bet he is. Just you wait and see. Apparently you haven't been waching Seahawks football.
i have a little thing called nfl sunday ticket you havent even sniffed a d like ours this year you wait and see

43Hitman
01-27-2006, 09:33 PM
Hurting the opposing quarterback? I think that one is out of Cowers playbook, not Belichick.

Do you actually think Cowher would put in the order to injure another team's player, especially their qb??? You may call yourself a realist, but that is the dumbest thing I have read all day.

clevestinks
01-27-2006, 09:35 PM
Everybody has film, BB is a great coach of his own team, there is nothing he can say that wouldnt be on tape

ZornToLargent
01-27-2006, 09:38 PM
i have a little thing called nfl sunday ticket you havent even sniffed a d like ours this year you wait and see
True. Which is why I think this is set to be one of the greatest Super Bowls in recent times. The leagues best Offense going against the leagues best defense. That will be the real match up right there. Both teams very much so deserve to be in the big XL!!!

steelermaniac
01-27-2006, 09:38 PM
Do you actually think Cowher would put in the order to injure another team's player, especially their qb??? You may call yourself a realist, but that is the dumbest thing I have read all day.

I call it as I see it.

STeeleeRS

43Hitman
01-27-2006, 09:41 PM
I call it as I see it.

STeeleeRS

So "your" saying that Cowher told Kimo or the D-line to hurt Palmer?

You do realize how ridiculous this sounds right?

You sound like a closet Bungle fan to me.:busted:

Just calling it how "I" see it

ZornToLargent
01-27-2006, 09:42 PM
To the person who just gave me negative rep points for this post with the message:

"Go Hawks!!!!!!! Hasselbeck is the man."

Thanks? :dang:

marabutas
01-27-2006, 09:43 PM
you have got to be kidding me. this sea gal is bragging about a 16th ranked defense when they've played almost half of their games against the likes of the horrific NFC West teams -- when they weren't playing the awful west teams, they were playing houston, tennessee and a decimated eagle team. for crying out loud, if you can't finish in the top 10 defenses in the league after playing that pathetic schedule of games, then there's something wrong. Get ready for a black and blue sunday. The sea gals are gonna be sore after this one. Meanwhile our thumbs will be proudly adorned --
COWER POWER

marabutas
01-27-2006, 09:50 PM
no worries ---although bill the chick is dying to stand on the sidelines at ford field, he can't , so nothing he can do or say can stop our Destany.
Riddle me this? Who is gonna stop Porter from making an XL ham sandwich out of hasselbeck - this guy is a beast and he's playing off his rocker.

COWER POWER

ZornToLargent
01-27-2006, 10:03 PM
no worries ---although bill the chick is dying to stand on the sidelines at ford field, he can't , so nothing he can do or say can stop our Destany.
Riddle me this? Who is gonna stop Porter from making an XL ham sandwich out of hasselbeck - this guy is a beast and he's playing off his rocker.

COWER POWER
Arguably the best O-Line in the league will. :dang:

seahawksfan
01-27-2006, 11:30 PM
Did you guys here this? Apparently, Martz called Cowher to share advice about playing the Seahawks. I have heard of coaches calling each other before, but this is great!... the only guy who can continuously beat their ass is sharing pointers with our us!!!!

"Continuously beat their ass..." is so far off the reality of this year that I barely want to dignify it with a response. We played the Rams twice this year and beat them. This team...this year is all that matters.

:rolleyes:

seahawksfan
01-27-2006, 11:33 PM

I agree. Even Palmer concluded after the game that it was an accident.

seahawksfan
01-27-2006, 11:36 PM

COWER POWER

Somebody named Walter Jones...

CASTEEL
01-28-2006, 01:15 AM
Wow...this thread has turned into a real conversation..... nice!!! :cool:

I would like to add the following:

1. The member who is saying that Cowher put in the hit command on Palmer is a moron, period.

2. All this talk about rankings is driving me nuts....... Yes Seattle is in one of the weakest divisions in the NFL, but that does not take away from the fact that anything can happen on any given Sunday, including Super Bowl Sunday! That being said, I still feel that the Steelers will KILL THE SHITTY SEABIRDS....... oh shit.... did I just say that out loud??? Sorry.... Um......

Anyways, here's to a good game on Sunday....and here's to ONE FOR THE THUMB!!!

Bradshaw is God
01-28-2006, 06:24 PM
Holmgren was just on ESPN talking about how much useful info he got from Belichick... pretty lame for us steelers fans.

Cape Cod Steel Head
01-28-2006, 07:08 PM
Holmgren was just on ESPN talking about how much useful info he got from Belichick... pretty lame for us steelers fans.F U C K off you little piece of s h i t.

Cebby
01-28-2006, 07:24 PM
Well said.

Ambridge
01-28-2006, 07:44 PM
I love it when we play an over confident team with over confidant fans?we always come out on top. That's what I'd prefer....don't take us seriously at all. Don?t mind us at all when we are up accepting the Lombardi trophy either.

Hey pot meet the kettle.:rolleyes:

Ambridge
01-28-2006, 07:50 PM
I call it as I see it.

STeeleeRS

You are a complete toolbox..........just calling it as I see it.

blitzburghXL
01-28-2006, 09:13 PM
Belichick cant give holmgren anything... Pansies only beat the Steelers when half our team's hurt.

3 to be 4
01-28-2006, 11:22 PM
Belichick cant give holmgren anything... Pansies only beat the Steelers when half our team's hurt.

yeah, that disabled list was loaded for the 2001 AFCCG, the 2002 opener,and the 2004 AFCCG

3 to be 4
01-28-2006, 11:23 PM
F U C K off you little piece of s h i t.

spacing! remember your spacing, please.:bouncy: :bouncy:

Steelersfan
01-28-2006, 11:32 PM
It doesn't matter at this point in the year. The coaches have two weeks to game plan. That should be plenty of time to try and conteract things that each team has done well all year. The Pats showed that when they beat the Rams in 2001. The Steelers just need to game plan for this one game and make it count.
The Seahawks will have a hard time running on the Steelers. This game should come done to how well Big Ben plays against Seattle's D and the same for Hasselback.
Yes Seattle had an easier road getting here but that doesn't make them dangerous.
On the same note, Seattle hasn't played a team playing like the Steelers have the past month.

football loser
01-30-2006, 01:44 AM
How would you feel about our chances if you found out our coach was looking for 'outside' help in order to beat the other team? If I am not mistaken Holmgren makes 10 million dollars a year, according to NFL Network. Getting help from other coaches, doesn't exactly make him sound like some kind of genius. You have to wonder about the confidence level of Holmgren. Is he worried about matching up with the unpredictability, and unfamiliar 3-4 defense? Is he worried? It seems like it, huh !

steelermaniac
01-30-2006, 02:43 AM
How would you feel about our chances if you found out our coach was looking for 'outside' help in order to beat the other team? If I am not mistaken Holmgren makes 10 million dollars a year, according to NFL Network. Getting help from other coaches, doesn't exactly make him sound like some kind of genius. You have to wonder about the confidence level of Holmgren. Is he worried about matching up with the unpredictability, and unfamiliar 3-4 defense? Is he worried? It seems like it, huh !

The thread is titled "BILL BELICHICK CALLS MIKE HOLMGREN"!!!! Thus implying belichick voluntered information to holmgren because he thinks your team does not deserve to win.

Rust-Buster
01-30-2006, 03:08 AM
If Seattle doesn't have the personnel that New England does, why is Brady sitting at home watching his own commercials this week?

Livinginthe past
01-30-2006, 08:36 AM
If Seattle doesn't have the personnel that New England does, why is Brady sitting at home watching his own commercials this week?

Yeah thats definitely a huge conundrum you have set us there Rust_Buster!

Hmmm....let me think......is the answer that Seattle is in the NFC and the Patriots are in the AFC - therefore neither have to play each other or the same group of teams in the playoffs?

Thats just my first guess.

NM