No we can't win every year.
But we can
Play with dignity
Play to our potential
Play with fire and determination
Play to your pay grade.
Play to win
Play 60 minutes
Beat bad teams and lose close games to good teams.

The Steelers have done none of that. This does not sit right with many fans and it should not.

We want answers. Have we not been loyal? Have we not been faithful? Doesn't the Steeler nation deserve better?

MACH1
12-11-2009, 12:31 AM
The Saints and colts are still undefeated. Go there.

Shit happens, just happened to us this year, in one huge pile.

ohiosteelerfan20
12-11-2009, 12:36 AM
But we can
Play with dignity
Play to our potential
Play to your pay grade.
Play to win
Play 60 minutes

The Steelers have done none of that. This does not sit right with many fans and it should not.

We want answers. Have we not been loyal? Have we not been faithful? Doesn't the Steeler nation deserve better? been in every single game this year. Within one score, one play of winning each game.

ohiosteelerfan20
12-11-2009, 12:39 AM
The Saints and colts are still undefeated. Go there :applaudit::applaudit:

what he said

SteelCityMom
12-11-2009, 12:40 AM
But we can
Play with dignity
Play to our potential
Play to your pay grade.
Play to win
Play 60 minutes

We want answers. Have we not been loyal? Have we not been faithful? Doesn't the Steeler nation deserve better?

Seriously...if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

I understand you're frustrated and all, but we're just fans and should be grateful to just have a team that has a long history of success.

Bluedust
12-11-2009, 12:42 AM
But we can
Play with dignity
Play to our potential
Play to your pay grade.
Play to win
Play 60 minutes

Sports aren't life anymore, it's just a business, they're part of our wonderful corporate culture now, get over it and get with the times.
If you have a problem with it, I'm sorry, but that's our country now.

Oh did you hear wonderful capitalist god jerry jones made sure NFL revenue sharing was struck dead? That along with an uncapped year, whoooo it's gonna be so much fun, cause man I love baseball, one team in 40 out of 100 world series is so gut wrenching.

Hayeksheroes
12-11-2009, 02:07 AM
been in every single game this year. Within one score, one play of winning each game.

What are you smoking? The worst o and d smoked the Steelers.

iloveben7
12-11-2009, 02:15 AM
What are you smoking? The worst o and d smoked the Steelers.

but we were still in the game

steelreserve
12-11-2009, 02:55 AM
The Saints and colts are still undefeated. Go there.

Yea ... I dunno. This might be a little different if it was the first time it had happened. But it's 2006 all over again. I think I'm safe in saying that now.

I don't really feel angry, so much as... WTF? I just don't get it about this group of guys. It's basically the same core group of 30 people that win the Super Bowl one year and play like absolute shit the next. More than in the "shit happens" way. You can lose a close game by random luck, but not 7. F***ing weird.

Preacher
12-11-2009, 03:15 AM
But we can
Play with dignity
Play to our potential
Play to your pay grade.
Play to win
Play 60 minutes

Nope. The Rooney's might. The players play for the Rooney, not you or me, despite what we may think. We don't deserve anything. You paid money to buy a jersey? You deserve the jersey, and got it. You paid money to see a Steelers game? You got 3 hours or so in a stadium watching two teams vying for touchdowns.

You got what you deserved. So did I. Everything else is just us along for the ride. Glad when it happens... but it shouldn't affect your life when it doesnt.

Kanata-Steeler
12-11-2009, 03:25 AM
I'm also tired of:

"...ya but if only Troy and Aaron were back, then ..." blah blah. Sure, we need them, but where's Coach T's direction and management of his players'. STEP UP !

There is NO EXCUSES for this Teams shameful 2009 season.:mad:

lambertlunaticfan
12-11-2009, 03:29 AM
Thats my same thoughts.As in 2006 i don't understand how a team that won the super bowl one season can not even back it up by making the playoffs the next season.I guess maybe they party and celebrate too much during the previous off season and doing signings and traveling all of that stuff that goes with winning the big game.I just don't understand it.As you said,it's almost the same darn team.Yeah troy has been injured and we have been without aaron smith but come on.And you are safe in saying that 2009 is 2006 all over again,as it is.And as you, i am not as much angry as just puzzled why this happen again to the team.But as they say one team has to lose the game and this season that has been the steelers.And all teams play up for the defending champs.And all the other sports mottos that people put out there.It's just sad and i am sure i am the only one that thinks this.But when you win a championship and cant even come close to making the playoffs the following season it loses something for me as it was like a fluke win or something.:noidea:Yea ... I dunno. This might be a little different if it was the first time it had happened. But it's 2006 all over again. I think I'm safe in saying that now.

I don't really feel angry, so much as... WTF? I just don't get it about this group of guys. It's basically the same core group of 30 people that win the Super Bowl one year and play like absolute shit the next. More than in the "shit happens" way. You can lose a close game by random luck, but not 7. F***ing weird.

Preacher
12-11-2009, 03:55 AM
From the beginning of the year, this team just didn't have that fire... especially the defense.

I don't know if we have one highlight reel hit this year, that ended up being a POSITIVE play for us. The cohesiveness just didn't seem to be there.

Next year, for the first time, I think we will really be starting from scratch in a mental way since 2004.

That's find with me. Its time to reload!