PDA

View Full Version : This mess is my fault

steelerchad
12-10-2009, 10:47 PM
I told my wife this would probably happen.

I've been a Steeler Fan all my life, since the 70's. I moved away in 92 to Virginia but get back for 4 or 5 games every year. I've been on the season ticket waiting list for 10 years. With no chance to ever reach the top, I decided to buy some PSL's on the open market this year.
The seller and I agreed to a deal and we submitted the paper work the last week of October so I could get the playoff ticket rights for this year. At 5-2 I actually thought there could be a home playoff game in my future. Paper work must be submitted by Nov. 1st to get them in the new owners name. November 12th I received confirmation from the Steelers that the rights had been transferred into my name and I promptly paid the playoff invoice they sent as well.

And we haven't won a game since.
0-5 since. No playoffs at all this year let alone a home game.
I figure they've been pretty great for 40 years or so, maybe this is the start of a new trend for them. It would be just my luck.
If I thought it would help I may even sell them back, but they can't be transferred again until next season.

MACH1
12-10-2009, 10:48 PM

I've been a Steeler Fan all my life, since the 70's. I moved away in 92 to Virginia but get back for 4 or 5 games every year. I've been on the season ticket waiting list for 10 years. With no chance to ever reach the top, I decided to buy some PSL's on the open market this year.
The seller and I agreed to a deal and we submitted the paper work the last week of October so I could get the playoff ticket rights for this year. At 5-2 I actually thought there could be a home playoff game in my future. Paper work must be submitted by Nov. 1st to get them in the new owners name. November 12th I received confirmation from the Steelers that the rights had been transferred into my name and I promptly paid the playoff invoice they sent as well.

I figure they've been pretty great for 40 years or so, maybe this is the start of a new trend for them. It would be just my luck.
If I thought it would help I may even sell them back, but they can't be transferred again until next season.

PM me, I'll take em off your hands. :chuckle:

SteelBaller
12-10-2009, 10:49 PM
Shut up you superstitious fool

T.Richardson
12-10-2009, 11:08 PM
Your fired!

Preacher
12-10-2009, 11:10 PM

you really need to learn about a little thing called sarcasm.

And here I thought it was because they started losing after I saw them play the Bengals!

SteelBaller
12-11-2009, 11:51 AM
you really need to learn about a little thing called sarcasm.

And here I thought it was because they started losing after I saw them play the Bengals!

Steelerchad sounded pretty serious to me, are you sure he was being sarcastic?

Borski
12-11-2009, 11:55 AM
Steelerchad sounded pretty serious to me, are you sure he was being sarcastic?

yeah, I'm pretty sure he was.

Regardless, why yell shut up at him?

Atranox
12-11-2009, 12:06 PM

Are you new to the internet?

steelreserve
12-11-2009, 12:08 PM
No, I'll take the blame for this one. I wore my Polamalu jersey three times this year, and every time, he got injured.

Yesterday, I figured since he wouldn't be playing, there was no way for him to get injured again, so maybe I could get away with wearing it without doing any harm.

Nope. Bad mistake.

I really should just burn the damn thing at the end of the season, or give it to some kid. It was a crappy knock-off jersey anyway.

SteelBaller
12-11-2009, 12:19 PM
Are you new to the internet?

:rofl:

I really don't think it's sarcasm, he might be joking but that's not the same as being sarcastic.

Superstitions are foolish. Steelerchad's season tickets aren't to blame, and neither is steelreserve's Polamalu jersey, so
:shout: SHUT UP YOU SUPERSTITIOUS FOOLS!!!

solardave
12-11-2009, 12:34 PM
:rofl:

I really don't think it's sarcasm, he might be joking but that's not the same as being sarcastic.

Superstitions are foolish. Steelerchad's season tickets aren't to blame, and neither is steelreserve's Polamalu jersey, so
:shout: SHUT UP YOU SUPERSTITIOUS FOOLS!!!

NICE!! You've got a lot of class.Just show up and start being ignorant.

Curtain_of_Steel
12-11-2009, 01:05 PM
No, no , no...

Its my fault. Last year and actually always being an adolescent adult to the nth degree at 40, lol I would set the PS3 lineup according to what players were playing that week for the Steelers. Dominated pretty much the way the Steelers went. Right to the bowl win. Some scores were even the same.
This year with Polamalu on the cover its been hell. Not to mention the rest of the injuroes. Although Hood has 9 sacks on the year and the top run def, they pick a part the secondary regularly, similar to what we are seeing, lol. I have beated the Broncos, and Ravens 1-1, in fact the one i lost, same score, tied in Ot, lost in OT on an INT set up for a fg.
Even with Dixon I smacked the rat turds in the one win. Play action roll outs(arians shouldve taken notes), rushed for 200, passed for 200 more and 5 scores.
Played the Stains twice yesterday(thank god Im self employed). What an ass beating I had, sacked quinn 1 time in 2 games. The sacked me all over the place about 22 sacks. Despite having a shitty D line. go figure, lol Quinn had so much time he could've taken a dump than passed the ball.

So as my wife stated, I have cost the entire Steeler nation, 200million strong what should've been a cup cake scheduled year, we have sucked. My apologies to everyone. As I'm joking around with my kids this morning I said well, the Saints are black and gold and in the nfc lets adopt them so we can watch some sort of football, lol

As I have told my friends this who wish to beat us down, feel free to use any excuse, lol

1) We have 6
2) How do you guys continue to root for the eagles and the jets each year? One year of sucking it up and this blows. Yet you guys have do this every year of your life?
3) We have 6
4) Like you guys, at least I'll have the honeydo list caught up before Jan 1. Usually it doesnt get done till Feb.
My personal favorite
5) We have 6

stb_steeler
12-11-2009, 01:26 PM
Im gonna go with 6......s:wink02:

SteelBaller
12-11-2009, 04:33 PM
NICE!! You've got a lot of class.Just show up and start being ignorant.

How am I ignorant? You either are or aren't ignorant, you can't just start "being" ignorant. Are you ignorant of the word ignorant?

xfl2001fan
12-11-2009, 04:36 PM
How am I ignorant? You either are or aren't ignorant, you can't just start "being" ignorant. Are you ignorant of the word ignorant?

You can "start being ignorant" but showing up and your first few posts are ignorant classless posts. For a good reference, you should refer to your first post in this thread as a prime example.

Even a fool looks wise, when he says not a thing.

solardave
12-11-2009, 04:38 PM

You started off by being an asshole!!! How's that?

xfl2001fan
12-11-2009, 04:39 PM

Aww come on now..there's a difference between being an asshole and ignorant though...you're just proving his point by calling him an asshole as opposed to showing him how ignorant he is. :toofunny:

SteelBaller
12-11-2009, 04:40 PM

Much better, I can now comprehend the meaning of your statement.

SteelBaller
12-11-2009, 04:45 PM
Aww come on now..there's a difference between being an asshole and ignorant though...you're just proving his point by calling him an asshole as opposed to showing him how ignorant he is. :toofunny:

BWAHAHAHAH! You got it!

solardave
12-11-2009, 05:23 PM
Much better, I can now comprehend the meaning of your statement.

Glad we cleared that up. Now I can sleep tonight.

AllD
12-11-2009, 08:00 PM

I thought it was me so I shaved and purposely did not wear my Steeler shirt to remove the hex. Maybe one of the players used a Terrible Towel in an inappropriate manner?

beSteelmyheart
12-11-2009, 08:18 PM
Come to think of it I haven't been diligent enough to crank up my favorite Steelers songs at work on the last day of work before the upcoming game. Not only that but my Browns fan fiancee accidentally drank out of my Steelers coffee cup that morning (sacriledge to "defile" the coffee mug of the opposing team!!)

steelerchad
12-11-2009, 08:23 PM
Come to think of it I haven't been diligent enough to crank up my favorite Steelers songs at work on the last day of work before the upcoming game. Not only that but my Browns fan fiancee accidentally drank out of my Steelers coffee cup that morning (sacriledge to "defile" the coffee mug of the opposing team!!)

A Brown's fan fiancee? You might want to rethink that dude. It could get very ugly for her at holidays. My sister married a Brown's fan and since he's known me this is his 1st win against us. He is punished each and every holiday (Thanksgiving, Chirstmas) by the entire family. Once we even played them on Christmas Eve while we were all together (the 41-0 game). I almost felt sorry for him.

Well if you stay with her hope she's really hot at least.

Steel-Bryan
12-12-2009, 01:06 AM
Its my fault, i usually have oreos and milk on gameday. We havent lost when ive eaten oreos during a game, but when i havent, we are 1-6 . ITS MY FAULT YOU GUYS.

pghfrank1948
12-12-2009, 06:26 AM
Its really my fault I posted a thread where my son (In the Service) supprised with a 60" big screen and I am 0-5 with the new TV. Blame me !!!! Sarcasm goes a long way to cheer people up!!!!!

stlrtruck
12-12-2009, 08:53 AM
Ok I'll agree to fix this entire mess up right now.

I'll buy the PSLs from the OP, and I'll come to Ohio and get that new TV!

Curtain_of_Steel
12-12-2009, 11:51 AM
With all the idiot friends I have who continue to beat me down on the Steelers, I feel like we are the Tiger Woods of the nfl this month. Bot do people like to beat the best of the best down whenever they have a chance.

Still using excuse 1,3 and of course 5.

We have 6!

Now go away, lol