PDA

View Full Version : What Pick

Steel-Bryan
12-11-2009, 12:31 AM
What pick will we have in the draft this year ? And who will we get with it ? I say 16th pick and we take a MLB or a FS

FacemeIke
12-11-2009, 12:34 AM
Doesnt matter to me, no matter what pick we get and no matter who we draft he wont see the field much next year or probably even the year after. For the record though we need to draft Clark's replacement, Farrior's replacement and Hampton's replacement as all 3 of those guys are gone in the next 1-3 yrs. Another CB opposite of Ike wouldn't hurt either, but Burnett and Lewis are promising

JCPsteelers
12-11-2009, 12:34 AM
What pick will we have in the draft this year ? And who will we get with it ? I say 16th pick and we take a MLB or a FS

Depends on where we finish.. 6-10 would probably land us in the Top 10..

Other than QB, RB, WR, TE, and OLB we need help everywhere.

I'd go with best player available at either OL, CB, DL..

Getting Troy back healthy next year is a must also..

Steel-Bryan
12-11-2009, 12:36 AM
I think we need a MLB because farrior is getting old and I dont think Fox would be a good starter.

FacemeIke
12-11-2009, 12:38 AM
I think we are fine on OL actually though. They have played much better this year for the most part and we have Stapleton coming back next year.

Stang909
12-11-2009, 12:39 AM
I think we need a MLB because farrior is getting old and I dont think Fox would be a good starter.

I think Fox would be great actually. He played well when he filled in this year. Give him a little time to develop and he will be a good player. We really need to address issues at OL and CB.

GodofGridiron
12-11-2009, 12:54 AM
Depends on where we finish.. 6-10 would probably land us in the Top 10..

Other than QB, RB, WR, TE, and OLB we need help everywhere.

I'd go with best player available at either OL, CB, DL..

Getting Troy back healthy next year is a must also..

I have to disagree with OLine especially with a high pick. We've shown promise especially in the run game with Mendy. We've had injuries that struck (Stapleton on IR and lost Kemo to an injury) but i think overall we've done a good job. Ben holds on to the ball longer than necessary so his sacks total gives the impression that the OLine is bad, which they are not. U cant expect those guys to hold off a pass rush for 5 secs.

Id go for the highest rated shutdown corner in College Football if hes avail when we pick in the first rd. If not id go NT/DE (Hampton and Smith are on the wrong side of 30)

Sweed needs a good 3 game tryout. If he shows no improvement trade him for a 6th round pick if we get a suitor. If not cut his ass.

My draftboard looks like:

1) Top tier cover CB
2) NT/DE
3) Safety
4) OL
5) LB
6) FB
6) Center-OL
7) ? Kicker